Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips for big ben

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
I have just finished the counterweihts and now its time for big ben. I did katzenstiens lab with help (but defeated katzenstien by myself) and just barley passed the counterweights solo. I know big ben won't be easy but i will be tackling it sunday evening. I guess I just need tips like how many potions or summoning henchmen (have a bunch of crowns so I can buy one for probaly each floor wich I won't) I don't want to do it solo but hardly anyone is ever in marleybone in my realm so wich realm woud be best. I also helped out a friend once with a lot of people and defeated Spike so should I try to beat him solo? Thanks to all the people who can help me.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Big Ben like the counters can be re-entered as many times as needed, as long as you don't let the time expire or sign off. It requires patience and a bit of planning to do but can be soloed.

I made one pass with my Death wizard and had to re-enter twice with my Balance wizard doing it solo. To be fair I fell into playing death better.

I made use of going back down floors for wisps. I did not spill them milk for the extra boss fight - I buy no henchmen ever but the balance puppet is handy. I made sure my deck was right for mob fights then added more cards for top floor and had the proper gear for the level I was. I loaded spare cards in my side board and it went a bit faster with the death then balance but got her done. I am not good with using shields so I mainly run defensive fighting, go in trap up hit sort of routine. My ace in hole is all my wizards get a pet with Spritely.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
firedude6006 wrote:
I have just finished the counterweihts and now its time for big ben. I did katzenstiens lab with help (but defeated katzenstien by myself) and just barley passed the counterweights solo. I know big ben won't be easy but i will be tackling it sunday evening. I guess I just need tips like how many potions or summoning henchmen (have a bunch of crowns so I can buy one for probaly each floor wich I won't) I don't want to do it solo but hardly anyone is ever in marleybone in my realm so wich realm woud be best. I also helped out a friend once with a lot of people and defeated Spike so should I try to beat him solo? Thanks to all the people who can help me.
well listen, you will need at least one potion (though two is recomended). there will be two floors with red whisps, one floor with blue whisps, and three floors with loot chests (quest needed to get loot). you should probably get two wizards to help. dungeon time is about 50-1:30 minutes solo and 30-45 minutes with three friends.