Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Coolest Strategy Ever?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
We know that there is an infinite amount of strategies that wizards use in wizard101. Many are very common, and most, like mine, are unique. Many strategies can change during battle like a bike gear, some people focus on 1 strategy through the whole match, many skilled people can use more then 1 strategy at the same time, and many wizards can spam, which is definitely a strategy as well, but doesn't take much effort or skill to use. So, I've been in a cool 4v4 match lately that got me interested into some things. This is what happened:
All opponents were Storm
I'm Balance, teammates were: Life, Death, and Ice.

And here's how the battle rolled:
Storm was first
1st Storm used Stormblade on self
2-4th Storms used Feint on all wizards but me.
I used Volcanic Shield on self
Death used Plague
Ice used Legion Shield
Life used Tower Shield on self.

2nd round:
1st Storm used Elemental Blade on self
2nd used Dragonblade on 1st
3rd used Feint on me
4th used Windstorm

I used Dragonblade on self
Death used Deathblade on self
Ice used Legion Shield
Life used Spirit Blade

3rd round:
1st Storm used Balanceblade on self
2nd used Darkwind
3rd used Disarm on 1st
4th used TC Stormblade

I used Power Nova, did 1.6k
Death used Tower Shield
Ice used Iceblade
Life used Forest Lord, did 1.4k

The first Storm was the only one that had bigger resist, (40%) so he survived. He then used Storm Lord, criticaled, hitting 1.9k damage on me and Life
Did 3k damage on others.
We all got stunned, and then he used Tempest (800). Killed Death, and then I forget how the rest of the match went, but we won.

This wasn't until a while ago, so I may be a little wrong on some small details (Round off the damage), but the main point is that these Storm wizards had a really cool strategy. They all depended on the first Storm wizard to attack, overpowering him in damage, assuming that they didn't get hit by Earthquake. But, have you guys ever come across a team or 1v1 person that used a really powerful or cool strategy? It doesn't even have to be unique, it can be as simple as using Efreet then backing it up with a Power Link.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Personally if i had an entire team of storm wizards, I would have had all of them tempest spam for an easy win, but thats just unfair. The stragety you described is pretty much leaving all faith in one wizard to deal the winning blow, this is like a double edged sword, if you can pull it off, you win easy. On the other hand, if the other team survives, the chances of winning are harshly decreased. My advice for teams using this stragety, try leaving 2 players to do damage not just one.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
Today i pvped it was 1ice3storm vs 1life3ice and what the other team did was the ice would blade one of them and two of them tempest spammed and the other one would storm lord. They would hit around 500-1000 and 2000 with stormlord.
It was just impossible to heal more than they hit each round.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
I like when one Ice and three Life take on all these spammer teams, so then we spam unicorn! :D

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
I had a very interesting fight against a balance last night. She kept using mana burn when my pips got high. Not long after the fight had started I used an aura. She casted supernova on me and when that happened I made a note to myself. No more auras. The nova did 1.1k damage. Soon I was down to 400-600 health and my opponent had only lost 200 health (3.8k remaining). I used healing current and got a critical, getting me back to 2.7k/2.9k. The fight went on for another 20 minutes until I used leviathan, getting my opponent down to 900 health. I was almost out of cards so I had to shuffle and build up pips for another leviathan. It was hard to build up pips, because she kept mana burning me. Eventually I was down to 400 health and she was on 2.2k health. I used leviathan and won. I ended up getting 20 points for that win. :D

I think that the best people in pvp will be able to change their plan, when needed, at any time in the duel, to best combat the opponenent. I also think that the best at pvp have spent ages learning strategies, leveling up their pets and hatching to get the best possible result in pvp. :)

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
Once I saw a life pvp, he used heals every round until his opponent ran out of cards, it was interesting but long

Defender
May 15, 2010
lilycat1111 wrote:
Once I saw a life pvp, he used heals every round until his opponent ran out of cards, it was interesting but long
Hey, you might have seen me. lol