Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why I'm stopping pvp and possibly W101...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 02, 2011
"And I can't help but asking this question to your staff KI, do you guys even play the game that you're selling? I really don't think you do, or if you do, I think you guys only quest, and don't pvp at all."

doudjy, has it occurred to you that a large percentage of the player base never PVPs? Have you considered the fact that KI has to take into consideration both the players that DO pvp and those that do NOT when creating new gear and spells?

You might not realize it, in fact I doubt you do, but a lot of the changes that KI makes to spells in order to satisfy the PVPers who do nothing but PVP and complain actually cause problems for the players that prefer to play the game and fight the monsters instead of PVPing.

Remember, that even though you, and quite a few others, only want to PVP, PVP isn't the only entertainment that this game exists to provide.

Really, if KI wants to make things work for the strictly PVPers (ranked) and the rest of the players, they're going to have to seperate ranked PVP from the game - give it its only rules, gear, spells and so on. There's a nice start with the current PVP gear but it really needs to be its own game, and designed as its own game. It can still be played inside W101, but any spells and gear allowed outside PVP need to be disallowed inside it - and any PVP specific spells, gear and so on need to be disallowed outside in the rest of the game.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
Mario2463 on May 18, 2012 wrote:
I fully agree with doudjy and travisAk on this one. Guardian Spirit is extremely unfair and gives life an unacceptable edge. And like travisAk said, after Dragonspyre, PvP has been bombarded with mindless luck and almost every aspect of PvP has to do with it.
no wait i change my mind i disagree with this i can just use doom and gloom and infections and dispels. but i suck under doom and gloom so i think i might cast it before i attack(If i go second) or after i attack(If i go first) so i realized guardian spirit isn't that great a spell if under doom. (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
pointless to fight monster, just gonna say, when you done with all the quest which most of us are. pvp and train pet is the only fun things we can do. and quest is boring, but i'm happy i'm done with it. i means, we play games to have fun right? do you think doing quest is fun? compare to getting a cool pet or win a pvp match?

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
doudjy on May 15, 2012 wrote:
Dear KI,

It was hard for me to take this decision, well actually, it wasn't...KI, you, made it very easy. I've posted on these forums before, though not often, so let me say this. I only play wizard101 for pvp. Now that I'm on vacation, I spend about 6 to 8 hours a day playing wizard101. It's by far the most exciting game I have played. Of course like every game it has its flaws, and KI has a great staff making improvements, however, recent additions to the game have just made it un interesting for me to keep playing wizard101.

Like I said, I only pvp. EVERYTHING I do in the game is related to pvp, i.e in order for me to become a better pvp player. For instance, I became a grandmaster artisan just so i could craft better gear for pvp. I spent HOURS farming so I could hatch to get better pets, buy reagents to craft etc. So, if I think that pvp is broken, I will not be interested in it, and if I'm no longer interested in pvp, I'm not interested in the game at all. I am far from being the only customer with the same mindset. KI knows that a large number of his customers are pvp hardcores, and will stop playing if pvp if pvp no longer works.

With the addition of Avalon, a lot of new spells come out. And I can't help but asking this question to your staff KI, do you guys even play the game that you're selling? I really don't think you do, or if you do, I think you guys only quest, and don't pvp at all. Because, if you did there is NO reason you would NOT think that a spell like Guardian Spirit would become problematic. Guardian Spirit has made pvp un attractive, and I will stop paying to pvp until you come up with a solution for it.

For those of you who don't know, Guardian Spirit is a spell (like an aura) that revives a player with 25% of his/her health if the player dies. But that's not all, life can also CRITICAL the spell, and since critical double the amount of anything, that 25% just went up to a 50% health back, but WAIT, there IS more, life boost ALSO affects the spell. So, the average life wizard has around 3800 health (with the new updates). So, you can see how it feels to try to bring down an ALREADY healer wizard with a "Guardian Spirit". This spell HAS to be change. Life wizards now spam the spell in the arena. They add elucidate on it, so it only cost them 3 pips, and they can keep casting it over and over again.

Currently, my rank is 1362, most of which has been acquired through 1v1 matches. Over 800 matches play, so I don't think ANYONE can school me on how to pvp. So if people are to going to reply with: "oh bring dispels", or "infections", or "doom and gloom", don't bother. I also change my strategy from time to time. Actually, I don't even have a fixed strategy, it all depends on who I'm fighting (i.e the school, and style of the player). My deck is set up in a way that I can use 4 different strategies in the same match! If you are a life wizard, that's great! You benefit a lot from it, and can thank KI for giving you a spell without thinking about the consequences.

I'm not even going to touch the so-not-worth-it new crafting gear. They are just a tiny update from the level 66 crafting gear, and I have no intention of wasting good reagents on them. But let me touch on ice's new gear that allows them to get over 80% resist to fire and storm, while STILL maintaining their huge health.

KI, I seriously am begining to think that you have no consideration whatsoever for Fire and Storm students. Last time you gave ice the possibility of getting 70% + resist to those schools, a lot of people came out and voiced their opinions against it. Yet, with these new updates you're giving ice even MORE resist to the same schools. And that's not all with addition of the piercing blades, ice can now cut through storm and fire's already low resist. So an ice who cast a spell with blades icespear, elemental spear and tc infallible will do A LOT more damage than a fire or storm who does the same. Because the ice has a monsrous resist.
Oh, and thanks for the no-use-4-pips detonate spell. Same for the useless trap version of supercharge.

This is fine, I have no interests, nor do my friends, to keep pvping in conditions like these. I will stil log in and talk to my friends as I have many of them, but you have given us ZERO interests to keep paying for pvp. Perhaps you do not even care, I am sure the number of people who don't care about pvp outnumber those who do. So, you'll still have plenty of customers. My friends and I just will NOT be of them.

Sincerely,
I think Guardian spirit is fine for life since they don't have many advantages as a school.

I can agree that spamming it gets a little bit annoying though.

As for 70% resist, I think that's going a little bit over the edge. I've seen people with over 70% resist to all schools with jade gear.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
doudjy on May 15, 2012 wrote:
Dear KI,

It was hard for me to take this decision, well actually, it wasn't...KI, you, made it very easy. I've posted on these forums before, though not often, so let me say this. I only play wizard101 for pvp. Now that I'm on vacation, I spend about 6 to 8 hours a day playing wizard101. It's by far the most exciting game I have played. Of course like every game it has its flaws, and KI has a great staff making improvements, however, recent additions to the game have just made it un interesting for me to keep playing wizard101.

Like I said, I only pvp. EVERYTHING I do in the game is related to pvp, i.e in order for me to become a better pvp player. For instance, I became a grandmaster artisan just so i could craft better gear for pvp. I spent HOURS farming so I could hatch to get better pets, buy reagents to craft etc. So, if I think that pvp is broken, I will not be interested in it, and if I'm no longer interested in pvp, I'm not interested in the game at all. I am far from being the only customer with the same mindset. KI knows that a large number of his customers are pvp hardcores, and will stop playing if pvp if pvp no longer works.

With the addition of Avalon, a lot of new spells come out. And I can't help but asking this question to your staff KI, do you guys even play the game that you're selling? I really don't think you do, or if you do, I think you guys only quest, and don't pvp at all. Because, if you did there is NO reason you would NOT think that a spell like Guardian Spirit would become problematic. Guardian Spirit has made pvp un attractive, and I will stop paying to pvp until you come up with a solution for it.

For those of you who don't know, Guardian Spirit is a spell (like an aura) that revives a player with 25% of his/her health if the player dies. But that's not all, life can also CRITICAL the spell, and since critical double the amount of anything, that 25% just went up to a 50% health back, but WAIT, there IS more, life boost ALSO affects the spell. So, the average life wizard has around 3800 health (with the new updates). So, you can see how it feels to try to bring down an ALREADY healer wizard with a "Guardian Spirit". This spell HAS to be change. Life wizards now spam the spell in the arena. They add elucidate on it, so it only cost them 3 pips, and they can keep casting it over and over again.

Currently, my rank is 1362, most of which has been acquired through 1v1 matches. Over 800 matches play, so I don't think ANYONE can school me on how to pvp. So if people are to going to reply with: "oh bring dispels", or "infections", or "doom and gloom", don't bother. I also change my strategy from time to time. Actually, I don't even have a fixed strategy, it all depends on who I'm fighting (i.e the school, and style of the player). My deck is set up in a way that I can use 4 different strategies in the same match! If you are a life wizard, that's great! You benefit a lot from it, and can thank KI for giving you a spell without thinking about the consequences.

I'm not even going to touch the so-not-worth-it new crafting gear. They are just a tiny update from the level 66 crafting gear, and I have no intention of wasting good reagents on them. But let me touch on ice's new gear that allows them to get over 80% resist to fire and storm, while STILL maintaining their huge health.

KI, I seriously am begining to think that you have no consideration whatsoever for Fire and Storm students. Last time you gave ice the possibility of getting 70% + resist to those schools, a lot of people came out and voiced their opinions against it. Yet, with these new updates you're giving ice even MORE resist to the same schools. And that's not all with addition of the piercing blades, ice can now cut through storm and fire's already low resist. So an ice who cast a spell with blades icespear, elemental spear and tc infallible will do A LOT more damage than a fire or storm who does the same. Because the ice has a monsrous resist.
Oh, and thanks for the no-use-4-pips detonate spell. Same for the useless trap version of supercharge.

This is fine, I have no interests, nor do my friends, to keep pvping in conditions like these. I will stil log in and talk to my friends as I have many of them, but you have given us ZERO interests to keep paying for pvp. Perhaps you do not even care, I am sure the number of people who don't care about pvp outnumber those who do. So, you'll still have plenty of customers. My friends and I just will NOT be of them.

Sincerely,
And now that in Azteca Ice Wizards can get IMMUNITY to fire and storm, this is making it very hard for them. Even if they try to use a convert the global resist is still insane. And with the huge health, you can barely take away half of their health! Also, if you try to use armor piercing, the spear spells (fire spear, storm spear) only pierce 10%! They need to lower the health and the resist.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
80% resistance, that is getting pretty rediculous. I think what the game needs is a risist cap at like 50% so even if you have gear that gives more you can only resist up to half the damage. (not including shields)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
PvP needs it's own set of rules, it's own set of spells, and it's own set of gear.

I'm so tired of people complaining about Ice resist, Storm damage, Guardian Spirit, and the list goes on.

PvP is just a small, inconsequential part of the overall game and I'm tired of PvP'ers doing their best to nerf schools for the sake of PvP, without considering the consequences of how it will affect PvE, which is the main focus of the game.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
PvP needs it's own set of rules, it's own set of spells, and it's own set of gear.

I'm so tired of people complaining about Ice resist, Storm damage, Guardian Spirit, and the list goes on.

PvP is just a small, inconsequential part of the overall game and I'm tired of PvP'ers doing their best to nerf schools for the sake of PvP, without considering the consequences of how it will affect PvE, which is the main focus of the game.
I agree 100%. PvE has taken some hard hits because of the changes made to accommodate PvP.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
While I have nothing to say on the subject of ice's amazing defense I will point out that because of all the complaining and whining about life's Guardian spirit it has now been reduced to 15% -_- and the item card version is 20% for anyone! who has crowns and can afford it. It just seems that life is the most ridiculed school out there, people just can't let life have any thing that will give them a jump on the rest without screaming NERF!!! or HOW UNFAIR!. The funny thing is all the complaining comes from the PVP players. I really don't see why people who only play this game for PvP should have any right to dictate the performance of a spell from a school that already gets so little and is constantly berated, without even checking how it fairs in the real part of the game PvE. it annoys me greatly and I wish KI would see that instead of giving in to one side of the game,they could come up with a compromise. How about leave It at 25% in PvE and reduce it to 20% in PvP, or they could have taken out the critical in PvP.

People complain too much about life.....because they have nothing better to do but that.
"Oh life heals to much" or "healing should be banned" or "life is weak and all their good for is healing" and
now "Guardian spirit is so unfair nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf remove nerf nerf nerf nerf ban", it's complaints like this that really discourage a theurgist like me at points *sigh* will things for the school of life ever get any better? (I will be reusing this very same post in some other topic about life too)
David Willow breeze, level 68 Legendary (currently in stone town)

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I haven't done all that much PvP in Wizards, I prefer PvE, but I tried it once with my ice wizard and got to knight. Then it started getting harder. I was asked to fight warlords all the time, which wasn't all that hard some of the time, but still... And Jade Gear, healing pets, Guardian Spirit, spamming, high resist, and a lot more turned me off from PvP. Unfair advantages put me right back down there again at Private. I don't see a way KI can fix this, though, because it is probably too late. If they banned Guardian, TC, Jade Gear, and all that other stuff from PvP, the people who relied on them would be angry. Sorry, KI, but I think you might have made a big mistake with some of the things you put in PvP. I don't mean to be rude, but I am quitting PvP because I am not made of money, and the people who succeed in PvP these days are the ones who are. Thank you for your time, and good luck in the future, KI.