Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I would like to see the Frost Giant spell get changed a little. Instead of always just swinging the hammer on the opponents, maybe twirling it in the air and letting it drop on the enemy?

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
The ice colossus doesn't move around much. What he does is he breaks out of a giant block of ice, roars at the opponent and then slashes his sword, forcing ice at the opponent. The colossus should be able to charge the opponent, running straight through them, as other spells do something very similar to this. Personally, at least one spell should be changed just to change the game up a little bit.

Diana Swiftfountain, lvl87,

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
What about making those long spells like Forest Lord and Ra take less long and cut parts of the animations I think those spells take way to long

Kane Darktamer level 63

Kane level 12

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
For Phoenix the Weak attack should be it shooting fire out of it's mouth, and Strong as it diving towards you.

Cole GoldenFlame Level 36 Pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Here's one simple suggestion for Fire's Rank 11 Spell.

If you think its stats are inappropriate, any revisions would be appreciated.

Spell Name: Fireworks!
Type: Multi-Hit*
Damage: 450 + 900; over 3 rounds to all enemies.
Accuracy: 75%
Others: Choke/Stun all enemies for 1 round

Animation: Similar to Meteor Shower, the focus is on the sky. Fireworks just suddenly fly into the sky, popping, bursting in colors and sparkles. Then one huge firework ignites, and pops in the sky, forming a big 'shell'. The focus is now altered to the enemies. The edge part of the firework (unsure of the proper term) will fall down to each of the enemies one-by-one. When it hits the opponent, a water splash-like spark appears, dealing 450 damage, like usual, after all enemies being hit, the DOT appears. Then all enemies are stunned. Boom!

*Since the previous spells, Rain of Fire and Sun Serpent are multi-hit attacks, this could also be a single-hit attack. You know what I mean. :)

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I was thinking about all of the awesome ideas in this forum, but how little of them make it into the game. then I thought of Fan-A-Palooza. In this topic, you can post detailed ideas for items in game, I'll post some ideas to show the basic design of each type of idea:

Item Layout:

Name - Rainbow & Arrow

Level - 45+

Card(s) - 3 Sunlight (0 pips, 100 sun damage), 3 Raindrop (0 pips, 100 storm damage) & 1 Pegasus (I'll put it up for the card design).

Stat(s) - +1 Power Pip.

Cost - 4,000 crowns.

Appearance - A Bow that looks like a Rainbow, and a multi-coloured arrow that the wizard fires when casting spells.

Way(s) to get it - Crown Shop, Rare Drop from difficult bosses.

Other: No Auction, Any School, Crowns Only.

Card Layout:

Name - Pegasus

School - Myth

Pips - 5

Accuracy - 80%

Type - Damage

Acquired - Item Card

Main Effect - 500 damage to target.

Side Effect(s) - Stun for 1 round.

Animation - An image in the sky, just above the clouds. Suddenly, a winged horse lands on a cloud. Then the blades, traps, et cetera are used. The horse then screeches at the enemy to deal the damage, then it charges at the enemy to stun them.

I can't think of any more at the moment, but good luck with your ideas!

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
ROBB1005 on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Here's one simple suggestion for Fire's Rank 11 Spell.

If you think its stats are inappropriate, any revisions would be appreciated.

Spell Name: Fireworks!
Type: Multi-Hit*
Damage: 450 + 900; over 3 rounds to all enemies.
Accuracy: 75%
Others: Choke/Stun all enemies for 1 round

Animation: Similar to Meteor Shower, the focus is on the sky. Fireworks just suddenly fly into the sky, popping, bursting in colors and sparkles. Then one huge firework ignites, and pops in the sky, forming a big 'shell'. The focus is now altered to the enemies. The edge part of the firework (unsure of the proper term) will fall down to each of the enemies one-by-one. When it hits the opponent, a water splash-like spark appears, dealing 450 damage, like usual, after all enemies being hit, the DOT appears. Then all enemies are stunned. Boom!

*Since the previous spells, Rain of Fire and Sun Serpent are multi-hit attacks, this could also be a single-hit attack. You know what I mean. :)
That's actually less than Sun Serpent for damage one and two... ya this would be cool but many tend to argue that they don't need stuns and multi hits or hits as a general. I argued this when I added something like 1100 Fire dmg., Add weakness 35, and stun one round and got pelted for it... good luck arguing it lol. But design wise, it seems ok but why make it like travel in the sky and then create a sort of "shell smash" on the enemies? If you know the move Judgement from Pokémon, I think that would be an interesting substitute... not exactly like it but similar... you get the point. I: Otherwise I like everything else.

Best Of Luck,
Kane DB 95

"Follow me to beat bad guys!.... ah crud a dead end .___." ~ Kane DB

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
I feel some of the older spells should be reworked. I was questing in Khrysalis after doing some Tartarus runs and couldn't help but notice that the Kraken spell seems so out of date compared to newer animations. Zeus' thunderbolt looks very well worked and his is by far my favorite animation, but the Kraken seems to just pull a plastic piece of lightning from a cloud and throws it at the target. I would love to see a new animation for that spell and perhaps even some others that appear out of date. Thanks!

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
What if hit all spells could literally hit all at once...so like the camera could pull back behind the casting team and a giant wave would wash over all of the enemies at once or ra's mighty beam would prism out hitting each at the same time. see what i am saying here? that way the spell would take less play time to use And be extra awesome. ( i do love my globals hehe)

Also, not a spell - but. So many other spots on the boards people are asking for chairs they can sit in at home. could that happen like a spell animation?

And, I love your work! but, i am not fond of some of the khrysalis gardening stuff. like the chimes, pretty little floating notes would be So much better. generally, i like to be able to see the plant better than the gardening effect. I LOVE the blood bats, dragon flies, fairy.

This game is awesome, and the animation is the icing on the cake for me. It is just better than anything else in my opinion. Thank you so much

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
AmberRavenSong7 on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
What if hit all spells could literally hit all at once...so like the camera could pull back behind the casting team and a giant wave would wash over all of the enemies at once or ra's mighty beam would prism out hitting each at the same time. see what i am saying here? that way the spell would take less play time to use And be extra awesome. ( i do love my globals hehe)

Also, not a spell - but. So many other spots on the boards people are asking for chairs they can sit in at home. could that happen like a spell animation?

And, I love your work! but, i am not fond of some of the khrysalis gardening stuff. like the chimes, pretty little floating notes would be So much better. generally, i like to be able to see the plant better than the gardening effect. I LOVE the blood bats, dragon flies, fairy.

This game is awesome, and the animation is the icing on the cake for me. It is just better than anything else in my opinion. Thank you so much

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord
i have thought of this for meteor blizzard and quake.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
I didn't bother to check (Because there were approx. 31 posts to read over) but I was thinking of the Vampire Spell... Maybe, the Vampire can do some aerial attacks to "Bite" the opponent and keep the last part as it's restoring the caster.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
New spell:
Rank 13 Fire spell

Name: Burning Knight
What it does: 1,000 damage to all enemies, then a 500 damage over time to all enemies, then a Wyldfire(maybe).

What it looks like: A small flame at the start, then grows large very fast until a knight made of fire on a horse made of fire takes form from the flames. He draws his sword, rides up to the enemy and unleashes a few blows from his flaming sword, dealing the first 1,000 damage. He rides back to the center, stays there for a moment, then charges again at the same enemy. this time, his horse leaps into the air, and stabs the enemy with it's hooves. This give the damage over time. Then he rides back to the center and turns to the next enemy. he repeats the process. When he is through with all enemies, his horse and he changed quickly back into a ball of fire. The ball grows until it is about the same size of the original fire before it turned into him and his horse. The ball then explodes in all directions, till it reaches the place where Wyldfire sits.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Since Polaris now sounds like a possible world, I think one school should get a spell called Napolean. Animation:

Napolean charges out onto a field on a horse and is equipped with a military outfit (blue colors-French Colors) and his first attack is stab to one opponent that does 950 damage and then he has a French solider appear that does the second attack- shoot at all enemies (second attack does 500) The spell would cost 10-12 pips.

Thanks,

Stephen Battlesword Level 93 Life Wizard

Alex Ironsword Level 30 Balance Wizard

Survivor
Sep 27, 2012
Ice Wyvern's camera animation has a bit of a bug when you're from the view of the one being attacked. The first spike that shoots out of the ice chunk isn't visible - that should be fixed. The casting animation for spear weapons (the spinny/stabby one) has a delay after it finishes before the spell animation starts. AoE spells that add effects to enemies (such as stun) after the animation has played through need to be sped up. Taunt needs to have a shorter animation, because it takes forever to play through for every enemy if there's 3 or 4. Finally, stunned enemies have a delay before their turn passes.

Hope some of this can be implemented! :)

Survivor
Mar 12, 2012
A change I would really like to see is a change to Celestial Calendar, I really like the idea of the alignment of the planets to attack someone, but the calendar looks more Zafarian than Celestian, perhaps changing it to Aztecan Calendar, with inscriptions of mayan and aztec writing. I think this would make the spell a bit more Aztecan-themed and just suit the game better.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
well maybe a new spell

name:surprise!
does: their is a little girl on a swing, when she ses you she lifts her hand and makes a bunch of razor sharp locking leaves that hit the enemy (by the way there is a tree behind her), before doing that she looks a bit scared then confident that she will get a good attack ( multi attack) animation would be she turns around and hits the next one so on and so forth
damage: well it will be probably for lvl 100 and up so maybe.... 1000? 1100? to high?
acuracy: 85
pips: 7

now a heal

name: hope
does: a patch of flowers is ther and they start to fly in a swirly way the the spin around the person who will be healed and heal them
heal: again for 100 and up, maybe 900? to high?
acuracy: 90
pips: 7

maybe, not to creative today. hope it gets implemented!

isaac goldheart lvl 23 "ninja master"

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
dark pixie whenever it has a death blade a special animation death blade it would do a million damage and instead of looking like a normal dark pixie it would be completely black and purple then gather a huge death orb and then turn completely black and white with an emotionless face and then out of nowhere the orb would come crashing down on the boss and the pixie would turn HUGE and then blow up

Survivor
Apr 15, 2014
Hmm... well, Instead of the evil snowman using a knife... maybe he could make a snow ball and throw it at the enemy. And for the fairy ( 400 heal ) instead of yourself, your can choose someone, or make the fairy heal everyone! ( So basically like the unicorn, ) .

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
It would be nice if the spell pixie (heal) had a different animation. Maybe she could cast a spell on you or throw some fairy dust at you?
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Ice Master239 on May 5, 2014 wrote:
Hmm... well, Instead of the evil snowman using a knife... maybe he could make a snow ball and throw it at the enemy. And for the fairy ( 400 heal ) instead of yourself, your can choose someone, or make the fairy heal everyone! ( So basically like the unicorn, ) .
but life wizards alredy can do that, they can choose the person and even have instead of 400. 420, but the unicorn idea would not be too god because imagine a heal all spell at lvl 4? kinda OP. but what i do think is that the snowman is a good idea and that the pixie needs a new animation (just like the post before these), like she does the same animation but in a forest and another one when she is on a mushroom ( same forest ) and she lifts her hand and heals you

isaac goldheart lvl 23 "ninja master"

Survivor
May 03, 2014
Seraph
flies up and whips sword with a large wind animation casted on the opponent
Blizzard
snow attacked on all.
Alex

Survivor
Apr 30, 2014
Maybe with the ghoul, instead of jumping out of the ground he could throw his shovel out and then slowly look up and grab the shovel then strikes the enemy (Like he usually does) and then heal the person who summoned it (Like it usually does) and then goes back to sleep in the grave! This would be great if it was implemented in the game!

Liam GhostBringer
Lvl 53
Death Rules!

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Although I appreciate how spell animations have sped up since a few updates ago, some are still too slow.

Morganthe has an AoE attack that strikes each teammate simultaneously. That saves a lot of time, and I think that other AoE spells could and should be revised to follow suit.

Here are the absolute worst culprits:
-Rain of Fire (the slowest of all player spells); it's an erupting volcano, a broad and indiscriminate destructive event, but cinematics target individuals one at a time?
-Frost Giant leaning in to blow cold air on each player (takes so long that players routinely forget they are stunned)
-Snow Angel taunting each player
-Avenging Fossil secondary hit
-Sun Serpent secondary hit
-and although not a player spell, Hades' AoE attack is lamentably slow, although impressive

If these spell effects were more like Morganthe's AoE, they could just strike all and that would be the end of the spell, freeing up a few minutes of gameplay per hour.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
Maybe for the Snowball strike spell, the snowman's head should hit the opponents