Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is PvP ruining the game?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Sometimes I kinda wonder if it is actually a good idea have PvP in this game. PvP All the complaining on the message boards and fan forums players have to be a great worry that soon or later something wonderful in the game will change or one of their school will get weakened. Sometimes I kinda wonder if their should not even be PvP in this game, because all of how much complaining and war has resulted from this. It seems to have become a huge war and people are taking it the message boards, trying to change aspects of the game. This seems to be getting to be beyond a game already. And it is so sad that so many people are complaining and on these message boards. So many players at this point I am sure have been very worried that soon or later something nice in this game might change or their school will be weakened.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
The simple answer is yes, it's ruining the game for some of us. But pvp does do some good, it gives people a reason to continue playing, and it helps you pratice and get better. I've met a lot of good friends in pvp too, great conversation place. If you don't like pvp, just don't play it, stay out of the battles, and enjoy the rest of the games. For me pvp has little effect on me.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
It's not ruining the game. The game revolves around questing and no PvP is required.

But I'm sensing a great disappointment from Veteran PvPers. When I go looking for a match, I often notice that there are not even any games going on with wizards over level 70. I think that alone speaks volumes.

I'm guessing possibly, with Diablo 3 released, that many PvP types might have moved their time and energy to that game. I know I have.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
The spells they keep giving schools is ruining the game. They can take bad juju and give it to another school.. Pvp just isn't fair period.. Now ice has even MORE resist.. THE LIST goes on..

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
malt22 wrote:
It's not ruining the game. The game revolves around questing and no PvP is required.

But I'm sensing a great disappointment from Veteran PvPers. When I go looking for a match, I often notice that there are not even any games going on with wizards over level 70. I think that alone speaks volumes.

I'm guessing possibly, with Diablo 3 released, that many PvP types might have moved their time and energy to that game. I know I have.

Let me tell you from past experience that your correct! I use to pvp a lot back in the golden days with my death wizard, this was when the game was perfect as it is. The new system is horribe but it's not enough to ruin the entire game. Like the old saying goes "don't give up on the entire barrel just because of a few rotten apples".

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
For me, wizard101 is pvp. It revolves around pvp, everything I do in wizard101 is to get better in pvp, and I never stop it. So, since I know there are many people like me, if pvp was never there then most of KI's fans would just quit by now.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
If there was no PvP, I really doubt that a lot of the players that have stayed with the game, would have stayed. I know this has already been stated, but I really believe it.

Questing together is fun, but Pvping in a group is a blast.
Hanging in the commons can be fun, but PvP is what keeps me hanging around.

I would have never have complained about any spell, if not for PvP.
I would have never brought up a second, third, fourth, fifth, or six wizard if it wasn't for PvP. I would have never worried about having a great pet.
I would never have purchased much from the store.
PvP is a driving force, and what really keeps the game interesting.

Joe.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Well...I believe thanks to the PvP people they reduced guardian spirit 10% (no i am not life). So for some people yes, some people no.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
Well...I believe thanks to the PvP people they reduced guardian spirit 10% (no i am not life). So for some people yes, some people no.

Did they really? i haven't been on in a while, I was actually hoping guardian spirit wouldn't be effect by reduce.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
If there was no PvP, I really doubt that a lot of the players that have stayed with the game, would have stayed. I know this has already been stated, but I really believe it.

Questing together is fun, but Pvping in a group is a blast.
Hanging in the commons can be fun, but PvP is what keeps me hanging around.

I would have never have complained about any spell, if not for PvP.
I would have never brought up a second, third, fourth, fifth, or six wizard if it wasn't for PvP. I would have never worried about having a great pet.
I would never have purchased much from the store.
PvP is a driving force, and what really keeps the game interesting.

Joe.
joe a few things in there were partly facts but most ofit was just opinions but i can can tell you about some facts of how pvp is ruining the game. first of all the 2 pip wand didnt make it into the game because pvp players were complaining. second of all i heard simplify and eliducate didnt make it into the game(i may be wrong it may just be downgraded i forgot). third of all i have seen some spells that were definetly for pvp(detonate for example). forth of all pvp got GS nerfed as well as some other spells(of course wildbolt may have been over powerd).