Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guardian Spirit is fine

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
"Second of all, yes PVP are elite, imo, whether they are 600 or 1400, they are the elite of the game. Are they more important than the standard PvE player, I would say no. Are they usually better players, I would say Yes, they are.

To answer your final question, an elite player would understand the game better than a non-elite player. " -- Joe

This type of statement exemplifies the rift between PvE and PvP.

IMHO, I will always prefer one of my PvE friends to a group of PvP'ers at my side in a difficult dungeon. Why? My good friends are team players. See, in PvE sharing and cooperation for the pleasure of everyone is important. Helping one another with blades, shields, heals, dispels and whatever is necessary marks the style of a good PvE player.

I avoid questing with PvP'ers, unless I've known them for a very long time. Why? Many hard core PvP'ers are inconsistent, unreliable, and ego-ridden. They don't care about sharing with teammates, they take all the hits, they don't help shield themselves or others, they don't carry heals to help others.

No, Joe, I disagree with you. PvP is not the best testing ground for spells; PvE is, as that environment allows us to test spells in a wide range of situations, with MOBs and bosses that have serious advantages over us, such as 8 pips to start and lots of rules to avoid. I dare say that accomplished PvE players can tell you anything you want to know about the spells in their possession, and can suggest how to best use them for maximum effect.

You say that KI is the elite here, but I disagree. KI is the group of game designers who create content for the 20 million wizards in the Great Spira.l This game was made for people to enjoy the story, the characters, the activities such as questing, crafting, and later PvP, pet training, and gardening. First and foremost, this game is about saving the Spiral from evil wizards. PvP does nothing to augment the story or the larger goal of this RPG.

Now, I will disclose that I have a Balance veteran, a Fire veteran, and a Myth sergeant in PvP. However, I play PvP rarely, and as a small part of my larger activity in Wizard101. I dare say that the majority of people who have been around for a long while have similar patterns of play. From my observations, I will have to say that combating another human is very, very different than combating Luska, Ervin, Lyon Lorestriker, Jabberwock, or any other MOB or boss we encounter in the story. The two activities are predicated on entirely different strategies and deck builds. They are night and day, apples and oranges, mutually exclusive.

As a Theurgist, a highly accomplished one, if I may say, I am an expert at life spells, how much they should cost, how I will boost them, what they will yield for the well-being of my friend or group. In the case of Guardian Spirit, for example, we now have a 5 pip spell that doesn't work any better than Satyr or (for me, Fairy), and that will probably never earn a spot in my deck. It is a spell I would only use in highly specialized situations, such as the Warehouse boss, the WW (oh that evil fire fish!), or perhaps a future difficult dungeon. It costs too much at 5 pips for a 15% resurrection in PvE, regardless of how I have it boosted. This spell will cost me 6 pips, since I never get white pips, and I would rather cast a damage spell, take out a monster, and then heal my ailing teammate to full. Most accomplished Theurgists make this type of strategic decision often; many of us have developed strategies to allow us to hit and heal, and we are careful with our pips.

So, now that PvP has wrecked the already short value of Guardian Spirit for PvE, Theurgists are left with an extra spell that will gather dust in our backpacks. How does that decision enhance the game experience for PvE wizards?

What about the 2 power pip wand so many wizards have requested? PvE poses no disagreement with this desire, but PvP'ers cry foul. Thus, no 2 power pip wands in PvE. In PvE, we NEED more pips to start. Do you see how PvP negatively affects PvE in this situation?

I'm disappointed to see that PvP is having such a negative effect on our wizarding community, and I hope that KI will do something to mend the rift.

Kindest Regards,

Qbb, Iridian Shadowweaver

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
Darthjt,

The main problem Joe, is that where does it end? PvP is putting a huge damper on spells and the expansion of the game. How can you not see that?

+2 pip wands, was it a bad idea? No, but because of PvP, it can't be.
Simplify & Elucidate, bad idea? No, but because of PvP, they can't be.

These are just a few of the things that prove PvP is limiting the expansion of this game.

Darthjt,

I really don't care how old you are, in this game you are in my world, we face each other on KI's terms.

That is a good point, this is a family game, why are you trying to change that?

I have one question for you, why do you need a +2 pip wand ofr PVE?
Why would you need Simplify or Elucidate in PVE, who does?
Why does it matter if Guardian Spirit heals for 15% or 25% in PVE.
Why would I need stronger spells in PVE, when many can solo the game
as is? I have watched solos of the Tower of Helephant and just about every other Boss in the game.

You see Darthjt, you don't need any of that, you don't need to expand the PVE part any more than KI has planned. KI is just like anyone else, even Teachers, they make mistakes. Once the mistake is looked at, it's corrected, it's that simple. All games do that, it's fair and the way it should be, no matter what you think.

I am in "Youth in Government" and we look at many issues that face our state. We argue the point and debate the issues, and this is what you do when there is a problem.
So Yes, I whine as you put it, but guess what, if you have a problem you need to bring it to KI's attention. They will make a logical fix, if it's needed.

Look at the bring side of things, I will only be in the game for another two monthes. Then my account will be taken over by my younger brother.
I hope my other brother keeps you in check, and doesn't let you get out of hand...... :)

Your bro....
Joe.
hey joe why dont you try awnsering and telling me if pvp players should be the ones calling all the shots because they spend a bit more time playing this game. hey joe why dont you tell me why warlords know better than 20 million people? joe why dont you tell me why you think ki should only listen to the pvp players and ignore the pve players because as you say there are not smart and anyone who pvps knowes 10 times as much as they do? so JOE can you awnser any of that?