Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Leviathan forgotten?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
I'm sure many players were expecting Storm to have receive a Leviathan pet...

So my question is, why hasn't Storm receive any of their new high level spells as their pets? Every other schools did, so why is Storm always end up with the short end of the stick?

Is it really that hard to implement a Leviathan pet?

I'm sure changing the name to Sea Leviathan will fix the confusing over the hydra mix.

Imagine how cool the Leviathan hybrids had look like? Is a shame that such great creature was not implemented.

So why Triton? Why not a Leviathan?

Is really sad the lack of creative that was put into making the new Storm pet.

The Kraken pet is about 3 times bigger than the Triton pet, another words Triton is about the size of the Kraken's tail. In my opinion it looks like a Tuna fish, something I won't be using.

I have consider trashing the Triton pet, but I respect KI's hard work for making the pet. Therefore my Triton pet will be at my house as part of all my decorative items.

So what happen with the size of the pet? Was the body structure of Triton Not fit to be a pet?

I'm sure those who like the Triton pet is because the exploit use of the card massive damage attack on low level PvP.

We Storm wizards quested to get the spell and now we will have low level players using Triton with even greater damage... How ironically a low level player will have the power of a Grandmaster.

In my opinion at this high level stage, Storm should had also deserved to have their high rank spells as their schools pets.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
Leviathan is already a hybrid pet with a hydra and i think the stormzilla.... So why give a pet you can already obtain.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
ArmoredRaptor wrote:

So my question is, why hasn't Storm receive any of their new high level spells as their pets? Every other schools did, so why is Storm always end up with the short end of the stick?

I'm sure changing the name to Sea Leviathan will fix the confusing over the hydra mix.

Imagine how cool the Leviathan hybrids had look like? Is a shame that such great creature was not implemented.

The Kraken pet is about 3 times bigger than the Triton pet, another words Triton is about the size of the Kraken's tail. In my opinion it looks like a Tuna fish, something I won't be using.

I have consider trashing the Triton pet, but I respect KI's hard work for making the pet. Therefore my Triton pet will be at my house as part of all my decorative items.

So what happen with the size of the pet? Was the body structure of Triton Not fit to be a pet?

I'm sure those who like the Triton pet is because the exploit use of the card massive damage attack on low level PvP.

We Storm wizards quested to get the spell and now we will have low level players using Triton with even greater damage... How ironically a low level player will have the power of a Grandmaster.

In my opinion at this high level stage, Storm should had also deserved to have their high rank spells as their schools pets.

First of all they needed to get the triton pet in the game to resolve the issue of not having one, and I don't think having the titan as a all school pet drop would be a very good idea. Secondly we've only gotten two pets so far that are under lvl and the wintertusk pets were pretty much all under lvl besides life and death so kraken really doesn't count. Finally, the release of the pet would be even more epic later on.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Heather824 wrote:
Leviathan is already a hybrid pet with a hydra and i think the stormzilla.... So why give a pet you can already obtain.

The leviathan is a hydra! The leviathan we're talking about is the real leviathan, the storm spell one, and it will be named differently like mythical basilisk. Sea leviathan will rise, no questions about it.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Heather824 wrote:

That's an excuse, if I remember there was also a Basilisk hybrid pet from hydra.

Myth got Basilisk as their new pet. Mythical Basilisk...

Like I said on my post changing the name to Sea Leviathan will fix the confusing over the hydra mix.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
ArmoredRaptor wrote:

Are you sure about that? Getting a sea leviathan as a Storm pet so early? Leviathan was an overpowered spell either way, so the pet might come up in the next update. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Triton pet does 920-1000 damage? For 6 pips, that's amazing! And at least the Triton pet is better than the Woolly Mammoth pet, being 9 pips. You get better damage then Ice while it's 3 pips lower, and yet you complain? The Triton pet is better then the Kraken pet, so there's no need to complain about it.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
joujou11cool wrote:
ArmoredRaptor wrote:

Are you sure about that? Getting a sea leviathan as a Storm pet so early? Leviathan was an overpowered spell either way, so the pet might come up in the next update. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Triton pet does 920-1000 damage? For 6 pips, that's amazing! And at least the Triton pet is better than the Woolly Mammoth pet, being 9 pips. You get better damage then Ice while it's 3 pips lower, and yet you complain? The Triton pet is better then the Kraken pet, so there's no need to complain about it.

The actual leviathan spell was underpowered due to it's second effect, without that second effect the normal card would ahev done up to 1200 damage. Secondly, the triton pet card does 1200-1280. And it's not early for a leviathan pet.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:

Not exactly complaining, but just giving a feedback.

I'm aware that the giving card is all well and good... Is actually too good to be on the hands of low level players.

My main point is that every school except Storm, have obtained their higher rank spells as their new pets.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
ArmoredRaptor wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

I'm aware that the giving card is all well and good... Is actually too good to be on the hands of low level players.

My main point is that every school except Storm, have obtained their higher rank spells as their new pets.

To be honest, I think I'll be sticking with a Dragonblade pet for a loooong time, so I don't care what pets each school gets. Patience is a virtue though, and all you have to do is wait Power doesn't come to you, you have to achieve it first.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
joujou11cool wrote:
ArmoredRaptor wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

To be honest, I think I'll be sticking with a Dragonblade pet for a loooong time, so I don't care what pets each school gets. Patience is a virtue though, and all you have to do is wait Power doesn't come to you, you have to achieve it first.

Pets don't count as power they count as pets , and we can only achieve power when KI gives us more to achieve from .

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
I think Triton is pretty cool, plus the hybrids were nice as well. Anyways all of the pets are useless on my opinion. Plus some even can't get a Triton pet so enjoy the pet.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Storm gets Triton pet?

I think that is so awesome, regardless of size.

And Myth gets Basilisk? That is also awesome. With Noble humongofrog gone though, I'd lose my only other AoE other than the normal Frog attack. Should I do it?

I really love Basilisk, but I am indecisive here. I am assuming though, that Basilisk pets would be predisposed to having better and rarer talents than Frog? Hmmm....

I saw a player with a Gnome pet (Life, of course) with +13% defense against Death. I don't think I have ever seen any defensive trait with more than +10% resistance.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
No the hybrid is not a hydra. It may be a mix of a hydra but its still called leviathan. I play storm and balance and as storm I do not want a pet I can basically already obtain. Their leviathan would have to be totally different then the hybrid and be called something else. So if you meant something besides the leviathan that is already here you should have said that originally. And if you read my post I told you it was a hydra. And a mythical basilisk uh no that sounds like a myth pet and I wouldn't want it.

AstroStorm wrote:
Heather824 wrote:

The leviathan is a hydra! The leviathan we're talking about is the real leviathan, the storm spell one, and it will be named differently like mythical basilisk. Sea leviathan will rise, no questions about it.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
I respect your opinion but I have to disagree. I love the fact that storm is finally getting a Triton pet. I do agree it's a bit on the small size but oh well. When I received the triton spell I immediately wanted that as a pet especially when pets turned out to be such an integral part of the game. This storm, one among many, is completely happy with the new pet and I can't wait until I finally get him.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Heather824 wrote:
No the hybrid is not a hydra. It may be a mix of a hydra but its still called leviathan. I play storm and balance and as storm I do not want a pet I can basically already obtain. Their leviathan would have to be totally different then the hybrid and be called something else. So if you meant something besides the leviathan that is already here you should have said that originally. And if you read my post I told you it was a hydra. And a mythical basilisk uh no that sounds like a myth pet and I wouldn't want it.

AstroStorm wrote:
Heather824 wrote:

Were on a different leviathan pet, the actual one not the hydra hybrid, if we ever do get one compare the two you'll the awesome different before learning their names.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Storm gets Triton pet?

I think that is so awesome, regardless of size.

And Myth gets Basilisk? That is also awesome. With Noble humongofrog gone though, I'd lose my only other AoE other than the normal Frog attack. Should I do it?

I really love Basilisk, but I am indecisive here. I am assuming though, that Basilisk pets would be predisposed to having better and rarer talents than Frog? Hmmm....

I saw a player with a Gnome pet (Life, of course) with +13% defense against Death. I don't think I have ever seen any defensive trait with more than +10% resistance.

The new pet talents are ultra-rare stat boosters, meaning the resist can go up to 13%, attack 8%, and accuracy i also thin 8%, not sure.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
AstroStorm wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
ArmoredRaptor wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Pets don't count as power they count as pets , and we can only achieve power when KI gives us more to achieve from .

Exactly, and to get more power, you have to just simply wait. I'm sure that KI will either give you a Leviathan or Sirens pet at level 88.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
ArmoredRaptor wrote:

Actually, I love Triton more then I love Leviathan by far. Levy is good for boss fights and all, but it's like wielding a big heavy axe: Sort of big and clumsy, and wastes a lot of strength (Pips) to use. Triton is more of a reliable Sword. It is easier to use, that extra round of pip waiting being shaves off has saved my life. With enchantments and damage-specialty gear, It does just as good as Levy. I do not pvp any low levels to get easy kills, and I don't even have the pet. But I have wanted Triton pet since day 1 playing a Storm. I hope Kingsisle doesn't remove it.