Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New balance spells Lvl 70-80

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
I am upset with kingsisle new balance spells. they are really weak compared to otjer schools. Super nova is just pathetic. Death and life got the best spells (again). tell me your opinions.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Maybe Balance did get ripped, but that's the fun thing about it. The less we get, the more we have to do to be strong! I love things like that, they make games a lot more fun. But from my opinion, these spells are very useful, and I always use spells to my advantage. Supernova can be enchanted, and hits really hard in 4v4's with an entire Balance team. Mana Burn is a great spell, hitting the opponent while taking away their pips. With Elucidate, you could spam this spell to completely drain your opponent's pips then hit them with a finisher Spectral Blast. Elemental and Spiritual Spear I do find almost useless, but they're still spells, and a spell always has a use to it. I honestly do hate the 1 pip cost though, knowing that it's still only 6%.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
I do not agree with this. I do not even know about these spells. When I figure out what they are, I will post my new opinions.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Not really, it seems like most of the new spells were specially made for pvp, that in mind, balance's spells where pvp made pretty much. In pvp they have the best spells, you can now take away our pips and auras. However if your anything like me who doesn't like pvp, then ya i agree balance got horrible spells for outside battle.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
bigbop987 wrote:
I am upset with kingsisle new balance spells. they are really weak compared to otjer schools. Super nova is just pathetic. Death and life got the best spells (again). tell me your opinions.

I'm kinda annoyed, too. I'm only level 75 and don't have my 80 spell yet, but was quite disappointed in Mana Burn. It's great for farming in Dragonspyre (I test-drove it there the other night), but didn't work in Avalon- it's a downgraded version of Judge that steals your opponent's pips... or, at least that's what it's SUPPOSED to do.

I just used Mana Burn on an enemy who, even though I took his pips, still hit me with a 6-pip spell... Balance definitely got shafted this time around, and it's about time KI stopped giving us the short end of the staff.

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
transcendent sorceress

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
I simply hate the new balance spells. Mana burn is not as effective as it sounds like it would be. And as for supernova really, this stinks the auras are like 15 percent the enemy uses to me not a big deal and not worth two pips or any pips to use this spell. Maybe this is just my opinion but its a huge disappointment to get spells like these. Balance should have gotten more useful spells to me they are not good and I can live without them. Not one I'm happy to have gotten and I've spoken with other bal wizards and they mostly all agree. KI we need a change. I know some people are going to disagree or say your not using them right like always. But balance is my fav class and KI could and should have done better with the spells.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Mana Burn seems to be glitched or something- usually enemies casting for free after I take their pips away, or my spell taking their pips without doing any damage. However, I got a nice critical on one the other day- I had a blade/Amplify up, and the thing did 2K damage.

I haven't actually used Supernova yet, as I don't really see the point. Both spells seem to have been designed for PvP, as AstroStorm pointed out- Mana Burn can be useful, when it works, but is just a pip-guzzler when it's broken.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Supernova would be the most useful, however, it has a 40% fizzle rate. The two times it's actually worked (and I've tried using it many many times to test it out), the damage hit I've done is from 882-1200+, using 25% blade, 15% amplify and without it ever going critical. I do have 67 damage boost, so that does help get the higher damage hits.

Mana Burn doesn't have much of a hit, around 400+, depending on how many pips the enemies have.

I haven't quite reached level 80 yet, so I haven't tried the Elucidate spell yet.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
As far as me and my friends are concerned we wanted a mass hex. like a 25 hex to all instead of the 30 to one enemy... KI give us a mass hex.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Agreed. I dont even have a balance wizard and I feel EXTREMELY bad for them.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Heather824 wrote:
As far as me and my friends are concerned we wanted a mass hex. like a 25 hex to all instead of the 30 to one enemy... KI give us a mass hex.

Like that'll ever happen. I love the idea but, if we got a mass hex, Storm and Death would complain that we're stepping into "their" special abilities (windstorm/plague-type spells), and everyone else would just cry that we're overpowered/spam the boards for Balance shields.

That being said, I'm just grateful that KI didn't give us a group heal (which I was afraid they might)- it would have become just one more reason for people to spam us with requests for stuff.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
Agreed. I dont even have a balance wizard and I feel EXTREMELY bad for them.

Feel bad for us? Why? It's just as easy to crush the enemies as it ever was! Balance got dropped a bit, so what, doesn't change my playing style :-)

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
Well in my opinion storm (which i play) and death have no where the amt of area damage as balance. Tempest and sirens are all storm has. Death only has scarecrow. Balance has sandstorm powernova and ra. Which them alone even with all balance blades usually do not do the job when it comes to killing npcs. You have to spend time putting each hex and each blade. It makes much more sense since we have three area spells for us to have a mass hex. It will not improve our damage that much but simply help us kill npcs without having to prep up two shots. Of course if you crit you usually don't need two shots but thats rare.. But with the hex to all would make the new spells not such a disappointment. My opinion we need mass hex as much as storm. maybe more.. Death with one area spell not so much.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Weak? I Love them for pvp, and enchanted super nova is epic in avalon, have you seen them cast auras? like 1 every 3 rounds O_O

Survivor
May 30, 2012
um, have you ever tried a battle in avalon...!? they start of with like 4-7 power pips and all that... mana burn helps allot just add colossal and a balance blade and you got yourself a kill... supernova is good for when they use fortify and all that

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
I disagree. I have to say that I was out of attacks except for mana burn once. And you know what? I killed the boss with that. I just wish you could attach colossal to it. I do agree with the supernova, though. That spell fizzles way too much, but at least you can attach colossal to it.