Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level based realms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
What is most annoying thing I have come across is that in higher level areas it seems they are abandoned (Wintertusk & Celestia). I can see maximum of 10 people per area, and often I run ALONE around. Even if I am playing on FULL realm, while low level areas are crowded with people. It is to benefit you and everyone really. There is nothing more frustrating when you are stuck at a boss and none of your friends are able to come, and none is around either. It just makes me want to log off and leave.

Even if it would not be enforced thing, just set suggested realms for level range or area, like "Ambrose (1-10 or Wizard City)", "Blossom (40-50 or Dragonspyre)", etc. That way the people who are around same area can be on same realm and have fun, instead of being frustrated for hours end because boss keeps defeating you and there is none to be seen in miles.

Thx.

Survivor
May 11, 2010
Love that idea like in zafaria i need help on this boss but no one is in my realm and i even switch realms the finnaly i see a guy try to friend him but it goes sorry he is busy :P

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
EvilSlime wrote:
What is most annoying thing I have come across is that in higher level areas it seems they are abandoned (Wintertusk & Celestia). I can see maximum of 10 people per area, and often I run ALONE around. Even if I am playing on FULL realm, while low level areas are crowded with people. It is to benefit you and everyone really. There is nothing more frustrating when you are stuck at a boss and none of your friends are able to come, and none is around either. It just makes me want to log off and leave.

Even if it would not be enforced thing, just set suggested realms for level range or area, like "Ambrose (1-10 or Wizard City)", "Blossom (40-50 or Dragonspyre)", etc. That way the people who are around same area can be on same realm and have fun, instead of being frustrated for hours end because boss keeps defeating you and there is none to be seen in miles.

Thx.

Great idea.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
First off, this would never be enforced.

Second, if the realm you are in is full and you need or want a friend to port and help you, the best thing to do is move to a normal of perfect realm.

But there are many reasons that something like this will not be enforced.

There are a lot of social groups on Wizard101 Central, that use different realms for get togethers and various other activities in game.

There are some Players that are using older computers and for them to run in full or even crowded realms is a little hard. Many will freeze or experience excess lag in the game and especially if they are trying to pass a battle already in progress and could cause them to be pulled into that battle.

Players will play in whatever realm works best for them. Yes, I have run in areas that are virtually abandoned and frankly, I prefer it that way.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Thx you two. Also this is not that hard to do for KingsIsle to do. Just need to rename the realms, or add small follow sub text. Shame no admins have not answered. :P

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Something similar has been posted before... with adult only realms. To change the way this is set up would require reconfiguration of servers and a lot more coding than it's worth.

I have very rarely found a realm empty. If you wait around, or wandering around long enough, you will find others. And I've also found that in the higher level worlds people are more than willing to help.

Normally I play solo and love the quieter realms, but even in those realms, I've never had a problem getting help if I need it.