Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jabberwock impossible

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
madcatlives4ever on May 6, 2012 wrote:
Anyone beat him without any treasure cards?
It's not that hard to beat him without. You just use some of those strategies up there. In fact, we didn't even have fire shields or fire dispels. I just healed our whole group. No treasure card, no fire shield, no fire dispel, and out only defense was me healing. He's not as hard as you think he is people.
Evan Life archmage hero of avalon
Alyssa heart myth level 17
Jacob darkblade balance level 33

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
You might want to check this guide on how to kill the Jabberwock in 3 rounds (from either going first or second) from one of the fansites here:

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/video-strategy-guide-3-round-jabberwork/

You can do it without treasure cards, but it is easier and quicker with fire dispel treasure cards. :)

Good luck!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
Alright just get lot of fire resist.Call some friend that got fire or tower shields and when he put himself a 200% damages to himself plz use it up before he removes it.And kill minion first. Good Luck

Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
I stoped playing Avalon because I COULDN'T defeat the Jabberwock! I have started another wizard and I will play up to Zafaria and then I will quit and end my wizard 101 contract because it will be the same unless they tone down the Jabberwock and other bosses in the rest of the game. I have already read that Azteca is worst than Avalon and I spend to much money on crowns now.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
zm33 on May 4, 2012 wrote:
The jabberwock is almost impossible.You can try your best to defeat him and some have but it is almost impossible.I have tried three times with different people and each time a fail.Jabberwock casts a meteor that can kill in three or four times her casts it.His health is way too high,us wizards know you want use to have a challange but at least make it possible may be lower his health or lower the attack of the meteor attack.Who agrees with me and there are no teleports so at least add those.
  • Get an archmage storm (lvl 80-90)
  • Be more awesome

• ok thats all -Ryan dragonpants lvl 61 necromancer with text chat

Survivor
Jul 18, 2008
Simply time the round he feints,I killed him with 2 frost giants,I wasn't even close to dead. If your fire just use elemental blades,maybe windstorm (make sure to have a fire shield!) and buy a triton tc,if your health is below 2000 use a satyr.Repeat till he dies

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
yeah, he's a beast for sure. I hd a friend help me out and it was only us two. We nuked him in no time flat because I had the time to build up and stack spells; something you do NOT have time to do solo (unless you get very lucky). So a single fire prism, sun enhanced efreet with multipliers adds up quickly

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
I did, but my friend used treasure cards. She continually casted fire dispels until they were all stacked up, then shielded us while they were coming down. When the Jabberwock casted the meteor strike spell, it hurt us like a normal one and i had all of my traps and blades set up, so once he did the super feint i casted my Franky (Dr Von Katzenstien's Monster) and not only did i defeat the Jabberwock, but i earned the badge One in a Million (you earn this when your strike is 1,000,000)

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
sometimes brute force is a good tactic to use "What were you expecting, a cunning plan? " - sir malory
Alex Ghostrunner
Archmage Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
So many people saying you need at least 3 wizards! Wrong! My fire friend and I, life, did it just the two of us. I dispelled and he hit. I only healed if it was necessary. Which wasn't once. I used Flo (Forest Lord) to get rid of the minion so we could Jafar (Efreet) Jabberwock. If you're trained in Quench (Fire dispel) then you'll find it pretty easy to do as long as you remember to Quench every 2nd turn if you are second and not first. If you're first, every 3rd turn will need Quench, and hit that same round only after you've built yourself up to hit and kill in one shot.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
I found Jabberwock quite easy. I am a fire wizard and I did it with some random ice guy that wanted to go in. It helped a lot the fact that Jabberwock boosted to a really powerful Snow Angel and we were almost done. One of the best things to do in defeating him is having a fire friend with you for shields and dispells (and killing the minion ). A life wizard is, of course, very useful in every situation, but it can be optional if you make sure to heal yourself from time to time. I believe, from my experience, that a team made of a fire wizard and another one, whatever school he is, is more than enough to succed. That being said, I wish you good luck!
(sorry for any mistakes - I am not a native English speaker)

Erin Firesword
lvl 83 Archmage Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I was able to do it after 3 tries. The last time I did it solo but I had to buy henchman to do it. I loaded up with fire dispell and fire shield. The dispells are much more effective. Make sure you have a high level life player with you. I was defeated but the life player brought me back so that I could get the quest. Good Luck.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Jabberwock is tough, but not impossible. I was soloing him the other night in hopes of getting some evil magma peas. (of course none dropped)
Just spam fire shields (the trainer in WC minigames area) and hit him when he drops the big hex. I started out using that with Deer Knight to kill the minion then went to hitting him with vampires. Drains made it much easier, but other schools can do it. Just go in with a plan and you will be fine.
pods

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I was able to do it pretty easily, actually. More like everyone would have not survived the first meteor if i hadn't been there... 79% fire resist did the trick for me, when everyone died, everyone ported to me. I fled twice, one for being defeated and one for being out of cards and not putting reshuffle. The 79% gear can be bought (7% came from my pet, so 72% excluding pet) at the Bazaar for about 15,000 gold.

Hat: Volcanic Mask (Level 54+)
Stats
+6% Fire Accuracy
+24% Fire Damage Resist

Robe: Volcanic Costume (Level 50+
Stats
10 Global Critical Block Rating
+30% Fire Damage Resist

Boots: Cinder Striders (Level 52+)
Stats
+5% Fire Accuracy
+18% Fire Damage Resist

So..... the math:
+30
+18
--------

Oh, and also 11% fire accuracy.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Quench and prisms are all you really need to make it easier.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
Me

William Nightmancer Promethean Thaumaturge

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks to Sarahnimo's awesome post (see wayyy above) I just defeated Jabberwock for my first time, and did it solo. Death Wizard Level 77.

I packed my deck with Wraiths, some Scarecrows, and Gargantuan. Filled all treasure card slots with Volcanic and two reshuffles. Effortless battle lasting 33 rounds (11 cycles of the big heteor hit). I never went below 50% health and completed with full health and cards to spare. I used one reshuffle.

Tips for others: Keep track of the battle cycles on a piece of paper. It makes it much easier and prevents mistakes caused by distractions.

Survivor
May 12, 2012
zm33 on May 4, 2012 wrote:
The jabberwock is almost impossible.You can try your best to defeat him and some have but it is almost impossible.I have tried three times with different people and each time a fail.Jabberwock casts a meteor that can kill in three or four times her casts it.His health is way too high,us wizards know you want use to have a challange but at least make it possible may be lower his health or lower the attack of the meteor attack.Who agrees with me and there are no teleports so at least add those.
Just defeated Jabberwock & thought I would share what I did. I was defeated 3 times then decided to check the "comments" to see what others have done. Thank goodness for everyone's comments. This is the second time I have been helped. I am fire. I went in, summoned three Henchmen, Life, Ice & Death. I loaded my Treasure Card deck with nothing but dispel. I did nothing but dispel Jabberwock the entire battle & let the 3 henchmen take care of him & his guardian. I think he did manage to get in two shots the entire battle but the life henchman took care of all of us with healing.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
There is a really easy trick to defeating this boss.

Edited by Professor Greyrose.

Spoilers...young Wizard.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
Well, thats just what I thought until I collected my thoughts together and decided to beat the Jabberwock.
I actually soloed him.
Anyway here are some tips:
COUNT the rounds.
Round ONE: If its the first round of the battle, nothing will happen, just a regular round.
Round TWO: Its a regular round, always.
Round THREE: Is when he hits with a powerful meteor that gradually increases in damage. If your not a fire wizard, do just what I did, buy TONS of fire shield TCs and put them on before every round 3. This is also the round you'd want to hit - he casts a powerful all school 200% trap on himself, which he automatically removes at round ONE again.

This is how I did it:
Round one, I bladed, tons of blades, TCs, normals, spirit blades, EVERYTHING to boost my attack, even if you have the all school feint, it appears on every 3rd round, so patience is a virtue, wait until you got tons of blades, then hit. During the meteor round.
Forget traps, he removes all of them at round ONE.
Round two - Now, you dont wanna die, so use one of those fire shield TCs and protect yourself (if you want to be protected by them during meteor, make sure its opponents turn FIRST)
Round three - Got all the blades you need? HIT.
If you want to have help, hire a henchman, or just ask some friends, if youre a life wizard like me, heal occasionally just in case.

Just remember to shield, and heal, if youre fire, use dispells too.

Good luck.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
note: this was posted second time fighting jabberwock. I know we will die, I know it. the minions are gone but boss at full. we have fled twice each so one potion left. the meteor comes but shields are up and it doesn't do much. my friend, William deathwhisperer hires a henchmen that heals well but it dies soon. fire shields are the only way we lived this long. I say after we die I will go to bazaar and buy fire resist gear. the meteor comes again and I die with no shields. then my friend dies next round when I was about to port. we lost sadly. my friend gtg, but we will try again tomorrow, i'll use new gear and we will try again and again until we win. persistence is important. you must keep trying. fire shields are friend not foe. fill all potions. never stop believing. fire resistance gear is the only gear. if you stop trying you will never win anything. believe.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
tried jabberwock a third time. attacked every time his 200 trap was up. died 6 times and came back, but finally we won with help from a friend. :) thx to chase dragonstalker.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Jabberwock's not impossible, you just need a few good friends. Try even getting a fire wizard for dispells, and use his 200% trap on himself to use a powerful to do a lot of damage. I did him on my first try with friends.

-Angela DragonStone
the wizard that rokz

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Strategy
Your Friends: Fire Shield, Tower Shield, A good medic on the team
Strategy: Well im Ice so I didn't have much of a problem but wait till the metor strike and the 200% trap (Make sure to load up on charms before hand) And Fire.
I used a mammoth and got 16K damage

Beatin First Try :)

Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
I'm level 74, i've been trying to beat this for the past 4 months. I can't seem to do it solo and when I have help, they end up leaving me stranded. I believe I could do this with a little help, if they would just port back in when killed. I'm getting frustated and I'm about to give up on Wizard 101 and I don't want too. I have gotten the Jabberwock down to about 4,000 doing it solo before I'm defeated.