Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
Wraith

Weak: Normal animation.

Strong: Makes a dark void appear under the creature/PvP enemy into the void, but the wizard reappears and a shadowy aura appears, slowly damaging the enemy by 50 damage in every turn.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Many people have liked the idea of shortening the time or just getting rid of the animation of spells completely as a choice for more advanced wizards who have played for a longer time than other newer young wizards. (well anyone could do it, just newer players would not do it as often as the more expierienced) It would be great in my opinion. The only problem is that all the members of your battle would have to agree with your decision in showing or not showing the animations. It would be great for just quick solo leveling, but they should have realms where you could do it instead. For instance they could make some realms for non-animated spells and then other realms as they are now so no one will be annoyed by no animations or with the animations. If you switch realms it should also give you a warning. This would solve the problem for those for and/or against this idea.

Sean Fireblood Transcended Pyromancer

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
I saw the new way the scarecrow vanishes when the spell is over. I was thinking, instead of it flipping backwards off the post, it turns into a flock of crows and they all fly away when the spell is finished.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
For the magma collosus instead of it breaking out of the ice it should mealt the ice.....

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I think the sacrifice minion spells are boring. I would like it if when you cast it, the minion would turn black, fall to the ground, and turn to dust. Keelan BearHunter Sorceror Level 70. P.S I not on him much because i on Ronan RubyBlade Fire School Level 32 or 33

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
eakilian wrote:
Spell animation. How would you change any of the spell animations in the game? Or is there one you would like to add? Describe in detail. Let your imagination take over!

I'd offer a Fast Battle option where the fancy, time-wasting graphics are replaced by function but fast representations of what each combatant did.

I don't even watch the battles anymore; I scan the Health lines, look at my cards, upon rare occasion look to see what shields, traps, etc., are in play, select my card, and wait for the stupid stuff to end so I can pick my next card.

When a teammate says "WOW, nice hit" I often have to ask what I did. Because I don't watch the battles. If I could pick a card and it was immediately my turn to pick card again, I'd be a much happier player.

Sure, leave the eye candy in for the folks who like that stuff, but give an opt-out.

That's what I would change in the animation.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
eakilian wrote:
Spell animation. How would you change any of the spell animations in the game? Or is there one you would like to add? Describe in detail. Let your imagination take over!

You know, on second thought, another thing I'd change -- an option to run the game in 2D. That way an underpowered PC or tablet could play the game.

Imagine running a Windows emulator on your Android phone and playing W101.

That would be freakin' awesome.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
hmm you know i think helephant could use some animation updates (to not make it exactly like jade oni animation) instead of rising out of the floor it could appear from a burst of flames big enough to fill the dueling circle and bring its sword down on the opponent twice jumping down on the opponent and fading to dust that would be epic!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Ant-
An ant too small for the screen appears and then hits the opponent, instead of Scarab. (By the way, this would do about 1-10000 damage).

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
well what i would do is have one spell like this for each of the schools. i only have a idia for the life stuning spell. here it is.
it starts out with a sead falling from a milatary green cloud. the sead lands on the ground and starts to sprout. it starts out being a spikey hine (prickly wead) you see all the seasons pass quickly wile it grows and spreads more weads. when it gets all over the feald, the weads grow tall and "lean" over to rap up the oponent.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
A Mythspent Youth wrote:
For Myth school, how about the ability to conjure a Medusa?

She could momentarily turn your opponent to stone as part of the damage, maybe stunning them for one round. Or, as a variation of the stun-all spell that one of the other schools gets, the spell could turn all opponents to stone for one round.

I'm pretty sure that KI made your EXACT idea!

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
I don't like the colossus animation. I think he should stab the target in the stomach. From the blade grows a block of ice, encasing the target then shattering

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
Here's some spells I'd like to have (If not already existing)

Cuteness-Ice Spell-level 24: A small cat (Much looking like the FreeRealms Pet) appears. It scratches all enemies doing 100 damage to each, stuns all enemies,
and heals 50 damage to all friends.

Snow Princess-Ice Spell-Level 25: A pegasus unicorn apears, Healing 100 damage to all friends, and doing 450-500 Damage to all enemies

Apocalypse-Death Spell-level 24: Makes a single enemie leave (without showing the defeat animation)

Ice Piggle-Ice Spell-Level 6: Freezes an ememie for a round and does 100 damage.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
robzillatx wrote:
I'm in a silly mood today, so here are some silly spell suggestions (please excuse me if any of these already exist in the game ... I haven't made it past level 7 yet and haven't look at them all):

Squirrel Storm:
spell turns the target into a giant acorn and a swarm squirrels rushes in and either carries the target away or nibbles on the target.

Crab Wave (similar to above):
A large wave splashes over the target and leaves several crabs pinching the target.

Ankle-Biter:
Makes the target's pet (if any) attack it's owner (at the ankles, of course).

Vine Divine:
Vines come out of the ground and lash (or zap, if you don't want any display of physical attacks) the target.

Banana from Above:
Flying monkeys bombard the target with bananas (or squeeze the bananas to shoot the fruit at the target)

Mucous Malice:
A giant worm pops out of the ground and slimes the target.

Bigfoot Afoot:
Bigfoot runs by the target and steps on the target's toes.

Yeti Yell:
This one's obvious, right?

By the way, my seven-year-old daughter would like to know when Hamster101.com is coming.

Tell your daughter it sure will ... and I like these spells a lot! Yeti Yell is sort of like Cyclops (if you know what that is), and Bigfoot Afoot is sort of funny it made me laugh! I can picture a ghoul holding it's leg saying, "Aaaah" Like he always does! You have some great ideas. Hope KI thinks about them and make them! But can you tell us what school they are?

~Emily IceBlood Level 42 Death

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
Pixie Animation:

Weak: normal

Strong: a bush appears, then begins to shake as a pixie pops out and heals the caster/ castees

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
zoe12829 wrote:
Here's some spells I'd like to have (If not already existing)

Cuteness-Ice Spell-level 24: A small cat (Much looking like the FreeRealms Pet) appears. It scratches all enemies doing 100 damage to each, stuns all enemies,
and heals 50 damage to all friends.

Snow Princess-Ice Spell-Level 25: A pegasus unicorn apears, Healing 100 damage to all friends, and doing 450-500 Damage to all enemies

Apocalypse-Death Spell-level 24: Makes a single enemie leave (without showing the defeat animation)

Ice Piggle-Ice Spell-Level 6: Freezes an ememie for a round and does 100 damage.
I like your Apocalypse spell, but not really sure if their are going to take it, we already have a snow princess, but instead of healing the friends, it stuns the foes for one round. The other 2 im not so sure about

Survivor
Mar 20, 2012
fire elf

he climbs the tree and shoots arrow fom there

fairy

im with aquascaper on the first page for the fairy

storm shark

a wave comes and the storm shark shoots a ball of electricity

fire cat

it shows its fangs and the fangs are on fire and the fire cat bites opponent

banshee

puts hands in the air and creates a ball of death and shoots at opponent

ghoul

the ghoul throws the shovel in the air it hits opponent and then the shovel sticks in ground and ghoul takes it and throws it at you and you gain health

troll

he takes his club twirls it then with the front of the club facing opponent he throws it

:-o

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
I think it would be cool to have spells instead of leaving burn or poison they come back to do something like with fire dragon it's flying around the circle and instead of a burn it shoots a fireball or something.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
One last thing i liked that one guy's idea of the more advanced schools like the school of divine and stuff there should be a gradution duel against your teacher to do that

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Ok I will give a spell for each school:

Myth: Apophis- A red snake(yes all red mind you) appears and hisses at you. He then attacks with a tail whack and a bite.
Whack: 300 dammage
Bite:2,000 dammage

80% accuracy.
Rank 13

Storm: Set-A red warrior rises from a portal followed by a hurricane and Set(the red warrior) tells the hurriane to attack your foe. Then the foe is stunned for ten rounds.
2,400 dammage

70% accuracy
Rank 13

Ice: Boread- A winged man appears(not on a pony) with a blade of ice drawn. He attacks and then stunns the foe.
2,000 dammage

80% accuracy
Rank 13

Fire: Heilos- The titan of the east appears in his golden battle armor and his sword of magma raised, he attacks and the enemie is killed.
3,000 dammage

87% accuracy
Rank 13

Death: Hades warith- The lord of the dead appears with an evil fire in his eyes. He summons all of his power and attacks the foe with his staff. He then uses his healm of terror to strike fear into the hearts of the enemies and stunn them.
1,900 dammage

85% accuracy
Rank 13

Life: Demeter- The goddess of the harvest herself appears and summons the power of wheat and nature then attacks you with a wall of stone flowers.
2,000 dammage

80% accuracy
Rank 13

Balance: Isis- The goddess of magic comes forth on rainbow wings. She then says the spell ha- di and an explosion occors, your enemy is so surprised thay are stunned.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
xD4nny wrote:
I think an excellent idea for lightning would be at some point summoning Zeus. Also, for the ice wizard, I would have a spell called "Cold heart" Where it summons an ice cupid which will then hit the monster and cause them severe damage. Also an idea would be to have a summon that could hit more than one monster (I'm unsure if this exists). Another would be a healing towards people you are with (Once again this might exist). Thanks :) Love the game :D
they all ready have a Zeus spell, they just changed the name to forest lord

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
hi wizard from wizard101 how I would change some spell in the game.
would give ice a dwarf on level 1 and ice a white tiger on level 5. I would give life a forest gnome on level 1. and then to Leprechaun give you + 10 accuracy but will also attack like they do now. I would also imagine that the satyr would give the pips. and I would give dead a bat on level 1. and creatures off myth with tow attack willing could able to attack 2 enemies as you decide on. and I would give the myth a goblin on level 1. and I would give fire a Imp on level 1.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
Kraken

Maybe this is just me, but I thought a Kraken was supposed to look similar to a squid/octopus. Maybe the squid could poke his head out of the water, just showing his eyes, blink a few times, then dunk back in. But the second time he comes up, he rises violently and thrusts him tentacle at the enemy. I understand the use of electricity or thunder and lightning isn't used, but Storm also represent the sea, the original home of the Triton.

Storm Wyvern

Yes, I know, not a "common" attack, but I thought maybe instead of just coming out of the darkened rock and using the attack much like ice wyverns', he could come out of water, and still do his claw/nail flip thing, and THEN use his attack. Like I said, not a common attack, yet I think it should resemble storm a bit more...

And, I am not sure if anyone else noticed this, but has anyone noticed how Scarab and Ice Beetle are practically the SAME attack, but just with slightly different visuals? They have the same attacks and everything, and it seemed odd to me, almost as is a lack of creativity or new ideas happened... Possibly if Ice Beetle could slam on the ground, and ice stalagmites could rise toward the enemy, with a final large one surrounding the enemy and quickly breaking, thus the damage being applied. I understand the level 1 spells should not get too complex, yet I would like to see a slight change in attack with the two.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
xXPizzaPieXx wrote:
Kraken

Maybe this is just me, but I thought a Kraken was supposed to look similar to a squid/octopus. Maybe the squid could poke his head out of the water, just showing his eyes, blink a few times, then dunk back in. But the second time he comes up, he rises violently and thrusts him tentacle at the enemy. I understand the use of electricity or thunder and lightning isn't used, but Storm also represent the sea, the original home of the Triton.

Storm Wyvern

Yes, I know, not a "common" attack, but I thought maybe instead of just coming out of the darkened rock and using the attack much like ice wyverns', he could come out of water, and still do his claw/nail flip thing, and THEN use his attack. Like I said, not a common attack, yet I think it should resemble storm a bit more...

And, I am not sure if anyone else noticed this, but has anyone noticed how Scarab and Ice Beetle are practically the SAME attack, but just with slightly different visuals? They have the same attacks and everything, and it seemed odd to me, almost as is a lack of creativity or new ideas happened... Possibly if Ice Beetle could slam on the ground, and ice stalagmites could rise toward the enemy, with a final large one surrounding the enemy and quickly breaking, thus the damage being applied. I understand the level 1 spells should not get too complex, yet I would like to see a slight change in attack with the two.

I think it also

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
there was one in here who write a medusa could make a wizard into stone for a turn or 2 turns and I think it's a great idea