Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We Want New 48th Balance Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I have a Grandmaster Sorcerer and after visiting the friendly necromancer site and watching all the awesome spells every other school got to cast I was shocked to find out that Balance has a spell that has very little regular use.

I was amazed at how powerful Death, Fire, Ice, and Storm were. Myth was a bit weaker from what I saw. Life was cool and seems like it would be useful in a lot of fights, even solo.

From what I have observed while playing and from what I have been reading in forums. The majority of people are either playing solo or with one friend. They only team up for the final fight with Malistaire because you don’t have a choice. So it’s a spell that will get used maybe once during the entire five world quest. And most likely not even during the Malistaire fight. I know from all the posting and texting going on the vast majority of us want a better more useful spell.

I don't believe forcing balance wizards in to a support role is a wise move. Like most players I play solo or with one friend.

Please listen to your customers, your players and give Balance a spell we can use all over the Spiral in all battles new and old. All Balance wizards please let KI know how you feel.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
i have a balance wizard, not my main wizard, i don't play with him as much as my death wizard, mike sckullblood, my balance wizard's name is alex sandflame. lvl6 :-D balance rocks! :-) (but no where near as good as death 8) ) (sorry, i don't know any good balance spells :-( oh well :-) )

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
See now I was sad for balance wizards. But remember you guys still have judgement the most POWERFUL spell in the game. But on the other hand. I was thinking that it should be of boosts and pips. 2 pips for each, then a balance blade for each on your side and a elemental shields for each on your sides. It could be called ... Super Nova!

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I just used the new version of Power Nova. It is great and I used it a bunch on my own and with a group. Love it! This is the type of spell we wanted. Thank You KI your awesome. :-)

Survivor
Nov 21, 2008
I am level 50 and I have completed all my quests. I am balance and can't seem to get power nova. I have gone to the balance teacher and gone to ambrose and tried just about everything to get the quest or the spell. Help!

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
Orca wrote:
See now I was sad for balance wizards. But remember you guys still have judgement the most POWERFUL spell in the game. But on the other hand. I was thinking that it should be of boosts and pips. 2 pips for each, then a balance blade for each on your side and a elemental shields for each on your sides. It could be called ... Super Nova!

sad to say super nova already exists lol.... it is 100 damage ice 0 pips 100% accuracy :-D comes with longblade of homunculus.... and balance is strong enough with judgement.... plus power nova is not that bad because a weaken is a lot stronger then most people think...

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Most all in one spells will have to be weaker than a single attack spell. Thus the Power Nova was born into Balance. As far as it being weak, I do not think so, with the blades and hexes, as with all spells cast by those who wish to do major damage know, boosts are an essential part of prepping your attack.

The Power Nova hits at 470 damage to all. Boosted by the single balance sword, thats 587.50. That boosted by the addition Blade Storm is 705 hit points. Boosted again by the Hex spell, thats 916.50. That in itself is not a bad hit. Add to this Feint and Curse if available, then you go even higher. The best part about it is that there are only three shields that can block it. Ice armor, never seen any monster throw that, Absorb and Tower shields. Even with these "blocks" that are available, your still going to do more damage to a monster than the 70% off shields of the remaining six schools. Tower shields will drop it to 458.25 and Absorbs will drop it by 500 or 416.50. I am not rounding these numbers because I do not know how KI does there final counts. PLUS we get a weakness spell to boot. At 70% off as a regular school shield would be the damage we would do would only be 274.95. THEN you could complain because then we would be crippled in our attacks.

So the Power Nova is fine and is not weakened as the other schools are. Nor are there as many available defenses to our spells. Power Nova is sweet and Balance Rules. Many who think it weak have never tried it to its fullest potential and need to explore that. As far as I am concerned, If you don't use the school of your choice to its fullest potential then who loses the most?

James DreamRider
GrandMaster Balance
No Retreat No Surrender
and No One gets left Behind
USArmy Retired

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Orca wrote:
it sad you feel balance is the best when its not i can tell you i have a grandmaster balance judgment is not the best spell in the game and balance needs more spell we have one good spell 1 and and i have seen so many balance that dont get pips and to get pips i had to trade off like 750 life just to get a power pip at a low lvl wow judgment really is a good one right sure if you say so but i dont feel that way balance is only as good as the person playing my balance is a warlord but thats got to do with me playing all day every day not judgment its so sad how people cry over balance i get sick of everytime i come on here its judgment this or judgment that learn to play people if you spent as much time playing as you do crying you would be the best out there for real people dont see that balance needs i new spell befor any other school but balance is not there to make a stand there there to help the team and make small hit shield and put traps on o by the way ki ty for not posting my last post i know i was mean yea right please scot deathhammer-grandmaster-fire-balance-storm-noob myth

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
I personaly think power nova is ok but it should at least be stronger and the weaken should be like 5%-10% more power full than a regular weaken :?

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
I Pesonaly think Super Nova is great it just need to be boosted up about 50-75 points and the weakness needs to be boosted about 5%-10%(for the supernova spell)