Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If they can, Why can't we?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
It is really upsetting to see that the moment that you get into battle the creatures you are fighting use level 7 or 8 spells while we are stuck with level 3 or 4 spells no matter your pip rating! WHY IT'S AN OUTRAGE I TELL YA! I know that I am not alone in sharing these feelings especially when potentially we can have a pip rating over 99%! Now does that make any sense? K.I. please explain that one because someone's math is really messed up!

Sincerely,
The "Ravenwraith" Family

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The monsters work in reverse, if they did not start out with that pip amount they may never get that big hit in if you defeated them quickly.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
It is a way to increase the difficulty without modification to the artificial intentllegence (AI), which would be time consuming and expensive.

Eventually this will probably be changed, unless they code a new 3-pip blip.

Devin Darksong – lvl 70 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
So the game is a challenge. If you remember in the wizard101 test realm for Celestia we could get wands that gave 2 power pips instead of 1. This made the game extremely easy so at launch they removed them and lowered the strength of Celestia enemies. We have pet's that can heal us, boost our attack's, and improve our stat's. I am pretty sure that is enough to balance this issue. HOWEVER we do need to start getting wands that start us out with 2 extra pips. I say in the next world we get wands that give 1 power pip and a normal pip. And boss no auction wand's that give 2 extra power pips at the matches start.

Don't wish the game was easy hope it gets harder.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I'm not sure what level you are, but in the higher levels, the bad guys start off with 10 pips and can hit you with the highest spell right off the bat if they want.

You get used to it as you play, but if you're mostly playing solo, and you're not the first one to make the move, it can be devastating.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
TJCAR wrote:
So the game is a challenge. If you remember in the wizard101 test realm for Celestia we could get wands that gave 2 power pips instead of 1. This made the game extremely easy so at launch they removed them and lowered the strength of Celestia enemies. We have pet's that can heal us, boost our attack's, and improve our stat's. I am pretty sure that is enough to balance this issue. HOWEVER we do need to start getting wands that start us out with 2 extra pips. I say in the next world we get wands that give 1 power pip and a normal pip. And boss no auction wand's that give 2 extra power pips at the matches start.

Don't wish the game was easy hope it gets harder.

I love the challenge of the game too! :D, but i'm sure as much as we all love it, no one wants to have a huge chunk of their health destroyed at the very begining. We actually do need them now, it's the least they can give us if they're not gonna upgrade our new gear.