Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP 1v1 order has changed.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
The Wizard PvP Hierarchy has changed....

Thinking of PvP in 1v1 only,
For the longest time, the Wizards hierarchy at level 70 was imo in this order.

1. Fire.
2. Myth.
3. Ice.
4 Balance
5. Death.
6. Storm.
7. Life.

Based on the latest Utility spell released, I really think that has
changed the order.
LIfe is certainly now ahead of Ice, and Balance has dropped, as it's
spells cannot be used. Even Death has dropped, as badjuju is very
hard to use in PvP, when it can be wanded off. Storm's heal is not
that good, as who wants to try to heal and end up losing the match automatically?
Myth's shift spells can be used, but again they do need much help anyways.
Fire has made good gains in this release and they are still on top.

Here is what I think the new order is at level 80, what do you think?

1. Fire is still on top, no question about it.
2. Myth is still running second, but may not be as close as it was.
3. Life, Dead and with heals that come back to close to 2000hp, it has a huge advantage.
(work this into your stratergy and you will become just about unbeatable).
(I expect that some will even put Life in the number two position over low hitting myth).
4. Ice got a small edge, especially against anyone that uses the Balance amulet.
5. Storm, with their new heal and ability to remove all blades, I put them here.
(Life Hp is still an issue, even thogh it has increased, but Max bladers beware).
6. Death, their spells help, but not that much, imo.
7. Balance drops to bottom, spells that don't work, and everyone else has gained.

I think that Storm and Death are hard to place, but based on my own Wizards, I put them here.

Thanks for reading.

Joe

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Well here's my order from greatest to least of most powerful schools in PvP before and after the change.
Before :
1. Fire
2.Ice
3.Life
4.Myth
5.Death
6.Balance
7.Storm
Death and Balance are very close together in the race although when I battle them on my death they I have only lost once to them due to a judgement I did not counter in time. Fire have always been good, probably the only school KI hasn't messed up. Ice is there mostly for there famous extreme health and treasure blades ( although the blades are getting less powerful due to earthquake ). I have no idea why you put life so low, on my life I've only lost 3 times and two of those were in team battles, I only lost once to a death who used frankenstein on me after he shattered ( I had earthquake but I'm a very stubborn pip user ), Gnomes was really our best move ever. Storm is the all time low, they've been getting hit with the nerf bat time after time, there health was so low it only takes me two decent gnomes to kill them.

After:
1. Life
2.Fire
3.Ice
4.Death
5.Balance
6.Myth
7.Storm
Balance,Myth, and Death are extremely close to each other very hard to figure out which goes which you can consider them one place if you want. Life's new guardian spirit gives a huge advantage over every other school, expect battles with life to be long and an 70% chance of you losing, few have been able to overcome them. Fire gets some decent spells not bad, but it has distanced itself somewhat from first. Ice really remains at top 3 for their extreme health up to 5k now. Storm remains the lowest with 2.9k health although enfeeble puts it close to myth.

Info Resources : Watched battles, personal experience, other's experience, PvP message boards, etc.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Anyone who puts Myth low on the PvP totem pole, obviously is not that good at pvp or does not know all the schools very well.

Joe is pretty accurate at ranking the schools.

Pre-Avalon

1.Fire
2.Myth
3.Ice
4.Balance & Death
6.Life
7.Storm

After Avalon's Release and with new spells

1.Fire
2.Myth
3.Life
4.Ice
5.Storm (Healing Current is a lot more powerful that you give it credit for, storm has plenty of power, it can easily keep power or use stellar signet & cosmic kris for healing potential, or use the crafted athame and Aureate ring.
6.Death Really wish they did not make Bad Juju worthless, could have really helped Death in PvP.
7.Balance No increase for balance in Armor Piercing, too many helpful spells on other schools and not much for balance. For a change balance is low?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
7.Balance No increase for balance in Armor Piercing, too many helpful spells on other schools and not much for balance. For a change balance is low?

I'm happy that that's finally happened, now defeating other won't be as easy (4v4 it actually still is )

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
Lion359 wrote:

1. Fire.
2. Myth.
3. Ice.
4 Balance
5. Death.
6. Storm.
7. Life.

changed the order.
that good, as who wants to try to heal and end up losing the match automatically?

3. Life, Dead and with heals that come back to close to 2000hp, it has a huge advantage.
(I expect that some will even put Life in the number two position over low hitting myth).
4. Ice got a small edge, especially against anyone that uses the Balance amulet.
5. Storm, with their new heal and ability to remove all blades, I put them here.
(Life Hp is still an issue, even thogh it has increased, but Max bladers beware).
7. Balance drops to bottom, spells that don't work, and everyone else has gained.

I think that Storm and Death are hard to place, but based on my own Wizards, I put them here.

Thanks for reading.

Joe

Fire is not the top school any more its life or death or probably balance will it will be if not now watch.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Myth is great at PvP but I'm doing it from the majority of the battles I've played and seen. They're good if they're played good every school is but what I see most myth doing is medusa and basilisk and minotaur. Conviction and stun blocks usually make medusa not worth it and baslisk and minotaur are ok but still other schools have better moves in my opinion. The good myths though use the enraged minotaur minion or the cyclops minion. Use minotaur orthrus and basilisk and nearly always have their bubble on. Maybe I put myth pretty low after avalon aren't that good ( even shift can only get about 1-2 rounds on your opponent and some people rather just use the shatter and big one hit combo ) and I think shift dimension has to be a pretty bad move. I personally think I'm good at PvP not extraordinary but I was a Death Warlord and on my life commander have lost up to now only 4 matches ( two are team and you know they depend mostly on who goes first and the skill of your teammate ) the other two were legit losses in 1v1 and I was commander before we even got the guardian spirit spell cause mostly because of the help of my life minion and gnomes but you know maybe its just me who has played life well but I'm confident that other life are doing pretty well. Although I will agree to putting myth above death now after a few recent battles I've witnessed.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
LighDealth wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

1. Fire.
2. Myth.
3. Ice.
4 Balance
5. Death.
6. Storm.
7. Life.

changed the order.

Thanks for reading.

Joe

Fire is not the top school any more its life or death or probably balance will it will be if not now watch.

LighDealth,

I'm confused on why you would say that, Life does have a huge advantage, but not over Fire. Death has no advantages right now, and the utility spells they got are pur humor. They are basically useless in PvP, and I would have to drop the towards the bottom of the pack, without question.
Balance is a complete joke, I wouldn't even go into a match right now with a Balance. They got one spell that has to have an Aura up to use, that is at 60%. The other one steals pips, but the opposing Wizard still gets to use the pips that are not there. They got no Pierce for their spells, and only 6% for their other spells. Balance is a 100% joke after the last world, and just cannot complete. Fire is still rated #1, and that is more than evident by the spells they got. Balance and Life are almost dead even now, and maybe your right in what you think, maybe life should be listed under Fire now.

Joe.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Myth is great at PvP but I'm doing it from the majority of the battles I've played and seen. They're good if they're played good every school is but what I see most myth doing is medusa and basilisk and minotaur. Conviction and stun blocks usually make medusa not worth it and baslisk and minotaur are ok but still other schools have better moves in my opinion. The good myths though use the enraged minotaur minion or the cyclops minion. Use minotaur orthrus and basilisk and nearly always have their bubble on. Maybe I put myth pretty low after avalon aren't that good ( even shift can only get about 1-2 rounds on your opponent and some people rather just use the shatter and big one hit combo ) and I think shift dimension has to be a pretty bad move. I personally think I'm good at PvP not extraordinary but I was a Death Warlord and on my life commander have lost up to now only 4 matches ( two are team and you know they depend mostly on who goes first and the skill of your teammate ) the other two were legit losses in 1v1 and I was commander before we even got the guardian spirit spell cause mostly because of the help of my life minion and gnomes but you know maybe its just me who has played life well but I'm confident that other life are doing pretty well. Although I will agree to putting myth above death now after a few recent battles I've witnessed.

TheDarkestmask,

I am ready for my first lesson on PvP, tell me when and where to meet you.
I have a Balance, Myth, Ice, Death, and Storm, all level 70-80. Tell me which one to bring..... :)

Thanks,
Joe.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:

TheDarkestmask,

I am ready for my first lesson on PvP, tell me when and where to meet you.
I have a Balance, Myth, Ice, Death, and Storm, all level 70-80. Tell me which one to bring..... :)

Thanks,
Joe.

Ummm is the sarcasm truly needed to prove a point?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
TheDarkestMask Quote: "Ummm is the sarcasm
truly needed to prove a point?"

TheDarkestMask,

You read into my statement the wrong way, for sure.
I looked at the ranking you posted a few days ago.
I also looked at this post, and the number of loses
you had gaining that ranking. Blend the two together
and you have someone that is extremely good, far, far
better than I am or ever will be.
So, no sarcasm implied or intended, it was meant as an
honest compliment.

Joe.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I agree with you but I after the update death is at the bottom as far as i see it.. Even balance has a spell that heals them hugely in pvp and they have the 3 hit attacks like hydra and the newer one.. Death really took a beating in the last update- oh and lets not forget the crafted gear that takes our damage, and universal resisit- WHICH Death needs..

They can take bad juju and give us anything.. Why we don't have a death bubble to increase our attacks is beyond me.. Or the mass infection?? I don't get that one either.. It's all bad if you ask me.. But I think most of you know I haven't been happy with the updates :)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
jakehjk3 wrote:
I agree with you but I after the update death is at the bottom as far as i see it.. Even balance has a spell that heals them hugely in pvp and they have the 3 hit attacks like hydra and the newer one.. Death really took a beating in the last update- oh and lets not forget the crafted gear that takes our damage, and universal resisit- WHICH Death needs..

They can take bad juju and give us anything.. Why we don't have a death bubble to increase our attacks is beyond me.. Or the mass infection?? I don't get that one either.. It's all bad if you ask me.. But I think most of you know I haven't been happy with the updates :)

Jake,

I for one really have to agree, Death did get the short stick for sure.

Joe.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I seriously think death and balance need a damage bubble even life has brown spider treasures which are occasionally at the bazaar or you can farm them and I tend to always have some on my life.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Idk where you guys got your numbers from, but my listings are based upon who I see most in my 1v1 matches (I face in between 1100 and 1400 (I'm around 1250)

PRE-AVALON

1). Ice
2). Fire
3). Life
4). Death
5). Myth
6). Balance
7). Storm

POST-AVALON

1). ICE
2). Balance
3). Life
4). Death
5). Myth
6). Fire
7). Storm

Notes ~ Ice is insanely hard to beat with the new crafted gear and health (I resort to TC singles blade + earth + Gnome, my only 80 being Life). Possibly the most common pvp school I see. Again I have no idea why you guys rank balance so low but Nova and Burn are the worst 2 things I hope not to see used on me. Life is quite good at what they do and hard to beat, even with GS getting nerfed beyond plausability. Ice completely knocked fire out of our little heirarchy with its resist most commonly being 80% against fire. Storm has always been to fragile to stand on it's own, but it is still a power house in multis.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Lucario got them right except before avalon myth and fire came 2nd and 3rd and after avalon myth still is 2nd or 3rd

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Lucario450 wrote:
Idk where you guys got your numbers from, but my listings are based upon who I see most in my 1v1 matches (I face in between 1100 and 1400 (I'm around 1250)

PRE-AVALON

1). Ice
2). Fire
3). Life
4). Death
5). Myth
6). Balance
7). Storm

POST-AVALON

1). ICE
2). Balance
3). Life
4). Death
5). Myth
6). Fire
7). Storm

Notes ~ Ice is insanely hard to beat with the new crafted gear and health (I resort to TC singles blade + earth + Gnome, my only 80 being Life). Possibly the most common pvp school I see. Again I have no idea why you guys rank balance so low but Nova and Burn are the worst 2 things I hope not to see used on me. Life is quite good at what they do and hard to beat, even with GS getting nerfed beyond plausability. Ice completely knocked fire out of our little heirarchy with its resist most commonly being 80% against fire. Storm has always been to fragile to stand on it's own, but it is still a power house in multis.
well somebody obvilously loves ice and hates fire why dont you take a look at lions rating again his are a lot more accurate then yours(because he doesnt watch random battles you can never get a good estimate that way)

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
gweedoboy wrote:
Lucario450 wrote:

PRE-AVALON

1). Ice
2). Fire
3). Life
4). Death
5). Myth
6). Balance
7). Storm

POST-AVALON

1). ICE
2). Balance
3). Life
4). Death
5). Myth
6). Fire
7). Storm

well somebody obvilously loves ice and hates fire why dont you take a look at lions rating again his are a lot more accurate then yours(because he doesnt watch random battles you can never get a good estimate that way)

Ummm... that isn't what I said. I in no way 'love' ice (I'm sort of sick of them in fact) or hate fire (I actually feel sorry for them). And my list is mainly based off of what I see in MY matches, although there are certain schools that I never fight anymore that I can only see by watching Overlord or Warlord matches while I'm waiting for my own match.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lucario450 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
Lucario450 wrote:

PRE-AVALON

1). Ice
2). Fire
3). Life
4). Death
5). Myth
6). Balance
7). Storm

POST-AVALON

1). ICE
2). Balance
3). Life
4). Death
5). Myth
6). Fire
7). Storm

Ummm... that isn't what I said. I in no way 'love' ice (I'm sort of sick of them in fact) or hate fire (I actually feel sorry for them). And my list is mainly based off of what I see in MY matches, although there are certain schools that I never fight anymore that I can only see by watching Overlord or Warlord matches while I'm waiting for my own match.

Feel sorry for Fire? Do you actually play PvP? Fire is still and always has been on the Top of the PVP Leader Boards. Fire has all the tools it needs to defeat any school. Fire does not need a bunch of off school spells like other schools do.

Anyone that feels sorry for Fire, or thinks that Fire is not in the #1 spot, obviously knows nothing about the game or PvP.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Lucario450 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
Lucario450 wrote:

PRE-AVALON

1). Ice
2). Fire
3). Life
4). Death
5). Myth
6). Balance
7). Storm

POST-AVALON

1). ICE
2). Balance
3). Life
4). Death
5). Myth
6). Fire
7). Storm

Feel sorry for Fire? Do you actually play PvP? Fire is still and always has been on the Top of the PVP Leader Boards. Fire has all the tools it needs to defeat any school. Fire does not need a bunch of off school spells like other schools do.

Anyone that feels sorry for Fire, or thinks that Fire is not in the #1 spot, obviously knows nothing about the game or PvP.

I feel sorry for them because of the fact that Ice has on average 80% resist for fire and storm. Detonate was't the best spell for PvP, nor was backdraft. You my friend, need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Kingsisle definatly doused the Fire school's flames with the AV update.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011

Pre Avalon

1.Fire
2.Myth
3.Ice
4.Death
5.Balance
6.Life
7.Storm

Avalon update

1.Fire
2.Ice
3.Myth
4.Life
5.Death
6.Storm
7.Balance

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Lucario450 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
Lucario450 wrote:

PRE-AVALON

1). Ice
2). Fire
3). Life
4). Death
5). Myth
6). Balance
7). Storm

POST-AVALON

1). ICE
2). Balance
3). Life
4). Death
5). Myth
6). Fire
7). Storm

ok well good you dont hate fire and thx for the support darth

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I like how darth automatically assumes all his opinions are correct in every way and anything opposing must be coming from a monkey with a computer. I understand you are "every school" but just cause you believe you are an expert in all of them does not mean you can post around the forums like you own PvP. There are many different opinions about the PvP hierarchy and others are better at certain schools and have been defeated more by a certain school or have an easier time defeating a certain school. To me all the schools if implemented correctly can become pretty balanced in 1v1 and I would explain how but I'm not going into detail seeing as you think you would know.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
I like how darth automatically assumes all his opinions are correct in every way and anything opposing must be coming from a monkey with a computer. I understand you are "every school" but just cause you believe you are an expert in all of them does not mean you can post around the forums like you own PvP. There are many different opinions about the PvP hierarchy and others are better at certain schools and have been defeated more by a certain school or have an easier time defeating a certain school. To me all the schools if implemented correctly can become pretty balanced in 1v1 and I would explain how but I'm not going into detail seeing as you think you would know.

Have you read the posts DarkestMask? If you have, it is pretty obvious who is actually good at PvP and who is clueless by things that they say in their posts.

Yes, every school has weaknesses and strengths, some are better than others at overcoming them on certain schools, which makes those players excellent PvP players.

Those that are good with one specific school, such as fire, who is given all the essencial needs for 1v1 pvp, they may be adequate for that school, but in no way does that mean they are exceptional.

Exceptional PVP players can excel at any school, these are the ones you need to pay attention to, learn skills from, get strategies from. To take the strongest and easiest school and think you are a great pvp player, that is a true monkey behind a computer. There are many!

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
darthjt wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:

Have you read the posts DarkestMask? If you have, it is pretty obvious who is actually good at PvP and who is clueless by things that they say in their posts.

Yes, every school has weaknesses and strengths, some are better than others at overcoming them on certain schools, which makes those players excellent PvP players.

Those that are good with one specific school, such as fire, who is given all the essencial needs for 1v1 pvp, they may be adequate for that school, but in no way does that mean they are exceptional.

Exceptional PVP players can excel at any school, these are the ones you need to pay attention to, learn skills from, get strategies from. To take the strongest and easiest school and think you are a great pvp player, that is a true monkey behind a computer. There are many!

Ha I find it funny that you are still riding your high horse, thinking that Darth knows best and that you're SO superior to who ever your talking to. Skill may have a lot to do with PvP, but in this particular forum we're talking about who has the best advantages in PvP as of now, and I stand by the fact that in the Archmage area of PvP, Fire got the short stick. It dosen't matter if you agree, they're just the facts. If we were talking about lower lv PvP then I could see where you are coming from, seeing as Myth and Fire rule that tier. I know you have plenty of wizards, so I might dare to ask what your Archmage fire's rank is, to show that you can back your talk up.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lucario450 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:

Ha I find it funny that you are still riding your high horse, thinking that Darth knows best and that you're SO superior to who ever your talking to. Skill may have a lot to do with PvP, but in this particular forum we're talking about who has the best advantages in PvP as of now, and I stand by the fact that in the Archmage area of PvP, Fire got the short stick. It dosen't matter if you agree, they're just the facts. If we were talking about lower lv PvP then I could see where you are coming from, seeing as Myth and Fire rule that tier. I know you have plenty of wizards, so I might dare to ask what your Archmage fire's rank is, to show that you can back your talk up.

I am sorry you think Fire got the short end of the stick. If you would like, I can meet up with you and give you lessons. Fire is still #1 in the 1v1 pvp ranking, so I am not sure how much you wanted fire to get for pvp when it came to Avalon, but what I see, is it helped boost the other schools get closer to Fire, which is in essence, creating Balance, which is what you said you wanted, is it not? Or do you just always want to win with fire and never be challenged?