Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Archmage Gear Ideas

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Fire:
Hat
275 Health
12% Universal Resistance
6% Universal Accuracy
109 Fire Critical Rating
17% Fire Damage
3% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
Robe
450 Health
26 Critcial Block
13% Universal Resistance
9% Universal Accuracy
56 Fire Critical Rating
18% Fire Damage
4% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
Boots
175 Health
5% Universal Accuracy
10% Universal Resistance
36 Critical Block
15% Fire Damage
3% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health

Ice:
Hat
400 Health
14% Universal Resistance
5% Universal Accuracy
79 Ice Critical Rating
11% Ice Damage
2% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
Robe
600 Health
41 Critical Block
17% Universal Resistance
6% Universal Accuracy
41 Ice Critical Rating
14% Ice Damage
2% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
Boots
200 Health
4% Universal Accuracy
14% Universal Resistance
41 Critical Block
10% Ice Damage
1% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health

Storm:
Hat
200 Health
9% Universal Resistance
8% Universal Accuracy
119 Storm Critical Rating
20% Storm Damage
4% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
Robe
250 health
21 Critical Block
13% Universal Resistance
9% Universal Accuracy
61 Storm Critical Rating
25% Storm Damage
7% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
Boots
150 Health
8% Universal Accuracy
8% Universal Resistance
26 Critical Block
20% Storm Damage
4% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health

Life:
Hat
325 Health
9% PowerPip chance
11% Universal Resistance
89 Life Critical Rating
20% Life Damage
5% Incoming Health
5% Outgoing Health
Robe
525 Health
28 Critical Block
13% Universal Resistance
9% PowerPip chance
46 Life Critical Rating
21% Life Damage
5% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
10% Outgoing Health
Boots
175 Health
9% PowerPip chance
44 Critical Block
11% Universal Resistance
19% Life Damage
5% Incoming Health
5% Outgoing Health

Death:
Hat
275 Health
9% PowerPip chance
11% Universal Resistance
109 Death Critical Rating
21% Death Damage
3% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
Robe
475 Health
26 Critical Block
13% Universal Resistance
9% PowerPip chance
51 Death Critical Rating
24% Death Damage
4% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
Boots
175 Health
9% PowerPip chance
41 Critical Block
11% Universal Resistance
21% Death Damage
3% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health

Myth:
Hat
275 Health
13% Universal Resistance
6% Universal Accuracy
104 Myth Critical Rating
17% Myth Damage
3% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
Robe
450 Health
26 Critical Block
14% Universal Resistance
9% Universal Accuracy
51 Myth Critical Rating
18% Myth Damage
4% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
Boots
175 Health
5% Universal Accuracy
11% Universal Resistance
41 Critical Block
15% Myth Damage
3% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health

Balance
Hat
300 Health
9% PowerPip Chance
13% Universal Resistance
99 Balance Critical Rating
18% Balance Damage
3% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
Robe
500 Health
26 Critical Block
14% Universal Resistance
9% PowerPip Chance
51 Balance Critical Rating
20% Balance Damage
4% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health
Boots
175 Health
9% PowerPip Chance
41 Critical Block
11% Universal Resistance
17% Balance Damage
3% Armor Piercing
5% Incoming Health

Level 80 Ring
300 Health
200 Mana
16% PowerPip Chance
15% Critical Block Rating
8% Universal Damage
13% Incoming Health
13% Outgoing Health
10% Stun Resistance

Level 70 Athame
250 Health
150 Mana
14% PowerPip Chance
10% Block Rating
7% Universal Damage
12% Incoming Health
12% Outgoing Health
10% Stun Resistance

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Storm having pierce as a stat? Love the idea, i for one support all of this.

Explorer
May 15, 2009
I say scratch incoming health from the Death gear, and give them accuracy instead, and add some item spells to the gear as well.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
These are good. Right now I'm for anything that simplifies the gear choice. It has been said that at upper levels (Dragonspyre and above) that this is no longer a kid's game, that it has become an adult's game at those levels. I know my kid's could never make sense of the gear that is coming out now. That is one of the reasons for the success of the waterworks gear. It is not more powerful than it should be, but it is a good straightforward gear choice. We just want to see a natural progress in power, pips, accuracy, resistance, health, and the new piercing options. Right now we have level 30 wizards that get better power pips than our legendaries do. It makes no sense.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
No, no, no, no, no. I am completely against the idea of new gear. Everyone knows that ww gear was clearly meant for higher level wizards since we still can breeze through worlds ( let's be honest Avalon wasn't a challenge, it just took longer ). The gear is still up to date, plus if we have new gear we'd probably have to hear about how PvP is again ruined ( well it already is but you get the point ). Maybe a new athame and ring wouldn't hurt but I am not going for a whole new gear set.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
Armiger
May 10, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
No, no, no, no, no. I am completely against the idea of new gear. Everyone knows that ww gear was clearly meant for higher level wizards since we still can breeze through worlds ( let's be honest Avalon wasn't a challenge, it just took longer ). The gear is still up to date, plus if we have new gear we'd probably have to hear about how PvP is again ruined ( well it already is but you get the point ). Maybe a new athame and ring wouldn't hurt but I am not going for a whole new gear set.

Have you seen the stats on the new crafted gear? Do you know how little critical block waterworks gear actually has? I doubt you do. Not sure why, you think that a mild little 24 universal resistance for storm is so overpowering, or what makes you think it has totally unbalanced PVP. Do you even know how to pvp or know what Armor Piercing is? Maybe when you figure out how critical vs critical block work, you will agree with me, but it is obvious you are still in the dark on how it works.

Others clearly like the idea, however, you and maybe one or two others, out of millions think that waterworks gear is so overpowered, especially at 20 levels under what level we can achieve now. Sorry, you don't get it, but some of us do.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
monmop877 wrote:
1 question:

Do we really need gear that powerful?

We need better high level gear. We're lvl 80 wizards using lvl 60 gear.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
you guys are missing the point every 10 levels through 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 we got we progressed in gear upgrades now all of the sudden we stopped and aren't getting gear upgrades. they could at least make gear with better max health boost than waterworks and add pierce in them and a little bit more power. or resistance cause with pierce now these days resistance don't seem to help that much anymore.

btw avalon was a challenge and since we have no stronger spells or gear upgrades the next world is really gonna be hard to get through.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
darthjt wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:

Have you seen the stats on the new crafted gear? Do you know how little critical block waterworks gear actually has? I doubt you do. Not sure why, you think that a mild little 24 universal resistance for storm is so overpowering, or what makes you think it has totally unbalanced PVP. Do you even know how to pvp or know what Armor Piercing is? Maybe when you figure out how critical vs critical block work, you will agree with me, but it is obvious you are still in the dark on how it works.

Others clearly like the idea, however, you and maybe one or two others, out of millions think that waterworks gear is so overpowered, especially at 20 levels under what level we can achieve now. Sorry, you don't get it, but some of us do.

Yes I have seen the new crafted gear, they're all still not worth it ( except the boots I have that are amazing ). Its called using vengeance, and even only with the ww critical gear I critical a decent amount of times I don't need to critical 75% of the time. Every warlord or good PvP player knows to use defy and proof in pets for decent resist I have seen storm with 41% resist which is pretty good, considering thats what mine would be if I got defy and proof ( and yes I am using the ww gear ). And yes I do know how to PvP for I own a death commander ( used to be warlord but downranked for the arena gear ) and a life commander who has lost only 3 times and won 27 battles. Yes I know what armor piercing is, most people at archmages just use infallible and are pretty happy with it too. Of course everyone is up for the idea of new gear, but what people don't realize is how messed up ice's health will be ( prob around 6k or more ) storm will barely hit 3.3k, and then theres people who will complain for more damage or more critical or w.e and then people just have to waste crowns on stitching or the latest wand and people will complain about drop rates or difficulty to obtain such an item. I don't have any problems with your gear, but I'm against new gear for the reason that KI will probably mess up as usual and overpower or underpower some of the schools. WW gear was overpowered for its time, its better now but they're still better than any level 76 drop out there so maybe the next level cap they might put slightly better gear but not anything to an extreme.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
aless2209 wrote:
monmop877 wrote:
1 question:

Yeah so? You do know its advanced lvl 60 gear right? You people honest cannot grasp the point. KI realeased this which IS NOT PART OF THE GEAR LATTER, and probably never will be. I will state my question again:

Do we need gear that powerful to succeed in avalon?

Answer:No

If you cant do avalon with lvl 60 gear, there's something seriously wrong with you. If you know how to play this game, you can do avalon with lvl 60 gear.

But for some reason, you all insist on making gear WE DONT NEED. You want it, but do we need it?

By the way, waterworks gear doesnt come free. Its not like you buy it from the bazaar. It takes days to get the full set, while others would just rather buy there own gear. Its SPECIAL gear, or RARE gear, and doubt they'll be making another set. Its supposed to be one of a kind. ( but I think crafting gear will probably be best in the next world update )

So no, we dont need gear thst powerful to succeed in our aventures/quests in avalon.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
monmop877 wrote:
aless2209 wrote:
monmop877 wrote:
1 question:

Yeah so? You do know its advanced lvl 60 gear right? You people honest cannot grasp the point. KI realeased this which IS NOT PART OF THE GEAR LATTER, and probably never will be.

Do you work for Kings Isle? Do you know for a fact that this gear was or is advanced gear and will never be released again? I thought not.

I will state my question again:

Do we need more levels to succeed in Avalon? Do we need to become Archmage? Do we need new spells? Do we need new wands, rings, and athames? Do we need new pets? No, no, no, no, and no. But we get them. Do you fail to realize the obvious, it is part of the progression of our wizards and the game.

Do you realize that KI is changing critical factors and critical block? Have you not noticed, that unless you have crafted gear, you will hardly critical and if you do, it is usually blocked, especially by the bosses. No point in having critical if it is always blocked. Have you also failed to notice that the Bosses Generally do Critical and unless you have well over 100 critical block, you will not block the criticals.

If you cant do avalon with lvl 60 gear, there's something seriously wrong with you. If you know how to play this game, you can do avalon with lvl 60 gear.

Yes, and we can do avalon with the same spells and we can do avalon with the same pets, etc. But, the point of new worlds, new levels, new pets, and advancing is advancing, not remaining in the old gear, the old spells, the old pets. Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp?

But for some reason, you all insist on making gear WE DONT NEED. You want it, but do we need it?

You insist we don't need it, would you be happy if they just left us at level 60 then? No new spells, no new pets, nothing new, just the world? We dont need new levels, we dont need new spells, we dont need new pets, but we get them, why is gear so much different for you?

By the way, waterworks gear doesnt come free. Its not like you buy it from the bazaar. It takes days to get the full set, while others would just rather buy there own gear. Its SPECIAL gear, or RARE gear, and doubt they'll be making another set. Its supposed to be one of a kind. ( but I think crafting gear will probably be best in the next world update )

So no, we dont need gear thst powerful to succeed in our aventures/quests in avalon.

Nobody is asking for this gear to be free, or that it is offered for crowns. There is a final dungeon in Avalon that could have this gear as drops, same as most releases.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
monmop877 wrote:
aless2209 wrote:
monmop877 wrote:
1 question:

Yeah so? You do know its advanced lvl 60 gear right? You people honest cannot grasp the point. KI realeased this which IS NOT PART OF THE GEAR LATTER, and probably never will be. I will state my question again:

This gear is level 80 this is for the next world no one mentioned anything about level 70 gear.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
monmop877 wrote:
aless2209 wrote:
monmop877 wrote:
1 question:

Have seen seen how bad the zafaria and avalon gear are? The only good gear from those worlds are from crafting.
I agree that the ww gear is good, but we need better stats now. We need gear with more critical block, maybe more damage, power pip chance, etc.