Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Acorns anyone?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
So I was sniping in the bazaar the other night for aether, as it seems I can never get enough of it, and it popped up on the screen: 8 Aether.
For those who snipe for Aether, seeing more than 1 or 2 is cause for a panic attack.
In my haste to "buy more" I clicked on it and mashed the slider to the right while clicking buy. The "are you sure" screen was not even reviewed, as this can cost you the buy. I was so happy to hear the cash register sound!
Then it faded quickly.

I was the proud owner of about $40k gold in acorns.
Oops.

Be careful when sniping fellow wizards.
:)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
LOL this has happened to me a lot too. I collected Kelp in Celestia by the dozens and used transmute to get most of my aether. I also found some on my other wizards and transferred it to the shared bank.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
OMG, that's so funny. I've done that before, more than once. It wasn't Acorns, but something else (can't remember what). When I was trying to get Legendary Artisan, I was trying to snipe as much as I could from the Bazaar, as well as getting all my wizards to collect whatever they could find. Not an easy task.

I'm sure I was trying to buy Kelp or Red Mandrake (to transmute), when I did the same thing you did .... accidentally buy what you didn't need

Thanks for the chuckle. At least I know I'm not the only one ......

Survivor
May 21, 2012
I did something similar.. went to buy 16 crystal vials and somehow bought 61, it was my own fault for not double checking the " are you sure" text lol