Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

100% Resistance = Not Immune?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, I have a severe problem with the statistics page.

Here is my problem. I have a storm, Steven StormSlinger, currently he is level 77. He has many good pets. One is an Ianthine Hound with that shows Spell Proof 10, Spell Defy 5, Spritely, and Pain Giver 6.

Now, On the statistics page, it shows only 14% resistance. Okay, that is one thing, BUT, I have another pet, that is a Leopard, With Spell Proof 10, Spell Defy 5, Spritely, and Pips 5. This one, on the stats page, shows resistance as being 15.

Now, here is my problem.

I can Equip on my storm:

Eureka Coif, which has 24 storm resistance.
Pandemonium Platemail, which has 30 storm resistance.
Wraps of the Catacombs, which has 26 storm resistance.
I also equip the Heartsteel for 5 universal resistance.
Now, one pet shows 15, but shows that it is added up to 99% resistance.
The other pet, shows 15, and shows as being added up as 100% resistance.

However, neither of these pets, make storm Immune to storm spells.
Now, when I add in the Hathi's Victory Band, which adds 1 universal Resistance, both pets will now give me Storm Immunity.

I just don't understand why it would show and say 100% resistance and not be 100% resistance. KI, can you please fix this? I am losing a ton of damage boost by having to equip this ring, when I should already have 100% resistance.

Thank you.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Oh Professor Greyrose, you let me down, I expected something from you on this one! A "We will look into it" or something.

Help me KI, help me!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Oh Professor Greyrose, you let me down, I expected something from you on this one! A "We will look into it" or something.

Help me KI, help me!

Darthjt,

You need to get more sleep at night, it could help.

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
lol, nothing will help me, I have too much time on my hands. So I sit here and contemplate Wizard101 all day and dream about it at night when I sleep. Too bad they don't make Wizard101 food and drinks, then I could Eat, sleep, and drink Wizard101 all day everyday. lol

Oh well, guess I will have to submit a bug report on this, since Professor Greyrose is ignoring me. That, or she is sleeping at her desk again.

Wake up Professor, time to grade the papers!

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
There are caps to resistances. Not just wizard101, almost all MMORPGS. If you could be immune, then you would be extremely overpowered should you fight a wizard of that school (a storm in your case)

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Help me KI, help me!

Darthjt,

Joe.

Lol that would help. its because neither of your pets are really 100%
Rounded it may be 99.99999% but not 100% hope this helps

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
shadow217354 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Help me KI, help me!

Darthjt,

Joe.

Resistances are always flat out numbers, no decimals. Same with any other stat, health, and damage.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Mattcactus wrote:
There are caps to resistances. Not just wizard101, almost all MMORPGS. If you could be immune, then you would be extremely overpowered should you fight a wizard of that school (a storm in your case)

Actually, I can be Storm Immune, if I use the Hathi ring, which is what I stated.

Apparently, shadow is absolutely correct, unless your pet has 250 Strength, 250 Agility, and 250 Power, you wont have 10 spell proof and 5 Spell Defy, you will only have 14 resistance, no matter what is being displayed.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
Pet talents that add to stats are not actually whole numbers. If you have less than 250 in the relevant stats, you will not have reached the full value for what the talent can provide.

Your proof could be 9.6, which would make your defy 4.8. Since the displayed stats only show whole numbers, these show up as 10 and 5, respectively. However, they will behave in combat like 9.6 and 4.8. Furthermore, when you add these together, your total resist will be 14.4. This will round down on your displayed total resist as 14, even if the numbers show up as 10 and 5. That's why sometimes players are missing 1% resist in this way. You are still however gaining benefit from that extra 0.4, though.

The reason they don't show decimals on the displays is probably because it would look messy and cluttered. It would be unattractive. XD

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Yeah, but even when I submitted a bug report about it, and KI did the math themself, it came out to 14.68 for both spritely and spell proof. That still does not round up in actual gameplay, so it states and displays 15, but no matter what you do, in game play, it wont be 15 resistance.

Again, the only way to get full 15 resistance, is to have 250 in Strength, Agility, and Power. That's not an easy task to achieve along with having the talents you want too.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
When you resist for example a 100 damage spell it does 100/resistance then what you get it subtracts it from total damage

Hope this help :D

- Paul StomBane
62 Storm
- Paul SilverFlame
52 Myth

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Yeah, but even when I submitted a bug report about it, and KI did the math themself, it came out to 14.68 for both spritely and spell proof. That still does not round up in actual gameplay, so it states and displays 15, but no matter what you do, in game play, it wont be 15 resistance.

Again, the only way to get full 15 resistance, is to have 250 in Strength, Agility, and Power. That's not an easy task to achieve along with having the talents you want too.

I take it you mean spell defying, and not spritely?

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Indeed, getting pets with perfect stats and talents is a difficult task. There's been a recent boom in interest in this, though. Several players have obtained 250 in all stat pets. Some have even obtained 250 stat pets with perfect talents, myself included. It's a longer task with admittingly small rewards. Best of luck to you if you wish to partake on this journey. =)

Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
shadow217354 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Help me KI, help me!

Darthjt,

Joe.

To get mathematical 99.99999% is 100% because it is .9999999 out of a max of .9999999