Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jabberwock impossible

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
I just did the jabberwock with four of my friends. He actually isnt that hard, You just need to know what TO do and what NOT to do.
First things first. Make sure you have at least one fire wizard! I say this because the key to winning this battle is.. FIRE DISPELS! Also make sure that the fire wizard has reshuffle, or someone in the battle does so that once he or she runs out if you haven't defeated the jabberwock yet you will need those. Also a bunch of people asked me this... "will he still cast the feint if the meteor dispels?" Yes don't worry whatever happens on that third round no mater what he will cast the feint.
Second have either an ice or storm wizard. I am sure you all know but you need these two for certain reasons. You need the storm because storm is the most powerful in damage. You need ice because although it doesn't do the best damage, it will have a big boost on the jabberwock.
Lastly i know what you are all thinking but no you do not need a life. It is actually good to have a balance and this is why. Well number one balance can add a lot of buffs to the ice and/or storm player. so that adds to the attack. Second balance can also deal with dispels. They have elemental and spirit dispel. But don't forget dont dispel till the round before the cheat round or else he will get rid of it with a dragon or fire colosus or something.
So mainly what you need to do is have fire for dispels, ice and/or storm for damage, and balance for extra buffs and dispels also.
- I hope this helps. Happy dueling!

Jack DarkFlame Transcendent Pyromancer
and also (other wizard)
Jack DeathCaller Initiate Necromancer

Explorer
May 14, 2009
I was able to kill him by myself as an ice when I had to do that quest. It wasn't because of my resistance, it was because I used fire shield treasure cards that entire fight, and got rid of his damage from his cheat. You just also need to time attacks perfectly.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Now I remember who Jabberwock is. From what I remember get experienced friends, and they will guide you!

Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
zm33 on May 4, 2012 wrote:
The jabberwock is almost impossible.You can try your best to defeat him and some have but it is almost impossible.I have tried three times with different people and each time a fail.Jabberwock casts a meteor that can kill in three or four times her casts it.His health is way too high,us wizards know you want use to have a challange but at least make it possible may be lower his health or lower the attack of the meteor attack.Who agrees with me and there are no teleports so at least add those.
my wizard name is david mastermind this is how i beat him.get four friends fill you bottles,, each play the cards all the way down to the last second.that give each player time to port back,,keep doing that and you will break him down

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
When is the jabber from these posts I am a bit scared about fighting him please reply.

Ryan Earth Blossom level 75 student.

please reply.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
  • Oh i'm on that too i would buy fire shields and empowerment and you could have a friend or 2 to help you out Alex thunderblade lvl 74 wizard

Survivor
May 31, 2010
you realize that's why he has that 200 percent feint. count the rounds and when at the right round use your strongest attack it's not that I prefer to have a life and an ice and storm

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Pretty straightforward strategy. Goes in cycles of 3 turns

1. Shield
2. Feint/blade
3. Take a cheat mete and hit with enchanted 6 pip spell

Lather rinse repeat.

Have fire resist gear, and a way of having a shield and a hit IN HAND ahead of when your next hit round will fall.

Sideboard: 4-6 fire shields, 3 hits, 2 feints and 2 satyrs

Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
I feel like it's impossible to beat him on the first try(assuming you don't know about his cheats), but with preparation he becomes very easy. His powers, although quite damaging, run in an easily predictable cycle, and during that cycle he becomes vulnerable due to a +200% trap. Just count the turns until you know he's using meteor and then put on a fire dispel the round before. He preys on unprepared Wizards, but becomes the prey himself when a Wizard is prepared.

Andrew FireCoin, 82
Andrew ThunderStalker, 74
Flint BattleHammer, 49
Andrew DuskRunner, 30
Andrew IceHammer, 11

Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
I agree Jaberwock is pretty hard but it's not impossible. Try changing your technique a little bit. And make sure you have at least two life wizards that can cast Rebirth. But i'm sure no boss on Wizard101 is impossible if so send an Email to Wizards notifying them.

Exliar

James StormFlame

Survivor
May 31, 2010
jabberwock is hard and easy because he uses strong meteors plus he puts a 200% feint like really you saying he is hard when he puts that much percent on a feint just blade then attack and he is almost dead XD

Matthew Shadowheart level 90
Kyle Shadowheart level 72

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
Oh my gosh I have been trying to beat the jabber for like a month

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
So can anyone help me beat the jabberwock- my name is Ryan strongleaf no text chat but I kind of prefer a person without text chat

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Your need? Fire wizards.

First, Fire Wizards can deal, in this battle, next to nothing. No prisms allowed.

However, if the Fire Wizard knows the Jabber's pattern (he's very precise on his meteor storms) then he/ she can put a quench up and cancel the spell- and the 200% feint still appears.

My favorite strategy is Death and Fire. Death attracts Taunt while Fire spams shields and quenches while death blades and blades with every possible strike. Then, Death hits when the 200% is ready (lose to him a couple times- learn when the trap comes and goes) he slams with his biggest drain- I've seen a Death in Avalon hit for over 10k. Rinse and Repeat and you're in the Wyrd.

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
Darth JT on May 4, 2012 wrote:
Patience is a Virtue.

Fire Shield is a Friend.

After the Meteor, is a Powerful Feint, make sure you use it the round after the Meteor, or lose all traps.

If this does not help you, nothing will!
Well said.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
You can do it. Like most cheat bosses it's hard until you know what to do, but once you figure out the cheat you can win. I died at first, bit then I remembered what we were told: "strike after he breathes his fire". He cheats with meteor every third round, but when he does he puts a trap on himself. If you shield before the meteor, then attack it isn't so bad. Good luck!

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
Survivor
May 31, 2010
I beat Jabberwock with my storm and my ice friend, Hunter in 1 try. I just storm lord with one blade plus 200% and it did 7,000. and my ice friend finished him off.

Matthew Shadowheart Level 90
Kyle Shadowheart Level 76
Seth (Veteran) Level 5

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Jabberwock is crazy creature. But he isn't impossible! He doesn't like boosting gear. He likes resistance gear. Find in bazaar, gear, what gives top resistance for fire. I am using - (I don't know name but it gives me) Hat 24%, Cape 30%, Boots 18% fire resistance + if you have good pet with proof and defy, it's good too. Than I am using Cosmic Kris and than ring with the same things, like Cosmic Kris. Good is, if you have Life mastery amulet. For minion this resistance isn't many.

- I hope, it helps!

ROBERT - Lvl. 90

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
I'm on High Road not quite on Jabberwock yet. Here's what I think is the key:

Your going to the following Schools help:

Life - Rebirth is an absolute MUST in this duel. If you are a Life Wizard, you'll be the back up. I suggest packing a few Reshuffles for when they run out.

Storm - Self explanitory. Let the Levy & the Sirens be your guide.

Fire - They're not here to DO the damage, but PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING. If you are fire, Spam mindless Fire shields and quenches (I'll explain why down there)

So what you first of all need is 3 potions, and that goes for your entire team. you will need to flee and port back often.

Now the Battle Order.
Now if your an Ice Wiz, go first and soak up a lot of damage while spamming Legion Shields. Any other school besides the ones listed above must go first.

In the second slot needs to be the main attacker. This means storm. Now things get interesting here. On the very turn of the meteor. Have everyone stack balance blades, elemental, and TC Dark Pacts onto your storm. On the very next turn, YOU MUST strike or all of that was a waste.

Your third slot is your Quencher/Fire Shielder, your fire. Your Fire must put as many fire shields up before the meteor and the turn right before it, Quench is key. I can't stress that enough. YOU NEED quench.

On the last spot is the healer, self explanatory. Last Slot = No Damage

Now the spells on each wiz:

Life- Reshuffle, Rebirth, Dryad, Satyr, and Sanctuary Forest Lord w/ Blades optional

Storm - Blades + Sirens + Levy + 140% Supercharge = Win

Fire - 8 Quench, 8 Fire Shield. RESHUFFLE!!!!

I hope this helped because it took too long too type and not get recognition.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
First time I did the Jabberwock I won (I wanna call him the Jabberwocky lol). I was level 65 I believe and my friends and I weren't exactly the kill in one shot team. We would flee and come back a billion times (and we each died about 50 times maybe) and eventually we managed to kill him while we were all back and alive. It just takes patience and a lot of time. The time I fought him for my quest took a lot less time because my friend had 91% resistance (Jade armor and an epic pet) to fire so I healed both of us while he killed in one hit.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
zm33 on May 4, 2012 wrote:
The jabberwock is almost impossible.You can try your best to defeat him and some have but it is almost impossible.I have tried three times with different people and each time a fail.Jabberwock casts a meteor that can kill in three or four times her casts it.His health is way too high,us wizards know you want use to have a challange but at least make it possible may be lower his health or lower the attack of the meteor attack.Who agrees with me and there are no teleports so at least add those.
jabberwock casts the meteor strike every 3 rounds. so if you are in eny of the elemental schools (ice, fire, storm) cast elemental blade. if you are in the spiritual schools cast spirit blade (death, myth, life) then shield. cats the blade that goes along with you're school. keep fire shielding until the third round. then he will cast the powerful meteor strike and put a mega fient. in that same round cast something powerful. (sirens, the level 58 storm, medusa, efrett, wooly mamoths, garden gnomes or something like that.) keep repeating that until he is dead. then kill the minion.
I hope this helped, Justin firethief level 81
p.s.: it helps to put you're school on posts asking for help so people know how to help you.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
pyro52701 on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
I just did the jabberwock with four of my friends. He actually isnt that hard, You just need to know what TO do and what NOT to do.
First things first. Make sure you have at least one fire wizard! I say this because the key to winning this battle is.. FIRE DISPELS! Also make sure that the fire wizard has reshuffle, or someone in the battle does so that once he or she runs out if you haven't defeated the jabberwock yet you will need those. Also a bunch of people asked me this... "will he still cast the feint if the meteor dispels?" Yes don't worry whatever happens on that third round no mater what he will cast the feint.
Second have either an ice or storm wizard. I am sure you all know but you need these two for certain reasons. You need the storm because storm is the most powerful in damage. You need ice because although it doesn't do the best damage, it will have a big boost on the jabberwock.
Lastly i know what you are all thinking but no you do not need a life. It is actually good to have a balance and this is why. Well number one balance can add a lot of buffs to the ice and/or storm player. so that adds to the attack. Second balance can also deal with dispels. They have elemental and spirit dispel. But don't forget dont dispel till the round before the cheat round or else he will get rid of it with a dragon or fire colosus or something.
So mainly what you need to do is have fire for dispels, ice and/or storm for damage, and balance for extra buffs and dispels also.
- I hope this helps. Happy dueling!

Jack DarkFlame Transcendent Pyromancer
and also (other wizard)
Jack DeathCaller Initiate Necromancer
You have blinded me.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
He is impossible for me. I am stuck on him cause of his 1500+ meteor strike every 3 rounds. I'm and I need henchmen in every battle cause i'm not good at fighting. Most of my friends don't have 4000+ health so it's really hard. Can someone help me? I have been using fire shields and dispels. I use level 90 storm henchmen but that doesn't really help. Like I said, can someone PLEASE help me?

-Shannon DuskGrove level 77 Ice

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Shannon DuskGrove on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
He is impossible for me. I am stuck on him cause of his 1500+ meteor strike every 3 rounds. I'm and I need henchmen in every battle cause i'm not good at fighting. Most of my friends don't have 4000+ health so it's really hard. Can someone help me? I have been using fire shields and dispels. I use level 90 storm henchmen but that doesn't really help. Like I said, can someone PLEASE help me?

-Shannon DuskGrove level 77 Ice
You might find some help at the fansites, like this one:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

That fansite also has some great guides for the bosses:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?275714-The-claws-that-clench-A-guide-to-The-Jabberwock

Hope this helps.