Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

3 Dog Knoght

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
While my friend and I finished defeating the Jabberwok, I noticed the little joke about the Les Paul. (Les Paul made and played some of the most famous guitars in the world. Wonderful! THEN this evening while we were fighting the balance minions with the ice boss (The Unsung Hero) I noticed that the balance minions were called "Dog Knights" And there are three of them. Three Dog Night for you younger folks is the name of a 70's band. Brilliant, simply brilliant. Just a pat on the back for the developer with the subtle sense of humor. Made being defeated by Morganthe bearable. :D

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
BlaqueOrchid wrote:
While my friend and I finished defeating the Jabberwok, I noticed the little joke about the Les Paul. (Les Paul made and played some of the most famous guitars in the world. Wonderful! THEN this evening while we were fighting the balance minions with the ice boss (The Unsung Hero) I noticed that the balance minions were called "Dog Knights" And there are three of them. Three Dog Night for you younger folks is the name of a 70's band. Brilliant, simply brilliant. Just a pat on the back for the developer with the subtle sense of humor. Made being defeated by Morganthe bearable. :D

Actually, pay a little closer attention to the characters, quests, and conversations in Avalon. This realm is absolutely packed with references to Monty Python, Led Zeppelin, and countless other classic rock references. I particularly enjoyed the Monty Python bits: Holy Hand Grenade, Black Knight, and Roger the Shrubber just off the top of my head. KI has always had their classic references (every single Zeke quest is named after a rock band, many of them classic rock), but they've really outdone themselves this time.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I agree :)

I find myself laughing my way through Avalon. Every time I visit Page Jimmy, I snicker in delight. The Greater Paul and the Lesser Paul allusion makes me giggle. The references to the Beatles and their music are groovy.The Holy Grail jokes serve as subtext to the entire story line. I ROFL every time I encounter a hint. Shrubbery!!!!! I'm fond of the Boxwood trees, too, speaking of shrubbery.

My personal favorite joke in Avalon (so far) is part of the Jabberwock instance. I love that the narrator quotes Lewis Caroll's "Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There" in the story. Clever, clever. Thanks, KI writer, for the reference to a literary gem.

I have a list of the Easter Eggs in Avalon that I started in beta. I'll try to find it.

Cya on Abbey Road,

Qbb

Survivor
Mar 27, 2011
Pffft the Monty Python jokes were crazy all over the place. Brave Sir Robin bravely ran away? And his minstrel, Innes Idle? Come to think of it, I believe many of Monty Python surnames were in there. Gilliam and Idle for sure.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Don't forget the references to the Knights of Neh (just HOW do you spell it anyway?). Plus, some of the hats resemble the same ones those knights wore in the Holy Grail.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
I'm so glad to see I'm not the only "oldie but goodie" playing this game. I've noticed alot of references to "my" era of classic rock and fam folk. I'm assuming Avalon's tech team must have an "oldie" as an inspirator (not to be confused with a device that blows hot air)

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
lol i think that with all this they should make a monty python mount

you are riding a guy who looks like monty python while he runs and claps together coconuts

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
OMG (as my Gdaughter would say) you all are quite funny, especially the comment on the Monty Python mount.....I just about came undone laughing. WOW thank you guys, you made my day (week really.)
BTW why am I still a "novice" wizard? I'm level 74...geeeeezo.