Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why I'm stopping pvp and possibly W101...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
Doudjy quote: "Ok, so I went through my friend's list and wanted to verify yor statement. I looked at the stats of 13 pvp players with ranks above 1200 (myth and fire only), and guess what? not a single one one of them had boost over 50%, while they ALL had a minimum of 50% incoming healing boost. I even went further, and looked at the stats of great pvp players (again, myth and fire only) with ranks above 1000, and NONE of them had damage boost over 55% I mean, if boost is so important, then how come these players are so willing to sacrifice it? I can get over 70% boost on my fire if I wanted to, but do I care about it? No. Would I give up my 55% in 20% out healing boost for a damage boost over 60%, NO! And neither will any of my fire and myth warlord friends. What do YOU know that they do not."

Myth and Fire are the two Wizards that don't need high boost, why because they have all the tools they need. On the other hand, depending on the player's stratergy, High damage may be reqired. I can see why someone would say that High Gear damge is required, and I can see why someone would say that it is not.
Some (maybe many) may disagree with this, but I firmly believe that the players with Low gear damage, use a better stratergy. The ones with High Gear Boost, use a simpler stratergy in most cases. I am basing this on the past year of pvp.
Plus anyone knows on healing boost, if you can't keep alive in combat, you lose. The hits have increased so much over the last year, that staying alive is getting harder and harder with these big one hit attacks.

Just my thoughts,
Joe.

Well I was specifically speaking for fire and myth, hence the reason I kept mentioning them in my reply. Storm, on the other hand, does need high damage boost. Storm has no interest in prolonging a battle. The more a fight drags, the more I believe the storm is at a disadvantage. When I first hit the 1000's rank, I would encounter many storms who wouldn't even bother shield, or do it rarely. Storms wants to be offensive right of the bat and for the opponent on the defensive and start thinking about healing. But it is very different for fire and myth, these wizards have no problem in a long fight. Actually, the more a fight lasts, the more it may be advantageous to a fire and myth (ice as well). Thus, they don't need a high damage boost, however, they need high boost heal to be able to stay in the fight.

And I totally agree with you. In my experience, all the great pvp fire and myth wizards I know have boost around 49% or 50%, and they do amazingly great with it. I only started understanding that high boost was important when I was a commander. I would occasionally fight a warlord who would outlast me with heal boost, while my high damage boost did not make up for that.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I stopped my sub too- pvp is totally unfair-- try being a death wizard in pvp .. lol :)

They can take bad juju and feed it to the birds.

When there is nothing left to do in the game, pvp is all there is and all the new spells has really hurt death when they hand us bad juju which can be wanded off?? I'll take a spell like life guardian though, any of the other spells i would take in a heartbeat.. I'm checking out other games just b/c it's getting bad for me. It is too bad too, I've played this game since it shortly came out :(

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
KingIsle, you are great people, just I stand with doud all the way. I play pvp quite a bit and the nerve to see an Ice wizard who you cant kill, or a LIFE wizard who comes back to life and kills you. I hope you change these. A+ for doudj

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I agree 100% with you on this one. I mean, i see a ice with 5200 health and insane fire/storm resist. Their health and old resist is already insane! And yes, i only really PvP now a days.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Defender
May 17, 2011
I play wizard101 for the sheer joy of it. PvP no longer gives me any joy. So... there goes my usual, frequent payment of 20-25 bucks worth of crowns. Because of this uncool new PvP system. sigh... oh well!

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
i agree, I'm doing the same.. i hope they fix the ice resist i used to like this game

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
doudjy wrote:
Dear KI,

It was hard for me to take this decision, well actually, it wasn't...KI, you, made it very easy. I've posted on these forums before, though not often, so let me say this. I only play wizard101 for pvp. Now that I'm on vacation, I spend about 6 to 8 hours a day playing wizard101. It's by far the most exciting game I have played. Of course like every game it has its flaws, and KI has a great staff making improvements, however, recent additions to the game have just made it un interesting for me to keep playing wizard101.

Like I said, I only pvp. EVERYTHING I do in the game is related to pvp, i.e in order for me to become a better pvp player. For instance, I became a grandmaster artisan just so i could craft better gear for pvp. I spent HOURS farming so I could hatch to get better pets, buy reagents to craft etc. So, if I think that pvp is broken, I will not be interested in it, and if I'm no longer interested in pvp, I'm not interested in the game at all. I am far from being the only customer with the same mindset. KI knows that a large number of his customers are pvp hardcores, and will stop playing if pvp if pvp no longer works.

With the addition of Avalon, a lot of new spells come out. And I can't help but asking this question to your staff KI, do you guys even play the game that you're selling? I really don't think you do, or if you do, I think you guys only quest, and don't pvp at all. Because, if you did there is NO reason you would NOT think that a spell like Guardian Spirit would become problematic. Guardian Spirit has made pvp un attractive, and I will stop paying to pvp until you come up with a solution for it.

For those of you who don't know, Guardian Spirit is a spell (like an aura) that revives a player with 25% of his/her health if the player dies. But that's not all, life can also CRITICAL the spell, and since critical double the amount of anything, that 25% just went up to a 50% health back, but WAIT, there IS more, life boost ALSO affects the spell. So, the average life wizard has around 3800 health (with the new updates). So, you can see how it feels to try to bring down an ALREADY healer wizard with a "Guardian Spirit". This spell HAS to be change. Life wizards now spam the spell in the arena. They add elucidate on it, so it only cost them 3 pips, and they can keep casting it over and over again.

Currently, my rank is 1362, most of which has been acquired through 1v1 matches. Over 800 matches play, so I don't think ANYONE can school me on how to pvp. So if people are to going to reply with: "oh bring dispels", or "infections", or "doom and gloom", don't bother. I also change my strategy from time to time. Actually, I don't even have a fixed strategy, it all depends on who I'm fighting (i.e the school, and style of the player). My deck is set up in a way that I can use 4 different strategies in the same match! If you are a life wizard, that's great! You benefit a lot from it, and can thank KI for giving you a spell without thinking about the consequences.

I'm not even going to touch the so-not-worth-it new crafting gear. They are just a tiny update from the level 66 crafting gear, and I have no intention of wasting good reagents on them. But let me touch on ice's new gear that allows them to get over 80% resist to fire and storm, while STILL maintaining their huge health.

KI, I seriously am begining to think that you have no consideration whatsoever for Fire and Storm students. Last time you gave ice the possibility of getting 70% + resist to those schools, a lot of people came out and voiced their opinions against it. Yet, with these new updates you're giving ice even MORE resist to the same schools. And that's not all with addition of the piercing blades, ice can now cut through storm and fire's already low resist. So an ice who cast a spell with blades icespear, elemental spear and tc infallible will do A LOT more damage than a fire or storm who does the same. Because the ice has a monsrous resist.
Oh, and thanks for the no-use-4-pips detonate spell. Same for the useless trap version of supercharge.

This is fine, I have no interests, nor do my friends, to keep pvping in conditions like these. I will stil log in and talk to my friends as I have many of them, but you have given us ZERO interests to keep paying for pvp. Perhaps you do not even care, I am sure the number of people who don't care about pvp outnumber those who do. So, you'll still have plenty of customers. My friends and I just will NOT be of them.

Sincerely,
for those if you who read this before i edited it let me just say i made a mistake it was not doud that insulted me in the avalon forums it was sar(not his full name). so sorry about that but anyways o do agree with most of what you said except for a few things

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
I agree 100% with you on this one. I mean, i see a ice with 5200 health and insane fire/storm resist. Their health and old resist is already insane! And yes, i only really PvP now a days.
dude this ice school is really 'overpowered, overresisted, and overhealthed' one time i was versing this ice dude in pvp (he was lvl 32 i was lvl 42) and he had 300 more health than me, and my fire moves, helephant was only doing 390 damage, and when after the match (i lost badly duh) i checked his stats, he was resist 60% on storm, 56% fire, 41% ice!

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
Lol have u seen storm damage can go to 100+ this is sad i have an ice Lvl 80 she has 86 fire resist and 79 storm, ice is about resist and health storm is about damage so with the enormous damage and powerful spells dont u think we feel the same way? Hmm....

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
ajijatta wrote:
Lol have u seen storm damage can go to 100+ this is sad i have an ice Lvl 80 she has 86 fire resist and 79 storm, ice is about resist and health storm is about damage so with the enormous damage and powerful spells dont u think we feel the same way? Hmm....

Even if storm damage was 500 it would still hit for 0 when faced with 100% resist...
You can't really compare the two accurately.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
I totally agree with you doudjy. Last year I bought a full year membership so I could go questing and more importantly (ranked) PVP. I've been doing questing so I can increase my level and get more gear in PVP. But at this time im in Mooshu and I really don't see a point in continuing this game if I mostly always do PVP and it's constantly unfair. It was a good game in the beggining KI, but now I think your "ideas" aren't completely thought out. I mean I loved the game in the beggining but I'm not gonna waste close to 60 bucks a year to play a game that has CHANGED since the early days. I hope you can change KI, but for now, I'm taking a "break" from your game.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I don't need to see you pvp. I have read A LOT of what you post on these threads, and I can tell that you have very little comprehension of pvp.

:? You really need to see my wizard at one point, then you'll understand

Statements such as "ice is very, very weak" would NEVER come out of the mouth of even the best pvp player in the game. A good ice, which you regular find at the top of the pvp latter will give anyone , regardless of their school! The only reason you would make such statement is because the type of ice wizard you fight are very weak. An ice wizard with a rank over 1000, acquired through 1v1, is really good. You would know that if indeed you were in the same league.

Ice is weak, have you not noticed their damage? (Not resist-wise) No Ice wizard that I've fought, have ever managed to even get above my Availing Hands, I'm like a never-ending pvp opponent unless you stop my Guardian Spirit wand and other heals. Yeah, I've gotten a whole lot better at pvp, and I don't need to give up my stats to get heal boost, thanks to the items I already have. Trust me, once you get a Guardian Spirit wand, a life mastery amulet,
Pvp becomes a whole lot eaiser. Now my loss rate has increased, and my wins have gotten really high, I wonder if I can manage to get my rank back up after fighting a whole lot of Archmage

And no, the Ice wizards I fight aren't weak at all, they're above rank 1000, and they mostly earned it, except for the ones that did puppet teams and then rushed into 1v1 just to find out they need to start real pvp, which has gotten me a bunch of free wins

joujoucool11cool, but you don't sound credible at all when you say you have "many accounts warlord".

Yep, 2 accounts is many isn't it Not all of my wizards are warlord, just these schools:
Balance
Life
Ice
Storm
Death

Fire and Myth can wait, I have no interest in them for now... Until they finally get a little weaker.

By the way, I am looking at one of your older post right now in which you said you are "getting close to warlord", i.e you're not there. Hmm, I bet you didn't see this coming. So, which one of your wizard is warlord? LOL

Um, you read posts from half a year ago? Yeah, nice, you got a post from me from half a year ago when I was commander or something, nice job.

Really, how? I know a lot of great pvp player who were complaining about wild bolt. So, since you don't complain, I guess you're the best in the game. LOL

Believe me, Wild Bolt was a problem, but Guardian Spirit, really? It's a single Life spell that does no harm, much less the Life wizard can't do either. If you haven't noticed, Life doesn't have a DoT spell, nor a spell to remove your shields either, unless training another school, but sadly for the Life wizards, I know how to use my Life/Myth dispels.

By the way, I wanted to verify your statement and took the liberty to look at a bunch of previous posts by you, and it's funny, because I am reading one right now where you are complaining about ice being overpowered? Are you also "simple-minded" Hahaha! I also read a lot of your posts where you complained about balance being "nerfed", hmm, I guess you're lazy? Haha!

Congratulations for finding a post that was more then a year ago! You're on a roll! Yeah, um, I'm sure that people and things change after a year, don't they?

How lucky am I? I am reading yet another one of your thread ("balance goes underpowered" where you're complaining about fire and storm being overpowered, and how balance isn't doing enough damage. Oh wow, who would have thought? what's that? Mr. I don't complain talking fire and storm being too strong, or even how death does too much damge compared to balance? In that thread you're basically begging for balance to "do more damage than Life, Death, and Ice again".
I bet you didn't see this coming back to haunt you, wanna take these statements back? ok, go ahead... LOL

Okay, sure, take yet another post from more then a year ago. Yes, you sure got me doudjy.

Ahem: Do you know what after the release of Celestia is? Yeah, before Zafaria came out, Storm was called the overpowered school. Look it up. And Fire was also rated the most deadly school with Efreet. I was Magus, give me a break.

so now, not only are you warlord, but you also read minds? Did you use your super natural powers to read mind and saw that I struggled hard against life?

Um, sure, Mr. Guardian Spirit is unfair. Yeah, of course I didn't read that. I just read your mind... yeah, that's definitely right.

haha, or is it another one of your baseless statements? Because nowhere did I remember say such thing. I once posted against ice having 75% resist to fire and storm, while I was still beating them!

So if you beat them, then don't complain about it!

Last week I beat an ice with 93% resist to fire. 93!!! I still think it's unfair! Just because someone can beat a particular school does not very spell that school get is fair. So, what's your point? Complain=weak? Then I guess people such as darth are also weak, and since you're the only one "who doesn't complain", you're the strongest wizard here.

Nope, I have complained before.

I have had a lot of troubles, and if I was the strongest, you might want to check my loss rating Most of them given by Death...

Haha! Oh wait...you did complain about ice being "overpowered" (in the thread "ice") welcome to the club!

Yep, I did before, but I overcame it, just like I overcome all (Fine, most) strategies.

like I said, just because you can defeat a school does not mean that every spell they get is fair. KI is NOT perfect. They know it. They make mistakes and they come out and say it.

Yes, and you're not perfect either. (Your judgement on my pvp rank was WAY off buddy!) But I'm not perfect either, no, but I find strategies before I complain first.

I do 1v1 the most, yeah, but I join all sides of pvp, making me stronger and stronger, trust me, if you do all types of pvp, you'll notice how much better your 1v1 is, and you'll just destroy.

I have a huge mistake, and it's being unpredictable. For how unpredictable of a Balance wizard I am, it has cost me strategy, yes, but it improved me. I don't go out of my way to use a useless spell, no, but I will dispel you, and it won't make any sense to you, because this is what I get:
? Dude, are you crazy, why dispel me now? rofl XD

But then, this is what people say after what I've done:
Oh shoot, I'm dead.

My strategy relies on confusing, pvp isn't just about the wizard, it's also about messing with their mind and making them take tough decisions

Oh, really? Because I am reading a thread in which you said this: " Balance used to be the dominant school for me, but now it's the dominATED school. "
If balance used to be the dominant school for you, then how come you were STILL playing it?? Haha! Wanna have that one back too?

Just because I'm good at Balance doesn't me that I'll quit Balance, lol, I think you misunderstood. This is what I meant by "Balance was the dominant school for me."

I was really good at Balance, being one of those wizards who defeated Grandmaster at Journeyman (Level 18), before critical, and then at Adept/Magus I defeated Legendary wizards (Before WW gear came out). Until, at one point, I got to grandmaster, and then WW gear came out, but I hadn't realized what I needed. I always fought Legendary wizards, getting beat up, until finally getting to legendary then fighting back.

Haha! So you're saying that you prevent myth wizard from casting earth because of spirit diffuse?? A 5 pip spell? Haha! With statements like these, how am I supposed to believe that you're are warlord? So what if the myth is first, do you cast a spirit diffuse every round? lol
I mean, why hadn't anyone thought of this brillant strategy before?

You have got to be kidding me, I told you already, I use Elucidate, in fact, I have over 60 in my deck, Spirit Defuse would be 3 pips, and that would take out the Myth wizards 3 power pips, or even more pips gone if he/she had white pips. My strategy will never be revealed, believe me, I don't give you exactly what I do, because I don't like people knowing me before I PvP.

Brillant! By reading your post, I wonder how a life can ever cast a spell over 4 pips against you! I mean, even if their first, you will dispel them to death!
rofl

Yes, of course I would just say to all Life wizards when I will dispel them! Hey Life wizards! I use a dispel every so and so rounds, ha, you'll never get my strategy!

Because you've seen me pvp before...?
You've never seen me pvp, at all, trust me, I'm way better then how I actually say on the message boards. (Unless I said that I have million resist)

Oh thank you so much for informing us about life not having a DoT, because we obviously were unaware of this. sigh
Life wizards almost always carry myth amulet, and use earthquake and shatter, what you didn't know that? stop kidding...

Myth amulets aren't as important to Life wizards as you think Life wizards take them, even if so, the Life wizard would lose pips, same as me, but I'd obviously keep my pips up high. Btw, I use my blades a few rounds before I attack, I don't stack up lol. There are spells like Enfeeble you know, right?

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
Doudjy, I am only like 35% agree and the rest is disagree. I will explain

First of all, you cannot stop pvp or wizard101. you can stop playing but you can not stop it all together

Second of all, There is nothing wrong with the spells. Guardian angel can only be used once. BTW, The lvl 72 and 75 spells for fire are really helpful. the only thing is, time it right.

For example: Get all power pips, then rain of fire. pass, then detonate (This is level 72) Use backdraft when you have four or five power pips.

Third of all, they have tested most of everything. and the armor with 81% fire resist, easy piercing. use infallible, put unstoppable or extraordinary on one of your cards. then have fire spear and elemental spear. that is 60% or something pierced. then have some good damage. but watch their shields. before attacking, use a Earthquake or something to remove those shields.

There are only a few things KI needs to fix. One, have a KI person at every Arena match to supervise. and two, They need to have some hacker protection stuff.

For example, I heard that in this 2v2, the guys on sun and moon killed the guy on key. Then the guy on knife said, "Bye Bye" and then the guy on sun left. Then the guy on knife said, "Haha! I hacked your friends computer and made his computer turn off. Eat that ;D" I only heard about that.

For another example, I saw this 1v1 on you tube where the guy on knife hacked the guy on sun and figured out what his moves were and what was in his deck.

I hope this changes your mind and will get you back on your feet.

Tyler Firerider Lvl 77 pyromancer

P.S. Puppeting (where a high lvl teams up with low lvls) is ok and so is Treasure cards. for those who oppose, You just want to win.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
I agree all the way doudjy, as a long time PvPer I have noticed that in every level cap PvP has become less fun. For ice to have 87% resist to fire is completly unfair, if ice gets that kind of resist to fire, why doesnt fire get the same resist to ice, or better yet, just take it out of the game. My brother who used to love PvP as a fire has no become sick of it, and I also might not renew my sub when it ends.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
hmm. All these opinions are interesting and considerable...but do you ever look at the ice wizards point of view? It ISN'T exactly easy to craft that gear but you know it pays off in the END. I'm an ice I would know having completed Avalon. But have you ever considered something other than complaining or quitting like that? There are other ways to defeat an ice with high resist. I have many more than a hundred matches of experience. I am telling the truth. For fire wizards:Did you ever try your regular blades,fire spear,elemental spear,that fire trap version of super charge, treasure infallible and other treasure cards? That's quite a boost. Are you forgetting efreet? That subtracts 90% from there next attack! Or heckhound at full pips? Ice wizards are not invincible. Remember fire gets a strength boost. And I suggest a pet with pain giver it is a 6% boost. Hello? Spell defy is FIVE. IT obliterates a spell defy. And pain bringer, it can equal a spell proof boom the pets defenses are gone with a little damage to spare. Storm:the same things go just change fire to storm. Don't forget triton and levee. And that spell that takes away all blades. I'm ice and I enjoy giving these tips hope they help. Chris star stone the ice wizard

Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
Dillion7265, Prisms and piercing can solve your problems. if Ice had that much resist you can maneuver it with both high fire damage and prisms at the same time. also, pvp can get tough, but keep at it. you too doudjy

Tyler firerider, Lvl 77 pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 19, 2011
you know whats funny i see like bad storm shroud (gives 122 health, +2 armor peircing, 109 critical storm hit rating, +10 storm damage) for level 72 storm and fire spirits toasty helm ( gives 146 health, 2 armor peircing 108 fire critical hit rating 9 fire damage) for level 72 fire and yet i can't find any ice helms and my friend uses that fire helm alot which helps him alot so i'm just wondering where to find it please reply
artur wintersheild
level 76 ice wizard

Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
Shane machobban In The wild might help you. but for better armor (except shoes) go look for the guy with recipes in Dun Dara.(Looks like doran in the wyrd) It may help you in pvp (I love dun dara so I really want to get Legendary artisan and craft that stuff )

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
i'm an archmage fire and i agree it is totally infair with guardian spirit, i was fighting a life and they spammed it, and high fire and storm resist i fought an ice 100 fire resist that is unfair and overpowered another problem with the game is pets can rule the game with spam heals >_< another problem is that ice and life have become more powerful does KI even play the games?!?! i have lost 10 matches due to unfair resist to fire! even detonate is a waste of pips and backdraft is worthless in pvp now ice rules pvp just because of high ice resist

~amber rosesword lvl 80 archmage

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I don't think you should worry at all about pretty much anything with this Guardian Spirit with that rank. But that does sound annoying.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
Guardian spirit is easy counter. if it is cast, you can use it to your advantage. When they cast guardian spirit, get them to low health (Damage over time will be very risky) be sure she or he did not die. then put up 5 or 6 life dispel on her. then her pet will have a hard time spam healing. then use TC infection and TC mass infection the item card doom and gloom from the armigers amulet, and then kill her. when guardian spirit takes effect, it will do the healing of about 300. Since guardian spirit can only work once per battle, then you can kill her.

Be careful though. I have seen people with item card guardian spirit. there also may be a Tc guardian spirit. if the regular guardian spirit has already been used, they may spam guardian spirit and then when you kill them a second or third time, the spam guardian spirit will take effect a third time.

Ice does not have insane resist. it is there clothing. and it suits them best. and it doesn't matter whether or not you win. it is how you play. and They may have some weak attacks, they can still win with their awesome resist.
100% fire resist. so what? improve your amounts of fire damage. Mine is already 103% fire attack.

KI does play the game and they have tested the armor. it was mean't to be that strong. and to get around that high fire resist, try TC Extraordinary + TC Infallible + fire spear + TC fire spear + Elemental spear + TC elemental spear. then that 100% fire resist will turn into 22% resist. then use whatever boost you have and you will conquer them. Spam shields and have an awesome pet. Another way to try is with a few piercing tools and one prism. be sure you spam shatter too.

5 words: Doom and gloom TC spam. Those life students will more like be lifeless students (no offense)

10 matches? Don't feel downed. they have good strategy. if you are one of those people that does:

TC balance blade, Fire blade, Fire dragon, Fire blade, Fire trap, Fuel,
Wildfire, Fire shield, pass, Immolate,

I recommend you be less on offense and a lot more on defense. I also recommend you use Tc healing and Tc infecting and Tc shielding, you know. how the ice, life, and death types roll?

Detonate is not a waste of pips. but it is mostly recommended for 2v2. make sure you are both fire. like this:

First, do a ton of spam shielding, then, heal back to full. next, you kill one of them while your partner gets a ton of blades on him. make sure he lives too. then, put about 2 or 3 (5 or 6 if the one living is a life school) next, while your partner has full power pips, he or she will cast heck hound on the survivor. probably gonna do 130x14 + blades + traps divided by 3 for damage over time. or you can do it if you are on the sun or knife sigil. then you can cast detonate. it will do about 5,182.7343 damage.

But you are 50%/50% with back draft. back draft takes forever to become strong. It is mostly recommended for 4v4. and fighting Computer enemies in avalon. ( so not recommended in the outer yard )

Ice does not rule. they are good but they can be defeated.

One more thing. Ki, don't you take Doudjys first message as offensive, he is saying derogatory things and is mocking your spell ideas.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
hmm. All these opinions are interesting and considerable...but do you ever look at the ice wizards point of view? It ISN'T exactly easy to craft that gear but you know it pays off in the END. I'm an ice I would know having completed Avalon. But have you ever considered something other than complaining or quitting like that? There are other ways to defeat an ice with high resist. I have many more than a hundred matches of experience. I am telling the truth. For fire wizardsid you ever try your regular blades,fire spear,elemental spear,that fire trap version of super charge, treasure infallible and other treasure cards? That's quite a boost. Are you forgetting efreet? That subtracts 90% from there next attack! Or heckhound at full pips? Ice wizards are not invincible. Remember fire gets a strength boost. And I suggest a pet with pain giver it is a 6% boost. Hello? Spell defy is FIVE. IT obliterates a spell defy. And pain bringer, it can equal a spell proof boom the pets defenses are gone with a little damage to spare. Storm:the same things go just change fire to storm. Don't forget triton and levee. And that spell that takes away all blades. I'm ice and I enjoy giving these tips hope they help. Chris star stone the ice wizard
you dont look at the fire point of veiw? backdraft isnt useful in pvp by the time you can even cast that there will be fire shields or your almost dead! fire and storm dont exactly have the highest resist. efreet cant always save your life most people know when fire will use efreet and will wand it. plus for pvp you dont have the longest time to power up before you have to heal or are dead! it takes a bit of time for you to have full pips for a full heck hound! fire doesnt have the highest pip percetage (the highest i have seen is 70% percentage boost from rings pets and athemes) also ice may not be as strong as fire but they just need one mammoth. and should we just put in prisms just if we neet ice? ices armor has too high resist to fire and storm i think KI shouldnt make any school with higher resist then 60 80 and 100 are too high

Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
She did look at we fire types point of view. the thing is, KI thinks ice types needed to get stronger due to the amount of times the ice types get harassed about their abilities. they may not have good attacks. but the only thing that matters is their resistance.

Back draft is not useless. yet it is not a very good help. fire might be strong and know a lot of ways to defeat their enemies. . but they are slow as heck. I recommend having back draft in somewhere you can get protected. like 4v4.

Efreet can sometimes save your life. but if storm has over 90+ attack, they can turn the weakness efreet causes into waste. I saw a ice type with at least 25 resist to all but 105 damage. but the pvp rank scale is that if you 1v1, you will go against someone near your level. and they will know whether or not you will cast efreet by the looks of your pips.

heck hound is not the best choice for 1v1. But if you are willing to risk it, too words. Spam shields.

Btw, I am a fire type and i have a power pip chance of 86%. you know why? cause I bought the pagoda bundle

Mammoth is helpful to ice cause they combine the strength of fire with the amount of stun as a mythological medusa :P:P:P:P

Prisms can easily help. but do not get overusing with them. if they have a tower shield or a legend shield on, try to remove with a wand spell that IS NOT YOUR SCHOOL. but be aware of this. if they have an ice shield on before the prism, good luck doing anything. if you place another prism then they place a fire shield, then you will have to place another shield. also, try to spam shatters.

you know, I think that ice should have armor pvp only that gives them 120 resist every school. I know I am not ice. but I am stepping up for those ice types that get bullied. :D:D:D:D