Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
QuinnHexthief wrote:
Hey thanks, I wanted this to appear...

Perhaps with Fire Elf, instead of ALWAYS jumping around and shooting an arrow, maybe he could jump around, and dive at our opponent, and burst into flames? Just a thought...

also, with Storm Shark, an animation of the shark jumping out of the water, charging up some sort of Electrical Ball in his mouth, and then shoot it at our opponent?

Yeah, those would all be really cool... ^_^

thanks!
the fire elf one would sound too much like fire cat...

Survivor
May 08, 2011
Ideas

1. "Judgement" spell could have a sword and slash at you.
2. If you do a health spell that round no one can attack you.
3. Every school could have a spell that costs like 7 mana that casts a force field around them that none of the spells for thier opposite element could get in and would last for an x amount of turns. (For balance those would be 2 different ones, the elemental and the spiritual)
4. I don't know all the morph spells for sun, but one could be Malistaire!

Survivor
May 16, 2011
okay here's some animations i think should be redone :D

Medusa- wouldn't it be cool if while the player was stunned for two turns they where actually turned to stone!

Bone Dragon- Just a bit lame looking for the final level 58 death spell.

Storm shark- dunno why but i never liked the storm shark animation maybe a couple sharkfins swimming around jagged rocks with jaws music playing.

Ice beetle- Just a copy of scarab i think it should be changed to ice wolf

Seraph/Banshee/others- just to short an animation i would like to see longer animations with more action like other similary ranked spells.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Delver
Feb 18, 2010
MelodyKitn wrote:
Seeing as I've seen quite a bit of that funny little imp, it'd be interesting to see him belt out a tune or two with different instruments to give him a slight change up. Instead of always carrying a harp, he could have a lute, a tambourine, or maracas as alternatives to sing with for diversity.

if the imp ends up with maracas he MUST wear a sombrero. that's practically mandatory when you have maracas XD ooh maybe there could be a mariachi (did i spell that right?) band of imps as an animation! XD XD XD XD XD

Survivor
May 30, 2009
idk what type school spell this would be but i have an idea for a battling spell,
a present appears and it shakes and then a dog pops out and attacks one target

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
bunnyboi7 wrote:
eakilian wrote:
Spell animation. How would you change any of the spell animations in the game? Or is there one you would like to add? Describe in detail. Let your imagination take over!

there should be a dragon for the school of fire. i think it should fly up high and swoop down and at the last second it stops and breaths fire
Great idea!

Another good one would be an animation for the spell Scorch, that Fire characters get before going to Mooshoo, maybe an animation like the Super Nova or Ra, only just lots of flame shooting at all enemies. :D

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
zargof wrote:
i think the minotaur needs to be changed just a little. instead of it coming out of no where there should be a busted up stone wall with wholes in it. And it looks like it will co laps soon. then you hear loud steps then they get louder and louder then until it fells like some thing big is running. then the minotaur rams through the wall and the wall just explodes to pieces. then the current animation after all of that i said should be kept.
Great idea. Your affects would have to happen in a few seconds but the outcome will be TERRIFIC! :D

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Wizard101FanWiki wrote:
QuinnHexthief wrote:
Hey thanks, I wanted this to appear...

Perhaps with Fire Elf, instead of ALWAYS jumping around and shooting an arrow, maybe he could jump around, and dive at our opponent, and burst into flames? Just a thought...

The current Fire Elf animation seems to have a little something missing. I think maybe as he jumps out and dives through the leaves each time he fires an arrow, 3 in total, then disappears back into the forest.

TheBigBadWolf wrote:

Humongofrog

Intro - I get why he's shown landing on part of the globe, but the green splat mark under him after he drops in just looks odd, off, and vaguely disturbing. Give him a lily pad or have him stay seated on the globe. The green smear mark is...icky.

Weak - Tongue smack.

Strong - Current animation (fish bits vomit). By the bye, this animation is also vaguely disturbing. It's funny to see the fish bits (is that part of the storm shark?), but the green boiling goo he vomits makes me vaguely uncomfortable.

... the Magma Man does the same attack animation as the Evil Snowman (who by the way is awesome; give those artists a raise!).

Yea as an second attack style the Humongofrog should have some kind of tongue attack. Slaps the enemy with his tongue or wraps his tongue around them, pops them in his mouth and then spits them back out, covered in slime.

I have to agree the snowman attack is freaky and awesome. Especially the one where he digs a piece of this body out with his knife and throws it at you.

Cardinal wrote:
I don't think that the Dark Faerie (Rank 1 Death card) should have an attack animation that's identical to the Pixie/Faerie (The Life card that heals 400 health). Maybe instead of lifting the target up like the Pixie, the dark faerie could knock it down.

Ditto that.

The Ghoul spell. He draws life from your opponent and then gives half of it back to you as health. Personally instead of turning the animation, which breaks the feel of the battle some what for me, why not have him just turn his head back towards you and reach out his arm on that side with his hand open fingers splayed kinda of like a claw and energy flowing from the hand into you. then he falls back into the grave.

Just a couple of ideas.

p.s. The death school basic attack needs the animation improved. A lot of times you can't even tell if it is doing anything.

Same with the Wraith... the entire scene spins but I thing only HE should spin. :?

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I kind of wish the old Orthrus was back, where one of the heads let loose that silver thing came out of one head, and I liked the second part of the attack, even though I'm myth I was still like "whoa, what's going on?" the second part of the camera where I couldn't see much really added to the "horror" element, and my dad even got a text chat from one of the guys in a fight we were in saying "Awesome" no lie.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
I have stickied this post as it is a very good question.

Let's hear your ideas, no matter how wild you think they may be!
Ok! Then i want the Imp back! It used to play music and hit you while you were distracted, But now it plays creepy music and luaghs evil "HEH HEH HEH!" I dont like it at all I liked it a lot better the other way, but now you changed it :x

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Hydra's are supposed to have seven heads, right? Maybe a treasure card that mutates Hydra into Mr. Hydra (parody) which does Death, Myth, and Life damage.

Explorer
May 05, 2011
Well here are the spells i'd like to change

Minotaur:
Besides swinging his ax and air coming out, how bout he throws the ax at your opponent but then comes back to him then he throws it again st the opponent.

Medusa:
Well since i dont really think medusa has a lot of damage or "Lvl 58 Boldness" I just wish that Medusa was to all enemies but she stuns once. KI plz change that card.

Earthquake:
Well heres the fact i really think you should upper the damage of this card because 310 isn't enough. How about 450 or 475????? Also when people cast the spells, It takes away their weaknesses and traps also so i would like you to change that to removing all positive blades and shields.

Thanks MarkTrollglade

Explorer
May 05, 2011
eggywig wrote:
Hydra's are supposed to have seven heads, right? Maybe a treasure card that mutates Hydra into Mr. Hydra (parody) which does Death, Myth, and Life damage.

Yeah! That could be called The Spirit Hydra.

Explorer
May 05, 2011
kittycat1910 wrote:
Ideas

1. "Judgement" spell could have a sword and slash at you.
2. If you do a health spell that round no one can attack you.
3. Every school could have a spell that costs like 7 mana that casts a force field around them that none of the spells for thier opposite element could get in and would last for an x amount of turns. (For balance those would be 2 different ones, the elemental and the spiritual)
4. I don't know all the morph spells for sun, but one could be Malistaire!

I think its a good idea, BUT there is one problem, Morph Spells are in the MOON school NOT the SUN one.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I personally think that the wand spells should have new animations.

Death: i like the hand coming out of the ground but it doesnt happen with all of the death wands

Life: vines, please

Myth: maybe you could have energy from the opponets mind come out and hit the floor

Ice: freeze their feet

Storm: maybe a little static shock

Fire: lava on the ground

Balance: a scarab bites the opponets heels

Defender
Dec 12, 2008
Professor Greyrose wrote:
I have stickied this post as it is a very good question.

Let's hear your ideas, no matter how wild you think they may be!
Well, I have something for the Skeletal Pirate spell. I think sometimes, another skeleton pirate guy with a captain hat comes, and they sword fight, until one of the swords flies out and hits you.

Explorer
May 28, 2011
the humungofrog spell may be my favorite but it has gotten quite boring instead of just barfing on my enimies it could jump up and land on them then bounce away [like a bouncy ball] and land in the middle of the circle where it repeats that with the next enimie

belgrim ogrebane lvl. 30 myth

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Efreet: when he has the sword in the air, he yells goodbye! while it is coming at the enemy

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
magicpancakes wrote:
okay here's some animations i think should be redone :D

Medusa- wouldn't it be cool if while the player was stunned for two turns they where actually turned to stone!

Bone Dragon- Just a bit lame looking for the final level 58 death spell.

Storm shark- dunno why but i never liked the storm shark animation maybe a couple sharkfins swimming around jagged rocks with jaws music playing.

Ice beetle- Just a copy of scarab i think it should be changed to ice wolf

Seraph/Banshee/others- just to short an animation i would like to see longer animations with more action like other similary ranked spells.

I agree with you about the Medusa.

Since the Myth School has much to do about Greek Mythology (which I am big fan of), I think that the elements of all the creatures in that mythology should be used in the game. Most of the spells with characters from Greek Mythology are doing fine, but I have had a problem with Medusa, since there is no stone turning in the spell, and that is the main part of Medusa.

I was thinking that once Medusa comes out, (that part is fine), instead of doing her regular attack, she could stare and hiss at the opponent, who would slowly start turning into stone, then she could take her sword, (which i believe she had in the original spell), and attack the opponent, and the rock pieces would fly outwards like the Centaur spell, and fly back in and hit the opponent.

Also, since there is a stun in the spell, you could make Medusa come out, then the snakes in her hair can lash out and attack the opponent, who turns into stone after that and stays as a statue for as many rounds as he/she is stunned.

I hope you take this into consideration KI games, and I am loving you work with the game so far! Great work!

Benjamin Frostblood
Level 48 Diviner
Dragonspyre

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
tmrose2001 wrote:

Another good one would be an animation for the spell Scorch, that Fire characters get before going to Mooshoo, maybe an animation like the Super Nova or Ra, only just lots of flame shooting at all enemies. :D

I really like this idea, (the spell is actually called scald, just so ya know).
Something like fire nova, the fire version of power nova some cheating bosses use. Maybe there's a big fire which shoots a blast of fire at the opponent.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
Change the level 58 animations just slightly from the original spells. So Grand Phoenix could summon a flaming tornado which does the damage then blast them with fire for the accuracy debuff. Ancient Wyvern could be a darker blue and summon a giant ice crystal when it does the damage over time. Enraged Kraken could summon a bolt of lightning that shocks them instead of throwing a bolt at them (he would summon a bolt like in wild bolt or insane bolt). Ominous scarecrow could have red fiery eyes then absorb with red instead of blue, plus there would be fog around him. Noble Humungofrog could barf for his first damage, then attack with his tongue for the damage over time, like frost giant blows on them for the stun. Enraged forest lord could rise up out of the ground and shake off the dirt, and crush them with its energized fists. Finally, Mighty Judgement would shoot a red beam from its scale then there is small explosion of white light on the enemy.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
I have four legendary wizards and working on my fifth. I really dont like questing at this point but know its something that has to be done if I want to excel in PVP.

I donr know how it if it could work in a PVE environment but if it could be made as an option that other wizardz could not join a particular duel if you wanted to solo. The reason would be for the second and more important option of turning the animations off and just getting the information as points.

The reason for this? To get through as quickly as possible. At this point its almost annooying having to wait for the animations to cycle through. Its gratifying to watch when against a live person. But watching them in PVE is like seeing these people say "good boy" or "good girl" to a pet that doesnt hear them.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
hrk33 wrote:
jumbo bubble-this would be a balance spell a bubble appears and then it pops and little bubbles appear and it explodes on all the targets.

voodoo doll- a death spell of course a little wooden doll appears floating in the air and then its eyes appear as black little flames and shoots shadow balls at you.

fire spire- fire spell, a little girl appears crying then she says don't leave me here. then she melts and fire comes up and burns you every turn and every time you get burnt you here you should'nt of left me.

icy kiss- a freezing eye appears and it glares at you and then you freeze for 2 turns and then when your unmelted you take damage for the rest of the the battle in frost damage.

tornado-the storm professer comes out and spins around turning into a tornado hurting all enimies

ying of yang-a life spell, a green spirit appears and breathes green smog over all enimies and then a shadow spirit appears behind the life spirit using the health zap to heal everybody else.

mount olympus- a cloud floats down over the field with a mountain on it and it attacks every enemy with every type of magic!!!!
i like all the ideas exept the death one it might scare some little kids though but cool idea

Survivor
May 13, 2011
Scald is boring.The damage is huge but it is boring.I think a ball of fire should fall on the enimies.

Thanks!
Nathaniel ShadowTalon,level 8 balance wizard