Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions about crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
Does it give better gear than bazzar or drops?What all can you make from crafting?Is crafting a waste of time,gold,etc.?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Personally I have found crafting can be very beneficial to your wizard, namely for me my aim is crafting up to be able to craft at least the helmets for my wizards from Wintertusk, they tend to have a bit better stats then the Waterworks ones. On some of my wizards I forgo WaterWorks and just craft the entire outfit, my storm and myth did fine using it.

You only need to craft up one wizard. I did it along the way with my first wizard and she can craft for the others using the shared bank to pass the stuff around. It can be frustrating if you don't have patience to hunt down reagents. I researched it a bit on wizard101central.com to get some hints and tricks on how to find certain rare ones or use transmute to turn one common thing into a rare thing. If you are a high level now and begin, back tracking will take some time but in the end I think it's worth the bother.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Crafting gear can be very beneficial. Once one wizard hits Legendary Artisan, you don't have to make your other wizards go through the grueling insanity, as that wizard can craft the gear for any school. That comes in handy!

Waterworks gear is the best for SOME wizards, however, if you get gear from there, sometimes a mix of Waterworks and crafted gear can make your wizard pretty awesome.

There are some gear drops that are pretty good, but most have a tendency to be lower level and lower stats than what you might already have, plus it seems you get stuff for every school but yours.

If you have other wizards on your account, be sure to keep some of those drops (the ones with decent stats), and put them in your Home/Dorm shared bank so you can share with them when they reach the appropriate level to use it.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I totally agree with what have been said already. I only want to add that with crafting, it is a fact that it will only get better. Expect greater things to craft in the next worlds. I got two wizards that are legendary artisans who can take turns in creating gears when timers are scarce. But one is enough for a whole account.

I personally like the Wintertusk gears to a certain extent because its my first real boost with stats. I think i may have been able to make three archmages quickly because of these crafted gears plus the ones in ZF. I value my time so i practically skipped farming for WW gears (which are great) and soldier on with crafted ones reliable enough to withstand even Avalon. All you need is some resourcefulness to find missing stats in wands, athames and rings as drops, bought in bazaars and can be crafted too. Of course a decent pet is a big factor in patching up stats you think you may need

You can never go wrong with crafting. endure a bit of scraping for reagents but the rewards are definitely great.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
how can i get the equipment crafting table to craft the sereaphim ring

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
how do i get the equipment crafting table to make the seal of the seraphim

Survivor
May 27, 2012

I made two im going to call theme swords and after crafting theme they have little beakers off to the right i am not sure what this means but i cant finish the quest that goes along with makeing theme so any suggestions please ben stuck on this one for weeks

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
"how do i get the equipment crafting table to make the seal of the seraphim"

goblue:

You can find different crafting tables in Krokotopia. I think it's the furniture vendor. You have to take the flying boat where Niles the Balance tree is. The vendor will be near a building.

"I made two im going to call theme swords and after crafting theme they have little beakers off to the right i am not sure what this means but i cant finish the quest that goes along with makeing theme so any suggestions please ben stuck on this one for weeks"

doughy:

The beakers mean that it is a crafted item. If the 'swords' are a craft quest and you have completed them, then you need to go back to the crafting vendor that gave you the quest. Once the vendor "okays" them, they stay in your inventory and you can sell them now or later on.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
goblue20029 wrote:

Equipment crafting tables are sold in the furniture shops, I bought mine in Mooshu.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
doughy1988 wrote:

I made two im going to call theme swords and after crafting theme they have little beakers off to the right i am not sure what this means but i cant finish the quest that goes along with makeing theme so any suggestions please ben stuck on this one for weeks

The little beakers on the right just means it is a crafted item. Sometimes a crafting quest will be to make two of one thing and two of another. So check your quests to make sure you don't need to make something else too.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
goblue20029 wrote:

Housing vendors sell the crafting tables, I don't think I saw it in the shopping district but I know they have them in Krok and beyond.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
goblue20029 wrote:
how can i get the equipment crafting table to craft the sereaphim ring

Zhi Lan's housewares just on the left side going into Mooshu

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
dude101271 wrote:
Does it give better gear than bazzar or drops?What all can you make from crafting?Is crafting a waste of time,gold,etc.?

Well I found that the Wintertusk gear was quite good, it got me through Celestia. I found that Zafaria and Avalon crafting items were better then most crafting items.

If your interested in housing items, then crafting provides the means to make a number of Celestian items along with a number of unrelated ( I mean that they aren't seen in any world ) housing items, and the two wonderous Castles, the Celestial Observatory and Watchtower Hall.

Crafting also lets you create treasure cards for either more crafting or for use in battle.