Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lost connection!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Why is it that when I am playing, all ofa sudden a message appears on the screen saying " lost connection" then another one saying, "invalid user name or password. It is so annoying. you can be in the middle of fighting a boss and get disconnected from the game. How can it be invalid user name or password when I am in there and can easily log back it!??

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
westernprincess wrote:
Why is it that when I am playing, all ofa sudden a message appears on the screen saying " lost connection" then another one saying, "invalid user name or password. It is so annoying. you can be in the middle of fighting a boss and get disconnected from the game. How can it be invalid user name or password when I am in there and can easily log back it!??

Many of us have had this happen at one time of another. It could be any number of reasons.

You may want to run a cleaner on your computer: ie CCleaner (there is a free version of this cleaner) to clean up cached files and also run defrag. Possibly update some drivers. Otherwise I would suggest contacting support.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
This same person has been running around recommending that people download a free cleaner. This should set off warning bells all over the place. It is very unlikely that a system that has been running Wizard101 successfully for many years will suddenly become inadequate unless there is something wrong with the software patches from Kingsisle, in which case KI should be investigating. You are investigating, right?

Anyway, be very wary of free utilities, whose sole purpose may be to infect your system with malware. Most modern versions of Windows defrag automatically, and rarely require a manual disk defrag. I'm sure there's always a theoretical possibility that this person is right, but it is IMHO a long shot.

Contact support first.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
DaddyMichael wrote:
It is very unlikely that a system that has been running Wizard101 successfully for many years will suddenly become inadequate unless there is something wrong with the software patches from Kingsisle, in which case KI should be investigating. You are investigating, right?

Just because someone has been running Wizard101 successfully many years, doesn't automatically mean it is on KI's end. In fact, the longer the same computer has been running, the greater the chances glitches or problems can occur on the user end (outdated system files necessary to play Wizard101 correctly). The scenario above does sound like it is on the user's end (sounds like internet or firewall problems, but see below). Unless everyone is getting logged out and prompted with username and password, it's probably not on KI's end.

DaddyMichael wrote:
Contact support first.

Agreed. First and foremost do this, then execute recommended KI support actions.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2010
Hey I lose connection and it says that when i am mostly in one area for like few hours then i port out then says that

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DaddyMichael wrote:
This same person has been running around recommending that people download a free cleaner. This should set off warning bells all over the place. It is very unlikely that a system that has been running Wizard101 successfully for many years will suddenly become inadequate unless there is something wrong with the software patches from Kingsisle, in which case KI should be investigating. You are investigating, right?

Anyway, be very wary of free utilities, whose sole purpose may be to infect your system with malware. Most modern versions of Windows defrag automatically, and rarely require a manual disk defrag. I'm sure there's always a theoretical possibility that this person is right, but it is IMHO a long shot.

Contact support first.

The cleaner I use was at the reccommendation of a licenced computer repair service. I was also told at the same time that I could use either the free version or purchase the full version. I chose the free and it works quite well to clean up cache.

As Kingurz stated, not everything that happens is on KIs end. Many times it is on the user end and KI can't do anything about that.

By all means, one should contact support, but as has already been said, if it is on the user end, they need to fix it on their end. KI can't do that for them.