Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What?! Again?!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
I cannot believe it. I came back from a long abscence after the new world came out, and when I checked the spells, I said to myself, I hope they're not like most of storm spells and aren't total duds that sit never being used.

And they were. Even if I was brave enough to use the spell that hits 10000 on self or heals 1000, I wouldn't waste the 4 pips. The mass prism is also useless. I could go on.

Why do we always get such useless spells?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
rupertjames wrote:
I cannot believe it. I came back from a long abscence after the new world came out, and when I checked the spells, I said to myself, I hope they're not like most of storm spells and aren't total duds that sit never being used.

And they were. Even if I was brave enough to use the spell that hits 10000 on self or heals 1000, I wouldn't waste the 4 pips. The mass prism is also useless. I could go on.

i thought they switched it so it heals by 10 100 or 1000

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
rupertjames wrote:

Healing current was change, thanks to the community feedback.

It no longer does 10,000 damage or 1000 heal.

Is now a random heal of 100, 400 or 1000. The spell is very useful, mass prism is also useful against facing multiple targets that need to be converted.

Defender
May 15, 2010
rupertjames wrote:

Yeah storm spells really stink. I am death, hoping the spell i get from this quest is good. Yay, beguile. Wish i got wild bolt instead. Even though that spell is oh so useless. Wanted triton, but no, i got empower. Wanted storm lord, got scarecrow. Who wouldn't choose leviathan and sirens over bone dragon and dr. von's monster? Why complain?

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
As a Fellow Diviner.. I would disagree. Healing Current doesn't attack ones self with 10,000 damage anymore. It heals you 100, 400, or 1000.
Mass prisms is very useful
Enffeable helps more in pvp then anything else.
Piercing Helps more in pvp as well.

Either way I was really happy with our spells. The World of Avalon was very nicely made. The adventure is epic.

Jeffery LionCaller Transcended Diviner.

P.S. Thanks KI for the wonderful world and wonderful spells.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
rupertjames wrote:

There's a spell that does that? Like an Insane Bolt for healing? That's weird. Anyway, I wouldn't call them useless. When fighting groups of enemies that are your school, Mass Prism is a fast way to get them all ready for damage. The Spears are incredibly useful, especially in PvP. Nobody is making you use this, uh, "Insane Heal" (for lack of a better word, not familiar with title.). You can easily use your other spells. Guardian Current (or something along those lines) Can restore 500 health instantly to a defeated playerc (might be a bit different). Life Spear can still be useful. We get a lot of spells this update, no fears.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Yeah and what makes it worse is that you can almost heal that much with satyr costing the same amount of pips. I dont know if it hits only 20% 10000 damage to self like insane bolt but it seems kinda useless at this point

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Mass Prism useless? It's actually VERY helpful, especially when fighting all that are your same type.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
After getting like five 100 healings in a row, you start to think, i wish i had destroyed myself by now. I like the change but never really minded the old one, the failing animation was pretty cool.