Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
Spectral Blast
Anim: Spinning prism appears in center of field. Beam of normal (yellow) light comes in from above. When it hits prism, the light splits into 3 rays: blue, red, or violet -- the random ray color is the ray color that hits the target.

Area of Effect Spells - Power Nova and Equivalents
Image: If these effects can stack, have second and third rings showing what is active.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
here's an idea how about this card

huracane-storm spell 600 damage to all
oponents animation- kind of like the sandstorm but the field canges to an ocean and the target is on the coast then the huracane hits it

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
i've seen a lot of school ideas how about theese

metal school-powerful blades, acurasy boosters sheilds, traps scuracy decreasers and anti blades. spells like hamer throw, dwarf mine or sword slash

rock school- strong sheilds. spells-rock golem, avalanche or spear.

goop school- hi resistence spells- sewer, sluge or gloop

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Pyros666 wrote:
Two that need to change :

fire school - cauldron currently has no animation, maybe a big pot of molton lava boiling over and sloshing all opponents, as it is a "hit everybody" type spell

life school - not sure of the name of spell as its one i dont have, but it heals all teammates and each gets an absorb sheild. Current animation is so big i cant realy tell whats going on , my whole screen looks like the top of a tree for several seconds and then back to normal

that spell is called rebirth and yes that spell needs to change!

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
i would like to change the spell animation of HotZilla. Insted of roaring at the foe, he could become fire and shoot right through the foe. 8) 8) 8) i also want to change the spell Storm Lord. Insted of shocking the foe with his hand, he could use his sword to pick the foe up, and roar lightning at him. 8) 8) 8) ( I'm sorry this sounded like a writing report!)

Andrew WildBreeze

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
For the Seraph Instead of just Apearing in the middle of the field. They should make a little forest appear with her and instead of the attack she does she doeslike the Triton holds her sword in the Air to Charge a SolarBeam then she Blast the Opponent with a Solarbeam from her now Sun Charged Sword

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
BlackIce wrote:
QuinnHexthief wrote:
Hey thanks, I wanted this to appear...

Perhaps with Fire Elf, instead of ALWAYS jumping around and shooting an arrow, maybe he could jump around, and dive at our opponent, and burst into flames? Just a thought...

The current Fire Elf animation seems to have a little something missing. I think maybe as he jumps out and dives through the leaves each time he fires an arrow, 3 in total, then disappears back into the forest.

TheBigBadWolf wrote:

Humongofrog

Intro - I get why he's shown landing on part of the globe, but the green splat mark under him after he drops in just looks odd, off, and vaguely disturbing. Give him a lily pad or have him stay seated on the globe. The green smear mark is...icky.

Weak - Tongue smack.

Strong - Current animation (fish bits vomit). By the bye, this animation is also vaguely disturbing. It's funny to see the fish bits (is that part of the storm shark?), but the green boiling goo he vomits makes me vaguely uncomfortable.

... the Magma Man does the same attack animation as the Evil Snowman (who by the way is awesome; give those artists a raise!).

Yea as an second attack style the Humongofrog should have some kind of tongue attack. Slaps the enemy with his tongue or wraps his tongue around them, pops them in his mouth and then spits them back out, covered in slime.

I have to agree the snowman attack is freaky and awesome. Especially the one where he digs a piece of this body out with his knife and throws it at you.

Cardinal wrote:
I don't think that the Dark Faerie (Rank 1 Death card) should have an attack animation that's identical to the Pixie/Faerie (The Life card that heals 400 health). Maybe instead of lifting the target up like the Pixie, the dark faerie could knock it down.

Ditto that.

The Ghoul spell. He draws life from your opponent and then gives half of it back to you as health. Personally instead of turning the animation, which breaks the feel of the battle some what for me, why not have him just turn his head back towards you and reach out his arm on that side with his hand open fingers splayed kinda of like a claw and energy flowing from the hand into you. then he falls back into the grave.

Just a couple of ideas.

p.s. The death school basic attack needs the animation improved. A lot of times you can't even tell if it is doing anything.

I agree that the death school needs their animation improved. But I also think that you can tell what the card is doing. :D

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
I will create one for every school:

Tree spirits- A tree comes up out of the ground slowly, growing, then small spots start glowing then spin around all enemies doing 625-750 damage, then healing you 1000(life).

Robbing Hood- Robin Hood(or a guy that looks like him) comes down from a treehouse and shoots arrows at all enemies and does 100 damage plus 500 damage over 3 rounds(myth).

Werewolf- An average man comes walking forward, then all of a sudden turns into a werewolf. Then he jumps on top of your enemy and does 700 damage, then heals you half(death).

Fire Devil- Flames start coming up in the middle of the of the battle, then a small elf like guy appears with a pointed tail and staff, and attacks the opponent by stabbing him, automatically making the opponent be on your side(fire).

Flurries- A huge cloud appears above your battle and starts to snow heavily on all of your enemies, doing 250 damage plus 450 over three rounds(ice).

Stormy Sea- An ocean appears in your battle and splashes and has thunder and lightning, then shocks your opponents, which stuns them for a turn then drowns them with 650-800 damage(storm).

King Tutankhamen- An Egyptian coffin comes out of of the ground and opens up revealing a mummy, which staggers towards all of the enemies grabbing them and throwing them for 900 damage(balance).

All of these spells are for level 46.

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl19
life&fire

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
Cardinal wrote:
ArcaneJMS wrote:
Link has the most boring spell animation ever.

I disagree. "Minor Blessing" has the most boring spell animation ever. Last time I checked, there wasn't even an animation. Perhaps the animation could be Roman Candle-like sparkles around the target.

Minor Blessing should heal you 100 not 65.

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl19
life&fire

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
TheBigBadWolf wrote:
Mythbat

Note - I don't particularly care for his look. I don't cast him because I think he's icky looking.

Weak - wing slap.

Strong - Current animation (blood spit).

Troll

Weak - Flip his club up into the air, catch it, then throw the club at the opponent.

Strong - Current animation (ground pound).

Cyclops

Intro - Please shorten his intro a little. It's enjoyable and well designed, but long.

Weak - The current howl animation without the ground smash.

Strong - The current ground smash without the howl animation.

Humongofrog

Intro - I get why he's shown landing on part of the globe, but the green splat mark under him after he drops in just looks odd, off, and vaguely disturbing. Give him a lily pad or have him stay seated on the globe. The green smear mark is...icky.

Weak - Tongue smack.

Strong - Current animation (fish bits vomit). By the bye, this animation is also vaguely disturbing. It's funny to see the fish bits (is that part of the storm shark?), but the green boiling goo he vomits makes me vaguely uncomfortable.

Locust Swarm

Name - Please change this one to "Insect Swarm." As an alternative, please make the locusts look a little more like locusts.

Weak - Scarabs swarm out of the mouth.

Strong - Current animation (locust swarm).

Storm Shark

Agreed - Mr. Storm Shark needs a second attack. :) I'll let the Storm players suggest one, though.

Fairy

Intro - I like the above user's comment about having her appear on a mushroom.

Fire Elf

Agreed - He needs a second animation even if his damage never changes.

New Cards

I want to hold off suggesting new cards/animations until I've reached the level cap and have seen all the available animations. My only (minor) disappointment so far at level 22 is that the Magma Man does the same attack animation as the Evil Snowman (who by the way is awesome; give those artists a raise!).

Storm shark does have two attacks:

1. (weak) jumps out of the water at you.

2. (strong) jumps from under you (like a great white).

Also I think it would be cool if collosus had a second attack (maybe jumping and landing on the opponent, idk just a suggestion 8) ).

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
TheBigBadWolf wrote:
Ghoul Spell

I've got another minor issue for you guys on a pair of great cards. The Ghoul spell (the one with the undead in the cemetery with the shovel) has the sound effect of a crow cawing during the animation, yet there's no crow in the visual. Please add a crow sitting on a gravestone just to match the awesome sound file. :)

Banshee
Similarly, the Banshee spell involves her clearing her throat and turning her head to the side, but it's unclear that that's what she's doing because it sounds like she's quacking like a duck. :P Perhaps making her intro a little longer and/or adding a throat spray bottle to loosen her vocal chords would make it clearer that the duck noises at the beginning are her clearing her throat.

this isn't about the spell but the banshee enemies. one of the natural attacks a ball of energy appears in her hands and she hits you with it. its good but she sounds like she has a sore throat.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2008
i have a few things: one is that maybe when you win a battle you can have our characters jumping up and down with one hand in the air like YAY WE WON!

now there is one card i think you should change a bit. PHOENIX when i first saw it, i thought it would be much cooler, but all that happens is it flies from the grownd and blow fire. here is exactly what i thought it would be: a BIG bird (the poenix bird that is already there) pops out of the ground and flies over head. now here there are 3 things he can do. either circle around and when he reaches the opponent, an ash of fire falls from his wing and hits the oponent causing them to go on fire. CHOICE 2: while he is circling, he blows out of his mouth a circle of fire around the opponent, and then the circle closes in on him.

CHOICE 3: he swoops down, grabs the opponent, and then flies off into the distance where he then drops the opponent back into his spot doing a lot of damamge, from the fall, and third degree burns.

i hope i didnt waste your time w101 and anyone reading this. hope you can change it cause it would make the card funner to watch

Explorer
May 19, 2009
Squirrel wrote:

This is probably too time intensive, but worth mentioning.

I would love to see variations to the way the spell recipient reacts based on different amounts of damage.

For instance:
Light damage to a creature or player may make him shrug and flick an imaginary fly off his shoulder.

Small damage: A slight "windmilling arms" as if he was a little off balance.

Medium damage: Doubles over as if receiving a gut-punch.

Heavy: staggers backwards a few steps.

Very heavy: Knocked on his rear end, climbs back to his feet.

I LOVE this idea!

Defender
May 09, 2009
WRAITH
1)takes scythe and does upper cut at on the target (dragging out the life) and then smashing the life into the ground then summon it back up and give half life to the caster.

2) apears behind target wispers in ear then steals the life and gives half to caster

HYDRA
instead of breathing fire ice and storm energy why not have all the heads at once bite the target repeatedly

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
Seraph needs a better animation; right now it doesn't really look like much. She needs to charge up her sword, then point it at the target, and the sword throws a bolt of energy (colored green maybe?). Alternately, after Seraph charges her sword, a bolt of green lightning comes down from above and strikes the target.

Centaur needs to be retooled, I really hate the EXTREME SLO-MO arrow effect.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
Rokk wrote:
TheBigBadWolf wrote:
Ghoul Spell

I've got another minor issue for you guys on a pair of great cards. The Ghoul spell (the one with the undead in the cemetery with the shovel) has the sound effect of a crow cawing during the animation, yet there's no crow in the visual. Please add a crow sitting on a gravestone just to match the awesome sound file. :)

Banshee
Similarly, the Banshee spell involves her clearing her throat and turning her head to the side, but it's unclear that that's what she's doing because it sounds like she's quacking like a duck. :P Perhaps making her intro a little longer and/or adding a throat spray bottle to loosen her vocal chords would make it clearer that the duck noises at the beginning are her clearing her throat.

this isn't about the spell but the banshee enemies. one of the natural attacks a ball of energy appears in her hands and she hits you with it. its good but she sounds like she has a sore throat.

Actually, on my computer it sounds like Banshee is cackling (laughing) at you before she unleashes her attack. I guess you folks just need better sound cards! :-D

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Borme wrote:
I wouldn't mind a darker animation for the Banshee, perhaps haunted house type Area, And then, She appearers and attacks the target..

I'd be cool if the Sunbird animation had a little more background..

~Borme~

The sunbird needs like a baby sunbird with it. They fly up, crossing each other as they go and swoop down on your opponent.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
How about a change to the pixie display. Could we set the action to display per the school of the user: Life would have a display of flowers and leaves; Storm would release a bolt of healing; Fire would surround the user with a healing fire; Ice would have an icy fog to heal; Myth would surround the user with a mythic glow; Death would have a creepy cloud that would heal you but leaving you feeling slightly chilled; Balance would have be hit with a whirling sand storm filled with glowing green lights.

Also think that this healing spell only might be nice if everyone would be able to use with their power pips.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Minor blessing might be good with the animation showing the user/caster to send healing sparks at the receiver; except the user themselves.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2010
Blackfaer wrote:
This isn't quite what the question is asking, but my suggestion would be to shorten the length of most of the animations. Or maybe only do the full length for severe damage. Or just have an option to turn them off or minimize them.

Particularly at low levels, when you only have a few spells available to you, the animations get old fast, and the battles take a long time because of them, making the game a little repetitive. I don't know how much this bothers others, but I've found it hard to find the time to start over since the wipe because I get bored every time I have a battle with any non-boss characters until I get about 15-20 levels and have more spell options.

I agree.

The Square Enix series for Playstation: Final Fantasy, displays as you've described when a character calls upon on Summon/Eidolon.

The first time the Eidolon is summoned the full length intro/attack is played. From there on out when the eidolon is summoned it merely plays the attack portion unless it is a severe damage attack (usually only when you are at a high level of combat experience).

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
i think the evil snowman should throw his head at the target and explode into ice and i also want to suggest a new spell maybe something like a ninja ice warrior? maybe? just a thought..

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Lisandria wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

This is probably too time intensive, but worth mentioning.

I would love to see variations to the way the spell recipient reacts based on different amounts of damage.

For instance:
Light damage to a creature or player may make him shrug and flick an imaginary fly off his shoulder.

Small damage: A slight "windmilling arms" as if he was a little off balance.

Medium damage: Doubles over as if receiving a gut-punch.

Heavy: staggers backwards a few steps.

Very heavy: Knocked on his rear end, climbs back to his feet.

I LOVE this idea!

As do I, great idea! :D

Also, Judgement's kinda boring. The accent gets annoying. I mean really, it looks Egyptian but has a British accent? Doesn't seem to line up. At any rate, change the vocals on Judgement and make the animation more interesting. Like have the scale rise up on one side while the opponent rises up into the air, as if it were on the scale. Just a thought.

Delver
May 31, 2009
there are two things I woud like to see. First the ability to make a secondary school spell yours. By this I of course am mosty taking about the fire. ice, and storm spells. There shoud be quests that allows you to permently transform that fire elf spell into my storm school storm elf I paid the training point for it, I only lose variety of different school spells. Give me a quest that lets me change it (lower level spells). Even if I have to do it for each card and it should get "really hard" the stronger the card and it should be a solo deal as well.
Next "pets" there should be a quest every 10 levels for a school pet.make us trade up if you want or have the pet mature. Example instead of useless no card cyclopes give me a baby kraken at level 10 have him give me traps, shields, or bonuses. At level 20 he gives me a ramdom transformed spell from other schools, at 30 "a" kick butt kraken with 80% success. 40 summon an aggressive kraken minion, and 50 he becomes a fully mature triton!!!
These are some of my thoughts oh yeah we need more level 50 towers

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:

Next "pets" there should be a quest every 10 levels for a school pet.make us trade up if you want or have the pet mature. Example instead of useless no card cyclopes give me a baby kraken at level 10 have him give me traps, shields, or bonuses. At level 20 he gives me a ramdom transformed spell from other schools, at 30 "a" kick butt kraken with 80% success. 40 summon an aggressive kraken minion, and 50 he becomes a fully mature triton!!!
These are some of my thoughts

I was thinking the same thing. GROWING PETS :D :D :D instead of at grand level you get a wraith or whatever, a pet that you get from ambrose at lvl five. A special quest each one is different for the school (you beat the boss that has resist to your school etc) and at the end a pet is trapped in a cage you take it to ambrose and he says you can keep it. Dialogue idea:
Summons: Oh, [name], we have important matters that need to be discussed. Come to my office at once.

Beginning of quest: Oh [name] I am glad you are here, you see a evil sinister has been on the loose, stealing and mutating the animals of our world, turning them into his slaves. We would like you to investigate.

Boss: You hear a mysterious cackling from your left. Ahaha, wizard fool. Do you really think you can beat me? (the boss is a ghoul. Speaking of ghouls I really think that grubb should either be a ghoul or change his icon into wormguts because it makes no sense to have him and his icon different.)

After defeating: Impossible!

As you go to the door: You hear a rattle and a quiet whimper to your right.

Ambrose end of quest: Aha, [name] so you managed to defeat him? Oh, what is this? The small pixie whimpers sadly You found this you say? Must be his last experiment. Would you mind taking care of it? (you can say yes or no)
Accept: Thank you. I trust you to take care of it
Reject: No? Well I cant force you, but I can find someone else to take care of it. (If you reject then an NPC student gets it, like death pet will float next to penny, ice pet next to ice NPC, etc.)
Note: it wont just be pixies it depends on your pet.
PETS:
LIFE:
Lvl 5: Sprite,
15: Woodwalker
30: Satyr
50:
DEATH:
5:Ghoul
15: Vampire
30: Skeletal pirate
50:
Give me ideas for the rest :D
Each pet gives the card it i
PS if this doesnt fit the forum sorry KI, but please give this consideration.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Fire:

I'm quite unhappy with the 'fire dragon' spell.
Instead of flying down there should be a sudden, giant flame and then when the flame stops, it should 'be there'

Ice:

'Ice Wyvren'; Is that weird into nessisary? how about instead of that weird flash of light it just randomly drops out of nowhere?

Storm:
all good :-)

Myth:

'Humogofrog' definatly, grosses me out. But I like the idea of the 'tongue thing' :?

Life:

'imp' don't like the music has to go :-o

Death:

'dark sprite' I like the idea of the 'throwing down' thing 8)

Balance:

All good :-)

sorry that I sound a bit demanding...

thx Jacob Ghostwhisper lvl 30 ice wizard