Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Hadouken / Kamehameha for Elemental attack spells when you're unarmed! :-o

Survivor
Jul 21, 2010
alright now its time for some more after pips cards. 3 pip mist eagle. storm. a giant eagle perched on a rock looks at the opponent then the inside of the circle turns into a mist. you can see the rock through the mist but not the eagle. then the eagle lets out a screech and its lightning talons shoot a bolt of misty lightning at your face. 450 damage. 4 pip attack ice knight. ice. a giant fountain comes out of the ground and shoots up a spiral ball of water tha you can see through. 1 second after the water has gone to the area, ice freezes it so the water spiral ball is now ice. then the water forms a walk way and then the ice freezes it. now inside of the spiral ice ball a blue aura [it looks like a giant mana wisp] apears inside. the mana goes out of the point on top of the spiral ice ball [ sorry i forgot to mention that. theres apoint on top of the spiral ice ball that has a hole on top]. and a knight on a horse apears with a lance in his hand. he then rides the running horse down the run way and jousts the opponent. 580 ice damage. theres 2 more ill propably post more later today

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I'd like someone to please mend the satyr's broken leg! He must be in terrible pain. I'd also like the barking of the orthurus to be in sync with the audio. Lastly, a lot of the card animations stop completely as soon as the monster is done with it's animation and it cuts to the charms that are being used by said monster. For example:

- I cast Stormzilla.
- An egg appears in the middle of the battleground. It hatches, revealing a quickly growing Stormzilla, when a city filled with screaming people forms and the Stormzilla finally grows to its full size.
- *Stop for 2-3 seconds*
- (Charms signal they are being used) Stormzilla attacks

Hopefully this is a good explanation of things that should be changed.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
TheBigBadWolf wrote:

Locust Swarm

Name - Please change this one to "Insect Swarm." As an alternative, please make the locusts look a little more like locusts.

Weak - Scarabs swarm out of the mouth.

Strong - Current animation (locust swarm).

The locust swarm is named so because it's based on Krokotopia. Balance's origin is tied with the Order of the Fang, which is based in Krokotopia. I don't get what you mean by making the locust look more like locusts. Locusts are insects.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
If it were up to me, i would add a change to all the spells. But here are some suggestions:
Thunder Snake: The snake would first reach it's tail up to the clouds, and absorb electricity (Kind of like Triton) And then attack.
Helephant: Add backround, sort of like colossus.
Snow Serpent: Change it back to how it was during early years.
Fire Elf: (See Snow Serpent)
Nature's Wrath: When the treant grows, it freezez when it is a tree. You hear some birds chirping, then you see the tree open it's eyes. Then it goes on from there.
Storm Shark: (See Snow Serpent)
Wand Spells: Here is my favorite. For every wand spell, the same thing would happen (fire flare, ice flare, nothing changes from all that) But, you would also appear in the middle and swing your wand around like you are casting a spell. Cool, huh?
Then there are mutations. Here are a few:
Storm Shark mutations:
Life Shark: looks like tree, swims in leaves
Death Shark: Green eyes, swims in evil fog
Ice Wyvern Mutations:
Storm Wyvern: come out of sea rock
Wyvern: Green, emerges from lava rock
Frost Giant mutations:
Thor: Looks like Thor, what can i say
Fire Dragon mutations:
Ice Dragon: Looks a little like Ice Wyvern
Storm Dragon: Purple/Yellow, breathes electricity
Storm Lord mutations (awesome):
Hades (death): Dark, glowing evil eyes, gives back health
Posiedon (ice): Emerges from sea, attacks with ice shards
Lava Lord: Shoots flames all over opponent like helephant, emerges from lava
Sorry if my list is so long, but these are awesome suggestions!

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Well ii wold make these new spells

Anubis(Death) There is a flash of ight and he waved his hands. Mummy bandages engulf target until exploding. Anubis dissapears 700- 770

Isis:(Balance) The goddess points to target and jets of violet light blast target 800-840

Ra:(Fire) a sun flares in the sky and a boat stops in front of target. After a trio of fiery blasts from the sun god, he blows a wave of flames into you.700-760

Bastet:(Myth) A cat headed godess takes out a pair of knives and straches you violently. She jumps in the air and vanishes.900-980

Hathor: (Life) A beutiful woman appears and blows kisses at healer. Pink light heals him and his friends. Full health and fairys heal more powerfully

Nepthys:(Ice) A lady emerges from a river and waves her arms around. Water turns to sharps iceles and smakcs target. 800-900

Set:(Storm) The god smiles evilly and raises fist. A giantic bolt of lightning rains down and nearly blos target to death. 10000, deadly attacks

invented by Wulfric Nilrem Von Shadowgem

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
Squirrel wrote:

This is probably too time intensive, but worth mentioning.

I would love to see variations to the way the spell recipient reacts based on different amounts of damage.

For instance:
Light damage to a creature or player may make him shrug and flick an imaginary fly off his shoulder.

Small damage: A slight "windmilling arms" as if he was a little off balance.

Medium damage: Doubles over as if receiving a gut-punch.

Heavy: staggers backwards a few steps.

Very heavy: Knocked on his rear end, climbs back to his feet.

The giant Grendels in Hall of Valor actually are animated for knocked on his rear and climbs back to his feet. Very cool idea. Oh and in one of the Warrens.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
nilrem100 wrote:
Well ii wold make these new spells

Anubis(Death) There is a flash of ight and he waved his hands. Mummy bandages engulf target until exploding. Anubis dissapears 700- 770

Isis:(Balance) The goddess points to target and jets of violet light blast target 800-840

Ra:(Fire) a sun flares in the sky and a boat stops in front of target. After a trio of fiery blasts from the sun god, he blows a wave of flames into you.700-760

Bastet:(Myth) A cat headed godess takes out a pair of knives and straches you violently. She jumps in the air and vanishes.900-980

Hathor: (Life) A beutiful woman appears and blows kisses at healer. Pink light heals him and his friends. Full health and fairys heal more powerfully

Nepthys:(Ice) A lady emerges from a river and waves her arms around. Water turns to sharps iceles and smakcs target. 800-900

Set:(Storm) The god smiles evilly and raises fist. A giantic bolt of lightning rains down and nearly blos target to death. 10000, deadly attacks

invented by Wulfric Nilrem Von Shadowgem
storms way to powerful

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
So if you had a Action Card you would be able to pick the kind of attack.
Just a thought. :?

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
A: when I have a sword equipped, I feel silly waving it around like a wand and would prefer having my free hand cast the spell in the same manor as if you had no wand/staff/sword equipped.

B: as you increase in rank, have your wizard stand up straighter and more confident instead of consistently hunched over as if they were in a fist fight.

C: fix all of the stretching and animation problems with all of the lower clothes such as dresses looking like baggy pants when walking or the lose fabric below the belt stretching on the Guardian's Outfit.

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Thunder hand- 1500-1750 damae to all enemies take 600 damage
Flamebiter- 1000-1500 damage to all enemies
Icy wind- 1(not a mistake)- 1500 damage to al enemies put tower shield on self
Black hole- 800- 950 damaage to all enemies, convert half to self
Passing jungle- 500- 1100 damage to all enemies
Double trouble- 100 and 1350 damage to all enemies
God hand- 65 damage per pip to all enemies take 10% of the damage

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I have been been playing the game for about two years now and there are a couple spells that could be better.

BloodBat- I have to agree on most of what people have said about this spell in the section. it looks creepy and the animation is a little boring now.

Pixie- maybe a little like scene before she heals the player.

Fairy- same as the pixie but different.

Humongofrog- Its sicken watching it throw up on players and opponents. i know its not suppose to be pleasant, but its gets naughty knowing what that frogs been eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner, especially after fighting in DS the forum and that like the favorite spell among the Titan Army in the area.
The game is great and getting better.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
First off, before I tell you my spell animation ideas, I just want to say I love the intricate details of the spells and congrats to the team of creators who came up with the ideas! Wonderful job! Now, here are my ideas....

Imp: I really love the past ideas of the Imp being a performer, maybe some confetti or a spotlight would look nice and the Imp could take a bow after its attack.

Leprechaun: Maybe the Leprechaun could dance a little jig when doing a lot of damage. Like some Irish Step dancing!

Fairy: I always thought maybe the spell could be cast, then a field of flowers grows in the center, then a large flower springs up from the ground and then opens to reveal the Fairy sitting there. The Fairy could then fly out and heal the player/friend.

Sprite: Perhaps after the Sprite heals the player/friend, it could giggle a little bit and then wave and say "bye" since it says "hi" just a thought.

Seraph: Maybe instead of suddenly appearing, the Seraph could float down from the sky bathed in a heavenly light. Then, where she stops, flowers could grow beneath her and then she could attack.

Just some ideas! -Tristan Jadeblossom, Master Theurgist

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
okay, mates, keep in mind that this is changing the spell ANIMATIONS - not the actual spells.

Anyway, my personal gripes with specific spell animations:

I would, first of all, remove the Centaur's "matrix bullet time" slowdown as its arrow is fired. It's really pointless, and while it was cool the first time I saw it, it gets really tiresome after five times and more.

Orthrus' spell animation is very long, and most of it cannot even be seen if the enemy is above human size (as the camera sits mostly behind the enemy).

Rebirth, Storm Lord and Fire Dragon blocks the view of their secondary effects due to sheer size - less so with the Dragon and Lord than with Rebirth, however (Rebirth just gives a screen of green foilage).

Heck Hound - cute, but as with Centaur, lasts way too long. A little faster animation would be nice - such as skipping the howling or looking-adorable-in-too-tiny-doghouse. Colossus is the same - the shout can be skipped, as the colossus already have very slow movement.

Phoenix - has a LONG hanging period in the middle of its animation where charms, traps and shields are applied. Over a second of non-animation, even when there are no effects being applied.

Humungofrog desperately needs a zoom out - mostly because I am about to lose my lunch every time it's cast and I feel as if it is... 'ahem' "affecting" my monitor instead of merely the character on it. A minor sound change to turn down the general volume of this spell would be nice as well.

Scarecrow - let it drain each monster in turn, and THEN give half of the drained HP to the caster. I get outright dizzy from it if there's four enemies to drain.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
First - fix the heck hound!

It's fun when you see it the first 50 times but after that...

It takes so longl, and when I am in a hurry it annoys me so bad!!!

Make him come out of the kennel and attack immediately, not growl and prance

Secondly when wild bolt hits - play wild laughing just to annoy the people who it hit even more :D

Wraith needs a better background - in fact i would redo the whole spell and make it more like Malistaire's attack!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I would change scarecrow a little... i think it goes too fast compaired to all the other 48 spells

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
As you go through Krokotopia, you cannot help but question the intelligence of our Krok adversaries. They will try to stand on spindly little legs, and awkwardly swing their batons at you, when evolution has already given them a mighty weapon which would probably have spelled Death for you had they the brains to use it.

Basically, I think that as an alternate animation for a physical attack, some of the Kroks should just lurch over and bite you. They don't have them jaws for nothing!

Defender
May 05, 2010
Unicorn heal

When it comes up and heals all the people in the battlefield (except opponents) It doesen't make sense when it moves to the next person, it moves in a flash to it, this is my opinion to make it make more sense, the middle circle turns into grass then the unicorn heals the person but when it moves it turns to the next person and the next depending on how much people is in the battlefield.

Dark Fairy

It needs another animation, I have one , like a fairy appears and smashes into the target and dark magic sparkles fly near the target.

Meteor strike

maybe a few giant meteors hit the enemy.

Defender
May 05, 2010
These are some I deas I wanted to make for magic. p.s I put how much pips and the damage, some spells may exist already

Dark Fairy swarm

A bunch of Dark fairies attack you with dark magic.
maybe make it 3 or 4 pips because maybe it can do
400 - 565 Damage.

Thunderstorm

A big thunder storm shocks enemies with powerful blasts of thunder.
6 pips? 500 - 699 Damage and before the last spell.

Defender
May 05, 2010
Humongofrog

Like the animation, but the smears makes me feel sick and want to hurl , yecch! but I like the the humongofrog going like BLARRGH!!! It makes the opponent like faint out of the battle.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Oh! I would like the fire ice and storm hounds to be changed. maybe they could be a normal dog and then lick the opponent and their face burns up!! I am saying this because the spell is just showing off. I mean it takes so long for just something so simple. Like the normal one would do like 20 seconds. But my suggestion would only be like 10 seconds. Here is what it would look like. You cast it. A cute wittle dog appears. Then it roars a little roar a cute one. He then has a fiery look in his eyes and he runs over and FLAME LICK! The opponents face burns up!

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
That would make balance WAY too powerful. It already is the best primary school and it doesnt need any more advantages

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
For orthrus, I think the second animation should be the orthrus howls like normal, but if you get a critical, it will pounce on the enemy!

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Wraith: Maybe some of the attack variations could be like the "character attacks" for enemies like Lord Nightshade or Agony Wriath.

Ra: maybe put that part where he slams his staff onto the ground BEFORE Blades on you activate, cause otherwise, it is a VERY long animation.

Maybe Judgment gets a new animation. For us Sorcerors, our primary attack since level 28 has had ONE animation (I still love the "'allo!" before she attacks).