Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

whats up with lvl 78 pets?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
My friends and I just got our lvl 78 pets. we are leveling them up and all we are all getting is pet derby talents or worse. Our level 58 pets are much better, what a disapointment! Do we really need more mana or more intelect? Really? We would rather have talents that help you in battle. What do other people think? there are already 4 slots for pet derby. I level it up and instead of getting one talent and 1 derby talent, I get 2 derby talents. We would rather have spritley, more life, more accuracy, more hitting power, throw a trap, a blade a shield, something useful. More mana? I think 400 to 600 mana is plenty. Maybe even piercing. :( My new pets will be cruising around at the home cause it isnt worth taking it into battle. its to bad cause they do look really cool.

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
I agree that as we advance to higher levels, our pets should have higher level talents. The only problem I see is that then through hatching, lower level wizards would have access to those spells and talents. It would especially be a problem with pvp. Maybe if level restrictions were put on all school pets and their hybrids that would be a solution. Just a thought.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
on my 3rd basilisk and all its getting is target crafty and tenacious on all of them

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Agree 100%...I mean, lvl 78 and you get a pet with lvl 54 pedigree?!?!?! I have a pet at pedigree 77! And the lvl 58 pets have like 58 pedigree. This is just sad...

Defender
May 15, 2010
Yeah, I hate the all new awesome talents. They give more health and mana, more damage and defense. They are just better versions of the older pets. Stop complaining, it stinks, I know. Geez.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I see the new pets as empty shells where you can put in great talents by hatching good old pets with it. nothing more.

But i got more distracted with the wolfhound than my triton

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
i agree we should get better pets. maybe we should get pets with very rare talents like spell proof because at least you will have a chance of getting it instead of mana giver and health bounty. we thought these pets would be way better than our level 58 pets. our level 58 pets gave us spritely and boosts in battle. the new pets disappointed me.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
raquel1098 wrote:
My friends and I just got our lvl 78 pets. we are leveling them up and all we are all getting is pet derby talents or worse. Our level 58 pets are much better, what a disapointment! Do we really need more mana or more intelect? Really? We would rather have talents that help you in battle. What do other people think? there are already 4 slots for pet derby. I level it up and instead of getting one talent and 1 derby talent, I get 2 derby talents. We would rather have spritley, more life, more accuracy, more hitting power, throw a trap, a blade a shield, something useful. More mana? I think 400 to 600 mana is plenty. Maybe even piercing. :( My new pets will be cruising around at the home cause it isnt worth taking it into battle. its to bad cause they do look really cool.
i agree with you but also i think pets should be a bit easier to level up and cheaper to hatch

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Well i basically hatched my efreet pet with someoe's pet that has sprite unicorn fire blade and tower shield. ( he was my friend so he agreed) i got an efreet again. when it reached epic it had spritely, unicorn, fire blade, and pierce. ( Mega snacks helped) so yeah. :) it helps in batle a lot

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Defender
Mar 11, 2011
Hi, everyone (including me ) has been complaining about lvl 78 pets. I have come up with a new set of talents for lvl 78 pets I hope you enjoy the talents.

Skeletal Drake New talents : Health Bounty, Spritely, Plagued( may cast plague spell) Spell Defy, Death Bringer, Death Blade, Death Trap, Infector, Speared( gives 1-10% pierce rating, Death Shield.

New storm pet : Sirens. Talents : Storm Bringer, Speared, Storm Blade, Storm Trap, Disarment, Spritely, Spell Defy, Stormed( may cast windstorm spell), Health Bounty, Storm Sniper.

Basilisk New Talents: Pierce Monger, Myth Bringer, Spell Defy, Myth Blade, Broken( may cast Shatter), Speared, Myth Shield, Spritely, Health Bounty, Myth Sniper.

Wolly Mammath New talents: Tower Shield(may cast), Ice Blade, Ice Trap, Snowed(may cast snow drift) Spell Proof, Health Bounty, Ice Bringer, Ice Sniper, Spritely, Frozen Armor( gives one Frozen Armor card 185 absorb per pip).

New life pet: Centaur. Talents: Life Bringer, Life Sniper, Armored( may cast spirit armor but does 700 absorb), Spritely , Heartful( gives 5-15% incoming healing), Spell Defy, Life Blade, Life Trap, Hearted( gives 1-10% outgoing heals), Guided( gives one 40% Guiding Light card).

Chimera New talents: Spirited( may cast Spirit Blade), Spirit Bringer( gives 2-9 death, myth ,life damage), Spell Defy, Balance Blade(may cast), Spritely, Spirit Shield( may cast Spirit Shield) Elemental Shield( may cast Elemental Shield, Spirit Defuse( gives 1-2 Spirit Defuse cards),
Elemental Defuse( gives 1-2 Elemental Defuse cards), Balance Sniper.

Efreet New Talents: Fueled( may cast Fuel), Fire Bringer, Fire Sniper, Fire Trap, Fire Blade, Spell Defy, Stolen( gives 1-3 Steal Charm cards,
Smoke Screen, Spritely, Screen(gives 1-3 Smoke Screen cards.

New crown pet: Astral Owl. Talents: Spell Proof, Spell Defy, Spritely, Sun Shield(may cast Sun Shield spell) Moon Shield( may cast Moon Shield Spell),
Infallable,Vengance,Collasal, Unicorn, Tower Shield(may cast).
Pedigree:80
Must be Level 78 or up to equip.
Dropped by: Lady of the Blue Dahilia, White and Black Dragon.
Cost:12,000 Crowns or 120,000 Gold

ALL level 78 pets are School Restricted and must be level 78 and up to equip.
ALL level 78 pets are 68 Pedigree and give a Collosal card of their type.( Example: Bone Dragon Gives a Collosal Bone Dragon card.

I hope everyone has a good day and likes the new pets, talents and please feel free to give it comments. :-D

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
thewiz28 wrote:
Hi, everyone (including me ) has been complaining about lvl 78 pets. I have come up with a new set of talents for lvl 78 pets I hope you enjoy the talents.

Skeletal Drake New talents : Health Bounty, Spritely, Plagued( may cast plague spell) Spell Defy, Death Giver, Death Blade, Death Trap, Infector, Speared( gives 1-10% pierce rating, Death Shield.

New storm pet : Sirens. Talents : Storm Giver, Speared, Storm Blade, Pip O' Plenty, Disarment, Spritely, Spell Defy, Stormed( may cast windstorm spell), Health Bounty, Storm Sniper.

Basilisk New Talents: Pierce Monger, Myth Giver, Spell Defy, Myth Blade, Broken( may cast Shatter), Speared, Myth Shield, Spritely, Health Bounty, Myth Sniper.

I will post the rest of the pets later because I have to think of some new talents.

Take out pip o plenty on sirens, then it would be perfect.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
thewiz28 wrote:

Skeletal Drake New talents : Health Bounty, Spritely, Plagued( may cast plague spell) Spell Defy, Death Giver, Death Blade, Death Trap, Infector, Speared( gives 1-10% pierce rating, Death Shield.

New storm pet : Sirens. Talents : Storm Giver, Speared, Storm Blade, Pip O' Plenty, Disarment, Spritely, Spell Defy, Stormed( may cast windstorm spell), Health Bounty, Storm Sniper.

Basilisk New Talents: Pierce Monger, Myth Giver, Spell Defy, Myth Blade, Broken( may cast Shatter), Speared, Myth Shield, Spritely, Health Bounty, Myth Sniper.

I will post the rest of the pets later because I have to think of some new talents.
I love your idea! Especially the part that says the all can get spritely, I love that talent!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
What i did was find a hybrid of the lvl 78 pets hatched with one with good talents and i had good talents and use that :) :) :-)

Survivor
May 26, 2012
I was very mad when i got my lvl 78 pet. I knew this pet would be bad from the pet rank. The lvl 58 pet was way better than the lvl 78 pet i thought the higher the lvl the better the items. With pets i guess its in reverse something needs to be done about this :x :x :x