Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Judgement is not overpowered.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Will evenone stop saying that Judgement is overpowered in PVP, as it is not.
At 100 hit per pip, it is clearly not overpowered.
Chimera does about 108 per pip.
Heckhound does 130 per pip.
Storm spells do well over what Chimera does.

I'm tried of hearing about Judgement and Feint, and the damage it does.
Balance cannot blade, without the chance of losing them to a wand.
Even then, the blades are the weakest in the game.

Most new spells can do just about as much damage, and even more on a per pip basis. So drop the whine on Judgement......

Here is the simple truth, add empower to your side deck, and take off the Feints.... Judgement is now just like any other spell, problem solved.

Joe.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
Lion359 wrote:

Most new spells can do just about as much damage, and even more on a per pip basis. So drop the whine on Judgement......

Here is the simple truth, add empower to your side deck, and take off the Feints.... Judgement is now just like any other spell, problem solved.

Joe.

Judgement is overpowered. All you need to do is stack blades, traps, colossal or gargantuan judgement, and use infallible; then use shatter or pierce and the enemy is dead.
And with their shields and heals, they will live long enough to cast a strong judgement.
That's how most balance wizards get to warlord so quickly.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
When did you get that idea? all the posts about that are really old, and if its some one in arena press ignore they just want to win.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Judgement is overpowered. All you need to do is stack blades, traps, colossal or gargantuan judgement, and use infallible; then use shatter or pierce and the enemy is dead.
And with their shields and heals, they will live long enough to cast a strong judgement.

Yeah! Judgement is overpowered! It can be boosted by so many blades and traps that don't cost pips, it leaves you with all of your pips, and takes a few seconds to stack up that the enemy doesn't stand a chance in defeating you in 12+ rounds! Wow! That's the most powerful spell in the game!

There isn't a spell that removes self traps! There is no such thing as Weakness! Steal Charm never existed! Wow, Judgement really has a major advantage on the enemy, I bet every Balance wizard uses it to get to warlord. The reason why most of the Judgement spammers can't reach over 600 rank isn't because it's the easiest strategy to overcome in the game! No, it's because they purposely lose or decide to stop pvping! Yeah! That's definitely it! I've never seen anyone defeat wizards that spam Judgement! No one ever carries a Balance dispel, right? Wow, I should really start using that strategy! I'll always win all of my battles and have a 0 loss rating in ranked pvp! I wonder why so many people stop using this strategy even though it's the most powerful thing in the game...

If you noticed, it was sarcasm. I've never lost to them, never seen anyone lose to them, never seen anyone getting below 300 health against them, nor have I ever seen a Judgement spammer actually attack before the opponent kills them. Why? This is how long it takes to set up a full powered Judgement with a pet that gives a lot of boosts:
Spell Round Pip amount after use
Balanceblade 1 6
Bladestorm 2 6
Dragonblade (Pet) 3 8
Feint 4 8
Hex 5 10
Pet Feint 6 10
Amulet Feint 7 10
TC Balanceblade 8 12
TC Feint 9 12
TC Hex 10 14
Shatter 11 12
Infallible 12 14
Judgement 13 0

Really, there are most things included that the Balance wizard must use:
Heavy amount of shields
Heals
Weaknesses

If you can't defeat a Judgement spammer, then you need to get working!

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:

Yeah! Judgement is overpowered! It can be boosted by so many blades and traps that don't cost pips, it leaves you with all of your pips, and takes a few seconds to stack up that the enemy doesn't stand a chance in defeating you in 12+ rounds! Wow! That's the most powerful spell in the game!

There isn't a spell that removes self traps! There is no such thing as Weakness! Steal Charm never existed! Wow, Judgement really has a major advantage on the enemy, I bet every Balance wizard uses it to get to warlord. The reason why most of the Judgement spammers can't reach over 600 rank isn't because it's the easiest strategy to overcome in the game! No, it's because they purposely lose or decide to stop pvping! Yeah! That's definitely it! I've never seen anyone defeat wizards that spam Judgement! No one ever carries a Balance dispel, right? Wow, I should really start using that strategy! I'll always win all of my battles and have a 0 loss rating in ranked pvp! I wonder why so many people stop using this strategy even though it's the most powerful thing in the game...

If you noticed, it was sarcasm. I've never lost to them, never seen anyone lose to them, never seen anyone getting below 300 health against them, nor have I ever seen a Judgement spammer actually attack before the opponent kills them. Why? This is how long it takes to set up a full powered Judgement with a pet that gives a lot of boosts:
Balanceblade 1 6
Bladestorm 2 6
Dragonblade (Pet) 3 8
Feint 4 8
Hex 5 10
Pet Feint 6 10
Amulet Feint 7 10
TC Balanceblade 8 12
TC Feint 9 12
TC Hex 10 14
Shatter 11 12
Infallible 12 14
Judgement 13 0

Heavy amount of shields
Heals
Weaknesses

I disagree.
Judgement is NOT overpowered, just as Lion said, just carry empower.
You can use tower shield exactly when the balance hits, or even more of them in case they use shatter.
''It can be boosted by so many blades and traps that don't cost pips''
Feint costs one pip.
The blade giving 20% dmg to all friends costs one pip.
Put tower shields in your side deck, and spam them.
Spamming is wrong? Well, maybe it is, but let's remember that in PvP you can do that, no one stops you, it isn't against the rules, right?
After all, if you put on like 3-4 towers, it isn't called spamming. And also, put normal weakness and treasure when the balance has full pips and blades put on.
There are ways to defeat a balance, and you could also attack them with moderate hits ( Around 1000) to make them heal and waste power pips.
Judgement totally represents balance, she wears the sword of JUSTICE.
Why did no one whine about fire?
Heckhound does 130/pip. Image it being 260 per power pip. It would be 1820 for a full pip, when judgement is only 1400 with full pip. With blades and some feint and detonate the target would be dead. Why? The first turn he would maybe have shields. Yeah, it breaks it, but after that if you use detonate and has feint on, the target would die or only have not a lot of health remaining. He/she would die next round. There are many ways to ruin Judgement, and as Lion said, their blades are the weakest in the game and you cannot spark someone if he/she has tower on without wasting them/feint/ whatever the balance has.
Plus, the balance remains with no pips after it casted judgement and you have time to heal.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:

Joe.

DragonBlade +30%, Equipment Balance Blade +30%, Treasure Balance Blade and Treasure DragonBlade +30% & +30%, Treasure Balance Blade 35%, Balance Blade 25%, Equipment BladeStorm +25%, BladeStorm +20%!

Just 1 feint +70%, Balance Damge boost +60%.

Now add in Armor Piercing and Critical.

No school shield. Of course, some are naive enough to say "Tower Shield" but again, every school is defended against by tower shield.

So, lets say tower shield for all of those that are insistant. Pierce, Pierce Train, Shatter. Not very hard at all to remove 1 tower shield, now is it. The only shield that defends Judgment.

And some want to complain about Guardian Spirit spell being Overpowered?
The nerve of some people and schools.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Well Darthjt, guess what.. I Can put just about
every one of those blades on every other spell in
the game, including Heckhound, Gnomes, Skeleton Dragon,
Medusa, and all the rest. Plus, I can add another six
or so blades on top of them. Making Balance the weakest
player in the game. We won't mention that the Balance
blades are the weakest in the game, either.

So lets see, how many rounds would it take a Balance to put
up those blades? Wouldn't matter, cause Life, Death, Balance,
Myth could use Earthquake to take them off.
storm can use it's new shatter Blade spell to take them off.
Ice can steal each one you put up, and now that only leave Fire.
Fire doesn't care, it can outpunch Balance all day long with
Heckhound, and if it goes critical, it's game over.

So guess what, you comments prove zero.
On the other hand, here is a few comments that mean something.

My brother's life has gone 31 and 0 with the Guardian Spirit spell.

In 2v2, 3v,3 and 4v4, the Guardian Spirit spell can be placed on
the other Wizards. Allowing them to boost up to 2000 on a death/heal.
All I have to do is shield my Life, and wait for the GS to be placed
ove my head. Now I set up my hand the way I need, and the game is ours.

Any team going in against a Life or multiple lifes, has no chance
at all, in PvP.

The title Warlord and high rank is meaningless now, puppet teams and
you new life spell have ruined it.

Joe.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Darkmoonight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Balanceblade 1 6
Bladestorm 2 6
Dragonblade (Pet) 3 8
Feint 4 8
Hex 5 10
Pet Feint 6 10
Amulet Feint 7 10
TC Balanceblade 8 12
TC Feint 9 12
TC Hex 10 14
Shatter 11 12
Infallible 12 14
Judgement 13 0

Heavy amount of shields
Heals
Weaknesses

I disagree.
You can use tower shield exactly when the balance hits, or even more of them in case they use shatter.
Feint costs one pip.
Spamming is wrong? Well, maybe it is, but let's remember that in PvP you can do that, no one stops you, it isn't against the rules, right?
After all, if you put on like 3-4 towers, it isn't called spamming. And also, put normal weakness and treasure when the balance has full pips and blades put on.
There are ways to defeat a balance, and you could also attack them with moderate hits ( Around 1000) to make them heal and waste power pips.
Heckhound does 130/pip. Image it being 260 per power pip. It would be 1820 for a full pip, when judgement is only 1400 with full pip. With blades and some feint and detonate the target would be dead. Why? The first turn he would maybe have shields. Yeah, it breaks it, but after that if you use detonate and has feint on, the target would die or only have not a lot of health remaining. He/she would die next round. There are many ways to ruin Judgement, and as Lion said, their blades are the weakest in the game and you cannot spark someone if he/she has tower on without wasting them/feint/ whatever the balance has.
Plus, the balance remains with no pips after it casted judgement and you have time to heal.
He clearly stated he was being sarcastic, you might want to read on.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Well Darthjt, guess what.. I Can put just about
every one of those blades on every other spell in
the game, including Heckhound, Gnomes, Skeleton Dragon,
Medusa, and all the rest. Plus, I can add another six
or so blades on top of them. Making Balance the weakest
player in the game. We won't mention that the Balance
blades are the weakest in the game, either.

Yes, you could put all of those blades on any other spell, you can also add a lot of blades to those spells too, however, you can also use a lot more shields to all of those other spells than you can with a balance spell. If you were to add every possible blade including supercharge and hit critical, with all the possible shields out there for storm, Balance would hit for more damage than storm would. This is a fact Joe, not a theory.

So lets see, how many rounds would it take a Balance to put
up those blades? Wouldn't matter, cause Life, Death, Balance,
Myth could use Earthquake to take them off.

Yes, Balance can earthquake to remove anyone's blades and use shatter to remove shields, just as any other school can. It is still a lot easier for a balance as there really is only 1 possible shield that work effectively. Not to mention the fact that Armor Piercing pretty much will negate that shield.

storm can use it's new shatter Blade spell to take them off.
Ice can steal each one you put up, and now that only leave Fire.
Fire doesn't care, it can outpunch Balance all day long with
Heckhound, and if it goes critical, it's game over.

Actually, sorry to correct you here, but Ice steals wards, not charms, fire is the school that steals charms. Also, I am not sure if you have checked, but Balance, can actually be immune to fire spells. So, all those blades and all those pips, and even that critical, would be worthless without a convert if the fire does not realize that Balance is immune.

So guess what, you comments prove zero.
On the other hand, here is a few comments that mean something.

My brother's life has gone 31 and 0 with the Guardian Spirit spell.

In 2v2, 3v,3 and 4v4, the Guardian Spirit spell can be placed on
the other Wizards. Allowing them to boost up to 2000 on a death/heal.
All I have to do is shield my Life, and wait for the GS to be placed
ove my head. Now I set up my hand the way I need, and the game is ours.

Any team going in against a Life or multiple lifes, has no chance
at all, in PvP.

You really should not have added the team pvp, because this makes you completely wrong on the Guardian Angel spell. Lets say you do have your life spell cast. Player 1 targets your team takes out your shields, player 2 targets you and makes your head bobble. Guardian spirit is activated and you are revived. Player 3 targets you and defeats you. So much for your guardian spirit. This can also be done in 2v2. So, what was your point again?

The title Warlord and high rank is meaningless now, puppet teams and
you new life spell have ruined it.

Joe.

Puppet teams have long since ruined pvp. Criticals have introduced a luck factor into pvp that serious players really can't stand. I will grant that Guardian spirit is powerful, but it's no different than some of the spells other schools get. Efreet, Power Link & Heckhound, WildBolt, Insane Bolt, Leviathan & Sirens, Wolly & Snow Angel, Frankie, Beguile, & Doom/Gloom, Judgment & Ra, Basilisk, Medusa, Earthquake & shatter.

So, it's perfectly acceptable for all schools to have multiple overpowered spells, but it's now forbidden that life gets 1 or 2 if you count gnomes.

WoW, just wow. I have heard of school biased, but this!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Darkmoonight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Balanceblade 1 6
Bladestorm 2 6
Dragonblade (Pet) 3 8
Feint 4 8
Hex 5 10
Pet Feint 6 10
Amulet Feint 7 10
TC Balanceblade 8 12
TC Feint 9 12
TC Hex 10 14
Shatter 11 12
Infallible 12 14
Judgement 13 0

Heavy amount of shields
Heals
Weaknesses

I disagree.
Feint costs one pip.

I was being sarcastic...

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Lion359 wrote:

Joe.
Skeletal Dragon is FINE as it is. You guys get your All Hit spell 10 levels before Life gets THEIR All Hit spell. Skeletal Dragon's damage is designed for one enemy, and does 200 initially then does 270 a ROUND without boosts or resists. That's 1010 damage from a DEATH Spell.

Snow Angel does 100 + 220 a Round to all, and draws attention to the Ice wizard who cast it. Base total: 760 an enemy

Forest Lord does 540-620 all damage where as Centaur does 515-595 to one.

Medusa only does 775 Damage and then stuns (unless its a boss) for 2 rounds.

Leviathan does 1030 damage to ONE enemy and destroys 2 blades (unless the enemy dies).

Efreet does 895 damage to ONE enemy and puts up a super (cleanseable) weakness.

Ra does 560-640 to all.

So let's put that all together when facing a lone enemy:
Life: 540-620
Balance: 560-640
Ice: 760
Myth: 775
Fire: 895
Death: 1,010
Storm: 1,030

Just from the total base damage, you're looking at the second strongest card against a single target. Now lets look at the Damage boost from the Waterworks (L60) Gear:
Ice: 34%
Myth: 47%
Fire: 48%
Balance: 53%
Life: 53%
Death: 56%
Storm: 67%

Huh... go figure, you guys have the second best Damage boost too!

So 1,010 + 56% = 1,575.6 before blades. Now you guys get 3 blades: Dark pact (30%), Spirit Blade (35%) and Death Blade (40%).
1,575.6 + 30% = 2,048.28
2,048.28 + 35% = 2,765.178
2,765.178 + 40% = 3,871.2492

So yeah, with just your gear and your blades you are doing 3,871 damage in the course of the 3 rounds (going first, 4 rounds going second). So please, don't whine about it not being an all hit spell. At least your Ominious Scarecrow card didn't get a major accuracy debuff. Thank you Johnist :)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Supernova955 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

Joe.
Skeletal Dragon is FINE as it is. You guys get your All Hit spell 10 levels before Life gets THEIR All Hit spell. Skeletal Dragon's damage is designed for one enemy, and does 200 initially then does 270 a ROUND without boosts or resists. That's 1010 damage from a DEATH Spell.

Snow Angel does 100 + 220 a Round to all, and draws attention to the Ice wizard who cast it. Base total: 760 an enemy

Forest Lord does 540-620 all damage where as Centaur does 515-595 to one.

Medusa only does 775 Damage and then stuns (unless its a boss) for 2 rounds.

Leviathan does 1030 damage to ONE enemy and destroys 2 blades (unless the enemy dies).

Efreet does 895 damage to ONE enemy and puts up a super (cleanseable) weakness.

Ra does 560-640 to all.

So let's put that all together when facing a lone enemy:
Life: 540-620
Balance: 560-640
Ice: 760
Myth: 775
Fire: 895
Death: 1,010
Storm: 1,030

Just from the total base damage, you're looking at the second strongest card against a single target. Now lets look at the Damage boost from the Waterworks (L60) Gear:
Ice: 34%
Myth: 47%
Fire: 48%
Balance: 53%
Life: 53%
Death: 56%
Storm: 67%

Huh... go figure, you guys have the second best Damage boost too!

So 1,010 + 56% = 1,575.6 before blades. Now you guys get 3 blades: Dark pact (30%), Spirit Blade (35%) and Death Blade (40%).
1,575.6 + 30% = 2,048.28
2,048.28 + 35% = 2,765.178
2,765.178 + 40% = 3,871.2492

So yeah, with just your gear and your blades you are doing 3,871 damage in the course of the 3 rounds (going first, 4 rounds going second). So please, don't whine about it not being an all hit spell. At least your Ominious Scarecrow card didn't get a major accuracy debuff. Thank you Johnist :)

I got np with Death, so I guess I agree.....

Joe.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
> Well Darthjt, I have to tell you, I have never calculated
the maximum blades a Wizard can do, cause I don't really care.
I could never use it in PvP, so it's a non issue.
Interesting that people have the time to do such things.
-------------------------

Darthjt Quote:
"Yes, Balance can earthquake to remove anyone's blades
and use shatter to remove shields, just as any other
school can. It is still a lot easier for a balance
as there really is only 1 possible shield that work
effectively. Not to mention the fact that Armor
Piercing pretty much will negate that shield."

> Oh you must be talking about the Armor piercing that
Balance didn't get. The one spell that cannot be
stopped and needs a School shield, that got zero
Armor Piercing, is that the one your talking about?
We are lucky, at least we did get it for our other
spells, (just that everyone else got 4% more).
Refresh my memory, what does it cost all the other
Wizards to cast their Armor Piercing, and what does
it cost Balance to cast 4% less?
-----------------------

Darthjt Quote:
"Actually, sorry to correct you here, but Ice steals
wards, not charms, fire is the school that steals charms.
Also, I am not sure if you have checked, but Balance,
can actually be immune to fire spells. So, all those
blades and all those pips, and even that critical,
would be worthless without a convert if the fire does
not realize that Balance is immune."

> I'm more than happy to be corrected and have better
knowledge than I did a few seconds ago, thanks.
Wow, I had never thought about that, I can go into
PVP and be immune to fire and then lose to everyone
else. So let's see, I can make one Fire Wizard flee,
but lose to 6 other wizards. Wait, this will be my
new stratergy, just wish I had thought of it years
ago.
------------------------

Darthjt Quote:
"You really should not have added the team pvp,
because this makes you completely wrong on the
Guardian Angel spell. Lets say you do have your
life spell cast. Player 1 targets your team takes
out your shields, player 2 targets you and makes
your head bobble. Guardian spirit is activated and
you are revived. Player 3 targets you and defeats
you. So much for your guardian spirit. This can
also be done in 2v2. So, what was your point again?"

> Let's see if I got this right, I am in 3v3.
I am asumming that I have three players alive against
one Life wizard. Must be the case, cause you don't say
anything about my friends doing anything. Maybe their
just looking at the bottom of their Mouse or had to
use the restroom or something.
So, I'm not attacking, just letting them build up
the perfect attack, so maybe I'm at the restroom too.
I would have to ask, if this battle had gone on this
long, why didn't I put Guardian Angel on my other players?
Oh, that's right, I was in the "other room" too, np.
THis was really a well thought out point, thanks
for putting it up....
----------------------

Darthjt Quote:
"So, it's perfectly acceptable for all schools to have
multiple overpowered spells, but it's now forbidden that
life gets 1 or 2 if you count gnomes.

WoW, just wow. I have heard of school biased, but this!"

> I have even seen a posting by you suggesting the Life
spell be changed. Does this mean that you are Bias too?

> I only see two spells in the game that are really overpowered.
Heckhound and Guardian Angel, and it could be that
Mana Burn could be added, depending on the fix that is done.
Right now, Mana Burn is useless, from First or Second, so
I see no reason to bring it up. Super nova is little more than
a joke, epecially since it canot have Gar or Colossal added.
Btw, same with Mana Burn, you can use Gar or Col on that either.

Heckhound has Triage, that is the one way you can defeat this.
Nice easy counter, and normally the battle will be short with
Fire anyway. I hate this spell, but it's alot like Judge in it's
own way. From first, it can take out a lot of Wiazards.

Guardian Angel is so different, it can generate a turtle
that can't be beat, in real game play. The point I can't
get across, if that if a Life Wizard is defeated, they come
back to 2000 to 4000 health. Even if I set up my deck perfectly,
I can't take them out.
Ok, Doom and Gloom, still lets them heal to a mimimun of 500,
and they come back with 1 pp. All they need to do is cast one
pixie, and they are back at 1500. I have to have a second set of
Blades and a 9 pip spell ready for the respawn. Setting that up
is hard, very hard. I really doubt that 90% plus of the players
in PvP can do that. To me, (maybe to no one else), that makes
this one spell, Overpowered when compared to any other wizard or
any other spell.
If it brought them back to 860 to 1000 health, I would have no
problem with it. Then with a Pixie, they would be close to
2000. Any smart or good Life, is not going to let you keep
Doom and Gloom up, period. So you have to make the choice,
keep doom and Gloom up, or take them out.
Darthtj, it's the amount of time this adds to the match,
that has me unhappy. It takes a long time to bring down
a life Wizard. Then to have them come back to 1500
one round later after the respawn, even with D&G up,
is hard to stomach.

I have only faced two LIfe wizards so far, but I can tell you,
they are not in the "other room", when they are playing.

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
> Well Darthjt, I have to tell you, I have never calculated
the maximum blades a Wizard can do, cause I don't really care.
I could never use it in PvP, so it's a non issue.
Interesting that people have the time to do such things.

There is a variety of things to take interest in Joe, it's what makes someone better. You need to calculate everything, like playing chess, you need to anticipate your opponents move and be prepared to counter each and every move. Think ahead, know what is possible and what isn't.

-------------------------

Darthjt Quote:
"Yes, Balance can earthquake to remove anyone's blades
and use shatter to remove shields, just as any other
school can. It is still a lot easier for a balance
as there really is only 1 possible shield that work
effectively. Not to mention the fact that Armor
Piercing pretty much will negate that shield."

> Oh you must be talking about the Armor piercing that
Balance didn't get. The one spell that cannot be
stopped and needs a School shield, that got zero
Armor Piercing, is that the one your talking about?
We are lucky, at least we did get it for our other
spells, (just that everyone else got 4% more).
Refresh my memory, what does it cost all the other
Wizards to cast their Armor Piercing, and what does
it cost Balance to cast 4% less?

Interesting, did you not read any of my posts? Balance can't get a balance specific Armor Piercing, it would make Balance attacks way too powerful, especially since there is no Balance specific shield. Hear you nothing that I say?

As for Elemental and Spiritual Armor Piercing, you say it is 4% less? Woah, hold on there Pilgrim, you need to count that again. Schools armor Piercing is 10%, Elemental and Spiritual is 6%, 6%, & 6%, is it not? Does that not make 18%? Is that not 8% more not 4% less? Come on, this is simple math.

-----------------------

Darthjt Quote:
"Actually, sorry to correct you here, but Ice steals
wards, not charms, fire is the school that steals charms.
Also, I am not sure if you have checked, but Balance,
can actually be immune to fire spells. So, all those
blades and all those pips, and even that critical,
would be worthless without a convert if the fire does
not realize that Balance is immune."

> I'm more than happy to be corrected and have better
knowledge than I did a few seconds ago, thanks.
Wow, I had never thought about that, I can go into
PVP and be immune to fire and then lose to everyone
else. So let's see, I can make one Fire Wizard flee,
but lose to 6 other wizards. Wait, this will be my
new stratergy, just wish I had thought of it years
ago.

Actually, there was a time when you could change gear before the match started and even add or remove shields, but they finally fixed that. However, there are things that can actually make balance close to immune on either Spiritual attacks or Elemental attacks, which covers 3 schools not 1. But yes, it leaves you open to the others, same as any other school, except Ice of course. The fact that these are possibilities need to be factored in. Did you know that Balance can be immune to Life attacks too. Just saying. Food for thought.

------------------------

Darthjt Quote:
"You really should not have added the team pvp,
because this makes you completely wrong on the
Guardian Angel spell. Lets say you do have your
life spell cast. Player 1 targets your team takes
out your shields, player 2 targets you and makes
your head bobble. Guardian spirit is activated and
you are revived. Player 3 targets you and defeats
you. So much for your guardian spirit. This can
also be done in 2v2. So, what was your point again?"

> Let's see if I got this right, I am in 3v3.
I am asumming that I have three players alive against
one Life wizard. Must be the case, cause you don't say
anything about my friends doing anything. Maybe their
just looking at the bottom of their Mouse or had to
use the restroom or something.
So, I'm not attacking, just letting them build up
the perfect attack, so maybe I'm at the restroom too.
I would have to ask, if this battle had gone on this
long, why didn't I put Guardian Angel on my other players?
Oh, that's right, I was in the "other room" too, np.
THis was really a well thought out point, thanks
for putting it up....

You erased your quote, to where you stated, that any team with a life or multiple life Wizards is impossible to defeat. That was your statement, not mine. It is very possible to defeat them and not as difficult as you think. If like is so busy casting the Spiritual Guardian, it wont be casting Rebirth to heal everyone. So, when you ask what the rest of life's team is doing, I would imagine they are standing there with their heads bobbling while waiting for life to get the pips to heal them, giving the other team plenty of opportunity to finish off that life wizard.

You give a scenario, I give you a way to Overcome that scenario. Try me.

----------------------

Darthjt Quote:
"So, it's perfectly acceptable for all schools to have
multiple overpowered spells, but it's now forbidden that
life gets 1 or 2 if you count gnomes.

WoW, just wow. I have heard of school biased, but this!"

> I have even seen a posting by you suggesting the Life
spell be changed. Does this mean that you are Bias too?

I am quite rational and not biased. I don't think the spell should be effected in any way or changed, but a limit on how many times a wizard can be ressurected in PvP is quite ingenious if you ask me.

> I only see two spells in the game that are really overpowered.
Heckhound and Guardian Angel.

Well, it's nice to see you are off the Shatter is such an Overpowered spell bandwagon. I seem to recall, you were quite against this spell in PvP. I am surprised you don't see Triage and Mass Triage as being overpowered, or Storm Hound. Everyone sees different things as being overpowered, what is usually overpowering to most, are things that they cant find a way to stop or defeat. Since they can't they give up and state that it's too overpowered. This is a typical response.

Guardian Angel is so different, it can't be beat. The point I can't
get across, if that if a Life Wizard is defeated, they come
back to 2000 to 4000 health.
Ok, Doom and Gloom, still lets them heal to a mimimun of 500,
and they come back with 1 pp. All they need to do is cast one
pixie, and they are back at 1500.

You are assuming that Doom & Gloom is all of a sudden down. You also make the assumption that Life is getting a Critical 100% of the time. Let's not over exaggerate things, let's keep things rational and realistic. Yes, it very well can be difficult to defeat a life that is going first, but they might not have every single card needed, at the exact time it is needed, that is PvP after all. I have also shown and given ways for every school to take out that 500 health from life after they are ressurected. How many more ways do you want? This spell does not make life immortal, just difficult.

I have to have a second set of
Blades and a 9 pip spell ready for the respawn. Setting that up
is hard, very hard. I really doubt that 90% plus of the players
in PvP can do that. To me, (maybe to no one else), that makes
this one spell, Overpowered when compared to any other wizard or
any other spell.

Again, you are going with Life will get full Health back during respawn. And that it requires a fully bladed 8 or 9 pip spell to defeat life after a respawn. I assure you, it does not.

If it brought them back to 860 to 1000 health, I would have no
problem with it. Then with a Pixie, they would be close to
2000. Any smart or good Life, is not going to let you keep
Doom and Gloom up, period. So you have to make the choice,
keep doom and Gloom up, or take them out.

How is this any different from any of the other Global Environmental spell wars that is going on? Ice/Fire/Storm/Myth/ now Death/Life are relavent and requirements in PvP. I don't see the complaint. It always come down to choices, what do you allow and what to take down, when to attack, when to wait, when to heal, when to defend. Sounds like PvP to me.

Darthtj, it's the amount of time this adds to the match,
that has me unhappy. It takes a long time to bring down
a life Wizard. Then to have them come back to 1500
one round later after the respawn, even with D&G up,
is hard to stomach.

Joe.

People have posted that life does not attack and this might have been true for their battle. Life very well can have attacks. However, especially if life has attacks ready, it will make it a lot easier to defeat a life that is trying to defeat you, rather than a life that is trying to life forever. Why? Because then life has blades, triage, attacks, buffs, etc, not always heals, not always Guardian Spirit, not always that Fairy after it's defeated.

Time is always a factor in PvP, especially with good players. Look how long it takes to defeat Ice, why should life be any different. It's possible, you just have to devise a strategy and be ready for it.

Yes, the fact that you don't know who you are facing in Ranked PvP plays a factor, but then again, as I have always stated, a Good PvP player is ready for anything.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Quote Darthjt: "As for Elemental and Spiritual Armor Piercing, you say it is 4% less? Woah, hold on there Pilgrim, you need to count that again. Schools armor Piercing is 10%, Elemental and Spiritual is 6%, 6%, & 6%, is it not? Does that not make 18%? Is that not 8% more not 4% less? Come on, this is simple math."

Darthjt,

You must have been laughing really hard writting this, at least it gave me a good laugh. The 4% is correct, your 18% has humor, and I'll leave it at that.
Work out the math, and you will see your flaw, if you didn't mean it as a joke. I have to believe that you really were just joking.

Joe.

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
Judgement is only powerful if the user uses it correctly, for example, a sword cannot do much without a wielder - X pip spells are no different. When a balance wizard is level 28, they often do weak judgements but when there's a level 60+ (around about there) judgement is very, VERY powerful, with gargantuan and all that.

Overall, I don't think judgement is overpowered - it's just... Judged as overpowered

Jasmine Icebringer - Never insult a judgement infront of me, unless you live near a hospital.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
As for Elemental and Spiritual Armor Piercing, you say it is 4% less? Woah, hold on there Pilgrim, you need to count that again. Schools armor Piercing is 10%, Elemental and Spiritual is 6%, 6%, & 6%, is it not? Does that not make 18%? Is that not 8% more not 4% less? Come on, this is simple math.

6 percent per head of the Hydra, it doesn't add up. But I'm with Joe, I think you were joking too...

Explorer
May 08, 2010
i know right! they complain about judgement but not heckhound? heckhound does 30 more than judgement :x now look judgement can be overpowered but triton can do more i used it ( treasure getting one in a million i did make it but i didnt get the badge ) does one million really stop compaling o. o level 52 balance elijah thunder breath ususally doing malistaire to get storm hound or balance robe gives judgement

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
aless2209 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

Joe.

Really? We need to waste all our turn's to get full power pips with all those blades and traps how is that overpowered?

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
I don't believe you because they always enchant there judgements.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Ok, so you people say that heckhound does more than judgement, right?
Well then, let's test that.

with every possible blade and trap for max damage tc included. traps will be tripled as for each round it should do max damage. also, all possible shields for it will be included. auras (star spells) are not included and critical isn't either

Heckhound: Roughly about 25,166,745 damage per round. now for the shields! new amount: 468 damage per turn. a total of 1404 damage. (forgot to include hex but i don't want to recalculate that again)

Now judgement: 5656 damage with every possible shield. That's allot more than heckhound now isn't it? (I left hex out of this one because i needed it to be even)

but wait! i'm not done just yet! the largest resist to all schools have to be included now huh!

Heckhound: -9 damage per round

Judgement: 1583 (yes i have seen 72% resists to all)

So, now you want me to include armor pircing too? ok let's see here

heckhound: 238 per round without critical. 477 with.

judgement: 3563 damage without critical. 7126 damage with critical.

Golly gee, that dern hekhownd sher iz sdrongerr den dat der judjjmint!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
i beleive jugement is not over powered as long as you know what your doing. if you got skills then you should be fine but even if you do and youve lost to jugement well guess what everybody looses a match every so often. but if you people really beleive its just that powerful then i guess its time to slap all balance wizards in the face with a nerf just like the way you sucker pucnched all life wizards in the game i mean you guys literaly just didnt like how they loved there new spell and how they used it in pvp so you just basicly forced ki to nerf there spell right in front of them for the sake of pvp witch is not the sole base of this game.
so do you guys still want to nerf jugement?

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
It's funny every is saying judgement is over powered really? really really?
Tell me this have you ever actully tried to boost a judgement in pvp it takes a along time to do that while playing normaly first you need to stack up the traps and blades then you may add other stuff to as well there are no geranties that you will get all power pips so if you want that you have to find one pip spells oh and what ever you do dont use a wand or it will remove all that hard work you just put in.

now while you doing all this there is another person who is also building up. most likely it wont take them as long to build up an attack excpeshly if its storm. they will hit you and it will either kill you or put enough damage on you to make you want to heal up. so now you have to use those valuable power pips to heal now you have to make a chose should i heal or die hmm. yes given enough time with the other person sitting there like a knott on a log judgement can be very powerful its the best attack we have really ( or thats my opinan not everyones) to take that away because of pvp is not only unfair it would greatly reduce the real games experiance.

I truely wish people would leave it alone that they would stop complaining about every little thing. That pvp would stop ruining so much of the rest of the game. Will that happen most likely not. What will i do about it well if it gets bad enough i will just stop playing. But i know I cant have everything that i want. I was raised with a saying about wanting in one hand and if your old enough you know the rest. You guys just need to have fun if pvp is not fun for you then you really need to find something else to do because It's a game. Just like with the new pet thing oh my gosh i am not even going to try it because i would rather do something more fun. oh well starting to ramble you guys just have fun playing and stop complaining so gosh darned much!!