Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Canceling Subscription

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Idk about most fans of this game but sadly to say as an rpg gamer this game by far insults my passion. In the 3-4 years i have played this game i ended up with A death who is archmage. captain in pvp and legendary aristian. i ad a transcended balance and a myth but i deleted those wizards Shortly after completing avalon. Why? well first let me say this i am not satisfied and very dissappointed. The gear was just terrible the effort was purely lazy and above all that the stats not only fail to benefit the characters but the stats are lower at higher levels than lower levels. some of the spells are overly pip in the game, the bias among the schools clearly shows favoritism, the pet training feature is a wasted effort. i am sry but if i am gonna grow these snacks and put forth this time then i should get useful abilities the training is already hard enough. i will end it with 3 words: Gold,Time, and Snacks used in vain. The crafting quest are ridiculous, i dont have an issue with how much resources are to be used but when the resources are scarce and when you need 20 Aethers and you get maybe 2 out of an hour it becomes a tedious process. But wait transmuting right? ok i need 15 kelps for 1 aether ok so if i am gettiing one kelp majority of the time i am not getting anywhere. I saw myself continuing the game after the lvl cap reached 60. but i been dissappointed left and right. i feel really strongly about this because as i stated before rpgs are my passion and i played alot of them and this is the only one i came across that hurts me because i have wasted so much time. They dont seem to care about making improvements you would think through all the maintenance and all the time they had to release new worlds they would fix the simple features that are made so complicated. And pvp? i dont do it anymore in fact i havent pvp since celestia. that feature is unorganized and very unstable due to over the past several worlds some schools have turned out more efficent than others. So to be on with my conclusion this game is simply based on trial and error and chance, along with limitations on character development. your restricted and you have to put yourself to so much frustration and hassles to advance. and before the "Dedication" statement comes into play let me say this, There is no sense to purposely making simple things so complicated in the game. Make efficient gear, stop wasting people time training pets through trial and error, stop demanding large quantity resources when your providing scarce ones. And wait before someone says:"No one is making you do any of it" your right no one isnt but here is a thought if time can be spent making hoard packs that will suck ppl into gambling valuable crowns for a single mount in the crown shop for KI's profit (which they have that right to earn a profit) then perhaps they should make the game convenient to play and improve the features of this game. There is more frustration than fun in this game and i been disappointed for the last time. i have written letters, sent emails, gave feedback but i cant help but feel that at this point after the release of avalon that people's cries and complaints are being ignored. If they wanted to change or fix anything then thy would have been done it. Sry Ki but i have ran my course with this game and i wish all the fans and players luck in the future.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I seem to become tired of all the "chance to gets". After putting quite a bit of time into things and not getting what I want becomes annoying.

Since I par take in more areas of the game then just fighting I get more disappointments. Planting, crafting, pets, the best non crown gear. This leaves me a lot more of chances to not get what I go after or have it take forever to do. These areas become time pits - collecting for higher level crafting, training/hatching a pet for talents you can actually use and planting for the right drops.

This doesn't include how many times you have to do water works since the crafted gear in Wintertusk is ok but not all is best or if you want the new spells dropped rather then spend who knows how much on the pack.

It has come down to nothing in the game is a sure thing accept the name and school you picked for your wizard from there on it's all a chance to get stuff to add to it.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I too, am level 79 death wizard.. I'm with you %100 on this.. I just canceled my subscription as well. All I have left to do is pvp, and with the avalon spells death really took a bad hit. I'll pass on mass infection.. Doesn't do me any good at all, while other schools really benefited. Not to mention bad juju is such a joke when people can just wand it off. & have to do damage to ourself to use it? No thanks. How about a spell like life got that lets you live forever? Now people can stop our DOT spells, so our good spells are of no use, or worth the pips to cast, and one hit spells like pirate are wasted with one shield. Our frank spell gets a -25 infection?? Gee thanks but no thanks, i have a 0 pip infection i can use. Not to mention the crafted gear.. It's all just bad for death and I'm NOT about to start another high level wizard like so many say to do- shouldn't have to- I put time & money into my death for a reason. Another ex. is death is SUPPOSED to have low fizzle rate- I fizzle more than a storm with no accuracy..

I'm gonna be checking out other games with a more fair pvp system. & this isn't "crying, complaining or whining" this is hardcore facts from a LONG time player.. I have played pvp non stop since it was released, and over and over again death is getting the bad deal.. Just once I would like for death to benefit from an update.

Hero
May 02, 2009
jakehjk3 wrote:
I too, am level 79 death wizard.. I'm with you %100 on this.. I just canceled my subscription as well. All I have left to do is pvp, and with the avalon spells death really took a bad hit. I'll pass on mass infection.. Doesn't do me any good at all, while other schools really benefited. Not to mention bad juju is such a joke when people can just wand it off. & have to do damage to ourself to use it? No thanks. How about a spell like life got that lets you live forever? Now people can stop our DOT spells, so our good spells are of no use, or worth the pips to cast, and one hit spells like pirate are wasted with one shield. Our frank spell gets a -25 infection?? Gee thanks but no thanks, i have a 0 pip infection i can use. Not to mention the crafted gear.. It's all just bad for death and I'm NOT about to start another high level wizard like so many say to do- shouldn't have to- I put time & money into my death for a reason. Another ex. is death is SUPPOSED to have low fizzle rate- I fizzle more than a storm with no accuracy..

I'm gonna be checking out other games with a more fair pvp system. & this isn't "crying, complaining or whining" this is hardcore facts from a LONG time player.. I have played pvp non stop since it was released, and over and over again death is getting the bad deal.. Just once I would like for death to benefit from an update.

For accuracy, just because a certain spell has a higher accuracy rate doesnt mean its always gonna work (blame the rng for that). On my new wizard, my wand firecat fizzled 3 times in a row.

To the op, KI isn't perfect, and though they are trying their best to do good with updates, they can't please everyone.

For horde packs, contrary to popular belief, its not gambling, as your always gonna get 7 items each time. They may not be the ones you want, but you get them nonetheless. Besides, KI always states that you have a chance to get a certain item, not a garantee. No ones forcing you to buy them, thats your choice your making and no one elses.

Pvp isn't broken, as its the players who play the schools and use the spells that really matter and not the schools themselves, and if anything puppet teams are one of the major problems right now.

For pet training, don't expect to get the talents you want every time, as its supposed to be trial and error like everything else (trial and error exsists in everything, including games). Besides, without t&e, where would we be today?

The gear shouldn't always be the best at the higher levels, which may be what ki is trying to teach players who are so used to that. If you think about it, not everyone wants to go through dungeons like the waterworks to get gear from there.The crafted gear in av (save for some schools gear) actually is pretty decent, which coming from a player who rarely uses crafted gear is a good sign.

There's allot more to do in mmos besides questing and leveling up. For this game, there's pet training/hatching, derby, pvp arena, gardening, house decorating, role-playing with friends, and more.

If you look past the negatives that many players solely focus on and try to look at the positives of an update, you'll see that any game can be really fun/enjoyable if you give it a decent chance.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
brwac wrote:
I seem to become tired of all the "chance to gets". After putting quite a bit of time into things and not getting what I want becomes annoying.

Since I par take in more areas of the game then just fighting I get more disappointments. Planting, crafting, pets, the best non crown gear. This leaves me a lot more of chances to not get what I go after or have it take forever to do. These areas become time pits - collecting for higher level crafting, training/hatching a pet for talents you can actually use and planting for the right drops.

Games are supposed to be time pits anyway. I don't know what is wrong with crafting. It is time consuming but i enjoy looking for reagents in the bazaar if not farming for it like the golden pearls, scrap iron, following recipes for hard to get TC cards. But in the bazaar menu, I like clicking ever so quickly the refresh button when hunting for sought after reagents, buying one item or if lucky 20 at once? I even consider it as my away time from all the battles. Almost like being in an auction house scrapping for rare items.

Gardening however is a one time deal for me now. get one wizard into grandmaster and that's it. I never planted a seed anymore. Its biggest farce is eating the training points in a day that is better spent on training pets.

Pets you say? i think pets are game changing factors. you don't have defy, proof, pain giver, spritely, etc. on them, I consider it as weakness on the wizard. Gears, rings, athames, amulets can only go so far. Pets talents seal a wizards completeness for me. This i'm afraid is a necessary time pit.

This doesn't include how many times you have to do water works since the crafted gear in Wintertusk is ok but not all is best

I never had this problem with seeking gears in WW. Not that they are not good because they are but i prefer crafting than dealing with that very slow irritating dungeon. it is wiser in the long run to be a legendary artisan than loosing time farming for them. Crafting will always be upgrading while farming for WW gear will forever be just that.. an excessively slow time pit.

or if you want the new spells dropped rather then spend who knows how much on the pack.

I don't know what good spells are on the packs but i do prefer one very good pack for a long time now. The Raven's hoard pack. Why? they have the best wands in the game across the board and i did gain awesome ones buying only during sales and in so few packs. I found those wands so helpful stat wise that they still are better than the good wand drops we have in Avalon right now.

It has come down to nothing in the game is a sure thing accept the name and school you picked for your wizard from there on it's all a chance to get stuff to add to it.

Which is why so many rpg games and mmorpg are close to addicting. its all about the loot and the chance to get better loots while leveling up. But what is a game like this without it?

Just that maybe think twice before leaving the game. But im in no way against it. Id cancel myself immediately if i see anything wrong with it

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Alright, cya. Wizard101 is actually just getting better and better Soon, I can just tell: The next world is going to blow our minds and make us have the most fun we can ever have.

By the way, putting in crowns for a hoard pack isn't much of gambling. And trust me, everything is gambling. You're gambling your energy to move your legs and walk and to reach the destination safely, you're gambling your car and sometimes your life when you drive to work/school, everything is gambling, so don't complain about it.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
Alright, cya. Wizard101 is actually just getting better and better Soon, I can just tell: The next world is going to blow our minds and make us have the most fun we can ever have.

By the way, putting in crowns for a hoard pack isn't much of gambling. And trust me, everything is gambling. You're gambling your energy to move your legs and walk and to reach the destination safely, you're gambling your car and sometimes your life when you drive to work/school, everything is gambling, so don't complain about it.

I am sry if my opinion was a tough pill to swallow but if you want to label my feedback a whiny complaint then thats you i guess this is a forum and whether its a negative or positive feedback of the game everyone has that right to express their feelings about it. This is a post explaining my experience of the game and for me it wasnt very pleasant since you failed to comprehend that. sry if you felt that the very small example in my conclusion which was the hoard packs was the focus of this post. and as i said they have the right to the profit, i could care less about the hoard packs. you either do it or you dont. i have brought some of the hoard packs and got some of the good prizes but its still a gamble for me. and i will leave it at that.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Sarahnimo wrote:
brwac wrote:

Games are supposed to be time pits anyway. I don't know what is wrong with crafting. It is time consuming but i enjoy looking for reagents in the bazaar if not farming for it like the golden pearls, scrap iron, following recipes for hard to get TC cards. But in the bazaar menu, I like clicking ever so quickly the refresh button when hunting for sought after reagents, buying one item or if lucky 20 at once? I even consider it as my away time from all the battles. Almost like being in an auction house scrapping for rare items.

Gardening however is a one time deal for me now. get one wizard into grandmaster and that's it. I never planted a seed anymore. Its biggest farce is eating the training points in a day that is better spent on training pets.

Pets you say? i think pets are game changing factors. you don't have defy, proof, pain giver, spritely, etc. on them, I consider it as weakness on the wizard. Gears, rings, athames, amulets can only go so far. Pets talents seal a wizards completeness for me. This i'm afraid is a necessary time pit.

This doesn't include how many times you have to do water works since the crafted gear in Wintertusk is ok but not all is best

I never had this problem with seeking gears in WW. Not that they are not good because they are but i prefer crafting than dealing with that very slow irritating dungeon. it is wiser in the long run to be a legendary artisan than loosing time farming for them. Crafting will always be upgrading while farming for WW gear will forever be just that.. an excessively slow time pit.

or if you want the new spells dropped rather then spend who knows how much on the pack.

I don't know what good spells are on the packs but i do prefer one very good pack for a long time now. The Raven's hoard pack. Why? they have the best wands in the game across the board and i did gain awesome ones buying only during sales and in so few packs. I found those wands so helpful stat wise that they still are better than the good wand drops we have in Avalon right now.

Which is why so many rpg games and mmorpg are close to addicting. its all about the loot and the chance to get better loots while leveling up. But what is a game like this without it?

Just that maybe think twice before leaving the game. But im in no way against it. Id cancel myself immediately if i see anything wrong with it

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Very nice debate on my comments, thank you. It does show everyone does have a different perspective on the game and we all play or don't for different reasons.

When I started the game I ran one wizard though Celestia - when I joined Celestia was in the works and completed by the time I got though DragonSpry, things back then did seem to be a little simpler, now with all the additions, worlds included it can be over whelming, that maybe my biggest problem - to many choices on which way to go with my wizard.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011

Very nice debate on my comments, thank you. It does show everyone does have a different perspective on the game and we all play or don't for different reasons.

When I started the game I ran one wizard though Celestia - when I joined Celestia was in the works and completed by the time I got though DragonSpry, things back then did seem to be a little simpler, now with all the additions, worlds included it can be over whelming, that maybe my biggest problem - to many choices on which way to go with my wizard.

Sorry if it looked like im debating, but all i wanted to say is exactly what you said... Try looking at things in a different way. Yes there are many choices but it's better that way so you don't get bored easily.

In a different note, doing mirror lake all the time just to get pixie stix is unbearable sometimes if not for the random pet drops and crown gears. It's a nice way to earn cash too. But i hope there is another one like it in Avalon where a change of scenery is most welcome.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Sarahnimo wrote:

Sorry if it looked like im debating, but all i wanted to say is exactly what you said... Try looking at things in a different way. Yes there are many choices but it's better that way so you don't get bored easily.

In a different note, doing mirror lake all the time just to get pixie stix is unbearable sometimes if not for the random pet drops and crown gears. It's a nice way to earn cash too. But i hope there is another one like it in Avalon where a change of scenery is most welcome.

I thought your comment was very good actually. You made statements and did not belittle mine - all is good.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Well, in the future, please Paragraph. I don't agree with what you said. But quitting is your choice. I just don't see why so many people who quit write lengthy posts about it.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
Well, in the future, please Paragraph. I don't agree with what you said. But quitting is your choice. I just don't see why so many people who quit write lengthy posts about it.

sry the biggest issue for you on this post was that it lacked paragraphs, wasnt focus about putting paragraphs in my post when i am so frustrated and angry. Just saying.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Although I seldom take part in message board "discussions" these days (my reasons are probably known to people who have posted here regularly during the last year, so I won't go into them), I wanted to weigh in on this poster's--I guess you'd call it "game malaise," or overall frustration with some aspects of the game that have become more in evidence in the last year. I am referring to the "game of chance" that is the core of the gameplay experience. I am not going to argue about what "gambling" is, or if this is gambling--that's a moral question and it doesn't interest me. What I mean is, too many things rely on an increasingly slight statistical probability, otherwise known as "being lucky."

Example: my son had been losing interest in the game, until the tag game came out. He loved this game, and started playing more when it was in test. Then it was released in a Hoard Pack. Normally we don't buy those, but he really wanted the game. And wasted over 20.00 of his hard-earned allowance on nothing but furniture items he couldn't even sell, for the most part (many of them can be sold now, I realize). So then he decided to craft it. He was a Master Artisan, and painstakingly leveled up to Legendary. It took a month, at least. And now he realizes that a key ingredient of the game recipe, Amber, is almost never dropped from plants. And because I don't allow him to play every day, I have to take care of the garden he's been growing just to get a reagent that seems as rare as phoenix feathers! I have gotten one Amber from his garden in a month. One. And yes, I know which plants supposedly drop it. But they don't. So, no tag game. He's playing LOTRO these days, having given up here.

For me, it's been fun being in Avalon, until I realized that none of the gear drops are auctionable past Caer Lyon. And everything you can buy there (plant spells, etc) is like 100,000 gold. But I have very little, because I am not getting anything sellable. The bosses are harder, and the drops are lamer. I have been framing in WT instead, but that leaves no time for Avalon. Right now I am trying to help people on Central get a Dread Grimoire--after much work I got a "perfect" pet. After I get everyone on my list a book pet, I may retire from the game as well. I guess I'm tired of wondering if I'm going to be "lucky" today.

As I said, I seldom post in discussions here anymore. And I'd appreciate it if this post--honestly expressed and malice-free--didn't attract any trollish responses. I'm just sharing my recent experience of a game I used to love. Not sure how I feel about it just now.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
Although I seldom take part in message board "discussions" these days (my reasons are probably known to people who have posted here regularly during the last year, so I won't go into them), I wanted to weigh in on this poster's--I guess you'd call it "game malaise," or overall frustration with some aspects of the game that have become more in evidence in the last year. I am referring to the "game of chance" that is the core of the gameplay experience. I am not going to argue about what "gambling" is, or if this is gambling--that's a moral question and it doesn't interest me. What I mean is, too many things rely on an increasingly slight statistical probability, otherwise known as "being lucky."

Example: my son had been losing interest in the game, until the tag game came out. He loved this game, and started playing more when it was in test. Then it was released in a Hoard Pack. Normally we don't buy those, but he really wanted the game. And wasted over 20.00 of his hard-earned allowance on nothing but furniture items he couldn't even sell, for the most part (many of them can be sold now, I realize). So then he decided to craft it. He was a Master Artisan, and painstakingly leveled up to Legendary. It took a month, at least. And now he realizes that a key ingredient of the game recipe, Amber, is almost never dropped from plants. And because I don't allow him to play every day, I have to take care of the garden he's been growing just to get a reagent that seems as rare as phoenix feathers! I have gotten one Amber from his garden in a month. One. And yes, I know which plants supposedly drop it. But they don't. So, no tag game. He's playing LOTRO these days, having given up here.

For me, it's been fun being in Avalon, until I realized that none of the gear drops are auctionable past Caer Lyon. And everything you can buy there (plant spells, etc) is like 100,000 gold. But I have very little, because I am not getting anything sellable. The bosses are harder, and the drops are lamer. I have been framing in WT instead, but that leaves no time for Avalon. Right now I am trying to help people on Central get a Dread Grimoire--after much work I got a "perfect" pet. After I get everyone on my list a book pet, I may retire from the game as well. I guess I'm tired of wondering if I'm going to be "lucky" today.

As I said, I seldom post in discussions here anymore. And I'd appreciate it if this post--honestly expressed and malice-free--didn't attract any trollish responses. I'm just sharing my recent experience of a game I used to love. Not sure how I feel about it just now.

I dont look for agreement but understanding whenever i post anything. and i am glad someone sees the point i was getting across. The game of chance was my biggest issue with this game its far to much hassle and complication for something so simple.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Namine704,

The one thing that hit me in your post was this one line,

"There is more frustration than fun in this game and i been disappointed for the last time."

I started with this game with my younger brother and six friends from school back in early 2010. My brother seldom plays the game now, and five of my fix friends have left the game. Each one has had the exact same feelings that you state in that line. Mason, my last friend, is quitting the game the 2nd of August, and I will most likely quit then too. His reason is, the frustration of how they have changed the game to all chance, has killed the fun.

Even though PVP 1v1 is my last bit of fun in the game, Avalon has just drained the fun of it for me.

So, I am in the same boat with almost all of what you say, and will very sadly leave the game in early August.

Joe.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
Namine704,

"There is more frustration than fun in this game and i been disappointed for the last time."

I started with this game with my younger brother and six friends from school back in early 2010. My brother seldom plays the game now, and five of my fix friends have left the game. Each one has had the exact same feelings that you state in that line. Mason, my last friend, is quitting the game the 2nd of August, and I will most likely quit then too. His reason is, the frustration of how they have changed the game to all chance, has killed the fun.

Even though PVP 1v1 is my last bit of fun in the game, Avalon has just drained the fun of it for me.

So, I am in the same boat with almost all of what you say, and will very sadly leave the game in early August.

Joe.

I am glad to see someone else who shares my frustration. I only feel the game will get worse from this point forward. For me this was a good game for all it was worth, but this was my breaking point. Dare to be different is what i always say but the way they are approaching the rpg genre isnt working for me.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Namine704 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Namine704,

Joe.

I am glad to see someone else who shares my frustration. I only feel the game will get worse from this point forward. For me this was a good game for all it was worth, but this was my breaking point. Dare to be different is what i always say but the way they are approaching the rpg genre isnt working for me.

Well cya. This game is very interesting and i don't see why you are frustrated. I mean you deleted your balance and say you don't wanna do another wizard? Well death in my opinion is very cool. If you don't want to don't use sacrifice or those spells you hate. Use satyr instead. And for the accuracy? Well everyone has at least fizzled once and the the storm has low accuracy. thats why KI gave them accuracy in waterworks gear. But then again, you are complaining about the waterworks too so just don't use that i bet there are a lot of gears that give you accuracy. Waterworks gear are RARE and not meant to be given in the first try. ( Took me 3 tries to get my fire starter) And when KI makes the world for the final morganthe show down, which i 99 % think will have cheat, we will be having a lot of fun.
And i will bet ya that if there is cheat then there will be a lot of complains. This game is made for challenges. If you can't face those challenges, well then don't play.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
danashflame1230 wrote:
Namine704 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Namine704,

Joe.

Well cya. This game is very interesting and i don't see why you are frustrated. I mean you deleted your balance and say you don't wanna do another wizard? Well death in my opinion is very cool. If you don't want to don't use sacrifice or those spells you hate. Use satyr instead. And for the accuracy? Well everyone has at least fizzled once and the the storm has low accuracy. thats why KI gave them accuracy in waterworks gear. But then again, you are complaining about the waterworks too so just don't use that i bet there are a lot of gears that give you accuracy. Waterworks gear are RARE and not meant to be given in the first try. ( Took me 3 tries to get my fire starter) And when KI makes the world for the final morganthe show down, which i 99 % think will have cheat, we will be having a lot of fun.
And i will bet ya that if there is cheat then there will be a lot of complains. This game is made for challenges. If you can't face those challenges, well then don't play.

ok not to sure what you picked up in my post i never specify a complaint about waterworks or accuracy. and if you cant understand my frustration its because you arent keeping an open mind about opinions other than your own or your accepting the opinions of others that are mutual to yours . i have respect for the players and the fans who love this game, but this is my experience of the game and just because its not positive feedback about the game doesnt mean its a complaint. If you like the game cool but this is a game i have been involved in for a long time and the spark of interest in the game is fading. This game is indeed made for challenges but challenges accepted insure some form or progress or success, the challenges in this game doesnt ensure neither progress or success. If it did then players wouldnt be stuck at base one longer than necessary.