Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice rank 10 spell.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Spell name: Ice Eagle
Effect: 100+900 ice damage to all enemies.
Animation: A blizzard begins to form in the center of the ring. Snow begins to gather until a large ball is formed. From there a large Eagle(About the size of the phoenix spell) comes out and screeches. He dives into each player, this inflicts 100 damage. When he does, the target(s) appear to be encased in Ice. Once he's done, he returns to the center of the circle and screeches once more. However, the second screech is much louder, and when he screeches, the ice begins to explode into tiny pieces. This inflicts 900 damage when it explodes. After that, the Eagle shatters into tiny pieces and the blizzard dissipates.

Pretty cool huh? :D

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
A few things irk me about this spell. One, it seems like you took a bunch of things from different spells that already exist in the game. The eagle breaking out of the snow dome is reminiscent of Snow Serpent, the eagle itself sounds like Icebird and Phoenix combined, the targets being encased in ice is obviously from Frostbite, etc. Two, the whole double attack thing is Myth's medium. I know it doesn't have many attacks utilizing that ability, but I'd still like it to remain Myth's ability. Lastly, the spell is kinda weak, considering Snow Angel did more or less the same damage.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
A few things irk me about this spell. One, it seems like you took a bunch of things from different spells that already exist in the game. The eagle breaking out of the snow dome is reminiscent of Snow Serpent, the eagle itself sounds like Icebird and Phoenix combined, the targets being encased in ice is obviously from Frostbite, etc. Two, the whole double attack thing is Myth's medium. I know it doesn't have many attacks utilizing that ability, but I'd still like it to remain Myth's ability. Lastly, the spell is kinda weak, considering Snow Angel did more or less the same damage.

First off, the damage from ice eagle is a total of 1000, not 760 like snow angel, so it's significantly stronger. Second, the snow serpent doesn't show the dome being generated. When i thought of the creature, i thought of a shiny braviary from pokemon (Look it up) doesn't look very similar. Frostbite doesn't explode, and defenitely not by a screech. Finally, Myth doesn't have it to all enemies making the effect somewhat unique.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I mainly just read damage; and I had one instant response to this.

To the damage, no.
Ice is not the school that does 100 per PIP to all enemies. Only storm and fire, the ones that hit the high damage get that. Even if its an aura, still overpowered.
How about 900 all in one shot of damage?

PS: Dont tell me to read the animation or get off your thread; KI always makes them good animations.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
emilo wrote:
First off, the damage from ice eagle is a total of 1000, not 760 like snow angel, so it's significantly stronger. Second, the snow serpent doesn't show the dome being generated. When i thought of the creature, i thought of a shiny braviary from pokemon (Look it up) doesn't look very similar. Frostbite doesn't explode, and defenitely not by a screech. Finally, Myth doesn't have it to all enemies making the effect somewhat unique.

Sorry about that. Apparently I had a moment of dyslexia and thought it said 100 + 600. However, this spell being an AoE and hitting over 1000 each does concern me a bit. Not even Storm is able to do that at this juncture, so why is Ice able to? As for your concept, small details like explosions and formations don't really make a difference when you're describing an idea. Also, telling someone to look it up isn't the best idea when describing a concept because why should I have to do your work for you? That being said, the Braviary you mentioned just looks like a large Icebird with different colored feathers. Lastly, whether it's single or AoE, it's still a Myth ability. That's like saying an AoE drain spell is different from a single target drain spell.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
emilo wrote:

Sorry about that. Apparently I had a moment of dyslexia and thought it said 100 + 600. However, this spell being an AoE and hitting over 1000 each does concern me a bit. Not even Storm is able to do that at this juncture, so why is Ice able to? As for your concept, small details like explosions and formations don't really make a difference when you're describing an idea. Also, telling someone to look it up isn't the best idea when describing a concept because why should I have to do your work for you? That being said, the Braviary you mentioned just looks like a large Icebird with different colored feathers. Lastly, whether it's single or AoE, it's still a Myth ability. That's like saying an AoE drain spell is different from a single target drain spell.

What sets this apart from storm is that Ice eagle has no additional effect. Sirens have three additional effects, to give it normal power on top of that would make it overpowered. Rain of fire has no additional effect, and does 1100 at just rank 9. It is not overpowered, it just sacrifices effect for power. Braviary, or any eagle couldn't possibly be an Ice bird, regardless of color. Simply put, Ice bird's beak does not have the same shape, thus it would eat different things and be a different species(In a realistic way) Finally, Now that I check, Double attacks are not exclusive to Myth. Life and Death can do it too, by using spirited and deadly Minotaur respectively. Therefore, it is semi-exclusive at most. I also said Somewhat unique, as there are no double hit hit spells that AoE. I didn't say Different, as it is not.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
emilo wrote:
What sets this apart from storm is that Ice eagle has no additional effect. Sirens have three additional effects, to give it normal power on top of that would make it overpowered. Rain of fire has no additional effect, and does 1100 at just rank 9. It is not overpowered, it just sacrifices effect for power. Braviary, or any eagle couldn't possibly be an Ice bird, regardless of color. Simply put, Ice bird's beak does not have the same shape, thus it would eat different things and be a different species(In a realistic way) Finally, Now that I check, Double attacks are not exclusive to Myth. Life and Death can do it too, by using spirited and deadly Minotaur respectively. Therefore, it is semi-exclusive at most. I also said Somewhat unique, as there are no double hit hit spells that AoE. I didn't say Different, as it is not.

Up until Mermaids, Storm had few spells with effects. The Storm school is about raw power, which is why it's the strongest school in terms of damage. Damage over time in itself is an effect and what gives Fire that added power that rivals Storm. Ice attacks are supposed to be weaker by nature. Whether the attack has effects or not is not the issue here; this attack is way overpowered for Ice in terms of power. Now when I say Icebird, I'm referring to the Sunbird mutation (I'm not sure if you know about it) and it looks very similar to this "Braviary" in my opinion. What that has to do with beak shape or eating habits I don't know, but for me this is a bit of a problem since this Ice Eagle idea comes off like more a mutation than a legit spell. Lastly, double attacks are exclusive to Myth as Life Minotaur and Deadly Minotaur are mutations that must be purchased and are incapable of ownership. And although there are no double hit AoE spells, I still feel that it's Myth's untapped ability to take advantage, not Ice's.