Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My review

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
So i just finished avalon on my death last night, soloed this dungeon and cant say i feel very proud and i feel i have wasted my time with this game enough. The biggest by far reason i am not very proud is because i cant customize my wizard the way i trully want to when it comes to stats. This ties in with getting my pet with the talents that i want now out of random and not know what my pet even has and the fact that we are provided with such inefficient gear. the lvl 78 gear wasnt even close to intriguing. we need every attribute and for some reason KI feels the need to take away an attribute for adding another. This doesnt make any sense.The crafting gear and the gear overall doesnt benefit. i mean its like they just didnt even try to put forth any effort. i wonder about the crafting sometimes, look at the reagents for example i am trying to get my lvl 78 legendary crafters badge. and its insane, i got 2 of the congo draws ready but i need 18 more fossils to craft the final 2 and to finish up 2 of the spirit drums i need 18 aethers. rare reagents that you rarely get and yes i know about transmuting but when you get one stone block or 2 every harvest and you need 15 for just one fossil it gets boring and draining. not to mention the tedious hoping from realm to realm to pointlessly harvest thats if no one else has already picked the area clean of the goods. even if you hit the bazaar they are already sold out by the time you click on this item. i mean is this some kind of twisted joke or test to see which people can get it and which cant? Pet training i have already mention this in another post of much of a wasted effort it is to even train pets wasting mega snacks that you grow, buy in the crown shop or even farm, wasting time and precious energy with your fingers crossed that something good would come out of it, the gold it takes to hatch out abilities or to get the pet that you want. its all chance in this game, its all trial and error and its all luck. Its like waiting for you to hit lottery or sitting in bingo hoping that the next number opens your salvation. I have been playing this game for years and at the time when your defeated malistaire at lvl 50 and grandmaster was max the times were ok i was determined to continue playing this game. Celestia came out and it was slightly better and from that point on it was disappointment. I have a lvl 80 death who is a pvp captain, a 70 myth and a 71 balance. i have tried to be patient and had hopes the game would improve but i was let down at every corner. I just cant help but feel the game is bias towards a selected few of the schools and that some of the spells are a bit overly pip examples lets look at elemental and spirit diffuse 5 pips just for 3 dispels? 5 pips for talos minion with 1000 health that doesn't critical or have a critical block but comes with weaknesses to death and storm? Plague and virulent plague if it takes one pip to put -20% weakness on all enemies why does it take triple the amount of pips to do double the effect? the same can be said for infection( 0 pip cost) and mass infection( 3 pips). I have a real true passion for rpgs i been playing them most of my life and sry to say this game insults that passion. i am quitting this game and seeking something else. I had more frustration out of this game then pleasure. It was fun while it lasted.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Namine704 wrote:
So i just finished avalon on my death last night, soloed this dungeon and cant say i feel very proud and i feel i have wasted my time with this game enough. The biggest by far reason i am not very proud is because i cant customize my wizard the way i trully want to when it comes to stats. This ties in with getting my pet with the talents that i want now out of random and not know what my pet even has and the fact that we are provided with such inefficient gear. the lvl 78 gear wasnt even close to intriguing. we need every attribute and for some reason KI feels the need to take away an attribute for adding another. This doesnt make any sense.The crafting gear and the gear overall doesnt benefit. i mean its like they just didnt even try to put forth any effort. i wonder about the crafting sometimes, look at the reagents for example i am trying to get my lvl 78 legendary crafters badge. and its insane, i got 2 of the congo draws ready but i need 18 more fossils to craft the final 2 and to finish up 2 of the spirit drums i need 18 aethers. rare reagents that you rarely get and yes i know about transmuting but when you get one stone block or 2 every harvest and you need 15 for just one fossil it gets boring and draining. not to mention the tedious hoping from realm to realm to pointlessly harvest thats if no one else has already picked the area clean of the goods. even if you hit the bazaar they are already sold out by the time you click on this item. i mean is this some kind of twisted joke or test to see which people can get it and which cant? Pet training i have already mention this in another post of much of a wasted effort it is to even train pets wasting mega snacks that you grow, buy in the crown shop or even farm, wasting time and precious energy with your fingers crossed that something good would come out of it, the gold it takes to hatch out abilities or to get the pet that you want. its all chance in this game, its all trial and error and its all luck. Its like waiting for you to hit lottery or sitting in bingo hoping that the next number opens your salvation. I have been playing this game for years and at the time when your defeated malistaire at lvl 50 and grandmaster was max the times were ok i was determined to continue playing this game. Celestia came out and it was slightly better and from that point on it was disappointment. I have a lvl 80 death who is a pvp captain, a 70 myth and a 71 balance. i have tried to be patient and had hopes the game would improve but i was let down at every corner. I just cant help but feel the game is bias towards a selected few of the schools and that some of the spells are a bit overly pip examples lets look at elemental and spirit diffuse 5 pips just for 3 dispels? 5 pips for talos minion with 1000 health that doesn't critical or have a critical block but comes with weaknesses to death and storm? Plague and virulent plague if it takes one pip to put -20% weakness on all enemies why does it take triple the amount of pips to do double the effect? the same can be said for infection( 0 pip cost) and mass infection( 3 pips). I have a real true passion for rpgs i been playing them most of my life and sry to say this game insults that passion. i am quitting this game and seeking something else. I had more frustration out of this game then pleasure. It was fun while it lasted.

I'm going to try and break this down, so I understand what you're trying to say.

1. Pet talents are random. People have told me about ways to "guarantee" that your pet gets Spritely or Spell Proof... Just like saying that Balance wizards can control Spectral Blast, anyone who tells you that is making it up.

(If you check Wizard101 Wiki, you can look up your pet, and the page will tell you whether or not it even has the abilities you want).

2. The high-level gear is horrible- the best stuff in-game is still Waterworks gear, which you can start farming for at level 60.

3. As a Balance wizard, I don't even stack dispels in my deck anymore- they cost far too many pips to be efficient. That said, school-only dispels cost 2 pips each, meaning that 3 dispels cost 6 pips... so we're technically getting a better deal, even though 2 of the 3 dispels will usually be useless.

4. I hated the legendary artisan quest- it took me 6 months to complete, which is completely ridic. There is a line between "challenging" and "insane", and this quest definitely crossed it.

5. Re: Plague/Virulent Plague... a typical Plague is -20 to all, and -45% to all (for Virulent Plague) is more than double the effect; in fact, it's almost triple, hence why it costs 3 pips, not 2.

6. When I joined, level 60 was the cap. But, after my sorcerer (my first wizard) offed Malistaire, I was just like... "what an anticlimax". LOL. It's like, our whole purpose for doing any of this stuff is done- there's no more plot, no more villains (and Morganthe is too underdeveloped to be a viable contender, IMO). Maybe it's just me, but I'm not emotionally-invested in her character at all.

Still, I keep going... because I keep hoping that things will get better (and that KI will remember their casual players, who have been sorta neglected while they focus on the hardcore/"professional" gamers).

L.S.
archmage sorceress & shameless Drake fan-girl.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
love this thread.

Liam Shadow, Blaze FrostFlame, Brittany Rider, Joseph ShadowSword, Daniel LightStone, and Valerian Blood.
Levels 80, 60, 65, 61, 31, and 10.
Schools Ice, Fire, Storm, Death, Life, and Myth.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I'll try to break it down as well, with a few of my own added points.

(1) Pets are great to have, but they need to be able to help us with/through the game. That could mean school specific spells/generic spells/blades. It could mean better resistance across the board, better damage boosts for your school, better chance of power pips, better health, etc.

(2) Waterworks gear is still the best out there, and it's 20 levels below us level 80 wizards. The Zafaria gear wasn't even worth looking at, and the Avalon gear is virtually worthless. I like the looks of some of them, so I've 'stitched' some combos that are great. Any level gear above Waterworks is missing so much of what you need for those higher level battles. Power pip chance boost, critical, critical block, damage boost, accuracy boost, pierce, resistance, stun block, and whatever else might apply. There's no decent combination for higher level gear out there, unless you sacrifice a LOT in one or more areas to get just one thing you might want.

(3) I agree with vonawesome1, I don't use dispels at all. Not worth the pip cost. I use as few pip-required enhancements/buffs/blades/traps as possible. At the higher wizard levels, you need all the pips you can get your hands on to dispatch your enemy as soon as possible. The more you waste pips, the faster the mobs/bosses will defeat you.

(4) OMG, the Legendary Artisan quest was a nightmare. Thank goodness we can craft whatever we want once you obtain this status, because I'm not putting any of my other wizards through this.

(5) I just try to work with what I have in regards to my own school. I don't like wasting pips on other school spells (even though I have school amulets for most of them if I needed them). Using dispels/plague/doom & gloom, etc just isn't worth my time, except maybe at lower levels (say, 50 or below).

I keep playing because I love the scenery. I love exploring every nook-and-cranny, taking my time to enjoy what I see. Each world is so different.

What I'd like to see is the game to become a bit less challenging. I'm not saying it should be easy, but let us relax a bit more. Enjoy more puzzles and simple quests that don't require fighting all the time. And in regards to fighting, if you need 8 of something, then it shouldn't take you (for example), 57 Lion Fire Ravengers to get it (yes, that happened to me in Zafaria). You can only fight the same mobs over and over and over again so often before you go nuts and want to chuck the computer across the room.

Luckily, I still have fun playing. Each of my wizards are a challenge, and each of them have to use a different strategy to get through the game. Sometimes is gets a bit tedious, but overall, I try to stop and smell the roses and not rush myself.

R.D.
Archmage Sorceress
Ultimate Spaz

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Yea, some of these issues I have been ranting on about since the beginning of time (since 2008).

It seems like nothing will change. Nothing really does. Which is unfortunate. They have a near perfect game that could be perfected even more, and no, it just won't happen.

Which brings up a question of my own. The topic itself has been brought up before, but, I will ask it again.

What is the point of the bazaar if everything you get Celestia+ is "No Auction"? (Items of interest, anyway.)

So, why waste memory, and effort in upkeep and programming, for a bazaar, if you don't enable all of the EQUIPMENT (except crowns, I understand that) to be sold?

I just don't ... GET it.