Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why no Mass Hex for Bal

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
As a balance wizard who uses ra and power nova lots I would have loved to see a reduced amt of a mass hex like a 25% instead of the 30% hex to one enemy. Ra and power nova need lots of buffing to kill the npcs. And to take time to put up two blades on yourself and then to try to hex each individually just takes too long when trying to shield against their attacts (pve) etc. What I would have like to see instead of remove an aura is the mass hex.. I don't want to remove auras I want a hex like a windstorm. That would have been great to me and my balance friends. We want a mass hex please KI give us a mass hex.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Hard to kill the npc's (Mobs to be exact)? I find myself doing 1700 with just 1 blade! Mass Hex would be kill, but a little... lame. Why want it in the first place? Just to make Balance overpowered in 4v4? Balance would boost up their teammates like oil on fire. Just imagine this: A Balance wizard using Bladestorm, then a Storm wizard in their team using a Windstorm, then the Balance wizard uses Mass Hex, and then Storm wizard uses Stormblade, and then the Balance wizard uses Bladestorm or Dragonblade on the Storm wizard, and then the Storm wizard uses Storm Lord or Tempest. And if the enemies aren't down, the Balance wizard would use Power Nova or Ra to finish it. Balance has enough boosts itself:
Balanceblade
Bladestorm
Hex
Elemental Blade
Spirit Blade
Dragonblade

Also, why not ever use treasure versions of Gargantuan? Or just maybe even invest on some Colossals? Balance is fine the way it is, except for the spears...

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Since Storm already has dibs on the whole mass trap ability, I think it'd be better to have a different blade-centered spell. To be honest, I don't think Balance really needs anymore blades or traps; what we need is a global shield or a prism.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
I do not want another blade that myth enemies can remove with earthquake. And balance already has a group blade why would they make another. A mass hex is what we need...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Since Storm already has dibs on the whole mass trap ability, I think it'd be better to have a different blade-centered spell. To be honest, I don't think Balance really needs anymore blades or traps; what we need is a global shield or a prism.

lol Woah, hold on there partner, no offense, but is balance not made up of all schools? Does Balance not have healing spells? Life's Dib. Does Balance not have multiple minions? Myth's Dib. Does Balance not attack with either Elemental attacks or Spiritual attacks?

So, why oh why, could balance not get a Mass trap spell? Balance is after all, made up of all schools, is it not?

One last thing, how is it exactly that 1 spell, windstorm, giving Storm entire dibs on mass trap spells? I honestly don't get why, 1 or 2 spells in a school, and all of a sudden, it totally belongs to them and is off limits to any other school. What's up with that?

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
joujou11cool wrote:
Hard to kill the npc's (Mobs to be exact)? I find myself doing 1700 with just 1 blade! Mass Hex would be kill, but a little... lame. Why want it in the first place? Just to make Balance overpowered in 4v4? Balance would boost up their teammates like oil on fire. Just imagine this: A Balance wizard using Bladestorm, then a Storm wizard in their team using a Windstorm, then the Balance wizard uses Mass Hex, and then Storm wizard uses Stormblade, and then the Balance wizard uses Bladestorm or Dragonblade on the Storm wizard, and then the Storm wizard uses Storm Lord or Tempest. And if the enemies aren't down, the Balance wizard would use Power Nova or Ra to finish it. Balance has enough boosts itself:
Balanceblade
Bladestorm
Hex
Elemental Blade
Spirit Blade
Dragonblade

Also, why not ever use treasure versions of Gargantuan? Or just maybe even invest on some Colossals? Balance is fine the way it is, except for the spears...

dude 1700 is weak ,lol thats why balance needs mass hex, the npc's in Avalon have 4k ,blance is an aoe class, we have 3 area spells, in which balance has the most area spells, so yes we do need that and, we have already trained colossal,all the increased damage astral spells we have, why waste gold on TC for i never use TC i fall back on my original class spells, and also we arent talking about pvp, my wife said npc's that would be pve we dont care about pvp, all we have to do is judge ftw!! ,and we arent speaking about storm class seems as if you get off track just to troll someone post, if you just want to whine about how much more op balance will be , think again, that would be storm, and we both have 70 storm wiz's, we are not trying to make balance more powerful, we are looking for seamless play without some funky wierd set of things you have to do to kill NPC's the mana burn, we had to reconfigure with a fizzle to get to work properely, which is ridiculous, plain and simple balance needs a mass hex for our area spells unlike death with 1 , myth with 1, storm with 2, life with1, fire is nothing but DOT's and some sinbgle shots, frost is tank and very lil damage 1 snow angel, and that leaves balance with 3 the most aoe .so why not put a mass hex with that tiny lil 1700 damage

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Heather824 wrote:
As a balance wizard who uses ra and power nova lots I would have loved to see a reduced amt of a mass hex like a 25% instead of the 30% hex to one enemy. Ra and power nova need lots of buffing to kill the npcs. And to take time to put up two blades on yourself and then to try to hex each individually just takes too long when trying to shield against their attacts (pve) etc. What I would have like to see instead of remove an aura is the mass hex.. I don't want to remove auras I want a hex like a windstorm. That would have been great to me and my balance friends. We want a mass hex please KI give us a mass hex.

This is something I'd like to see as well. But the reason KI won't give us a mass hex is because the other schools (Storm and Death, in particular) will all cry about us being overpowered and spam the boards for a Balance shield.

-

@Dawgbiscuit- YES. 1700 is weak, when Forest Lord can do 3x that, for one extra pip. People forget that Balance doesn't have stackable, school-only blades/traps, like the other schools do. For example:

Us: Balanceblade (+25), Bladestorm (+20 to all), Dragonblade (+30, TC only), Hex (+30).

Elemental (+35) and Spirit (+35) blades/traps (+40/30 TC versions) are only /really/ useful for Hydra and Chimera- using it for Spec is a bit pointless, since it's too random (and the people who claim they can "control" Spectral Blast are making it up- I've tried all of the "methods" posted and debunked every, single one... except the one about patting your head for a Storm strike- that works 100%, every time... /eye-roll).

Anyway... (traps aren't listed, because I'm sick and, therefore, too lazy to fix it right now).

Death: Deathblade (+40), Spirit Blade (+35), Dark Pact (+30 for 300 to self/less, if you know how to shield properly), treasure Deathblade (+45), treasure Spirit Blade (+40), plus all of the above.

Life: Lifeblade (+40), Spirit Blade (+35), plus all of the above.

Myth: Mythblade (+35), Spirit Blade (+35), plus all of the above.

Fire: Fireblade (+35), Elemental Blade (+35), etc...

Ice: Iceblade (+40), Elemental Blade (+35), blah blah...

Storm: Stormblade (+35), Elemental Blade (+35), Supercharge (+ X), yada yada yada...

I can make Ra or Nova hit for 3K (with just one blade, Amp, and a lucky critical. But we shouldn't have to rely on critical to hit as hard as the other schools. And forget about the annoying mobs who spam Death Ninja Pigs- can't get rid of the ensuing Weakness trap without giving up something... two choices: wand it off, taking your blade with it and hope you find another one, or cast a weakened Spec/something at -25. Either way, LAME.

(I've taken to packing Cleanse Charm TCs, but shouldn't /have/ to rely on them.)

-

@ Darthjt- it would appear that, for once, we agree on something.

/long, ranty post.

L.S.
transcended/76

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Dawgbiscuit wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Balanceblade
Bladestorm
Hex
Elemental Blade
Spirit Blade
Dragonblade

dude 1700 is weak ,lol thats why balance needs mass hex, the npc's in Avalon have 4k ,blance is an aoe class, we have 3 area spells, in which balance has the most area spells, so yes we do need that and, we have already trained colossal,all the increased damage astral spells we have, why waste gold on TC for i never use TC i fall back on my original class spells, and also we arent talking about pvp, my wife said npc's that would be pve we dont care about pvp, all we have to do is judge ftw!! ,and we arent speaking about storm class seems as if you get off track just to troll someone post, if you just want to whine about how much more op balance will be , think again, that would be storm, and we both have 70 storm wiz's, we are not trying to make balance more powerful, we are looking for seamless play without some funky wierd set of things you have to do to kill NPC's the mana burn, we had to reconfigure with a fizzle to get to work properely, which is ridiculous, plain and simple balance needs a mass hex for our area spells unlike death with 1 , myth with 1, storm with 2, life with1, fire is nothing but DOT's and some sinbgle shots, frost is tank and very lil damage 1 snow angel, and that leaves balance with 3 the most aoe .so why not put a mass hex with that tiny lil 1700 damage

1700 damage is weak in for 1 blade? Oh! Well, why not add Dragonblade! 2300! I can use up to 2 blades before I ra, so I don't think that 1700 would be a max that I can do. This is what Balance wizards can do (I am one, so trust me)
915+80%(Damage boost), critical+25%+30%+20%+Infallible armor piercing and accuracy boost, is that so weak? That would be 6422 damage, much more then what you need to kill a mob. All it takes is... 3 rounds to do that.

I forgot to point out That the 1700 was without critical.

Wait, I got my calculator and found out I made a mistake, the 1700 damage with a blade was for pvp, it would do 2058 damage. Still, that's not what I'd call weak for just a blade, considering it only costs 8 pips and hits all enemies. Max Hex would let Balance do 8027 damage, which is way too much! Again, Balance is perfectly fine the way it is, and does not need improvements.

And to correct you, Balance does not have 3 AoE's:
Sandstorm
Power Nova
Ra
Supernova

That's 4

Storm got Windstorm because they're the power school, and Windstorm would still be very useful in 1v1. I can list all of the boosts that Balance wizards can get to boost up a simple Ra:
Balanceblade
Dragonblade
Bladestorm
Dark Pact
Amplify
Vengeance
Infallible
Hex
Curse
Feint
Tough
Strong
Monstrous
Gargantuan
Colossal
Keen Eyes
Accurate
Sniper
Unstoppable
Extraordinary

Balance can get a whole lot, just like any other school, and Balance is NOT a 4v4 school, I hate it when people say that! :?

and we arent speaking about storm class seems as if you get off track just to troll someone post, if you just want to whine about how much more op balance will be , think again, that would be storm, and we both have 70 storm wiz's

1. I've never said that Balance was overpowered. I may have said that Balance is the best school, but it's because people say and think it's so weak that it's fun to play with, because they're right, Balance can be weak at times, but it can be as destructive as a Storm wizard, possibly even more destructive.

2. Yeah, I have said that Storm and Balance combo would be insanely overpowered.

3. I'm not here to troll someone's post and to talk about pvp I'm using examples of why Balance shouldn't get Mass Hex, and pvp is one of the biggest factors of the game, so I had to bring that up.

why waste gold on TC for i never use TC i fall back on my original class spells

I don't use TC attacks, but I do enchant my attack spells with TC's all the time. Why spend training points on a Gargantuan that boosts only 225 damage instead of boosting 250? Also, you can draw attacks whenever you need to in your next battle.

.so why not put a mass hex with that tiny lil 1700 damage

To a Storm wizard, that would be considered an almost K.O hit.

Yep, I'm a pvp guy, and I never stop doing it The overall message:
Balance is fine the way it is, because Balance is getting a HUGE jump as well as Life and Death, so Balance is fine... for now.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
darthjt wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

lol Woah, hold on there partner, no offense, but is balance not made up of all schools? Does Balance not have healing spells? Life's Dib. Does Balance not have multiple minions? Myth's Dib. Does Balance not attack with either Elemental attacks or Spiritual attacks?

So, why oh why, could balance not get a Mass trap spell? Balance is after all, made up of all schools, is it not?

One last thing, how is it exactly that 1 spell, windstorm, giving Storm entire dibs on mass trap spells? I honestly don't get why, 1 or 2 spells in a school, and all of a sudden, it totally belongs to them and is off limits to any other school. What's up with that?

I would just like to point out you are not giving a valid point to your view. Your view is that they should have Mass Hex cause they are not made up of all schools, and quoting the last guy. Number one, their boosts go through the roof, for example balance has Dragonblade, Bladestorm, Balanceblade, etc. Do you see any other school with the same amount of blades? I didn't think so and don't even get me started on the traps. I swear if my fire wizard have those balance spells id be beast. It just wouldn't be plain fair also. They would have to give it to every other school, Storm sort of apologizes for their windstorm with low accuracy. Balance is the total package, it can heal. It has helping hand. It can trap, blade, and attack really well. So i am sure you are just fine with what you have.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Balance has only one blade that we can use without wasting pips. The 25% blade that's pretty wimpy. The only 'in school' blades we can use to boost Nova or Ra are 25% and 20% (costing one pip, or an entire power pip).

That's not much of a boost compared to what other schools get. Plus, Balance damage is pretty weak anyway. We need to have some sort of blade(s) or trap(s) that we can actually use for the basic Balance spells.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
stephiepeffie wrote:
darthjt wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I would just like to point out you are not giving a valid point to your view.

No, AkihiroHattori5 was not making a valid point, hence my reply to him. Unfortunately for you, you replied to me, making you fair game.

Your view is that they should have Mass Hex cause they are not made up of all schools, and quoting the last guy. Number one, their boosts go through the roof, for example balance has Dragonblade, Bladestorm, Balanceblade, etc.

Actually, Balance has Balance Blade and Bladestorm, those are balance's only 2 blades. If you wanna be factual, be factual. Any school can get a pet with DragonBlade, or use DragonBlade treasure cards. Also, other schools, including Balance, have school blades that are on Gear/Equipment. Balance gets a 30% Balance blade, while storm gets a 35% blade, fire gets a 40% blade, Myth gets a 40% blade, and Life, Death, and Ice get a 45% blade. Then you can add in treasure card blades and Balance blades and dragonblades for other schools, while balance can only use Balance and Dragonblades for balance specific attacks. Not to mention that the other schools can use Spiritual and Elemental Blades and Treasure Spiritual and Elemental Blades. Now, who is outboosting whom?

Do you see any other school with the same amount of blades? I didn't think so and don't even get me started on the traps.

If you follow what I just posted, everyone is outboosting Balance, ever single school outboosts balance, no school can't outboost balance. You really wanna get started on traps? Cause traps are no different and every school can out trap Balance, especially fire, with the new Backdraft spell that gives a +15% per pip trap, for essentially a 210% fire trap. That is just 1 of Fire's traps, not to mention fire trap, 2 different fire treasure traps, equipment fire traps of 35%, fuel, treasure fuel, Fire Beetle fire traps, and the wyldfire global, which Balance has no damage increase from a global spell. Now, would you like to rethink your statement?

I swear if my fire wizard have those balance spells id be beast.
Fire Wizards are Beast, if you know how to play them correctly. Fire has more blades and traps than they know what to do with.

It just wouldn't be plain fair also.

Plain fair? Okay, let me say this. Every school can easily get the new badge One in a Million, meaning they can hit for 1 million damage. Easily any school can do this, I have noobs with this badge. However, Balance can NOT do this using Judgment, Ra, or Samurai. No, Balance must use a secondary school to get this badge, and why? Because Balance literally does not have the boosts that other schools have and can get. There are not enough boosts for Balance to reach 1 million.

They would have to give it to every other school, Storm sort of apologizes for their windstorm with low accuracy.

Actually, at lower levels, storm has low accuracy. As of level 55 and above, it has around 94% accuracy to Balance's 85% accuracy. Ice also gets a trap all spell, but it is only with use of a pet, so that is irrelavent.

Balance is the total package, it can heal. It has helping hand. It can trap, blade, and attack really well. So i am sure you are just fine with what you have.

You are entitled to your opinion, as everyone else. However, please get your facts before you try and tell me I am wrong. I can factually prove just about everything I state on these message boards.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:

*sigh* Yes, Balance is made up of all schools. I get it. I just don't understand why that must be the justification for everything. Plus, it's not like Balance blatantly borrows the abilities of other schools. I'm just not sold on the reasoning behind why we would need a mass Hex spell. I mean, I can already hear the whiners crying "Balance is overpowered!"

Honestly, I don't know. I guess that's just how things work in my anal-retentive mind: if no one else has it, it's exclusive to that school.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
stephiepeffie wrote:
I would just like to point out you are not giving a valid point to your view. Your view is that they should have Mass Hex cause they are not made up of all schools, and quoting the last guy. Number one, their boosts go through the roof, for example balance has Dragonblade, Bladestorm, Balanceblade, etc. Do you see any other school with the same amount of blades? I didn't think so and don't even get me started on the traps. I swear if my fire wizard have those balance spells id be beast. It just wouldn't be plain fair also. They would have to give it to every other school, Storm sort of apologizes for their windstorm with low accuracy. Balance is the total package, it can heal. It has helping hand. It can trap, blade, and attack really well. So i am sure you are just fine with what you have.

Uh...what she said.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
stephiepeffie wrote:
darthjt wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Once again, I feel obligated to point out that Balance is the only school without stackable school-only blades/traps. All of our blades and traps (Balanceblade, Bladestorm, Dragonblade, Hex, plus the elemental and spiritual versions) are usable and stackable by all schools- there is nothing that benefits us exclusively... and don't get me started on Power Play, because that's a useless spell, if ever there was one.

@joujou- Supernova is not an AOE. It's a one-hit spell that destroys the aura for one enemy, with a lower accuracy rate than a thunder snake... please explain to me how that's useful.

L.S.
transcendent/76

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
Another thing I'm sick of hearing is that there is no shield for balance. Its called a tower shield. You can use the 50% tower shield and the 55% tower shield. Balance does not have too many blades. Two blades and I'm sorry but the dragon blade doesn't count because it isn't trained by balance class it is a card anyone can use so it isn't given to us.. I knew people would complain but if you play balance you will see. We shouldn't have to rely on a critical to do decent damage to npcs. If we don't crit with ra its like 1800 damage no where near enough to kill the ncps. It is ridiculous to expect us to have to hit three times to kill a npc. I also have a 70 storm wizard and never does balance do the same amt of damage. it takes a critical ra buffed and hexed up to match a unbuffed storm lord. So don't say balance is as powerful. It just isn't and shouldn't be.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
vonawesome1 wrote:

Once again, I feel obligated to point out that Balance is the only school without stackable school-only blades/traps. All of our blades and traps (Balanceblade, Bladestorm, Dragonblade, Hex, plus the elemental and spiritual versions) are usable and stackable by all schools- there is nothing that benefits us exclusively... and don't get me started on Power Play, because that's a useless spell, if ever there was one.

I know. How many times do we have to point this out to people? For Balance's basic spells, there is very little we can use to boost the damage.

darthjtPlain fair? Okay, let me say this. Every school can easily get the new badge One in a Million, meaning they can hit for 1 million damage. Easily any school can do this, I have noobs with this badge. However, Balance can NOT do this using Judgment, Ra, or Samurai. No, Balance must use a secondary school to get this badge, and why? Because Balance literally does not have the boosts that other schools have and can get. There are not enough boosts for Balance to reach 1 million.

TRUE!

Balance has only one blade and one trap that we can use without pips. Everything else uses one pip (or an entire power pip). If we were able to use all the blades and traps we could get our hands on, including TC's, then we'd get wiped out by the enemy, because we've had to use so many pips, that it would take a while to build them back up again for any useful attacks.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjtPlain fair? Okay, let me say this. Every school can easily get the new badge One in a Million, meaning they can hit for 1 million damage. Easily any school can do this, I have noobs with this badge. However, Balance can NOT do this using Judgment, Ra, or Samurai. No, Balance must use a secondary school to get this badge, and why? Because Balance literally does not have the boosts that other schools have and can get. There are not enough boosts for Balance to reach 1 million.
Talk to Chimera.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
@joujou- Supernova is not an AOE. It's a one-hit spell that destroys the aura for one enemy, with a lower accuracy rate than a thunder snake... please explain to me how that's useful.

I find it very useful, wanna know why?
1. I can Elucidate it very easily, as well as use Infallible. It completely destroys the enemy's aura, which makes me have a major advantage against them in the next attack. (Example: Spectral Blast)
2. I happen to use Elucidate a lot, because I like attacking with a cost of 1 power pip repeatedly, but I don't just use it on rank 4 spells. I also tend to use Extraordinary with a combo of Infallible, and my pet gives me accuracy, so I'm at 91%, about to be at 92-94%!
3. Why not throw in a Gargantuan or Colossal? It would do more then 800 damage, so why not?
4. No shield can affect it, so I tend to use it as my finisher if the enemy has a huge Frozen Armor that my Judgement can't take out.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:

1. I can Elucidate it very easily, as well as use Infallible. It completely destroys the enemy's aura, which makes me have a major advantage against them in the next attack. (Example: Spectral Blast)
2. I happen to use Elucidate a lot, because I like attacking with a cost of 1 power pip repeatedly, but I don't just use it on rank 4 spells. I also tend to use Extraordinary with a combo of Infallible, and my pet gives me accuracy, so I'm at 91%, about to be at 92-94%!
3. Why not throw in a Gargantuan or Colossal? It would do more then 800 damage, so why not?
4. No shield can affect it, so I tend to use it as my finisher if the enemy has a huge Frozen Armor that my Judgement can't take out.

Elucidate is untrainable, and has been for a while- people complained that it was overpowered and I've heard that it's now only available as a TC drop. I did get one once, but I don't remember where.

Yes, shields do affect it. I was going second once (in PvE), and the opp threw up a tower shield right before I cast it... I would have gotten the same result if I'd just wanded it off.

Anyway, my point was that you'd listed it as an AOE, which it is clearly not. An AOE attacks all, like Sandstorm, Ra, and Power Nova- this is something different, and I only keep one in my deck because I really don't care that much about 15 percent; I have enough health that it doesn't affect me, so I fail to see the point of keeping this thing on hand.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Dawgbiscuit wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Balanceblade
Bladestorm
Hex
Elemental Blade
Spirit Blade
Dragonblade

1700 damage is weak in for 1 blade? Oh! Well, why not add Dragonblade! 2300! I can use up to 2 blades before I ra, so I don't think that 1700 would be a max that I can do. This is what Balance wizards can do (I am one, so trust me)
915+80%(Damage boost), critical+25%+30%+20%+Infallible armor piercing and accuracy boost, is that so weak? That would be 6422 damage, much more then what you need to kill a mob. All it takes is... 3 rounds to do that.

I forgot to point out That the 1700 was without critical.

Wait, I got my calculator and found out I made a mistake, the 1700 damage with a blade was for pvp, it would do 2058 damage. Still, that's not what I'd call weak for just a blade, considering it only costs 8 pips and hits all enemies. Max Hex would let Balance do 8027 damage, which is way too much! Again, Balance is perfectly fine the way it is, and does not need improvements.

And to correct you, Balance does not have 3 AoE's:
Sandstorm
Power Nova
Ra
Supernova

That's 4

Storm got Windstorm because they're the power school, and Windstorm would still be very useful in 1v1. I can list all of the boosts that Balance wizards can get to boost up a simple Ra:
Balanceblade
Dragonblade
Bladestorm
Dark Pact
Amplify
Vengeance
Infallible
Hex
Curse
Feint
Tough
Strong
Monstrous
Gargantuan
Colossal
Keen Eyes
Accurate
Sniper
Unstoppable
Extraordinary

Balance can get a whole lot, just like any other school, and Balance is NOT a 4v4 school, I hate it when people say that! :?

and we arent speaking about storm class seems as if you get off track just to troll someone post, if you just want to whine about how much more op balance will be , think again, that would be storm, and we both have 70 storm wiz's

1. I've never said that Balance was overpowered. I may have said that Balance is the best school, but it's because people say and think it's so weak that it's fun to play with, because they're right, Balance can be weak at times, but it can be as destructive as a Storm wizard, possibly even more destructive.

2. Yeah, I have said that Storm and Balance combo would be insanely overpowered.

3. I'm not here to troll someone's post and to talk about pvp I'm using examples of why Balance shouldn't get Mass Hex, and pvp is one of the biggest factors of the game, so I had to bring that up.

why waste gold on TC for i never use TC i fall back on my original class spells

I don't use TC attacks, but I do enchant my attack spells with TC's all the time. Why spend training points on a Gargantuan that boosts only 225 damage instead of boosting 250? Also, you can draw attacks whenever you need to in your next battle.

.so why not put a mass hex with that tiny lil 1700 damage

To a Storm wizard, that would be considered an almost K.O hit.

Yep, I'm a pvp guy, and I never stop doing it The overall message:
Balance is fine the way it is, because Balance is getting a HUGE jump as well as Life and Death, so Balance is fine... for now.

Balance does not have 4 aoe's hey have 3 supernova is not an aoe its 2 pips that targets a single enemy.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
LighDealth wrote:
Balance does not have 4 aoe's hey have 3 supernova is not an aoe its 2 pips that targets a single enemy.

Supernova targets any enemies that have an aura up. So if four enemies all have auras, then all four enemies will be hit and their auras removed. If only one enemy has an aura, only that enemy will be hit and aura removed.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Elucidate is untrainable, and has been for a while- people complained that it was overpowered and I've heard that it's now only available as a TC drop. I did get one once, but I don't remember where.

Yes, shields do affect it. I was going second once (in PvE), and the opp threw up a tower shield right before I cast it... I would have gotten the same result if I'd just wanded it off.

Anyway, my point was that you'd listed it as an AOE, which it is clearly not. An AOE attacks all, like Sandstorm, Ra, and Power Nova- this is something different, and I only keep one in my deck because I really don't care that much about 15 percent; I have enough health that it doesn't affect me, so I fail to see the point of keeping this thing on hand.

I know what an AoE is, but I was told that Supernova was an AoE :? I was also told that shields don't affect it either, but since you've said they do, I'd find Chimera more useful.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010

I know it's untrainable, but I apparently have a HUGE collection on them, as well as Simplifies.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
Honestly, and this comes from someone who has played balance for a while, we have more health so we can build up with our blades, giving balance a mass hex would just cause endless complaints about how unfair it is in pvp

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
darthjt wrote:
stephiepeffie wrote:
darthjt wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I would just like to point out you are not giving a valid point to your view.

No, AkihiroHattori5 was not making a valid point, hence my reply to him. Unfortunately for you, you replied to me, making you fair game.

Your view is that they should have Mass Hex cause they are not made up of all schools, and quoting the last guy. Number one, their boosts go through the roof, for example balance has Dragonblade, Bladestorm, Balanceblade, etc.

Actually, Balance has Balance Blade and Bladestorm, those are balance's only 2 blades. If you wanna be factual, be factual. Any school can get a pet with DragonBlade, or use DragonBlade treasure cards. Also, other schools, including Balance, have school blades that are on Gear/Equipment. Balance gets a 30% Balance blade, while storm gets a 35% blade, fire gets a 40% blade, Myth gets a 40% blade, and Life, Death, and Ice get a 45% blade. Then you can add in treasure card blades and Balance blades and dragonblades for other schools, while balance can only use Balance and Dragonblades for balance specific attacks. Not to mention that the other schools can use Spiritual and Elemental Blades and Treasure Spiritual and Elemental Blades. Now, who is outboosting whom?

Do you see any other school with the same amount of blades? I didn't think so and don't even get me started on the traps.

If you follow what I just posted, everyone is outboosting Balance, ever single school outboosts balance, no school can't outboost balance. You really wanna get started on traps? Cause traps are no different and every school can out trap Balance, especially fire, with the new Backdraft spell that gives a +15% per pip trap, for essentially a 210% fire trap. That is just 1 of Fire's traps, not to mention fire trap, 2 different fire treasure traps, equipment fire traps of 35%, fuel, treasure fuel, Fire Beetle fire traps, and the wyldfire global, which Balance has no damage increase from a global spell. Now, would you like to rethink your statement?

I swear if my fire wizard have those balance spells id be beast.
Fire Wizards are Beast, if you know how to play them correctly. Fire has more blades and traps than they know what to do with.

It just wouldn't be plain fair also.

Plain fair? Okay, let me say this. Every school can easily get the new badge One in a Million, meaning they can hit for 1 million damage. Easily any school can do this, I have noobs with this badge. However, Balance can NOT do this using Judgment, Ra, or Samurai. No, Balance must use a secondary school to get this badge, and why? Because Balance literally does not have the boosts that other schools have and can get. There are not enough boosts for Balance to reach 1 million.

They would have to give it to every other school, Storm sort of apologizes for their windstorm with low accuracy.

Actually, at lower levels, storm has low accuracy. As of level 55 and above, it has around 94% accuracy to Balance's 85% accuracy. Ice also gets a trap all spell, but it is only with use of a pet, so that is irrelavent.

Balance is the total package, it can heal. It has helping hand. It can trap, blade, and attack really well. So i am sure you are just fine with what you have.

You are entitled to your opinion, as everyone else. However, please get your facts before you try and tell me I am wrong. I can factually prove just about everything I state on these message boards.

Darthjt, as Vonawesome1 stated, this is one of those rare times I completely agree with you.

My Balance sits more than she runs.... I agree we should get a Mass Hex. In my opinion, Balance has been blind sided one too many times.

@joujou11cool, first off, this is about PvE, NOT PvP. Not everyone PvPs, and that subject is really starting to get old. PvP is NOT the primary aspect of Wizard101..........I know you listed a number of buffs that are available, but some of those are given through pets or gear. And as has been stated already, Elucidate IS NOT TRAINABLE. You may be lucky enough to get one now and then as a drop. As to the list of Boosts, All Schools have access to those

For those of you that think Balance can do just about anything, you may want to step back and really take a look. We have NO school specific Shields, (all other schools do). We in reality have NO school specific Traps, (all other schools do). ETC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some mentioned that balance has Tower Shields. WRONG. Yes we can use them the same as every other school can. BUT, tower shields are Ice school oriented AND they are only 50 to 55%. Trained school shields are 80%. Balance has a very hard time defending against their own school and especially when being spammed with Judgement, sandstorm, and all other Balance school Specific spells. This does not include spells like Hydra, Chimera, or Spectral Blast.

Darthjt has outlined the situation very well and I have to agree.