Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
IxionInc wrote:
israelp3 wrote:
I forgot to add this in my last post

can you please change the way blood bat appears I don't find him amusing at all this is how I would do it:

blood bat: I would do it like this, a cave comes out of the ground and a swarm of bats comes out after they are all gone the biggest one comes out and attacks with one of the following:1) Bites the oponet(weak) 2) Uses sound waves to call upon more blood bats who attacks the oponet(normal) or 3) blood bat bites a bug and posinus juice damages the oponet's health(strong). Please consider my request.

Okay for one thing, that is far too much detail for a low level spell. The other lowbie spells have little or no backgrounds at all, if you did your idea, it would make it seem like a really big spell like Kraken or humongofrog.

Besides, I like the way the bloodbat looks, It reminds me of a really big Zubat.

you like pokemon to because i think that they should get licenceing from nintendo and makeat least 1 pokemon based spell for EACH element/scoll

aaron ravenpants sorcerer

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
I have an idea for spells to come with new wands, but these wands are school only and for level 65. each one does 150 damage.

fire: Burning Destruction; Casts fire symbol and enters the center of the arena, snaps fingers on left hand then on the right, small flames appear above the thumb, the target laughs, then the pyromancer makes the flames bigger in the same fashion that you would shape a snowball, it keeps growing until it is big wnough to cover half of the battlefield, then the pyromancer jumps up high into the sky, and slams the fire sphere ontop of the enemy.

ice: Freezing Pierce; Casts ice symbol and enters the center of the arena, holds hand at sides then raises them to make two small icicles appear out of the ground, enemy laughs, raises hands higher to make the icicles grow huge, pop out of the ground, then flings hands forwards thus pushing the icicles point first at the target.

storm: Thunder Strike; casts storm symbol and enters the center of the arena, points to the sky and a bolt of lightning comes and stops in hand, but it is tiny, enemy laughs, diviner turns bolt into a sphere and the reest is like burning destruction.

life: Flower Power; casts life symbol and enters the center of the arena, raises hands in front and a flower pops out of the ground, enemy laughs, the theurgist raises hands further to make the flower grow into a monstrous vine, spins around making the vine wrap around the target, then crushing them.

myth: Hammer Smackdown; casts myth symbol and enters the center of the arena, jumps up high and punches the ground, a crack appears in the ground, but only right next to the conjurer, enemy laughs, conjurer holds hand over the hole and a hammer shoots into the hand, conjurer charges and smashes the enemy in the same way a cyclopes might do.

death: 6 Feet Under; casts death symbol and appears in the center of the field with a shovel in hand, starts digging, enemy laughs, necromancer summons ghouls to help, then they throw the target into the hole and fill it up, converts half of the damage into health for the necromancer.

balance: Destructive Balance; casts balance symbol and appears in the center of the arena meditating, in order a small representation of each school appears, a flame, a bolt of lightning, an icicle, a leaf, a skull, and a hammer, since they are so small the enemy laughs, then the sorcerer/sorceress opens eyes and stands up, swirling the elements until they are a blur, then the whole thing becomes enclosed in a tornado of sand, then all is combined into the wizard's hand and is thrust at the opponent.

I did this because the wand spells are kind of boring. Also, some people do not use their wand spells because they are so weak and these are totally epic ideas. and don't make these for sale, or be able to be sold, make them a reward for a very hard quest, or maybe make them a reward fo the level 68 spell quest. either way, make it so that nobody can just buy them, but they have to earn these incredible powers.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
QuinnHexthief wrote:
Hey thanks, I wanted this to appear...

Perhaps with Fire Elf, instead of ALWAYS jumping around and shooting an arrow, maybe he could jump around, and dive at our opponent, and burst into flames? Just a thought...

also, with Storm Shark, an animation of the shark jumping out of the water, charging up some sort of Electrical Ball in his mouth, and then shoot it at our opponent?

Yeah, those would all be really cool... ^_^

thanks!

I like the shark one!

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Spells? I wouldn't mess with any spells... Noooo I would change the sound girl wizards make when we take damage. We aren't chihuahuas... This is the only thing that has ever irritated me about this game. Period.
-Taryn

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
I had a idea for rank 9 fire.Its called lava giant.You see a big crack in the ground open.Then lava seeps out then it takes a form of like a blob like monster.Made of lava then it ignites on fire then charges at all enemies for 850 damage.And it gives you a fire blade with 55% damage boost. Best idea for the rank 9 fire spell.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
i think a lot of spells could be changed to improve them

Balance

Sandstorm
Weak- A gust of sand
Strong- Normal

Spectral Blast
Ice- Dart like ice shot at the target
Fire- A small flame falls to the enemy then he like explodes in fire
Storm- A cloud appears and lightning comes out

Fire
Fire Bird
Weak- Normal
Strong- Flames up and dashes the enemy

Phoenix
Weak- the phoenix pecks at the end of the animation instead of breathing fire
Strong- Normal

Helephant
Weak-Normal
Strong- Rams the target

Heckhound
1-3 pips- Normal
4-8 pips-Fire Cat Animation
9+ pips- Flaming Ram

Astral
More Animation

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
I think the dragon and efreet animations are getting kind of well... boring, (no offense) :( so here are my changes to them.

EFREET

The efreet could come out of the bottle and raise his arms, and charge a giant ball of fire in his hands, and aim it with both hands together like a V, connecting to his wrists, and firing it through his palms at the enemies!

DRAGON

I think The dragon should fly out of the ground really fast, spin in the air like a drill, the camera angle shows the dragon in the sky, and he catches on fire, an corkscrews into the enemies all at once!

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
MelodyKitn wrote:
Seeing as I've seen quite a bit of that funny little imp, it'd be interesting to see him belt out a tune or two with different instruments to give him a slight change up. Instead of always carrying a harp, he could have a lute, a tambourine, or maracas as alternatives to sing with for diversity.

um isnt the instrument hes holdidng a flute

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I love playing Life School but I hate the Forest Lord Animation.

I know there are artists who created that image and they must have loved it. But I think he looks like an angry Ewok. He's silly looking.

He could have the same action, though I'd make the trees more complete like Dryad. But he Himself would be The Green Man from Celtic lore. He'd be similar to Storm Lord in grace, fierceness, and fineness of rendering. But he'd have brown curly hair and have broader features. More wild looking than Storm Lord but still human looking and not silly at all. My idea reminds me of the Ghost of Christmas Present from the Christmas Carol movie starring Patrick Stewart OR George C. Scott. But his clothes would be nature colors and maybe of leaves and vines etc, like Dryad. In fact they could appear to be counterparts.

Thanks for asking and I'm crossing my fingers. :D

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Aedan11 wrote:
I love playing Life School but I hate the Forest Lord Animation.

I know there are artists who created that image and they must have loved it. But I think he looks like an angry Ewok. He's silly looking.

He could have the same action, though I'd make the trees more complete like Dryad. But he Himself would be The Green Man from Celtic lore. He'd be similar to Storm Lord in grace, fierceness, and fineness of rendering. But he'd have brown curly hair and have broader features. More wild looking than Storm Lord but still human looking and not silly at all. My idea reminds me of the Ghost of Christmas Present from the Christmas Carol movie starring Patrick Stewart OR George C. Scott. But his clothes would be nature colors and maybe of leaves and vines etc, like Dryad. In fact they could appear to be counterparts.

Thanks for asking and I'm crossing my fingers. :D
Actually, forest lord looks like chewbacca, an ewok, (star wars), Reshiram, and Zekrom (pokemon) and a little mix of a hamster all put together in one. Yeah i agree, he should look a little more like storm lord, but at the same time, i want them to leave it.

I want them to make the rank 1 spells to have a background. they are really boring without them.

Chase Nightbreath, Level 39 Pyromancer
EDIT: OK FORGET I EVER MENTIONED RESHIRAM AND ZEKROM. Peace people.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
I have a few new spells(mainly strom). How about a thunder strom spell thats like blizzard but more powerful but its a strom of lighting not a blizzard. And how about a triton spell that like the kraken but its a human thats like um Poseidon.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
The more I watch the ice colossus and other creatures that are color swaps of it, makes me not like their animations. It's not what they do, but how they do it. For being living chunks of rock, wood, metal, etc, they move around very organically.

For instance, if a solid block of rock were to bend as if it had ankle, it would be cracking and having bits of gravel or dust falling for where the bending was happening. I think it would look better if the animations were more rigid and less organic.

If the centaur is going to keep the bullet time/slow motion arrow, would he please at least look at his target as he aims and shoots?

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
hrk33 wrote:
jumbo bubble-this would be a balance spell a bubble appears and then it pops and little bubbles appear and it explodes on all the targets.

voodoo doll- a death spell of course a little wooden doll appears floating in the air and then its eyes appear as black little flames and shoots shadow balls at you.

fire spire- fire spell, a little girl appears crying then she says don't leave me here. then she melts and fire comes up and burns you every turn and every time you get burnt you here you should'nt of left me.

icy kiss- a freezing eye appears and it glares at you and then you freeze for 2 turns and then when your unmelted you take damage for the rest of the the battle in frost damage.

tornado-the storm professer comes out and spins around turning into a tornado hurting all enimies

ying of yang-a life spell, a green spirit appears and breathes green smog over all enimies and then a shadow spirit appears behind the life spirit using the health zap to heal everybody else.

mount olympus- a cloud floats down over the field with a mountain on it and it attacks every enemy with every type of magic!!!!

Yeah, well fire spire sounds, uh, well, Incredibley disturbing. Is that a healthy thought? (no offence)

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
TheBigBadWolf wrote:
Humongofrog and "Unicorn Heal Spell"

I have a minor issue with the animation both of these spells. When the frog or the unicorn turn toward a different player or opponent, the ground cover under them obviously turns as well. This is a slight break in the immersion of the game. Just my opinion, but I think you should change the ground design of both spells such that it's impossible to tell a difference when the animation turns to face a new opponent/player.

OK for the unicorn should stay the same because the florwers are bloomed when the unicorn IS GIVING LIFE and die when the unicorn turns away thats what it should look like
and the frog um lol i dont care for much

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Phoenixtail wrote:
I have an idea for spells to come with new wands, but these wands are school only and for level 65. each one does 150 damage.

fire: Burning Destruction; Casts fire symbol and enters the center of the arena, snaps fingers on left hand then on the right, small flames appear above the thumb, the target laughs, then the pyromancer makes the flames bigger in the same fashion that you would shape a snowball, it keeps growing until it is big wnough to cover half of the battlefield, then the pyromancer jumps up high into the sky, and slams the fire sphere ontop of the enemy.

ice: Freezing Pierce; Casts ice symbol and enters the center of the arena, holds hand at sides then raises them to make two small icicles appear out of the ground, enemy laughs, raises hands higher to make the icicles grow huge, pop out of the ground, then flings hands forwards thus pushing the icicles point first at the target.

storm: Thunder Strike; casts storm symbol and enters the center of the arena, points to the sky and a bolt of lightning comes and stops in hand, but it is tiny, enemy laughs, diviner turns bolt into a sphere and the reest is like burning destruction.

life: Flower Power; casts life symbol and enters the center of the arena, raises hands in front and a flower pops out of the ground, enemy laughs, the theurgist raises hands further to make the flower grow into a monstrous vine, spins around making the vine wrap around the target, then crushing them.

myth: Hammer Smackdown; casts myth symbol and enters the center of the arena, jumps up high and punches the ground, a crack appears in the ground, but only right next to the conjurer, enemy laughs, conjurer holds hand over the hole and a hammer shoots into the hand, conjurer charges and smashes the enemy in the same way a cyclopes might do.

death: 6 Feet Under; casts death symbol and appears in the center of the field with a shovel in hand, starts digging, enemy laughs, necromancer summons ghouls to help, then they throw the target into the hole and fill it up, converts half of the damage into health for the necromancer.

balance: Destructive Balance; casts balance symbol and appears in the center of the arena meditating, in order a small representation of each school appears, a flame, a bolt of lightning, an icicle, a leaf, a skull, and a hammer, since they are so small the enemy laughs, then the sorcerer/sorceress opens eyes and stands up, swirling the elements until they are a blur, then the whole thing becomes enclosed in a tornado of sand, then all is combined into the wizard's hand and is thrust at the opponent.

I did this because the wand spells are kind of boring. Also, some people do not use their wand spells because they are so weak and these are totally epic ideas. and don't make these for sale, or be able to be sold, make them a reward for a very hard quest, or maybe make them a reward fo the level 68 spell quest. either way, make it so that nobody can just buy them, but they have to earn these incredible powers.
I love these ideas! I really like the myth one. I agree with you about having them be a reward for a spell quest. Since i'm life I need to coment on it. It should be a stick that the wizard sticks in the ground, enemy laughs:P, and then the sticks grows into a Treant who stomps on the enemy.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
I think it would be awesome if there was an ice spell (me having an ice wizard) if there was a spell where a yeti is formed by the snow in the wind and then directsthe snow twards the target. :D

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
eakilian wrote:
Spell animation. How would you change any of the spell animations in the game? Or is there one you would like to add? Describe in detail. Let your imagination take over!

I'd like to see several different animations for all the spells, actually. Three or four at least. Then, when they're cast, it doesn't always look the same.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
Cardinal wrote:
I don't think that the Dark Faerie (Rank 1 Death card) should have an attack animation that's identical to the Pixie/Faerie (The Life card that heals 400 health). Maybe instead of lifting the target up like the Pixie, the dark faerie could knock it down.

Exactly!

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Magma colossus current animation they rise up in ice melt it and attack. Instead make it a cube of onyx and lava causes cracks then it breaks and out pops the magma collosus to attack!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Squirrel wrote:

This is probably too time intensive, but worth mentioning.

I would love to see variations to the way the spell recipient reacts based on different amounts of damage.

For instance:
Light damage to a creature or player may make him shrug and flick an imaginary fly off his shoulder.

Small damage: A slight "windmilling arms" as if he was a little off balance.

Medium damage: Doubles over as if receiving a gut-punch.

Heavy: staggers backwards a few steps.

Very heavy: Knocked on his rear end, climbs back to his feet.

I would add something to Very Heavy.
Make the person also shake his head when he gets knocked down.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
SyphaN wrote:

when a mob is hit let them show it more than just when they die, like
they look more and more beat up and/or bloody, maybe an arm come loose
and is hanging there or a piece of armor etc. have the face have a pain/agoney look as to the impact the spell does.

Why can't our avy's look downward for???
I think thats a little too violent.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
QuinnHexthief wrote:
Hey thanks, I wanted this to appear...

Perhaps with Fire Elf, instead of ALWAYS jumping around and shooting an arrow, maybe he could jump around, and dive at our opponent, and burst into flames? Just a thought...

also, with Storm Shark, an animation of the shark jumping out of the water, charging up some sort of Electrical Ball in his mouth, and then shoot it at our opponent?

Yeah, those would all be really cool... ^_^

thanks!
Yes.... I love this!
~ HOLMIAHAN~

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
Hey, yeah. I would like to add a spell. The spell would take away some of your health to make mana. Do they have that already? I might not know, because I am in lvl 22. Well, just saying that. Because I ALWAYS run out of mana, but I have tons of health. :) :D :-) :( :-o 8) :x :P :? .... Yeah.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Hmm. Aha! Here's a Few:

Triton: Swoops down, swiping Trident at.

Storm Lord: Electricity crackles down at enemy, zapping them.

Stormzilla, Icezilla, Firezilla: Each grab a building, put an element into it, and crush the enemy with it.

Forest Lord: Laughs, grabs a tree, and slams all enemies with the logs.

Centaur: Grabs a hammer and crushes with.

Fire Dragon: Magma is kicked at the enemy by, kicked up by the Dragon.

Leprechaun: Takes hat off, pulls a clover out, and it becomes a hammer. Then he slams the enemy with it.

Skeletal Dragon: Swoops overhead, behind dueling circle, and crushes the enemies in a horizontal slash.

Colossus: A glacier appears, then a sword cracks out. The Colossus appears and stabs enemy with.