Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does death have to be bad?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I'm a level 80 death, and honestly, I think its bad. Its weak, cant attack fast, only has 1 aoe attack(Scarecrow) and when i charm a spell with collosus which adds 275 that has just a damage, not a 500-700 or what ever, It only adds 175. For example, Wraith says 500 and when i charm it with 275 it says 675, Or scarecrow, It says 400 when i enchant it, it says 575. I think death should have more aoe attacks, like Poison should be an aoe, or Skeletal Dragon or something and be a little stronger. Life is stronger then death, but i think death should be stronger then life.

Thanks for reading
~80 Death

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
I think death has not-very-damaging attacks because they attack and then heal themselves. But yeah, I agree on the AOE spell part. I think Katz monster should be AOE at the least.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
OH how dare you! IF you ever considered how many spell buffs death has and how to use them you wouldn't be saying this. Plus, almost every single time death attacks, we gain health. So death can potentially last longer than Ice. IF you think it's weak then maybe death is just not for you.

Sincerely Jeffrey Spirithunter
lvl 72 necromancer
"If greed's a sin, Death is a saint..."

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
If you think Death is weak or "bad" you simply aren't doing it right. At all. You have two traps, the blade, feint, can get the balance traps/blades. Now combine them all together. That is NOT weak in any way shape or form.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
abaca2 wrote:
I'm a level 80 death, and honestly, I think its bad. Its weak, cant attack fast, only has 1 aoe attack(Scarecrow) and when i charm a spell with collosus which adds 275 that has just a damage, not a 500-700 or what ever, It only adds 175. For example, Wraith says 500 and when i charm it with 275 it says 675, Or scarecrow, It says 400 when i enchant it, it says 575. I think death should have more aoe attacks, like Poison should be an aoe, or Skeletal Dragon or something and be a little stronger. Life is stronger then death, but i think death should be stronger then life.

Thanks for reading
~80 Death

abaca2,

I kmow what your saying, and Avalon didn't help a bit, like it did Fire and Life.
The only way that Wraith and Vampire have any real power is when you decided to blend it in with Feint, and then add Doom and Gloom in PvP.

Posion on Colossal can do some damage on it's own, and I only really use it to take off shields and do damage at the same time.

On the other hand, a Double bladed Skeleton dragon on Colossal has plenty of Power on its own. Add a back to back set of Skeleton Dragon, with blades, and then you got Power. Just make sure to get your Gear boost up to 60 plus. Try it some time, and see what you think.

Joe.
Joseph Lionhunter, Ice, Balance, Death, Myth, and Storm, all level 70+, (Life hasn't hit 60 yet).

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
OH! Sorry messed up! I meant like Why is it so weak, And we only have 5 spells that heal us(Not including sacrifice) Like life should be weaker then death or something, And Poison or Monster should be an AOE. Its not bad, Honestly i think its one of the best, i just think it needs more damage.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I'm sick of people saying "oh you're not using it right". No you are Wrong.. Death people that play only death do know how to play it right.. The problem is the spells and gear we keep getting with the updates, not how we play.

In game death is fine
PVP death is not fine

Example- our spells dragon and poison great spells
with life's triage- they aren't worth anything!!
Our half heal spells aren't worth anything when ice school and everyone has huge resist now-
Oh and how about good old Frank. - While Efreet gets a -90 on a lower spell, and Life Gnome gets 2 life dispels I would think that Frank could do a little better than a -25% infection.. I have 0 pip infections I can use- no thanks.

So to the people that say "Oh, you're not playing it right" wrong.. I have 1 main charcter and it's death, I am an adult who is very educated, and I have played this character hardcore since the game first came out- So I do know how to use it.

I try to take people's advice when they say death is fine but really it is not.. I can go through the game part fine. & death works okay but when there is no quests to do PVP is the answer-

Death and PVP is so unfair it's shameful.. & I'm a warlord- so it's not that I am complaining about rank-

Don't use bad juju it stinks- can be wanded off and does damage
Mass infection????? No thanks, Does me no good in 1v1.. But life gets a spell where they can heal forever?? I don't get it at all.