Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Daily Login Reward for Crowns? -Members Only-

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I believe, to improve the game the members should have a daily login reward for crowns. No large amounts of crowns, just a daily 20 or 25 or anything in that range I belive at least below 100. I've seen alot of games with a cheaper membership and i belive that this is the highest i've payed for a membership. Though the benefits are great it'd be nice to have crowns for logging in daily so instead of buying them you can save them up. I think it would only benefit the game's players, Drawing some of the non-members to chose to become members. It would also allow some players to not have to pay for the crowns if they don't want too. My mom won't buy anything online for me so that means i don't ever get crowns which i would like to have. This is just my opinion.

Thanks for Reading, -Beaux-

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Most subscription games cost more for a subscription than this one does.

I don't see any real need to reward daily logins. Companies really love people who subscribe, quit after a while, neglect to cancel, and are still paying the monthly fee a year later.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
thats not a bad idea. It would be a cool subscriber benift/ long term member perk. It would have to be very little crowns though to be fair. Maybe like 5 crowns a day if you log in that day.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I agree marshall, but due to the high useage of crowns and the price they are set at it should be a bit more than that.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Also, Quizzical, If the consistency of people logging in daily will possibly, if they really want the item and they enjoy the game enough to spend money on it, will buy more crowns along with a Daily Login Reward.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
I think it would make more sense to give crowns to people who subscribe and then don't log in that day. After all, subscribers who don't play are free money for KingsIsle.

More seriously, players expecting to get rewarded for everything they do is way out of hand. I mean, for logging in and nothing more? That's ridiculous.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
I think it would make more sense to give crowns to people who subscribe and then don't log in that day. After all, subscribers who don't play are free money for KingsIsle.

More seriously, players expecting to get rewarded for everything they do is way out of hand. I mean, for logging in and nothing more? That's ridiculous.

I think Beauxarts andQuizzical both have good points. With the economy nowadays, life's necessities are a bit expensive (food, gas, paying bills). Maybe a low amount daily would be a good idea. Quizzical also has a point, too. What is the point to log in, get your crowns, then log right back off. I think Kingsisle would lose a bit of money this way. BUT! This isn't the only MMO I've played.

What if we copied off of World of Warcraft a bit? I've played it and they have something called "Daily Quests" where you can do that quest once a day (I think resets after 24 hours. I can't remember). Maybe, if Wizards will do that quest once a day, they will get a small amount of crowns for the work. How does that sound?

Survivor
Oct 21, 2008
i do not feel members should get a daily log in reward but a monthly, base amount of crowns should be given to us that do pay for the right to play and have access to the full game world as it stands, i do not have full access to the game even thou i pay a monthly fee, because i do not have the extra cash to by crowns, my newest exp. of this fact is the training point by back what if i need to by back my training points scene i am paying my monthly fee and not buying crowns i can not do so some thing seems wrong here.
this is my thoughts on the crowns matter

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
andrew248 wrote:
What if we copied off of World of Warcraft a bit? I've played it and they have something called "Daily Quests" where you can do that quest once a day (I think resets after 24 hours. I can't remember).

Daily quests are evil. Some of us are here trying to get away from World of Warcraft, as well as from your conventional WoW-clone. Whatever else can be said about this game, it most certainly did not get its start with a few people sitting around saying, "Hey, we should make a game a lot like WoW except with less content and more bugs." Now, other games didn't get their start that way, either, but you wouldn't be able to tell that from the gameplay of some of them.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
member's dosen't have any benefits to be one right now than just having everything unlocked , they need to put members a way that people that paid a sub actually think its worth it .

Right now imo its not but I do sub to support King.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
Daily quests are evil. Some of us are here trying to get away from World of Warcraft, as well as from your conventional WoW-clone. Whatever else can be said about this game, it most certainly did not get its start with a few people sitting around saying, "Hey, we should make a game a lot like WoW except with less content and more bugs." Now, other games didn't get their start that way, either, but you wouldn't be able to tell that from the gameplay of some of them.

1. I am not a clone!
2. I was just giving a suggestion, geez. I'm not trying to bring WoW into this game too much. Just giving a few ideas and maybe others would like them. No need to go calling people clones.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
andrew248 wrote:
Quizzical wrote:

1. I am not a clone!
2. I was just giving a suggestion, geez. I'm not trying to bring WoW into this game too much. Just giving a few ideas and maybe others would like them. No need to go calling people clones.

Relax, he wasnt calling you a clone. He was saying he doesnt want the game to turn into a warcraft clone. And I agree. Daily quests arent fun, they turn into a chore. I like the monthly subscriber perk idea for crowns. But daily quests just put pressure on you to do them before the reset.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
Today's slang lol. I never can tell what people call things and to who or what . Sry for my outburst :P.

Anyway, what if not doing quests, but fighting bosses for crowns. But, the amount bosses would drop would be VERY VERY LOW. Like, maybe 5 crowns if your lucky. Bosses wouldn't drop crowns everytime. It would be like Staffs and Pets; pretty rare. What do you think of that?

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
Yeah that would be cool if we could log in and at least play for an hour and get a small amount of crowns for members only because were paying subscribers so it wouldnt be much money loss. maybe money gained because non members might want to become members. so more paying players = more money for you. plus it would help us make battles easier because we would have better items than from shops or item drops. if the battles get easier there would be alot more grandmaster lv. 50's everywhere to help even new players do quests and level up quicker too.