Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
Note: I didn't read all the post so I'm not sure if it has already been posted or not but . . .

Being a Life Wizard I love all the Life spells, so here are my ideas for several. I apologize in advanced if any of these are similar to spells of other classes.

Treant:
Sometimes they either stomp on the ground or shove their hands in the ground and roots shoot up from the enemies feet in two different ways.
One: They simply shoot straight up all around the enemy (including directly under them, not just in a circle)
Two: They shoot up and wrap around the enemy before shattering (similar to the Centaur's attack when they tree grows around the enemy but where you can actually see the individual roots growing from the ground and wraping around the enemy) Gotta say, the more I think about this one the more I think it should added.

Seraph:
Sometimes she actually attacks with her sword (After all, what does she even have a sword for if she doesn't use it?)

Maybe she could flap her wings at the enemy causing what looks like wind damage. (She flaps her wings a few times softly first then flaps hard and sends a burst of wind and light at the enemy)

Centaur:
Perhaps he could shoot several arrows in the air in quick succession (after pointing at the enemy menacingly first of course. It wouldn't be the same otherwise.) and let them strike the ground around around the enemy in a circle. Then have them explode in the same way as the tree explodes from the arrow he shoots now, except they either do or don't come back to the enemy as the exploding tree does.

GreenHoppy wrote:
On another note, if there is only one empty circle left in my team, and I summon a myth minion into that spot, sometimes another player will come up and join in the battle when it is too late for me to change my cast. A minion cannot appear if there is no empty spot, and I lose all four pips, because a stranger joined in. Can we at least keep our pips in this circumstance?

I have had this problem plus another. A few times i was in a battle vs two enemies and had two more people joined the battle and fled as soon as two more enemies joined. Now I was left trying to fight all 4 alone. I was in no way prepared for this. Considering the Guide said that the number of enemies joining a battle is one more than the number of players, should the extra's leave the battle as well? I understand that at times and certian area's require you to fight three but those are the exceptions.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
BlindingShade wrote:
I like the idea of keeping animations shorter in general. However, if something like critical-hits were added to the game then I could see having a special longer animation be done for the spell in question to show that something bigger is happening.

I don't know if it was made this way but . . . I noticed a few spells that have several animations will attack a certian way if its gonna do more damage. The only one I can really think of right now is the Balance "Sand" Beetle (one pip). I know of three attacks:
One it will run up and hit the enemy with its head,
Two: It shoots dust at the enemy, and
Three: it crawls under the grounds and jumps up at the enemy's feet.

The third one always does more damage. At least it does that i've seen.

But I do agree with maybe having different types of atacks made for more damage or Critical attacks.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Another suggestion for the myth school cyclops minion- make more of a difference in appearance between the 1,2,3 and 4-pip versions. Right now, there's basically a fancier hat, and that's it. The 4-pip version should look quite a bit more formidible than the 2-pip version. Maybe give him more armor or some war paint or a bigger club or something.

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
Ya know the quest helper (It's new)

Sometimes it bugs me cuz I'm just trying to fight.

Can we turn it off

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
dounut789 wrote:
Ya know the quest helper (It's new)

Sometimes it bugs me cuz I'm just trying to fight.

Can we turn it off

You can turn it off under Options...it's the last setting on the 3rd options screen.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I'm really in to magic and mythology so i think a spell i would come up with would be like roc it's like an giant bird of legend from indian legend that would cause tornado's and that would be a balance spell :D

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
it's me again and i have a couple new spell creature idea's for the game i was thinking like like some cloaked armored phantom riding an armored skeleton horse for death school called um.... Phantom knight?? maybe i don't know just throwing it in the air.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
There needs to be more Minigames and other prizes based around them. Past mid-levels or so there is nothing interesting about playing minigames and I just think there could be so much more done with them.

Maybe making a rewards shop where you can spend points earned through playing minigames? Contests and other ideas all based arounf something that already exists in the game will only enhance what is already in place. :D

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Okay time for a new "Original" spell idea from Evan Ghostshade! "Cough" "Cough" I mean vampiremagister and this is a good one er... i think well anyway what i was thinking like there are western dragon spell's and maybe there should be a chinese dragon spell that sweeps in and does 250 damage to all enemies and maybe a new school like a air magic school or a taoist school (Chinese magic) that would be like Balance but with more enchantment's. ¦)

Survivor
Jun 26, 2008
Well, what bothers me about the attack/spells is that Ice, Fire, and Storm spells are pretty much all the same!

Fire Kraken
Should do some DragonBall Z movement (you know? Kah-meh-ha-meh-ha) and of coarse, what comes out is... FIRE :P

Storm Snowman
The entrance should be waaaay different! Maybe a rock falls out of the sky, and then another one on top of it, and another after that, then a hat comes floating down (so cool!) then the torso and legs spin, but the head stays still, and then the creepy laugh happens and it races towards you.

Ice Meteor
Instead of just the same form of normal meteor with different colors, can you make them large pieces of ice/hail? would look better

Storm Meteor
I'm out of ideas on this one... but it still needs work :P

Fire Bats
First, a lone bat comes and swoops through you, then bursts into flame. then the other two come out of no where and swoop around you making a sort of fire-tornado

That's pretty much all I got :D

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I would like to see animations on larger creatures backed up so you can actually see the damage, rather than just staring at their stomachs.

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
I was thinking of BATS! Why not every bat is combined to one ( ice, fire and those kinds together ). It should to like 1000 damage for 10 pips. Every school should get it and it should be boosted for any school except the ones that are not used in the spell. For example, It is used on an Ice mob or boss and the DMG will be boosted from the fire bats part.

Same with the shark and maybe the storms? I have seen some life spells for balance and Fire which I think is link and the other one I dont know. Why are those the only schools that get it? ( not including life ) Why not the other schools too like a link, but for other school or something. I am an Ice and I really need a healing thing because I keep dying on Black Widow, and that's the only quest I can dod right now because the others are too hard and I can't seem to lvl up to do the other quests. so I really need a life spell.

I also thought of doing another healing spell for life and an attack. the healing spell is a bed of flowers and bees come to get the pollen. The bees give you the pollen and the pollen turns into health since they are magical bees. The attack is another centaur, but he's dancing. Since he's so big he trips on a rock and squash's your enemy. Then the enemy comes springing back up and shaking its head while there are sparkles on top of your head. When they shake there head the sparkles go away.

I thought something for Ice. So there is a little girl standing in front of your enemy. She looks mystical and she looks happy playing in a bed of flowers full of snow. She looks at the enemy and thinks it's a flower, so she picks the enemy up and eats it because she thought flowers were edible. Then she spits it out and says " Gross! ". It's kinda crazy though. LOL!

Destiny MistGem
lvl 35

Destiny MistFist
lvl 9

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
Please please please make the animations for the spells shorter! It adds so much time onto a battle.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
amyleigh wrote:
Please please please make the animations for the spells shorter! It adds so much time onto a battle.

/Agree

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
I know most people think some of the animations are too long, and I'm happy to see that a few of them have been shortened. I did however find some of the long versions charming (especially the snow serpent) and would like to see them shown every now and then.

Maybe just the first time you encounter the spell while soloing? Being able to switch them on while soloing bosses would be another way. In both cases other players don't have to wait around while we watch them.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
I think when you are at your dorm room or your house that friends just can't pop in uninvited. Maybe a door knock or something to let you know a friend is looking for you...later

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
well i think they should start 7 new schools for our minions depending on what type they are and our minions could rank up and we would have 2 exp bars one for our minion and one for us.when our minion gets a to a certain rank(ranks should go up to 20 really hard to get there)they should be able to learn a new spell and the schools should be in a new street by the library call minion road and thats where the schools should be.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
oh yea and they're teachers should be halstrom stormwind(storm minion teacher)moolinda fue(life minion teacher)falmelea firedrake(fire minion teacher)professer greyice(ice minion teacher)dworman(death minion teacher)and cyrus rake(myth minion teacher)and we can get teacher quests for our minions for specail spells(no idea what spells teacher quests give)and the spells our minions learn are the spells we learn.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
or you can put a shop in the shoping district to buy a boss to protect you in your house(doesnt work in dorms)and it costs 100-2,000 depending on what rank they are.then they have to fight that boss to get to you or you can pu another shop for dueling rings(works when you enter them)and fight them and then they can teleprot to you i have had this idea on a different forum but ladyoriel never replied to my ideas :(:(:(:(:(:(

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Vacuos wrote:
I know most people think some of the animations are too long, and I'm happy to see that a few of them have been shortened. I did however find some of the long versions charming (especially the snow serpent) and would like to see them shown every now and then.

Maybe just the first time you encounter the spell while soloing? Being able to switch them on while soloing bosses would be another way. In both cases other players don't have to wait around while we watch them.

Add critical hit chances (% additional damage to the spell) and when you get one (it should be a low percentage chance) you see the longer animation sequence or something different then the common animations.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
maybe make the seraph say different words (like some spell of a kind)
and instead of making her just hold it in the air she can put something on it to make it green then he flys toward the targetand stabs him/her. i think that would be pretty cool.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
I would love to see "Nature's Wrath" stomp someone with a giant tree foot! Similiar to the seen in LOTR when Treebeard stomped the orc. The throwing rock animation gets a little boring after the hundredth time, lol. Tree pops out of the ground, he turns to face defending wizard, walks over, lifts leg high in the air and stomps said wizard with dirty root covered foot! Coolness!

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
Werewolf
How about a new spell for dark, Animation: it turns dark and moon turns into a
full moon and a werewolf comes out of the ground and bites the opponent and transfers the life to the user.

Stingray
New spell for storm Animation: Water comes up and a bunch of little stingray run away and a huge stingray comes out of the water and stabs the opponent and electric moves through his tail and to the opponent.

Cupid
New spell for life Animation: Grass grows and white clouds come down and cupid comes out of the clouds and shoots all enemies with his arrows and gets them stunned.

If you have the time to put these new spells I would be grateful if you did (':)');:)

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
New school

How about a new school, the element could be steel. Then you talk to Merle Ambrose and he says that he sees something coming down and to meet him at raven wood and when you meet him a little movie starts and you can see a building crashing down and it lands on top of bartleby and a little panel falls on the ground. Then Merle Ambrose tells you to go on top of bartleby and take a look at the building. Then you have to go on top of the panel and it takes you on top. Then you can see a metal building and a metal tree with pipes as branches and little pieces of scrap of metal as leaves. then you go in and you see this professor with white hair, white shirt, black pants and goggles. He tells you that Malistare shot a beam at his building/rocket for not giving up his robot army so he had to fly to the nearest place. Then you go back to Merle Ambrose and tell what happens then you get a training point.

Spell number one 95-140 Name: Robot Dog
Weak:A robot dog appears wags his tail and shoots little pieces of metal scrap and disappears.

Strong:The robot dog comes up and his teeth come out as drills and bites the opponent.

Spell number two 150-220 Name: Weapon Robot
Weak: a normal robot comes out of a pile of metal and scrap and he shoots the opponent with a little rocket

Strong: the robot comes up out of the pile of metal ond scrap and he shoots a laser beam at the opponent.

Spell number three +35% on attack Name: Metalwork blade
A shield that has that sword on it and its gray and boost the steel attacks by 35%

Spell number four 310- 350 Name: Metal Spit
A machine [that looks like those things that spit out wood] spits out piles of metal and scrap at every opponent.

Then you get a quest from the professor to get a book from the library and you get it and he says to say some words outside of the school of steel and a piece metal comes down and transfers energy to you and you get a new minion spell and you get to summon the weapon robot.

Spell number five 430 + 50 Name: Robot Car
A medium sized car comes up and shoots the opponent with a rocket and then shoot him again and stuns him.

Spell number six Resist any thunder attack Name: Thunder Resist
A Shield that changes thunder's boost to resist

Spell number seven boost attack to all opponents Name: Metal Rain
A spell that boost any metal attack to all of the opponents by 20%
You get a quest from him and he tells you to defeat an iron golem from the golem tower and after that he gives you the spell thaat is a metal robot that does 100 per pip and he shoots a huge metal ball.

Spell number eight Boost by 25% Name: Power Boost
A Shield that goes around the opponent and boost by 25%

Spell number nine 540-620 Name: Robot Monster
Weak: A town comes up[same animation as stormzilla] and a huge robot comes up and [it looks like the robots in transformers but its not painted] it shoots a huge beam.

Strong: The huge robot comes out of the town and his hand comes off and a huge missile hits the opponent and explodes

If you had the time to put it I would be grateful. ':-)

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
what i think should happen is group spells. let me give an example. lets say some new spells like, fire and ice bats were added. if all the players played them, if there were three players, one played fire, one ice and one storm bat, they should be played at once, with a pretty multicolored cloud and a red bat, a blue one, and a purple one, all using combined forces to attack each enemy with thrice the power of a storm bat! Fire Ice and Storm! three forces of nature teaming up to destroy! Mua ha ha ha ha!