Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I would like a spell called sands of time that could be used for a full amount of pips and once used it remains untriggered for 5 turns if the enemy hasn't killed the user of the spell by then it should do alot of damage to the enemy & OMG i love this thread i have SO many ideas

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
um so I had this idea for a life spell that I think is really good-
Name: Fountain of Youth
description: so this stone fountain pops out of the ground and it would be surrounded by flowers and grass and stuff. The water would start overflowing and wash out towards the enemy who you cast it on. Then, this next part is a bit like the centaur spell: as the water surrounds the enemy, the screen starts to shake and the enemy turns into a giant egg. Like a pet egg, only the size of a person. Then the egg would break up into shards that look sharp. They surround the enemy who was in the egg, and then fly at him/her again, dealing 500-550 damage. It would cost five pips. I gues it would be rank five.

Sarah Moonshade
Magus Conjurer
Summon legends, be a legend.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
I would love for there to be a storm spell that involved you riding the monster and pointing at the target

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
The kraken should have maybe like different attacks instead of getting up on that rock all the time. He should like be swimming and then grab the lightning bolt that should be more attacks- also you should add like dangerous music to that

Alia Winterwhisper level 17

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Skeletal Pirate

A pirate ship would be sailing along and the camera would zoom in on it. There would be a skeletal pirate sleeping on deck then suddenly wake up and would jump off at the opposing enemy and throw his sword the guy

Survivor
Jul 03, 2013
I love how when you're chatting during a battle and a scarab or frost beetle ya know decides to headbutt you in the stomach or a dark sprite is trying to steal your soul. Or the best one, the locust swarm picks you up and you wave frantically around and later you just have to be like " so yeah i: "
Should fix those ...
I also don't like the thunder snake at all. I don't like being electricuted by his tail or have static electricity screamed in my face. Instead, why can't it be like the snow serpent? That would be nice

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Several spell animations need to be sped up or be cut in length--they take so long that people forget the spell effects they're under (e.g., "Oh wait we are stunned. D'oh!").
Here's a list of the biggest offenders. They are too long. (When these are cast, I groan and leave the room to make a sandwich. I come back and they're still going.)
  • Frost giant
  • Snow angel
  • Ra
  • Forest lord
  • Goat monk
  • Humongofrog
  • Orthrus

For contrast, here are some spells that are shorter in length and still awesome.

• Meteor
  • Sandstorm
  • Spectral blast
  • Blizzard
  • Wild bolt
  • Kraken
  • Minotaur
  • Vampire
  • Poison

Survivor
Jan 10, 2013
How about maybe in the storm snake, he slithers up to the opponent and swallows them like the storm shark does. Just an idea.

Maybe for storm shark you could go to the sharks eye point of view and make the opponent look like chicken or fish or something like that, he licks his lips, then eats him

Also for the swarm of bees, the more bees, the more damage or the same concept with anything.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Imp is so annoying! It just sits there and music comes out of it's stomach. It's laugh is weird too. I think the imp should fly around the enemy sorta like death fairy and then slap the enemy. That would make me laugh every time I cast it.
Alia Winterwhisper -

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
honestly i believe they should add the spells for Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon to the wizard spell decks its taunting seeing spells you can't use

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
I would like too see some kind of actual animation for poison and scald, you guys come up with ideas for what

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
eakilian on Jun 7, 2008 wrote:
Spell animation. How would you change any of the spell animations in the game? Or is there one you would like to add? Describe in detail. Let your imagination take over!
I think for centaur don't make the tree grow explode and be hit by splinters :P you should make it go in slow motion as it is but make it just hit the player. for sunbird you really should make it more intimidating because it just looks like a cute bird. and colossus you REALLY REALLY need to make it stronger even kraken is stronger and you train it at a whole 20 levels lower.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
death demon: ( death, obviously )
a bit different, a little girl ( dark brown hair, simple very light pink dress, barefoot )sitting on the floor, she collapses, a beam of black light shoots on her, the ground cracks open and she down falls down, she returns to the over world moments later ( she has black hair, ripped black dress, barefoot with a pair of ripped wings ) and she comes to the enemy and scores her 'claws' ( pointed black nails ) across them as a eerie glowing white light forms in her hands, they jump, she turns around to you, she lifts her glowing hand and push it towards you and you receive health

I was thinking something like damage 1000 health and receive 500, maybe for like 9 pips?

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 36 theurgist

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
I've been looking at this post for years, but now I finally have something to say!

Lord of Winter- Crit and Block should be shown at the same time. Also, the animation should be shorter.

I'm Haley MoonHeart and I approve this message.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
basketballchamp8 on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:
I think for centaur don't make the tree grow explode and be hit by splinters :P you should make it go in slow motion as it is but make it just hit the player. for sunbird you really should make it more intimidating because it just looks like a cute bird. and colossus you REALLY REALLY need to make it stronger even kraken is stronger and you train it at a whole 20 levels lower.
Its attack is low because ice wizards are only defensive. I do agree for centaur and sunbird though.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2012
Alia WinterWhisper on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
Imp is so annoying! It just sits there and music comes out of it's stomach. It's laugh is weird too. I think the imp should fly around the enemy sorta like death fairy and then slap the enemy. That would make me laugh every time I cast it.
Alia Winterwhisper -
good idea because it dousnt make sense that his music hurts you!

Survivor
Oct 30, 2012
Vanessa891011 on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
death demon: ( death, obviously )
a bit different, a little girl ( dark brown hair, simple very light pink dress, barefoot )sitting on the floor, she collapses, a beam of black light shoots on her, the ground cracks open and she down falls down, she returns to the over world moments later ( she has black hair, ripped black dress, barefoot with a pair of ripped wings ) and she comes to the enemy and scores her 'claws' ( pointed black nails ) across them as a eerie glowing white light forms in her hands, they jump, she turns around to you, she lifts her glowing hand and push it towards you and you receive health

I was thinking something like damage 1000 health and receive 500, maybe for like 9 pips?

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 36 theurgist
you have to think about younger players. It is somewhat innapropriate for them.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
Waterworks Warrior on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Don't count your pet eggs before they hatch Hamster101 isn't coming out that is very ridiculous
Dude, it was just this person's daughter that said this. It was just a joke.

Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
All of the sharks should have a different animation for criticals.

1. It gets quiet for a second then you hear an ominous violin notes (think the Jaws theme).
2. A fin appears, heads straight for the target, then sinks below the surface again.
3. Quiet again.
4. Two more urgent violin notes and a glowing circle appears around the target.
5. "Critical!" appears on the screen
6. Target is jerked down into the circle, maybe with the classic grunt some enemies give when hit.
7. A final violin note as the damage total appears.
8. As the turn goes to the next player, the target reappears if it survived.

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
Antonio Shadowbrea... on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
All of the sharks should have a different animation for criticals.

1. It gets quiet for a second then you hear an ominous violin notes (think the Jaws theme).
2. A fin appears, heads straight for the target, then sinks below the surface again.
3. Quiet again.
4. Two more urgent violin notes and a glowing circle appears around the target.
5. "Critical!" appears on the screen
6. Target is jerked down into the circle, maybe with the classic grunt some enemies give when hit.
7. A final violin note as the damage total appears.
8. As the turn goes to the next player, the target reappears if it survived.
I really like this idea!!!

Antonio Sandshade, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I think on those spells like steal ward and steal charm spells that the ice and fire schools use should have a little more flare to them when they're used.
Like when an ice student uses steal ward or snowdrift to take a shield or overtime heal there should be a snowdrift like trail for the shield or overtime heal to follow along with the sound of a wintery gust of wind.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
TheBigBadWolf on Jun 19, 2008 wrote:
Ghoul Spell

I've got another minor issue for you guys on a pair of great cards. The Ghoul spell (the one with the undead in the cemetery with the shovel) has the sound effect of a crow cawing during the animation, yet there's no crow in the visual. Please add a crow sitting on a gravestone just to match the awesome sound file. :)

Banshee
Similarly, the Banshee spell involves her clearing her throat and turning her head to the side, but it's unclear that that's what she's doing because it sounds like she's quacking like a duck. :P Perhaps making her intro a little longer and/or adding a throat spray bottle to loosen her vocal chords would make it clearer that the duck noises at the beginning are her clearing her throat.
I don't think she's clearing her throat, she's laughing evilly before she screams at you.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Jeremy Firehunter on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
good idea because it dousnt make sense that his music hurts you!
You do know that music is the very idea behind life magic?
Besides who ever said that sound couldn't hurt you?
The animation makes sense to me ,though I wish the imp didn't go out of scene so quick.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
dg051998 wrote:
um isnt the instrument hes holdidng a flute
His instrument might actually be a small violin or some other string instrument you play with a bow.
(When I say bow I don't mean the thing you wear on your head or the thing you put on gifts just to be clear.)

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
TheBigBadWolf on Jun 17, 2008 wrote:
Mythbat

Note - I don't particularly care for his look. I don't cast him because I think he's icky looking.

Weak - wing slap.

Strong - Current animation (blood spit).

Troll

Weak - Flip his club up into the air, catch it, then throw the club at the opponent.

Strong - Current animation (ground pound).

Cyclops

Intro - Please shorten his intro a little. It's enjoyable and well designed, but long.

Weak - The current howl animation without the ground smash.

Strong - The current ground smash without the howl animation.

Humongofrog

Intro - I get why he's shown landing on part of the globe, but the green splat mark under him after he drops in just looks odd, off, and vaguely disturbing. Give him a lily pad or have him stay seated on the globe. The green smear mark is...icky.

Weak - Tongue smack.

Strong - Current animation (fish bits vomit). By the bye, this animation is also vaguely disturbing. It's funny to see the fish bits (is that part of the storm shark?), but the green boiling goo he vomits makes me vaguely uncomfortable.

Locust Swarm

Name - Please change this one to "Insect Swarm." As an alternative, please make the locusts look a little more like locusts.

Weak - Scarabs swarm out of the mouth.

Strong - Current animation (locust swarm).

Storm Shark

Agreed - Mr. Storm Shark needs a second attack. :-) I'll let the Storm players suggest one, though.

Fairy

Intro - I like the above user's comment about having her appear on a mushroom.

Fire Elf

Agreed - He needs a second animation even if his damage never changes.

New Cards

I want to hold off suggesting new cards/animations until I've reached the level cap and have seen all the available animations. My only (minor) disappointment so far at level 22 is that the Magma Man does the same attack animation as the Evil Snowman (who by the way is awesome; give those artists a raise!).
Locust Swarm is called Locust Swarm because Locust Swarms come from the desert, deserts are to do with balance (for a reason that I haven't found an explanation for yet), therefore Locust Swarm is not called Insect Swarm because not all insects live in the desert, making it not a Swarm of Insects, but a Swarm of... You guessed it! Locusts!