Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
I think the Minotaur spell looks a little cheap; instead of those little pillars, he should walk out of a large labyrinth or palace.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
i would say that the character animation would be different based on the school and attack,
for example, if wizard A hit wizard B then the wizard would be there and on his turn the cube melts and he shivers quickly before he casts a spell. or when a spell inflicts physical damage and it is weak the player would "fight" back seemingly avoiding extra damage.

with determination, the wheels of fate will drive to success, gs

Survivor
Jan 31, 2013
For the armor spells that often deflect multiple attacks (spirit armor, frost armor, etc.), there is no real animation when these are struck. The sound when no damage is taken is good, but it would be nice to see something more visual (leaves or energy flying off for spirit armor, ice or snowflakes for ice armor, etc.). These are very effective spells that could use just a bit of punching up, animation-wise, when they are hit. A bit of a flash when they drop may also be cool. Thanks.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
Alright, So I was thinking. our light hit spells or "wand spells" that take you in the middle of battle to attack, are pretty boring.
I know they are LIGHT but, I think, maybe if the spell were to defeat the enemy, it'd be nice if the spell had a cut scene
nothing too dramatic, keep the same time duration of the spell. Just add some camera angles
For instance, something like the spell ninja pigs.

Bow and arrow, perhaps make the camera pan out while the attacker is aiming, then when the attacker shoots, move the camera to go first person of the arrow, three times just as the animation does

Great weapon, start the camera in front, on the floor looking up at the attacker, and when the wizard flings the weapon, vigorously point the camera toward the victim

These are all I got.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
I would add fizzle animations. Fizzles are supposed to be like misses, right? So, why not add fail animations for each spell? It would add a lighter atmosphere to the game.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Totally agree with wand animations, would like to see that.

Fizzle animations, I second that, personally I am thinking facepalm.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Seraph
Weak: the current animation

Strong: Instead of just raising her sword maybe she could raise it up the light shines on the sword and the sword turns golden then she points the sword at the enemy and runs them through

Centaur
Weak: Current animation
Medium: Shoots 4 arrows all at once towards the target then he bull rushes them
Strong: He fires multiple arrows into the sky tosses his bow in the air pulls out duel scimitars slashes twice. He then catches the bow steps back and arrows rain from the sky.

Minotaur
Instead of the one he has now he walks up slashes the enemy backs up and literally bull rushes them

Kraken
weak: the current one
Strong: He walks up grabs the enemy head butts them spins and does a tail whip dives into the water then an electric whirlpool with tentacle lashing out hits them.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2013
More spells to add:
1. A spell that makes the bad guy go to your side and fights the other. This can not work with a boss though.
2. For . Piles of ice will form into a giant frost monster and attack the apposing team (Golden Card).
3. For . A mermaid will jump out of the water, sing and it will heal you (Golden card).
4. For . A zombie with a chainsaw can go to the apposite team and attack the bad guy.
5. For . You can summon a dragon to fight along side you (Golden card)
6: For . You can have a fairy use it's magic to create a tornado that attacks the apposing team.
7: For . A goldfish can swim around, get frozen and roll to
the person you are attacking.

Changing the current spells:
1. For the frost snake, it could show it's fangs and charge to the apposing team.
2. For the magma man, he could juggle fire balls and hurl them at the attacker.
3. The unicorn could run out of a palace into a rose garden and use it's magic to heal you.

Isabella

Survivor
Sep 14, 2011
In spells where it goes to all enemies, most of them disappear after hitting the first enemy, then reappear when hitting the next enemy. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the spell animation, but I think it needs fixing.
-Sean Shadowrider Lvl 85

Survivor
Sep 14, 2011
Brooklen Sparkhear... on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
More spells to add:
1. A spell that makes the bad guy go to your side and fights the other. This can not work with a boss though.
2. For . Piles of ice will form into a giant frost monster and attack the apposing team (Golden Card).
3. For . A mermaid will jump out of the water, sing and it will heal you (Golden card).
4. For . A zombie with a chainsaw can go to the apposite team and attack the bad guy.
6: For . You can have a fairy use it's magic to create a tornado that attacks the apposing team.

1. For the frost snake, it could show it's fangs and charge to the apposing team.
3. The unicorn could run out of a palace into a rose garden and use it's magic to heal you.

Isabella
I think the spell "Beguile" already makes targets go to your side. Not permanently though.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
make stormzilla bite instead of the one animation he has

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Aquascaper on Jun 10, 2008 wrote:
Leprechaun
Show the varying damage through the amount of coins he throws. E.g. Weak damage he throws a few, Heavy damage he throws heaps and perhaps even the pot?!

Fairy

I like the scene the fire elf has, so i would apply a scene to the fairy - When cast the fairy appears sitting on the edge of a giant spotted mushroom. It then looks toward the caster, giggles and flies up to heal them.

Imp

Imps are tricksters and performers.

Weak damage: normal imp animation + appearance of two other imps which remain stationary near the caster, making booing sounds.

Average: normal imp animation.

Strong: normal imp animation + appearance of two imps that remain stationary, applauding and cheering.
Throwing the pot at the player or npc would really be funny, i like that idea thumps up!

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Brooklen Sparkhear... on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
More spells to add:

Isabella
That seems so cool I totally agree with you. Nice idea!

-Amanda pixiesmith

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
I would love to see the wand spells change up a little. Instead of us casting the spell and watching the effect, i would love to see us wave our wands/staves/bows/swords and watch basically what looks like a miniature comet leave our wands and just fly across the arena hitting our selected target. And also i would like to see more of the spell animations from all the commercials for the game. That would be lovely :D

Cameron Lotusmender (4

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
I would like a spell that damages all enemies on the other team, and also heals all on the casting team. Not a lot, like the odds are high healing+low damage or high damage+low healing. I think that would be very cool. It could be like a burst of light from the middle of the arena - one that slowly (not too slowly) builds, winks out, and then BOOM hits everyone, healing and damaging. And it could be available to all schools, with the damage type changing according to a wizard's school.
I would especially like for this to be available to life wizards, because most players expect us to put healing before hitting, and it can get frustrating, so this way we'd be doing both at the same time.

Also, a cool spell would be one that is almost completely random. A similar animation to the one above, but either just hitting one person with a heal or damage over time, or an entire team with one heal or damage. With most of the spells in the game, you can pretty much tell exactly what it's going to do if you've been playing for a while and are familiar with your character and its abilities. I think this spell would add a special spark of unknowing( I can't think of the work I want to use ugh) to the characters that have been playing so long it gets into an almost routine.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Squirrel on Jun 9, 2008 wrote:

This is probably too time intensive, but worth mentioning.

I would love to see variations to the way the spell recipient reacts based on different amounts of damage.

For instance:
Light damage to a creature or player may make him shrug and flick an imaginary fly off his shoulder.

Small damage: A slight "windmilling arms" as if he was a little off balance.

Medium damage: Doubles over as if receiving a gut-punch.

Heavy: staggers backwards a few steps.

Very heavy: Knocked on his rear end, climbs back to his feet.

I like it!

I'm Dragon Princess, and I approve of this message

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Wizard101FanWiki wrote:
Ditto that.

The Ghoul spell. He draws life from your opponent and then gives half of it back to you as health. Personally instead of turning the animation, which breaks the feel of the battle some what for me, why not have him just turn his head back towards you and reach out his arm on that side with his hand open fingers splayed kinda of like a claw and energy flowing from the hand into you. then he falls back into the grave.

Just a couple of ideas.

p.s. The death school basic attack needs the animation improved. A lot of times you can't even tell if it is doing anything.
i love that idea i want wraith to do that too :D EPIC

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
electricme on Mar 2, 2009 wrote:
The only reason I think that astronomy school (Sun, stars, moon) should NOT exist is because there is already a rare clothing class called astral and has stars and all of that, like the astral robe of the minotaur or whatever it is called.

Malvin Goldcrafter: Level 32 Thaumaturge, 2158 health, 250 mana
true but the school gear would have only that school on there plus the magic drawn symbol on them

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
i have a idea for hydra i think it should be completely made up of the the three elements and its animation should be changed to be like this a cloud drops icy hail that makes the snowy ice head then from that same purple and blue cloud a lightning bolt should come and hit the ground and i lightning head comes out of ground the of some side sparks from that hits the ground then creates a flame witch out of comes the flame head then attack and in a red blue and purple puff of smoke the snake like elemental heads all disappear :)

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
Most Spell animations if not all could use a look over, some animations are ridiculously long such as Rain of Fire and Ra. Not that the spells aren't cool, but when you've played the game as long as I have it gets tedious. Suggestions to shorten a spell like Ra could be maybe only one beam to attack all enemies instead of creating a new beam for each target. Just a thought that would definitely improve the game, being a college student I don't have much time to play anyways, wouldn't want to waste a majority watching spells go off.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2014
Okay I think cyclops intro is wayyyy to long it should be wayyy shorter.

I am tired of seeing the fire elf hop again I like the fire elf ideas.

Vampire is okay but he has this huge coffin then pops out a tiny half bat vampire! Can the vampire be a bat sitting on a grave stone then pop! It's a vampire!

Ghoul I agree with most people on this.

New card!

The lost soul card is a treasure card only. That stinks for death people.
It should be a new death card instead of dark sprite. That way the midnight sprites (it's a pet) card would be rarer. Oh but lost soul would do the same amount of damage as dark sprite. (Mabye more?)

Emily Deathdust

Necromancer

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
As someone already said, the ground etc. of a spell animation shouldn't turn. Also, it would be cool if some AoE spells would hit/heal all of the targets at once, for example Rebirth or Power Nova.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
there should be a burning forest spell with obviously a burning forest animation.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
IceyWaterWarrior12... on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
I would love to see the wand spells change up a little. Instead of us casting the spell and watching the effect, i would love to see us wave our wands/staves/bows/swords and watch basically what looks like a miniature comet leave our wands and just fly across the arena hitting our selected target. And also i would like to see more of the spell animations from all the commercials for the game. That would be lovely :D

Cameron Lotusmender (4
I completely agree. That way, it would look more like the "Battle With Malistaire" commercial.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
When a wizard is defeated, there should be another possible "defeated" animation instead of standing and lolling your head. Perhaps sort of fainting, falling to the ground, and lying there?
Also, maybe after a strong attack, your clothes could be smoking, after a strong attack, you could be shivering and blue, and after a strong attack, you could be dripping and waterlogged or crackling with static electricity.
Finally, as a wizard, I am going to restate the complaint that the Cyclops animation is rather lengthy.
Jesse Drakebreaker Adept
Thomas Darkstaff Initiate