Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bad luck or something else?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Perhaps it's the frustration of my current fruitless farming attempts, but it seems to me like some of the game mechanics are a little bit picky about working right.

Power Pip Percentage:

At this point, it's starting to seem an awful lot like decoration to me. I checked my character stats and I currently have a 50% chance at power pips, so why does it feel like so much less? I'll notice that more often than not, I will end up reaching all 7 pip slots used with only 1 or 2 of my pips being power pips. Doesn't seem very consistent with a 50% chance, does it?

Accuracy Ratings:

Having not really seen all of the schools, I'm not 100% sure on what all the various accuracy ratings are, but 85% on my death spells seems a bit too high to have 1-3 fizzles in a battle where I only use at most 5 attack cards. What's worse is that I seem to have a 50/50 chance at consecutive fizzles most of the time.

Drops:

I usually here people talk about swords as being really rare drops, and I'm beginning to think it must be REALLY true or I'm just having some really rotten luck. I know that drops are random and that certain things are more common than others. Still, after spending so much time at one boss, you start to wonder about things. I'm losing track of how many times I've fought Ivan Soulsinger in an attempt at winning his sword, so far it hasn't been happening. I've also lost count of the exact numbers on these next drops, but I'm sure I'm pretty close on them.
X6 - Soulsinger's Cowl
X4 - Soulsinger's Surcoat
X5 - Soulsinger's Sandals
X7 - Soulsinger's Blade
X6 - Soulsinger's Signet
Plus or minus 1 or 2 on them, but it still seems pretty excessive when compared to X0 Soulsinger's Soulsword.

Summary:
All in all, I can understand some people seeing this as being a rant of sorts, but I know some people are going to be reading this and nodding their heads thinking about times similar things had happened to them. Of course, I get the feeling that after posting this, I'm going to be getting absurd amounts of power pips, won't fizzle at all for three battles and get the Soulsword the next time I face Ivan.

It may just be me with bad luck, but it could be a problem with the game's mechanics. The only way to know for sure which one it is is if people can offer their own stories. As for me, I'll probably start keeping a spreadsheet tracking at least the power pips and fizzles to come up with more exact figures.