Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tired of PvP Complaints;A idea to resolve it

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Here a list of some of the complaints I have heard Wizard101 on related forums:
1. Ice’s gear has too much resist. It should be changed.
2. People are healing way too much in PvP. Something must be done about
3. Why is Storm getting changed so much? It seems completely unfair. People seem biased against storm.
4. Players are getting unfair advantages since they go first.
5. Tempest is being spammed. This needs to be fixed.
6. Myth’s shatter spell is overpowered.
7. Minions are ruining PvP.
8. Guardian Spirit is being spammed and something must be done about it.
9. Bad Juju is overpowered and might be spammed.
10. Dispels are unfair and being spammed.
11. Mana burn's is overpowered(Claims like this were because of the pip damage and ability of the spell to take away pips.
12. Treasure cards are ruining PvP and giving players unfair advantages.
13. Smoke screen is being spammed. This needs to stop.
<><><><><><><><><>
So I was thinking. How about the ability for players to customize their own matches to what they would like. Players can chose if they do not want healing, resists, specific spells, and certain aspects of the game applicable in their match. This idea could resolve lots of this and possibly make things lots more fair for players. This way, we can all play PvP the way we wish to. Players who might like healing and resists can setup matches with such conditions for it, but players who do not like healing and resists could with the idea not allow it for the match they wish to do. Custom PvP has can also be ranked, but Ranked Custom PvP is on a different list the regular PvP. All the statistics and the school that the person is going to face even during ranked show visible. The purpose of Custom PvP would be to allow Players to play matches how they wish even if certain people are having a problem with. Players often have to worry about aspects of dueling getting changed because of complaining, but what if we could have some of these old conditions added back to the game:
1. Using the old version of the Sirens spell
2. Players can use Polymorph treasure cards at any level
3. The old wild bolt which hit at with 2 pips for base 1000 damage with about 30% accuracy can be used here.
4. Zero pip dispels.
5. Insane bolt treasure cards can be used at any level
6. Gargantuan, and Extraordinary can be used at any level
7. Players can combo multiple of the same natural blade and trap.(not treasure card assisted)
8. Dampen magic can be used again.
9. The old cloak for balance can be used again.
10. Stun shields do not appear when someone was stunned
11. Only Single stun shields only appear when someone was stunned.
12. Using the stun shield card that was only able to start one stun shield when used.
13. Earthquake destroys stun shields.
14. Talos can be used by other schools and at lower levels(Only if a person has a myth wizard that has completed the quest to get Talos).
15. Players can chose to do battles of up to 1 vs. 4.
16. One pip and 500 Self Damage Bad Juju usable.
17. Players can battle with mana loss active again during PvP.
18. Simplify as a trainable card.
19. Elucidate as a trainable card.
20. Two pip wands.
See what I am getting at? If we had customize-able PvP there could be grounds for possibly bring back all of these things into the game and players could possibly play as they wished in PvP with less disagreements and fighting on the message boards. All of the above would basically be optional for a player to set through special settings in this idea.
Another idea I had was about about something called Special PvP Ranked and Practice. In Special PvP a player can play matches using conditions like, no healing, no resistances, no armor piercing or no stunning, but this is all randomly determined by the system. It is similar to things that players get in special setting from custom matches, but customized by the system randomly, not the player.
My final idea is about bring back old conditions that once were to PvE and allowing it for certain reasons. Many storm wizards might miss the old wild bolt, so the idea is to bring old conditions like on that list above I made. A storm wizard may need to say be at certain level to unlock the old wild bolt version or a death wizard finished the quest for Bad Juju to get the old version. They might be allow to use the old versions of those spells then in Customized PvP. The reason for this is the sake of fairness. When spells are changed universally for everyone this can be quite unfair and many might have disagreed with it. This might be the way to be fair to everyone.
To Ki,
---Many players are probably frustrated with all these PvP complaints and might be worried that soon or later their school will be weakened. If this idea is considered then players many may feel more at ease and the complaining about PvP might be reduced to some degree. Please do not make decision though because of specific groups of complaints against other schools about strength in the game. I have heard that many of these complaints are even organised even.
---To Players
I welcome comments and would be happy to hear any on how people feel about this idea.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
I souly agree.

Malorn Spiritweaver, level 74 Balance

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Here's an even better one. Deal with the moves or quit PvP, right now the only two legit complaints in PvP are guardian spirit ( still being debated ) and ice's massive resist.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
AaronMerriin wrote:
Here a list of some of the complaints I have heard Wizard101 related forums:
3. Why is Storm getting changed so much? It seems completely unfair. People seem biased against storm.
11. Mana burn's is overpowered(Claims like this were because of the pip damage and ability of the spell to take away pips.
<><><><><><><><><>
So I was thinking. How about the ability for players to customize their own matches to what they would like. Players can chose if they do not want healing, resist, specific spells, and certain aspects of the game applicable in their match. This idea could resolve lots of this and possibly make things lots more fair for players. This way, we can all play PvP the way we wish to. Players who might like healing and resists can setup matches with such conditions for it, but players who do not like healing and resists could with the idea not allow it for the match they wish to do.
To Ki,
---Many players are probably frustrated with all these PvP complaints and might be worried that soon or later their school will be weakened. If this idea is considered then players many may feel more at ease and the complaining about PvP might be reduced to some degree. Please do not make decision though because of specific groups of complaints against other schools about strength in the game. I have heard that many of these complaints are even organised even.
---To Players
I welcome comments and would be happy to hear any on how people feel about this idea.

so what you want is to win every single match because other people get very limited stuff. theres something called strategy. use it

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Here's an even better one. Deal with the moves or quit PvP, right now the only two legit complaints in PvP are guardian spirit ( still being debated ) and ice's massive resist.

agreed.
PvP will not be changed, that's evident. Either deal with it or stop playing PvP and go do a quest.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
AaronMerriin wrote:
<><><><><><><><><>
So I was thinking. How about the ability for players to customize their own matches to what they would like. Players can chose if they do not want healing, resist, specific spells, and certain aspects of the game applicable in their match. This idea could resolve lots of this and possibly make things lots more fair for players. This way, we can all play PvP the way we wish to. Players who might like healing and resists can setup matches with such conditions for it, but players who do not like healing and resists could with the idea not allow it for the match they wish to do.
To Ki,
---To Players
This might make it harder for schools to get matches. Also, People could get easy Warlord by making matches statless, then just pulling out all their high ranked spells.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I was just simply worried that nice aspects of the game might get changed as a result of updates or complaining. I think that it is kinda of mean to try and get a specific school weakened. So in the idea I was introducing, players could still play PvP the way the wish to possibly even an aspect of the game that they were using to duel with has been changed somehow. For example:
Supposing that Guardian spirit gets changed, instead, of removing the present spell of Guardian spirit, its present version is kept, but is it allowed for use by selecting in Special setting>Spells. The present version of the spell can be used regular PvP. So this way if players are complaining to get a spell changed it might be more allowable, but the original version of the spell is also kept for players who want to use it.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Asmuch as i would love to agree with this, i can't approve of this myself. Pvp is suppose to be about stragetic planning and skill, making the matches so that oyu would obviously have the advantage and upper ground would just be as unfair as all of those complains.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
All of the complaints to get spells removed or changed for PvP is just the reason I chose not to continue with it. I did some when I first started playing the game. Then some started wanting spells changed or banned.

When a spell gets changed for PvP, it will usually become useless to a degree in PvE.

When a spell gets Banned for PvP, it can still be used in PvE, but what is the point if you can't use ALL of your spells. And yes, including polymorphs.

IMHO, PvP is a way to hone your skills for PvE. If you really want to be honest about it, No spell should be banned or changed for PvP. The main aspect of the game is PvE. Stronger mobs and bosses than what you face in PvP.

So what is really fair now about PvP? Nothing

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
AaronMerriin wrote:
<><><><><><><><><>
To Ki,
---To Players

most of these are easy to counter

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
[1]This might make it harder for schools to get matches.[2] Also, People could get easy Warlord by making matches statless, then just pulling out all their high ranked spells.
[1]One idea is that I have is for the ability to invite people to PvP matches with block PvP invites added, or player PvP flags. PvP flags in this idea for flags that players can place in certain areas across terrains in Wizard101 requesting invites to join matches.
[2]In this idea the Customized PvP matches are added to separate ranking lists than Regular PvP rating lists. There is Ranked and Practice Regular PvP with all the elements of the game in as is. There is also Ranked and Practice Customized PvP. In Ranked Customized PvP all the conditions that the creator set for the match are visible to the person planning to join the match. Only different between practice is that it is ranked.
Asmuch as i would love to agree with this, i can't approve of this myself.[1] PvP is suppose to be about stragetic planning and skill, making the matches so that oyu would obviously have the advantage and upper ground would just be as [2]unfair as all of those complains.
[1]In this idea everyone gets affected. Supposing a person sets a match for no healing they would not be able to heal either. And the player would be aware that match does not allow healing. Another idea I had is Special PvP ranked and practice. In Special PvP there can be matches with no healing, resistances, armor piercing etc, but all matches the conditions are customized by the system randomly rather than human. Special PvP Ranked gets a different rating list then Customized and Regular.
[2] In this idea any Customized match a person could see the statistics of what conditions where set by the creator of the match whether or not it was ranked. The player could know ahead of time what they might be dealing with and prepare. In ranked the player would also be given the school and level of the wizard that they were going to face. Also lets consider the following things:
1. People in the current PvP are doing all sorts of things to gain advantages at the present time, but at least in Custom PvP, this can be escaped more easily. Custom PvP also allows a player to create uniquely challenging matches. And of course it customize the matches how a person feels is fair and since a person can see the condition that are set for the match and the school of the person which they are facing.

2. Things can affect everyone if something gets changed as a result of PvP. Wild bolt, armor piercing, shatter, removal of natural single blade combing. I am sure lots people were not happy when the old wild bolt was changed, and many disagreed with it.
3. The whole idea so players can play as they wish, without having to worry so much about changing to things that they like in the game. For example:
Insane bolt treasure cards were made to be no PvP. Why not instead reserve this to Custom PvP, but in regular PvP it is still allowed. I am sure lots of people disagreed that it should have been made no PvP. The thing is that in Custom PvP players could also chose a match without it in this idea, and possibly battle with it or without it in Special PvP. And basically people view things differently. Getting the entire game changed universally for everyone because of opinions seems kinda unfair. This idea considers many peoples' opinions and allow them to fit in without specific people being single out of put down because of majority decisions.
All of the complaints to get spells removed or changed for PvP is just the reason I chose not to continue with it. I did some when I first started playing the game. Then some started wanting spells changed or banned.

I totally understand you I think. The big thing that I do not like about PvP that people complain and try to get aspects of dueling changes. This is a big reason I was introducing this idea. So that players can keep using their spells, strategies, or aspects of dueling that they might like and continue playing PvP or PvE how they would like and not necessary need to worry so much if their school might get weakened in one aspect of the game.Less worry about complainers. More focus on honing skills preparing for awesome battles. ^^
-----I think that is is desperately needed especially since it seems as though there might be a lot of new aspects to dueling being added to the game in the future.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:

You may want to add Mana burn to the list, if it ever gets fixed.
I do agree with the Guardian spirit, but I can say that I have never found
Ice's resist to be a real problem in PvP on my Balance or Myth. It does take some time to bring them down, but with a good stratergy, it's not hard.
Bringing down a smart Balance or Myth player is much harder to do, imo.

Joe.