Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No good equipment?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
So, I got to level 70 and I could find nothing that was better that the waterworks equipment, but I thought, "no problem wait till they bring out level 70 stuff" But now I am at level 80 and I still can't find ANYTHING that is even nearly as good as stuff from 20 levels below????

Am I not looking in the right places? obviously not including crafted stuff.
Or is this deliberate because the waterworks stuff was too powerful?

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
I was going to ask the same question. Everything I have seen is really low damage no crit and really every other stat is low. I was hoping for new improved gear but even the new wands aren't as good. Before anyone tells me I'm wrong I will say this is my opinion and I'm not stating fact. I havent played through the whole of the new area so. Just curious if anyone has seen any good gear.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I've noticed the newest gear in Avalon, even the ones to craft, are far less than waterworks gear.

Of course, everything I've gotten so far in Avalon I can't use, as it's for every other school except mine. But, what I do see in athames, rings, and amulets is basically the same thing. You might get higher health, but your other stats go WAY down, including no criticals, no resistance, less damage boost than lower level gear/or none at all.

For those people that might want higher health, you sure have to sacrifice a lot to get it. I'd rather hang on to what gear I have, as it's getting me through the battles pretty well with a minimum of fuss.

It's a shame, since Avalon has some hard hitting enemies/bosses, we sure need more health and better stats to help us continue on to future worlds as well.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I have found the following to be good:

Crafted Athame
Crafted Ring
Amulet(s)
Some decks
Ice's crafted robe. (Dont know about hat or boots yet, so probably good)
Wands (After Keep of Ganelon)

Thats just IMO!

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
Defender
Jun 03, 2009
I completely agree the gear stinks! I just shelled out for the life crown gear at level 70 going to take that for a test drive today NOT pleased at all with the dropped gear so far the Trade offs between health and powewr are just too great. Much of it takes OFF the resist so badly needed in battles. Good luck fellow players :)

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Overall, the gear system in Wizard101 is far sub standard to other RPG games. I doubt I'll go 20 levels without some gear upgrades when the new Diablo comes out next week.