Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Understanding Talents Tutorial

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Hi everyone! This is your friendly Life Archmage's speaking!
Today I would like to teach you something about understand how
pet latent's work and what the difference is between learning a new
ability and already getting them! First off I want to tell you that if you have
hatched a pet with someone that has unicorn, spritely, defy and proof for example and your pet got there talent slots well no matter what you feed or how you train that pet. This pet will learn the talents of the pet you hatched with. Second depending on talent slots is what your most likely going to get, if you have a pet with a lower pedigree it isn't very acceptable to learning a very rare or epic talent such as the one's I have stated above. So how to fix this you need to hatch with someone with those talents to not only raise your pet's pedigree but to also raise it's talent slots. Last but not least, understand how a lower level pet can learn those talent's but is very rare and hard to do.
If you want a low level pet to learn defy or proof well then what you need to do is get a pvp pet such as the mystical imp! this pet can learn defy and proof and low levels. then take this pet unlock its talents until you have got either of those then take this pet and hatch it with another pet that you want to use. Once you have done that then work on this new pet and it will learn defy and proof. Now what you need to do is once this pet has learned those talents only hatch with people of the same talents your pet had, only if it is sprite, unicorn, defy, proof, tower. anything that will help you. If you get a talent you don't want on this pet well that is fine, just get the one's you want and then to get rid of this talent take that pet and hatch it with someone. For example if you have a gnome pet with defy, proof but tenacious and sprite and don't want tenacious well then what you do is take this pet and only hatch it with someone that has defy, proof, unicorn and sprite, if this is done and you get there stats your defy and proof will raise in defense, along with you will keep sprite but tenacious will be replaced with unicorn. Hope this help's a little. I am sure there are other's out there that know this already so keep up the good work with the pet's and for those who don't know I really hope this help's you understand how pet's work on wizard 101.

Sincerely,
Archmage Mackenzi