Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jabberwock impossible

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
honeslty i dont see how i soloed this guy from what all you are saying. all i did was have ww gear put in some converts and went to town with efreet.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I beat him thrice already with my other wizards but I was lucky to have either a random group or friends to beat him with,

Last night i was unlucky, so I tried doing it solo.

Its my Transcendent Death Mage quest. All I did was make a deck that have 0 pips like both colossal and gargantuan, amplify and regular 40 blade. My attack cards was only 7 scarecrow and 7 wraiths. My TC cards were all filled with Volcanic Shields plus 2 reshuffle cards.

At my first two tries, i found it difficult to use Fire dispel because of its 2 pip cost. To try to cast an attack while using it was a disaster pip wise. I also use fire shields but i found the lone Storm minion eating away at my life points too so i had to choose Volcanic Shield (75% shield from storm & fire) and sacrifice 5% less fire def (Fire shield 80%) in the end.

He attacks a hefty no-pip required meteor (1.5K plus) every third turn plus an extra weaker random one if he is able to gain enough pips. So what I did was lay two volcanic shields consecutively then attack (on 3rd turn) when i know he will throw his meteor and give himself a 200 hex. To eat away the Storm minions life, I had to attack with Scarecrow first then use Wraith later on. Because I'm death, no single heal spell was needed (main reason why I used drain attack cards only).

I had to skip attacks at times to cast 40/45 blades, amplify and one reshuffle but the sequence was clear and i was eating away 5-6K until i whittle away his life to zero while i finished with full health.

Friar Nolan said "It's a frabjous day!" afterwards. I Agree!!!

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Transcendent
Brahm

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Well, get maybe 2 people to spam fire dispel/fire shield. And if your not fire, maybe you and someone else can kill him.

Jasmine/Jessica

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
rudolph1942 wrote:
I just did the Jabberwock. While it killed me the first time, i figured out what to do. I am fire, so i loaded a deck with 8 dispels, and 8 minus 80 shields, a few heal spells, and that was all. I got a partner who could kill the jabberwock, if i could stop the fire spells. I had to flee a couple of times to reset my deck, but was able to keep him from firing off his meteor spell.
And we won....

I commend you both for getting past the Jabberwock, but I would appreciate the assistance, since I won't be going any further in Avalon without the aid. In addition, while I acknowledge that the challenges of inhumane boss levels are justified by KI, I believe the 25,000 on the Jabberwock is insane.

I am a level 75 Ice Wizard, and just spent a training point to add Quench in my arsenal, and stopped by the Bazaar to get some Efreeti, but I seriously need help.

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 75 Ice Wizard

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Oxnhorse wrote:
rudolph1942 wrote:
I just did the Jabberwock. While it killed me the first time, i figured out what to do. I am fire, so i loaded a deck with 8 dispels, and 8 minus 80 shields, a few heal spells, and that was all. I got a partner who could kill the jabberwock, if i could stop the fire spells. I had to flee a couple of times to reset my deck, but was able to keep him from firing off his meteor spell.
And we won....

I commend you both for getting past the Jabberwock, but I would appreciate the assistance, since I won't be going any further in Avalon without the aid. In addition, while I acknowledge that the challenges of inhumane boss levels are justified by KI, I believe the 25,000 on the Jabberwock is insane.

I am a level 75 Ice Wizard, and just spent a training point to add Quench in my arsenal, and stopped by the Bazaar to get some Efreeti, but I seriously need help.

Thanks to my wizard friends and associates that helped me defeat the Jabberwock. I am grateful that I could depend on you.

Explorer
May 25, 2009
e4e5nc3 wrote:
Anyone beat him without any treasure cards?

Me, but this was with 3 people.

What you do: Have a fire (Im a fire! )

Fire deck set up:

All fire shields

About 2 phoenixes, 2 efreets, you choose.

A bunch of shields that include fire shields in them (example: volcanic shields)

I don't suggest towers, because it can easily be taken off.

All quenches (aka fire dispels)

You can include other spells you THINK you need.

I did this with a Ice, Death, and some random (sort of annoying, no offence ) fire that was at least level 25.

Have the others attack after the meteor. On the 3rd round, he'll meteor. Only attack when 200%+ is put on. Unless its a overround or he has low health.

BTW, my friend that was the ice person, she had to do the quest.

I suggest you do this with a friend or two.

And if you die, flee, have poitions ready, and port back.

Hope this helps!

~Mari(Taylor) Daisystone, Level 71 Pyromancer.

Explorer
May 02, 2011
Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
Even though I am a lvl 75 I do not know what blades and quenches are,
I am a Pyromancer and I tried with one other and henchmen and could not
beat the Jabberwock. I only have two fire shields and half the time I
can't even use my high spell cards because I can't get enough pips or
power pips . Most of the time I use henchmen because I fight alone .
I help other players when they call me, but when I need help they are
calling me to help them. Also some player are rude they come and when the
fight starts they leave and I have to fight three instead of two.

So if you can cure my ignorance and tell me what blades and quenches
are I would be most greatful.

Wolf Giantheart lvl 75 Pyromancer.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
zm33 wrote:
The jabberwock is almost impossible.You can try your best to defeat him and some have but it is almost impossible.I have tried three times with different people and each time a fail.Jabberwock casts a meteor that can kill in three or four times her casts it.His health is way too high,us wizards know you want use to have a challange but at least make it possible may be lower his health or lower the attack of the meteor attack.Who agrees with me and there are no teleports so at least add those.

Yes, He is hard. Since I'm storm I just decided to spam insane bolt until he died.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
Hiya all if any of ya need help then i will help you .I farm this place solo every day.so just lemme know what realm and time then i will be there to help you to solve this easy quest.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
Excuse my ignorance but were do you get fire dispell and fire shield from?
I have tried two time to defeat the jabberwock and failed. Once by my self snd once with some friends who would help. We didn't have fire dispell or fire shields, and the jabberwock hit us with meteors back to back. I tried to go to wizards 101 community but I can't find the link to ask for help so I am stuck in Avalon. Please tell me how to get fire dispell and fire shields.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
bertieboy wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but were do you get fire dispell and fire shield from?
I have tried two time to defeat the jabberwock and failed. Once by my self snd once with some friends who would help. We didn't have fire dispell or fire shields, and the jabberwock hit us with meteors back to back. I tried to go to wizards 101 community but I can't find the link to ask for help so I am stuck in Avalon. Please tell me how to get fire dispell and fire shields.

I believe those can be purchased from the librarian in wizard city or Krokotopia. I recommend fire shields as getting the timing down for dispell is tricky.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
Paige MoonShade wrote:
Here is a guide that might help
Guide to Jabberwock
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275714

I just fought him with my Brother. It was a messy battle but we were able to battle him without using treasure cards. The first time I battled him in test I was alone. I found the level 40 life henchman helped me alot and she is not a bad price at 40 crowns.

Make sure you have fire shields if you have a training point you can train the shield in the fairgrounds.
I also killed the Jabberwock without treasure cards.It took me two times, but I did it. But unlike you,I had to use four people.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2012
zm33 wrote:
The jabberwock is almost impossible.You can try your best to defeat him and some have but it is almost impossible.I have tried three times with different people and each time a fail.Jabberwock casts a meteor that can kill in three or four times her casts it.His health is way too high,us wizards know you want use to have a challange but at least make it possible may be lower his health or lower the attack of the meteor attack.Who agrees with me and there are no teleports so at least add those.

1). Have a very bossy fire friend who has done this before. Remind her to bring only fire dispels and fire shields and one reshuffle (and maybe a couple meteor strikes).

2). Bring maximum charms (if you're balance like me), maximum shields,some multi-hits, and lots of single hits.

3). Attack ONLY every third round (when he does a meteor strike) because he will cast a 200% Hex after he does his meteor strike. Attacking the fourth round will be attacking without the Hex because he will remove the Hex at the start of the fourth round.

4). Have AT LEAST one fire dispel on the Jabberwock at all times (for his meteor stirkes).

That's everything you need!

Blaze WinterBlossom Edward Bear Bradley SoulSong Seth CrowCatcher Dakota WyrmStalker Zachary DarkTalon

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Patience is a Virtue.

Fire Shield is a Friend.

After the Meteor, is a Powerful Feint, make sure you use it the round after the Meteor, or lose all traps.

If this does not help you, nothing will!

I killed hi on my first try. I got some friends to help me and they knew what to do. Use dispel before meteor and then he will use a 200% feint onn himself and then attack. Easy!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
zm33 wrote:

There are teleports
I defeated him with my brother.
We tried at least 3 times!
The thing about him is the earthquake!
He gets rid of you fire shield! (at least he doesn't cheat - that will make my day - )

But anyway finally we did it

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
natenkate wrote:
I had similar problems, but finally just went with nothing but fire shields in my treasure cards and didn't try to attack until I had 2 or 3 in place.

Not sure what you mean by no teleports? The large arches all around Caliburn are the teleporters to the different areas, and you can teleport into someone who is fighting Jabberwock. If you mean teleporters within each area, I don't really think they are needed. The zone teleporters are central to each area, so the don't leave you that far to run. Keeps you from finishing the new world too fast maybe?

I think teleporters meant by people teleporting to you

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
I succeeded on the second try.
I'm a Life wizard myself, I had a level 78 Ice, 66 Death and a 80 Fire with me.
If you're a Fire Wizard: Focus on Fire shielding. (Shield the healer.)
If you're a Ice Wizard: Bleh, focus on killing Jabberwock and keep track of the Meteor rounds.
If you're a Storm Wizard: Do your best to attack Jabberwock.
If you're a Balance Wizard: Blade.
If you're a Life Wizard: Keep track on the Meteor rounds, best to use Rebirth on the same round.
If you're a Death Wizard: Do your best to attack Jabberwock, maybe have a few Sacrifice(s) in your deck.
If you're a Myth Wizard: DO NOT PUT MINIONS IN YOUR DECK. (They'll be useless.) Do your best to attack Jabberwock.

Tips:
My suggestions - (For a team)
1.) Ice
2.) Life
3.) Fire
4.) Death
-----------------------------------------
1.) Storm
2.) Life
3.) Balance
4.) Ice
1.) Ice
2.) Life
3.) Myth
4.) Storm
1.) Fire
2.) Ice
3.) Balance
4.) Life

Those are just my suggestions, if you have something rude to say, keep it to yourself.

Deck suggestions:
Fire: Fire Dispels (At least 5), Fire Shield (As many as you can) <- MUST have those.
Ice: Boost yourself up to do a kill on Jabberwock. (Blades, Volcanic Shield)
Storm: Boost yourself up to do a kill on Jabberwock. (Blades, Thermic Shield)
Balance: Blades. :>
Life: Rebirths, Satyrs. (Just heals.) (As much as you can.)
Death: What you usually have to battle bosses.
Myth: What you usually have to battle bosses.

Btw, ^ doesn't mean you only need the things I listed up there, just saying that you NEED those.

Abigail Fairyblossom - Level 78 Life (Dun Dara, Avalon.)
Abigail Fairyblossom - Level 50 Balance (The Crown of Fire, Dragonspyre.)
Sestiva - Level 43 Storm (The Tower Archives, Dragonspyre.)
Kristen - Level 31 Death (Katzenstein's Lab, Marleybone.)
Vanessa - Level 11 Fire (Royal Hall, Krokotopia.)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
e4e5nc3 wrote:
Anyone beat him without any treasure cards?
lol i did and i soloed him

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Easy peasy. I'm a fire. I went in with NOTHING but fire dispel in my deck. My team that went with were ice, life and I forget what was fourth. I dispelled Jabby every single turn while my team attacked and healed as necessary.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
i soloed this fight on most my wizards without treasure cards its completely strategy

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
You don't need 4 to beat the Jabberwock. me and my wife beat the Jabberwock with just us two. We did use the life henchmen from the crown shop, but only as healers. As long as one of you are casting Fire Dispels and your friend is attacking him every single chance they can, then you are good, but as soon as he casts a fire spell and it fizzles because of the dispel, Make sure to have one in your immediate hand to cast as soon as your turn comes up.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
The last time we did it Jabberwock never has the chance to cast meteor. I put 32 quench on the side deck plus 8 quench on the deck plus one reshuffle. It was kinda boring for me because I never had the chance to attack. I am fire though. lol!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
It seems impossible, but it is not.
Understand i am going through the same problem.

Everytime he casts, i dont have pips