Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
I have another idea for a spell!

Name: Sacred Grove
School: Life

A great prarie with lots of tall wheat grass grows out of the ground, then a wind blows and an Alpha Male Deer rises out of the grass, then several other deer rise out of the grass and run at the target, forming a circle of stampeding deer around the target. It deals ___ damage, and stuns the target for 3 rounds.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
IxionInc wrote:

A great prarie with lots of tall wheat grass grows out of the ground, then a wind blows and an Alpha Male Deer rises out of the grass, then several other deer rise out of the grass and run at the target, forming a circle of stampeding deer around the target. It deals ___ damage, and stuns the target for 3 rounds.

3 rounds seems like an awfully long time to stun a target. A little unbalanced.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
Helmholtz wrote:
IxionInc wrote:

3 rounds seems like an awfully long time to stun a target. A little unbalanced.

Well, give or take a turn. I just think that the Beguile and Stun spells don't really do well, since they're only one-turners.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Okay, i am going to take a shot at this. I have some ideas for minions and spells of the possibly new schools, Moon, Sun, and Star

Star School
Minion: I think the minon spell should be called Energize. The minion would be a glowing orb that increases in size the more pips you use. It would be rank X such as Animate but the being would have the same name (Energy Being) no matter what. it would just grow bigger and maybe have the color change.
Stardust: Such as Balefrost or Wyldfire, I beleive Stardust should increase Star power by 35%, the norm. It would be a silver dome with dark blue and pink light orbs raining down from it. I think that those would be a good choice for school colors

Sun School
Minion: If it were up to me i would call the sun minion spell Sun Goddes. Similar to other schools, this spell would take 3 to 5 pips. The minion would look similar to judgement, only with fiery wings and golden robes and hair. She would be wearing a golden feathered hat. (perhaps the feathers were taken from a sunbird or phoenix?)
Lunar Eclipse: Increases Sun damage by 35%. It would be a large golden dome with sun beams shining down from it. I beleive the school colors of Sun should be Gold/Orange, Gold/Yellow, or Orange/ Yellow.

Moon School
Minion: Spell would be called Crater Creature and the minon would be a little green alien. Not sure of the specifics yet. But, instead of him appearing a crater would appear on the spot and he would burst out. he would be called little green man.
Lunar Eclipse: A dome that looks like the surface of the moon would appear, and tiny comets would fly out in the Moon School colors, Silver and White

I have tried to make this post as easy to read as possible. I hope it works out. Thanks for reading my opinions and i hope they get heard

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008

Why not just form all of those into a Temporal School? Like a school of spells that use astronomy, space, and time spells.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2008
I would make new schools for much more powerful wizards in a new school for example dragonspye has school but they are destroyed how about making a city that involves being in the sky.

Death=Underworld school

It would be similar to the death school but MUCH more powerful for higher than grandmaster levels.

Myth=Legends' school

I say that master myths should be masters of legend and being able to summon Extremely powerful legends as new spells.

Life=Healers sanctuary

I'm not sure for a name for this school but i just decided to put Healers sanctuary.For this school the healing spells should be more effective.

Balance=School of the Sorces

It should be a school that involves Spells from every single sorce in the spiral put the main sorce so much more powerful

Storm=School of the Divine

It should be a school so powerful not evena thamauturge could last it's power.

Ice=School of the Frozen

It should be a school that comes from the coldest worlds in the spiral and there should be spells beyond ice giants

Fire=School of the Inferno

It should be a school who's final spells should be The devils flames or it should be a school that actually harness's the power of the sun.

That's all I have please i hope you can use this idea for future updates to Wizard101 thank you for Reading.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2008
I would think it would be cool if the global spells would have a setting according to what kind it is. Additionally, the setting should react when a school of the opposite type is used.
Examples
Balefrost: Glaciers, when a fire spell is used, they melt
when other spells are used, the glaciers should break down when something touches them
Justin Stormhunter

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
Those are all great ideas. I like the idea of the Sun, Star, and Moon schools belonging to a large astronamy world, living alongside all the upgraded schools also spoken of. The world that the astronamy schools come from should be a large dome that covers the whole world with three seperate sections, Star, Sun, and Moon. There could be representatives of the normal schools, which will from now on be called high school wizards. That will teach you the high school spells. And a large telescope/teleporter in the center should be that worlds idea of a doorway, and the key is a microchip instead of actual keys. Updated keys for an updated world teleport system.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
You know out of all the spells for the schools like we have life spells that heal other people, so i want a Mana spell too, because what if we have like Zero Mana and we really want to cast a spell? I think this mana spell should be on every school.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
While I think that the serpent, snowman, bat, shark, and kraken variations are cool looking, we've seen them all before. It's kind of a rip when you think you're about to see a new spell. Especially the snow men and the kraken since the snowman is a snowman that casts fire or electricty too and that looks funny. It's also REALLY weird to see a kraken (WHO IS HOLDING A LIGHTNING BOLT) hit you with fire or ice. At least change what's in his hand to like a fireball and a icicle.

Vampire would be cool if his:

Weak attack: normal

Strong attack: he opened the coffin and instead a vamp head on a bat body he came out as a full fledged vampire and he raises his hands and a storm of bats fly from his hands hit the victim and fly into the caster's chest to give him his hit points back.

Wraith is SWEET, but it looks a lot like vampire. What if he actually used the scythe to "cut down" the victim?

A new spell (not sure the school, but probably balance)

Reflect
: sends or casts the next spell cast at you back to the caster.

Idea 1) shards of mirror fly in from everywhere and form a shield with a handmirror as it's symbol.

Idea 2) an old Victorian free-standing mirror is summoned in front of the caster then it forms the afore mentioned shield

For when it's activated by someone casting on it, the spell appears to fizzle then the mirror shield flashes, disappears, then the spell is cast on the original caster.

This would be a great spell for the treasure card that hides buffs from sight.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
CuteMiniWind wrote:
You know out of all the spells for the schools like we have life spells that heal other people, so i want a Mana spell too, because what if we have like Zero Mana and we really want to cast a spell? I think this mana spell should be on every school.
Yes. Yes. Please. We need this. Make it a Death spell. Make it a strange, 8th dimension version of Ghoul that sucks mana and gives you half. I don't care. JUST DO IT! lol. :D . no, but seriously, do it. :-o

Survivor
Jul 20, 2008
I am also going to take a stab at some ideas for spells for the possible new schools.

Sun school spell:
Prominence: Quest school spell. Pip cost 5 Effect: A pillar of large flames erupt in the center of the arena and a stream of large flames will travel across the ground to the target erupting on contact causing say 230 -310 of damage and randomly rendering 1 or 2 of your opponents cards unusable for a turn. This spell could possibly hit multiple opponents.

Field Spell: Radiance Normal sun school spell. Pip Cost 4. A dome that cast rays of sunlight across the field powering all Sun spells by 35%.

Moon school:
Lunaratic: Quest school spell. Pip cost 4. Effect: The animation for this spell would have magical energy concentrating on an opponent and exploding, after which a marker floats around the head which causes the pip cost of the opponents next spell to increase by 2.

Blue moon: Field spell, Normal school spell: Pip cost 4 Effect. This spell will create a dome of night with moonlight shining across the field. This spell could reduce the pip cost of all spells by one.

Star School:
Starcross: Quest School spell. Pip Cost 6: Effect. Numerous orbs of light collide in the center at the same time and a large orb of energy shoots off and hits the opponents, this does a small amount of damage say 200-230 and does a 3 turn Mana damage say 10-12 mana per turn for all opponents for three turns. Though instead of hitting everybody, this spell can hit single opponent to balance it out.

Shine: Normal School spell: Pip Cost 4: A dome of twilight with twinkling falling stars. This could increase mana restorations spells by 30% , if such spells would exist.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
I would love a Soul Sevant Pet, like the ones in Malistaire's lair in the Crown of fire, with a poison card :D

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
i would love to see the jade oni make a better entrance on his spell. he pretty much just appears and thats it

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Heck Hound: Cost X

Spell animation is a bit too long to watch. Maybe shorten it a bit towards the end where he backs up and breaths fire on the opponent?

The size is also HUGE! The size of the Heck Hound summoned should be tiny for 1 pip (like a kitten size), and scale up to it's current HUGE size (or bigger) as more pips are used with the spell.

You could give the Heck Hound multiple tails, one for each pip used. (Think Naruto, nine-tailed fox)

Make the wave of fire breath scale in size with the number of pips used.

More spells (including enemy spells) should scale wit the number of pips used to cast them.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
The only reason I think that astronomy school (Sun, stars, moon) should NOT exist is because there is already a rare clothing class called astral and has stars and all of that, like the astral robe of the minotaur or whatever it is called.

Malvin Goldcrafter: Level 32 Thaumaturge, 2158 health, 250 mana

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I've have noticed that the Heckhound and the Stormhound have the exact same animations. (Except when the heckhound howls it is fire as to the storm hound which is lightning or something) A different way for the heck/stormhound to attack is to claw the target or bite them then throw them in the air and while they are falling scorch/ shock them.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
(I hope this is the right place to put this)

I think there should be another island put in Krokotopia, but would come much later in the game. It would be Temple of the Dead or such. I thought about the story concerning it also.

Between level 45-50 or so you could return to Krokotopia and speak to Professor Winthrop. Winthrop would tell you that they discovered a new island located in Krokotopia. Winthrop ask you to clear out the main area so the Manders can get into there and dig for artifacts. (It would be 5 of three different types of death type monsters in the main area of the Temple of the Dead). You would go to and kill the monsters and then a message would come up saying "During your clearing of the Temple of of the Dead you discover a strange picture of a dog like figure on the wall." Then you would return to Professor Winthrop with the new information. Winthrop would be concerned about what the Manders may think what they see this, but cannot stop the dig because the artifacts inside are to valuable. Winthrop ask you to speak to Zan'ne to see if there is anything about the dog like figure in the Library

You go speak to Zan'ne but when you do Zan'ne tells you that there is nothing about the dog like figure in the library. You return to Winthrop and upon your return you find out that rumors are spreading that the ancestors of the people from Marleybone contributed to the evil Tuts taking over. Winthrop ask you to clear the name of the people of Marleybone and ask you to go find proof in the Temple of the Dead that the people of Marleybone had nothing to do with it.

When you get into the Temple of the Dead, a Mander (haven't thought of a name yet) tells you that there is a section of the Temple, called the Chamber of the Living Dead, that they have just found and would like to investigate. When you go to investigate you find the place overrun by powerful mummies. You return to the Mander and he ask you to clear out some of the mummies. You go to kill the mummies (once again three different types of mummies that you would need to kill each) and after doing so you return to the Mander. The Mander tells you that in the very back room there is strange sounds coming from in and he would like you to investigate before the diggers go in. Inside you fight Death type boss (some type of large guardian, like a sand stalker but black or grey) when you kill the boss, it drops a strange scroll.

You take the scroll to Winthrop where he discovers that the dog like figure's name is Kroknubis, the death god of the evil Tuts and of the jackal mask that he wore. Winthrop ask you to take the scroll to Zan'ne to help prove that the people of Marleybone didn't work with the evil Tuts.

When you reach Zan'ne and show him the scroll he believes you, but tells you that the Manders are so upset that the scroll isn't enough they would need the mask itself. Hearing this you ask go back to Winthrop and he ask you to further investigate the Temple of the Dead.

When you enter the Temple of the Dead, the Mander tells you that the diggers found another scroll of Kroknubis and now have stopped digging. They refused to work for those that had helped the evil Tuts. The Mander gives you the scroll and you take it to Winthrop. Winthrop tells you that the scroll tells you the location of the Mask of Kroknubis and how to get it. Winthrop tells you that you must defeat the Three Wolf Guards of Kroknubis (a black, grey, yellow heck hound) in the Tomb of Kroknubis (instance level).

You make your way to the Tomb of Kroknubis then defeat each of the Three Wolf Guards of Kroknubis (each giving a different part of a key). Once you have the three parts of the key you would go Gate to the Afterlife, where the Mask of Kroknubis his held.

Once you open the gate and go into the room, the Mask of Kroknubis is in the back of the room. When you go over and try to take the mask you hear a voice. The voice is of Kroknubis himself, vowing to kill those that disturb him in the Afterlife. You then have to fight Kroknubis (Kroknubis would be extremely powerful).

Upon defeating Kroknubis you would recieve a different arrangment of things. Everyone expect ones in the death school wizards (have to be doing the quest and not just tagging along) would recieve a Kroknubis treasure card. The death school wizards would actually recieve the Kroknubis spell permanently. (Drops could include Kroknubis's Staff and as extremely rare drop the Mask of Kroknubis). You would then grab the Mask of Kroknubis and take it to Winthrop. Winthrop would then ask you to take it to the library to take to Zan'ne to keep on display as proof that the people of Marleybone had nothing to do with the evil Tuts.

Badges earned could be like Kroknubis <something> and Three Wolf <something>.

I would like to get y'alls opinion on this (especially from the Professors, and Gamma). I'm also trying to think of ideas for each school could do that gave them an Krokotopia god spell. Working on Krokten (Krokten = Aten, sun god of Egypt) since I'm a fire wizard ha and Kroktor (Kroktor = Hector, goddess of love)

EDITED

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
For the multi-mob attacks like Tempest, Sandstorm, Meteor Shower, etc, it would be cool if the mobs were all hit at the same time, instead of individually.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
trading would be such a big help. only if you are friend though you should be able to trade . for example while killing malistare the other day with my other friends, which one of is fire i got a fire athame at the end which would help him so much , while he got a pair of life boots i think that you should be able to trade this way your friends can have things you cant even use like a certain class only robe ect.

matthew owlfist
master theurgist

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
I think it has already been said, but I would like to also say that Ghoul should be changed.

Instead of the whole graveyard flipping around, why not just have him "shovel" the HP over his head? I think that would be a lot better than what it is now.

Also, PLEASE CHANGE DARK SPRITE!

I am slightly embarrassed whenever someone comes in and I (or anyone) am using Dark Sprite. Could you please consider changing it to Ghost Touch (the Lost Soul treasure card, change from ice to death)?

Also, I think adding training points into quests like Sunken City and other instanced areas would be nice, they are hard to come by later in the game!javascript:emoticon('');

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
0SMR0 wrote:
I think it has already been said, but I would like to also say that Ghoul should be changed.

Instead of the whole graveyard flipping around, why not just have him "shovel" the HP over his head? I think that would be a lot better than what it is now.

Also, PLEASE CHANGE DARK SPRITE!

I am slightly embarrassed whenever someone comes in and I (or anyone) am using Dark Sprite. Could you please consider changing it to Ghost Touch (the Lost Soul treasure card, change from ice to death)?

Also, I think adding training points into quests like Sunken City and other instanced areas would be nice, they are hard to come by later in the game!javascript:emoticon('');

Agreed. I get extremely emberassed using the dark sprite, and I always wondered why ghost touch was ice instead of death. I'd like to have that be the first spell, or have it be my Raven Flock idea.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
HYDRA needs some work.

Beautiful monster, but it just sorta lands in front of you like a frog. It needs a better entrance.

SUGGESTION: Flame in the middle that expands outward to create a pit with the first Fire Head coming out as flames and fiery bits rise up in the air. The bits turn into snow and start to fall as the Ice Head appears while the color scheme goes from red to bluish until finally the Storm head appears amidst crackling electricity that builds to explode revealing the Hydra in all its glory.

I mean c'mon, this is a 6 pip monster and a 42 level spell. Give it the glory it deserves.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
I would not change the animation, but when the Living Puppet and Wooden Golem monsters and minions are defeated they make the most horrible noise. It sounds like someone dropped a box of rocks. Surely there is a better and less annoying sound effect for that? lol

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I would think the shields could use better animation.

For fire shield, how about a fireball appears over the opponent, then dissolves into a barrier which surrounds the person, thus giving him/her the shield.

How's that animation