Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I've noticed there is a problem with the "Attack all" spells. If the first enemy is already taken out, the subject of the spell should be looking towards the next opponent, right? But it looks at where the first enemy would be, and right before it attacks, quickly switches to look at the next opponent. Can that be fixed? Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 10 Thank you for your time.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
I would like the phoenix spell to have the phoenix bursting out of lava and out of a volcano then attacks the target. I would also like different movement depending on the amount of damage.
Weak: Small fireballs
Medium: Shoots same ol' flames
Tough: Flames with fireballs surrounding it
Critical: Phoenix covers itself with fireballs and charges at target

That's what I think can be better about the phoenix

Olivia Dragon Level 36

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Sacrum on Jul 18, 2012 wrote:
I do find some of the spells that are essentially copies with just the most minor of variations to be rather lame and uninspired. The same goes for having the same method/style of attack.

For example, the evil snowman ... very amusing twist on old Frosty. Kudos for that idea! However, the evil magma man, or electric snowman (storman), or sand man .... lame. All they are is a lazy rehash of the snowman. I know it takes more time to design something different, but it would look a heck of a lot better if their look differed more than just in coloration and if their attack styles differed.

For the magma man, make him less well formed -- like a wax mannequin that has been hit with some serious heat and so has melted somewhat (perhaps just a lump with eyes for a head on top of the shoulders ... no neck). Keep the current magma man colors but ditch the pipe, hat, and knife. For its attack, have it scoop up some lava, form it into a ball and throw it at its target.

For the storm man, make him out of ball lightning (like what you have inside the ribcage of the bone dragon mount). Again ditch the pipe, hat, and knife. For attack, have it summon a small storm cloud that zaps the target.

For the sandman, again, ditch the pipe, hat, and knife. Make it human in form but without well defined features ... rather like some of the really old statues one sees in some ancient sites or in old cemetaries in which all the sharp details have been worn away.

Storm snake verse fire snake, another rehash. Keep the storm snake as is. Retool the fire snake. Don't give it the storm snake's tail zapping attack. Have it breath fire/flames upon its target. Change its look to be different from the storm snake. Maybe go for a rattler look. This would make its appearance significantly different from both the storm snake and the frost snake.

Storm bats vs fire bats, yet another rehash. Keep the storm bats as is ... very cool attacks for them. Whereas the storm bats form a triangle and unleash their "shock ray", have the firebats spin in a circle at that position and release a concentrated stream of small fireballs. (**By the way, I do find it odd that there are no death school spells with bats. There is such a long tradition of associating the little guys with "things that go bump in the night".)

Ice wyvern vs fire wyvern ... *sigh* yet again. Ice wyvern, quite cool. Keep it as is. Make some real changes to the fire wyvern's look. Give it some of the blackened/burnt look the fire colossus has. Instead of the two horns of the ice wyvern, perhaps a set of short spikes running down the head and perhaps a backward curving one on each side of the chin. Remove or reduce the legs, ditch the mane. For attack, instead of the ice wyverns arctic wind scream, a locomotive boiler's bellowing of steam and ashes.

Storm shark verse fire shark vs ice shark ... *sigh*. Talk about cookie cutter critters. I can see where designing different attacks for each would be difficult here but at least change the shark bodies! Storm shark keep as is. Quite sweet that one. Fire shark, go with a hammerhead and change the dorsal fin! Makes no sense for the fire or ice sharks to have the jagged lightning edge to their fin. For the fire shark, perhaps make the fin sweep back and come to a point more like a flame. Ice shark, make it more transparent/glassy like an ice sculpture and make its body more angular ... more like it is faceted. Again change the dorsal fin.
Same with the icecat and stormcat, gotta change them

Survivor
Jun 24, 2012
eakilian on Jun 7, 2008 wrote:
Spell animation. How would you change any of the spell animations in the game? Or is there one you would like to add? Describe in detail. Let your imagination take over!
I've always wanted to see a Manticore spell, It would appear out of a canyon, reveal all of its components, (Snake tail, Lion head, ect) He would then do 800 damage normally, and have a 750 Overtime. This is an idea for a rank 11 spell. I was thinking it could be fire due to the fact fire specializes in doing damage over time.

-Blaze Fireshade, Level 75

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
I would make spells like thunder snake and lightning bats that do not have any background on the battle circle have a background. That would make them way cooler.

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
You know, for a higher leveled school of life, there should be a spell that has to do with plants.

My ideas:

Venus Fly Trap: 10 pips Spell type: damage
Damage: 1195 and 25%- to next spell

Animation: The camera zooms in on a seed in a flower pot. Suddenly, a vine shoots out of it with tons of leaves, growing thicker and taller until the plant at the top bursts. The camera zooms out as the venus fly trap snaps and bites wickedly. The plant focuses on the player and lunges forward at the player and snaps at him/her.

Gravity Failure: 10 pips. Spell type: damage
Damage: 1100 , 1225 , or, 1400

Animation: Ice: The middle of the arena is surrounded by snow, that suddenly, floats upward,engulfing the player in a huge amount of snow, damaging, then smashing to the ground.
Storm: A stormy cloud over head, starts to drift towards a the player until the player is unseen. A series of lightning bolts is heard, attacking the player.
Fire: A burning forest is set in the middle, spreading to more and more trees, until everything is engulfed, until the trees come flying at the player.

Witch: 10 pips. Spell type: steal
Damage: 900 and give half to caster

Animation: A witch on a broom is seen flying everywhere around the screen: She lands and stares at the player. She takes the broom and absorbs health, dealing damage: She turns to the caster and heals him/her half the damage.

Shipwreck: 10 pips. Spell type: Damage
Damage:1500 and 50%- accuracy to the next spell

Animation: A stormy ocean with a boat is set in the middle where an assortment of screams are heard. A boat that is half in the water is seen, bow up. It cracks and falls on the player, attacking them.

More in my next post!

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
Housefire: 10 pips. Spell type: damage over time
Damage: 900 and 600 over 3 rounds

Animation: a fire is seen in a house window, that quickly engulfs the house. The house starts to collapse: windowsills falling and roof caving in, etc. Then, wood splinter and the front part of the flaming house, falls on the player dealing damage.

Polar Bear:10 pips. Spell type: damage
Damage: 1000 and stun for 2 rounds

Animation: a cave in the arctic is seen as a giant polar bear is seen with her cubs. The bear growls, and stares at the player. She lunges at him and scratches, dealing damage. The cubs then crowd near the player, stunning them.

Sphinx: 10 pips. Spell type: damage
Damage: 100 then 1350 damage

Animation: A woman with the body of lion appears in a grassy meadow. With her wings she flies around and lands right in front of the player. She blows wind with her wings causing the first of the damage. Then, she stares a deadly stare at the player. She lunges at the player screaming and bites them, dealing the second round of damage.

Feel free to tell me what you would edit!

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
well, I believe that we should each have our own specific color for our spell animation. LIke, even though I'm balance, my spell animation isn't tan, but teal or something

Survivor
Jun 10, 2011
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
robzillatx on Jul 6, 2008 wrote:
I'm in a silly mood today, so here are some silly spell suggestions (please excuse me if any of these already exist in the game ... I haven't made it past level 7 yet and haven't look at them all):

Squirrel Storm:
spell turns the target into a giant acorn and a swarm squirrels rushes in and either carries the target away or nibbles on the target.

Crab Wave (similar to above):
A large wave splashes over the target and leaves several crabs pinching the target.

Ankle-Biter:
Makes the target's pet (if any) attack it's owner (at the ankles, of course).

Vine Divine:
Vines come out of the ground and lash (or zap, if you don't want any display of physical attacks) the target.

Banana from Above:
Flying monkeys bombard the target with bananas (or squeeze the bananas to shoot the fruit at the target)

Mucous Malice:
A giant worm pops out of the ground and slimes the target.

Bigfoot Afoot:
Bigfoot runs by the target and steps on the target's toes.

Yeti Yell:
This one's obvious, right?

By the way, my seven-year-old daughter would like to know when Hamster101.com is coming.

Don't count your pet eggs before they hatch Hamster101 isn't coming out that is very ridiculous

Squire
May 10, 2013
If I had to make a Idea, I would have WILD ideas.

Maybe, Wild Elf.

Fire Elf 3 times bigger the damage.

Pyranisour
Take 1000 Damage to deal 70000 damage.

Shadow Queen
Destroy Morganthe (I would use this as a cool cheat to finish Ghost Avalon and..)

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Chinese Dragon
Kappa
Koi
Kirin
Foo Dog
Peacock
Armodillo

You should post more!

Survivor
May 23, 2010
Spell animation. How would you change any of the spell animations in the game? Or is there one you would like to add? Describe in detail. Let your imagination take over!
each school gets their own teacher as a spell at lvl 70 and the spell does for each school 80-1600 damadge to all enemies

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
I've got a couple of ideas for the Krokotopia spells:

Krokomummy: You've got a sarcophogus rising from the ground. Around it are torches in a tomb. A shock comes, and the door falls off of the sarchophogus, exposing the krokomummy. The krok's eye open, and he emerges from his sarchophogus, with the sarcophogus falling behind him. (Buffs/debuffs use now) The mummy would take the flame of a torch in one hand, and the flame of the other in another. He would bring the fire upwards, and throw it at the enemy.

Krokotillian: A throne arises (Sort of like Lord of Winter). There are torches coming down the staircase to the throne. Manders are worshiping the above Krok. The Krok looks down, seeing the enemy. He jumps up from his throne, points at you, and comes flying down to the ground. (Buffs/debuffs use now). The Krok creates this magical energy at the end of the two staffs he carries. Bringing the two close to each other, the energy grows visibly stronger. He swings the staffs, and the energy is released upon the enemy.

Those are my ideas, hope you like!

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
Fire Dragon: The dragon could burst into flames and swirl around for a few seconds then fly off. A fire starts and spreads really fast. It damages each of the players. The next round instead of damaging from that blade circling the wizard the wizard bursts into flames.

Antonio Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
bunnyukti on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
Housefire: 10 pips. Spell type: damage over time
Damage: 900 and 600 over 3 rounds

Animation: a fire is seen in a house window, that quickly engulfs the house. The house starts to collapse: windowsills falling and roof caving in, etc. Then, wood splinter and the front part of the flaming house, falls on the player dealing damage.

Polar Bear:10 pips. Spell type: damage
Damage: 1000 and stun for 2 rounds

Animation: a cave in the arctic is seen as a giant polar bear is seen with her cubs. The bear growls, and stares at the player. She lunges at him and scratches, dealing damage. The cubs then crowd near the player, stunning them.

Sphinx: 10 pips. Spell type: damage
Damage: 100 then 1350 damage

Animation: A woman with the body of lion appears in a grassy meadow. With her wings she flies around and lands right in front of the player. She blows wind with her wings causing the first of the damage. Then, she stares a deadly stare at the player. She lunges at the player screaming and bites them, dealing the second round of damage.

Feel free to tell me what you would edit!

Sierra Hex - - level 33
Wow I love your ideas! They're so creative I would like to see that in the game

- Scarlet Fireblood level 64

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I think most of the death spells just flipping around to heal you they actually turned around while all the other inanimate objects stayed facing the opponent.

Matthew Rainbowfist & Matthew Dragonflame

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
A dragon riding paladin since we didn't get any Avalon themed spells.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
With most "attack all" spells, I find it disturbing that the spell disappears between people.
For example Sirens has an empty rock between attacks, and Ra disappears completely. I know Storm Lordis just fog and Humongofrog disappears as well. So does Forest Lord. And Scarecrow. They all do. It just makes me uncomfortable. Maybe have them just stand there before they turn to the next target? Please don't make them disappear.

ALSO Sirens again, they sing to lure sailors to their death. In the game, they basically scream. Can you make them sound prettier? It just destroys the concept of the sirens when they don't appear inviting.

Powernova is a balance spell, but I have always found it to look like a fire spell. Could it be sand instead of lava?
The Chimera spell is not consistent with mythology. I do like it though.

P.S. love the game animation

Rebecca Emeraldflame lvl 75 sorcerer

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
On the Kraken, the lightning bolt looks so solid that it almost looks like plastic. I think it would be cool if the lightning bolt was flashing and had little electricity zapping from the main bolt.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
the von monster spell takes to long shortening that somehow would be cool.

something for the kraken could be that hes chained up with that thing on its kneck and he breaks the chains then attacks.
for the death ninja pigs instead of making it the same as the myth ones have the death pigs move quickly around like past building and have them attack quickly from no where they are ninjas after all

the banshee could be floating out of a graveyard or something then attacks instead of coming out of the ground

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Molly the Balance ... on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
Spell ideas- I am not going to do damage because I am horrible at figuring them out.

Leopard
Damage over time
A baby leopard cub runs over to you. It s snuggles up to you. A bigger, female leopard runs up to her baby. She roars at you.

Ice age
To all, remove all shields.
A wooly mammoth pack walks by, ignoring you. Then the earth splits in half, you being caught right in the middle.

Hurricane
To all
A park scene where two girls are sitting, chatting. The sky turns dark. The girls flee. The hurricane wipes you out.

Hobo(still working on the title)
One, heal back
A man in torn clothes with a bag comes over to you and drops on his knees. He then gets angry at you and throws the bag at you. He then looks at the caster, and gives his bag to them.

Jersey devil
To all
A jersey devil comes. Then blood bats surround him and pick him up. Then they hover him over to you. He then attacks.
Can't think of and.
Got them!
-
Sandman
To one, stun
Child is sleeping in bed, sandman comes over. He puts the child to bed, then turns to enemy. He throws dust on the enemy.
And...
Cupid
To all
Cupid comes in, shoots an arrow at the enemies.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
Joseph Boomfountain: 51 Pyromancer
I would like to also give credit to my friend Jacob Skullfinder for this death spell. It could be level 98 spell?
Name: Hades Gate
Animation: Vampire Coffin comes up, the Vampire is shown, makes his sound, then disappears. The coffin opens up and then chains come out and grab the target and then pulls said target in. The coffins closes and afterward bounces a bit with punching sounds emitted. The coffin opens up and spits out the target back to its space with damage done. idk how much damage it could do. Here's my idea!

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
gweedoboy on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
A dragon riding paladin since we didn't get any Avalon themed spells.
Well, we did get Handsome Formori, Catalan, and Deer Knight, but some more would be cool.
How about that war ostrich?

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
I think it would be really cool to add new crafting gear that has same stats as the Hades gear(Blackthunder armor,Hades armor of torment and more...)! Thanks! :)