Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Time Limits, we need them.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Mana Burn is under evaluation, and based on the reply
from the Ice professor, I expect it to be changed.
That will be a step in the right direction, but
we are seeing no response on the new live forever
Guardian Life spell.

This has been brought up before, but I really
think that we need to revisit PVP Time limits.
Now a life can just turtle forever, and this
could just ruin the Arena. I have no problem
with a 2 hour match, no problem if it goes a bit over
2 hours, but that gets close to the limit of my attention
span.

Putting up a Time Limit will force Wizards to
go into the Arena with intentions of winning.

If you get stuck in a fight where neither Wizard
can win, the time limit will end the battle.
No one will lose points or gain points, and
no one has to flee.

If you get stuck in a battle with a person that
just tries to Turtle the entire match, they get
no points, you get no points, and neither has to flee.

Looking for opinions, of why or why not this would work.

Thanks,
Joe.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
This is probably the best solution since it doesn't involve nerfing the move in any way I'm fine with it but to be honest none of my guardian spirit matches have lasted over 45 minutes.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
This is probably the best solution since it doesn't involve nerfing the move in any way I'm fine with it but to be honest none of my guardian spirit matches have lasted over 45 minutes.

TheDarkestMask,

I would have to wonder if the short matches, are based on your skill level.

A lot of my matches have been between 45 minutes to 1.5 hours.
Once they hit the 2 hour mark, it's almost a stalemate in most battles.
They you just have to wait for one to get the correct setup of cards, while the other has the wrong ones. So, having a 2 hour time limit, may help in a number of ways.

Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:

TheDarkestMask,

They you just have to wait for one to get the correct setup of cards, while the other has the wrong ones. So, having a 2 hour time limit, may help in a number of ways. So, I think that the wizards should be able to select a time limit starting from 1 hour and up. Long matches seem to be really fun though

Joe.

I've been in a 6 and a half hour long 4v4 with my bad deck on, and then after a while, it ended up as a 2v2. This was before Guardian Spirit, but everyone was having fun. Nobody needed a time limit, we were all doing the best we can, and we could have gone forever (Thanks to the Sanctuary) This was how the teams were:
Life and Balance vs. Balance and Ice. The match was really even, but we did have to go afk a whole lot.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
Just put down balance dispels and wait until people run out of cards, the most reshuffles i have seen used in one match was seven. Besides pvp is partially a mental challenge, the longer you play the more you have to think. Which i feel is better than just arbitrarily clicking on card and hoping for the best.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:

TheDarkestMask,

They you just have to wait for one to get the correct setup of cards, while the other has the wrong ones. So, having a 2 hour time limit, may help in a number of ways.

Joe.

Eh might be I'm not against the 2 hour time limit at all go for it, but then warlord matches which usually take extremely long no matter what school you are will end up in draws.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
My solution to this would be a secondary PvP bubble. It would be completely separate from school bubbles. It would automatically engage after a half hour, and the effect would be something like a 10% attack boost to all spells. Every twenty minutes to half hour the PvP bubble would increase all attack spells by another 10%. So after an hour maybe the PvP bubble is boosting all attacks by 30%. The longer the game goes, the higher the attack boost given by the PvP bubble. This should prevent the unbearable 4 hour marathon matches that some of us have experienced with in the past.

My two cents....

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Personally I think that should be put in as a option since I know people will oppose it. I have wanted pvp time limits for a long time now I find going past and hour and thirty minutes to be too much for one match. Usually for me either I won or lost by that point. This would be a great way from keeping people who just turtle like you said.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Sure it could work, it just can't bring anybody down by any certain way. I like how nobody loses, nobody gains.

Maybe raise it to 3 hours? My matches are usually 2 and a half.

@jackflame

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
The best time limit I can think of for these matches is to allow mana to cost something in arena just like in PvE. If a defensive super healer likes to play turtle, at times they will have to spend pips, and since pips go with mana, its best if mana would cost you something in arena. This would be the best time limit and can force a stop to crazy long fights unless two players are just passing every single turn...

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
lilycat1111 wrote:

Just put down balance dispels and wait until people run out of cards, the most reshuffles i have seen used in one match was seven.

A dispelled card is treated just like a regular fizzle, in that it will reappear back into their deck. The only difference, is that a dispel will cost them their pips.
Its not that your opponent actually had 7 reshuffles, it just kept reappearing back into their deck. You cant use dispels to remove a player's card. You can only delay them.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Im a transcended Life wizard and i support this also kinda.. i see what your saying but thats the rules though. Kigsisle already made it to that potential where life could heal when ever or stall. But ine thing i hate is the high amounts of resists and health on ice wizards. Gets my mad when i fight one in pvp like one battle. 5,349 health and 54 resist..... -_-" over doing it much. Im a commander right now and this stuff diesnt m :? ake sense...