Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

something is wrong with gifting!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 02, 2011
i just say that gifting can be very annoying! i mean when a random person just comes up and asks plz gift me and then starts following and annoying you for not giving them the most expensive thing in the crown shop! i think this shouldnt happen as people i dont even know do this to me all the time. if you think there could be a way to stop this and also find it annoying post here.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
This has happened to most of us at one time or another. There are a few ways you can avoid the people doing it.

1. click on them and click on the ignore button when their stat card comes up.
2. port to another location such as your home.
3. just tell them you don't have any crowns.
4. change realms.
5. don't even reply to them and that way they can't keep chatting at you when you leave the area.

And yes, it has happened to me too. I usually just ignore them completely and port or move away.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2011
thanks for replying but i do try all these
goldendragon18 wrote:
This has happened to most of us at one time or another. There are a few ways you can avoid the people doing it.

1. click on them and click on the ignore button when their stat card comes up.
2. port to another location such as your home. i wouldnt want to if i am going to do a quest or anything else like that and they keep my side thingy up to say annoying things to me :(
3. just tell them you don't have any crowns. thats what i have to do for them all and they call me somthing like poor for not having the crowns
4. change realms. yes that works well but i like to stay on one realm for friends
5. don't even reply to them and that way they can't keep chatting at you when you leave the area. they follow me :|

And yes, it has happened to me too. I usually just ignore them completely and port or move away.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Agreed! I hate people who do this! Stuff you can do to avoid it:

1. Say "I have 0 crowns"
2. Ignore them then port away.
3. Say no????? (Uhhhhh not a good idea)
4. Say "You pay for your own crowns!"
Thats all I got.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
How can none of those work for you? They can't follow you if you change realms and can't message you if you put them on ignore. Those are the systems in place. There does not need to be another one. Remember these are kids. And a lot of them are probably used to parents who will cave in and give them what they want if they beg long enough, so that is what they do with strangers too. They are also the ones who seldom make it past level 12. So just ignore them.
It is also fun to just start spewing totally random menu chat choices at them.
Either way, a lot of people do use gifting. My adult friends and I will often gift each other a card pack or something if they are on sale. I don't want to see that taken out of the game.

Defender
May 15, 2010
I will gift a card pack. But, yes, it is annoying when they follow you and beg. I don't know you, and I will not waste 30 dollars on you. If i knew you, maybe. But it is 15,000 crowns, and again: I don't know you!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
I agree to a friend request, and when I asked him to help for a battle, he asked me if I gifted him.

Answer No and he told me "I can't help you then!"

I dropped him! (Didn't really need his help anyways, battle was going a little long!)

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
I agree, it happens constantly every single day, especially in the commons. I also see it increase as soon as new crown items release. Unfortunately I do not think KI will ever remove the gift feature OR make begging a reportable or muteable offence.

Best advice I have found thus far, IF you choose to converse in the commons use only the filtered (mute chat) menu options that way no one can private chat you. Once you speak openly in the commons it opens you up to unwanted private chat and increased begging.

It works everywhere not just the commons but I have found the commons, shopping district and ravenwood are the most common areas to find beggars.