Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 80 Gear?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Sarahnimo wrote:

i really hope your talking about the crafted gear from avalon cause any other gear you lose a lot of power boost resist heal boost accuracy boost and in most cases universal block now i dont know what your wearing but that block rating means you got gear that only goes on block and critical.

First off that's how "I" wanted my gears to be. Nothing wrong with a gear that blocks and critical right? If you cant deal with the consequences of having crafted gears then go stick with your WW gear. But come on gweedoboy be resourceful, try to find something that will patch up what you lost in gaining something that Avalon's gears offered. Some of my gears can even be bought in your friendly neighborhood bazaar

plus you only critical as much as any ww gear person has. i know you would like to think other wise but you really just cant critical every 2 or 3

I offered you my stats but you gave me what? whimsical approximations? Are you telling me that my critical rating of 243 is the same with another storm wizard with WW gear on at my level of around what 150 - 170 ? And Im sure you will be nitpicking til the end but I just can't accept your claim that only WW gear works in avalon because I've been there and i know for a fact that it isn't.

i may have quoted on this same post twice now but you said that your critical rating is quick enough to not be blocked. now that doesnt make sense. no matter how high your critical is it will never change the amount of block the enemy has just in case you didnt know that

I said quick enough to take a chunk out of an average Avalon Boss whose Life points are around 10 - 12K because my critical rating makes me do so more often than not. Why would it change the amount of block of an enemy? They maybe able to block it to but the high critical rate makes me able to "try" getting one critical hit more often compared to a low critical rate provided by your WW gear. Im not in any way against WW gear anyhow its just that players should know that there are alternatives.

Try this for a change. get out of the forums, make crafted gears and see for yourself

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane
first of all when i was with my friend who had 210 critical, we were fighting a boss and i had ww gear on and i ciritcaled 3 times and he only did once so its chance plus if you really want your critical to significantly change get it to 300 or above other wise its still luck just a little but less amount of luck. and i have no probelm with other gear man i am not predijudice to everything but ww gear. and btw water works gear is the most balanced gear in the game so i would like better gear that has all that ww gear has but better so that i dont have to go waste a ring on heal boost cause guess what i would rather stick with my ring from the tower of the helephant. and btw i crafted the helmet from dun dara and i am trying it out. now i lose 9 universal resist but still have 20 across the board and 40 for storm and 30 for ice. i actually gain 1% of damage boost but lose a little health boost but gain a little extra hp. now my critical is 210 like my friend just because of that helmet. so far i dont see a difference in how i critical. i criticaled once last night but after today i will know if there is a change or not. and while im at it it may have seemed like i said no other gear doesnt work but i really didnt think that i see lots of people with different gear then me and they make it around just fine. but you cant denie that ww gear is the most balanced gear in the game still. cause with ww gear i dont have to give up a good ring or atheme because i need health boost or damage upgrade. cause the best rinf and antheme in the game are still from the tower of the helephant now i am going to display my gear states and if you want to show your stats then i guess we will see if you really know what your doing now heres my stats

3544 health 60% damage boost 29 global resist 19% global accuracy boost 154 critical( 210 with dun dara helmet) 95 global block( like you actually only i havent lost a battle since morganith hit me with mammoth over and over) 67% power pip chance and my healing boost is 30% in 15% out

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
gweedoboy wrote:
Sarahnimo wrote:

i really hope your talking about the crafted gear from avalon cause any other gear you lose a lot of power boost resist heal boost accuracy boost and in most cases universal block now i dont know what your wearing but that block rating means you got gear that only goes on block and critical.

First off that's how "I" wanted my gears to be. Nothing wrong with a gear that blocks and critical right? If you cant deal with the consequences of having crafted gears then go stick with your WW gear. But come on gweedoboy be resourceful, try to find something that will patch up what you lost in gaining something that Avalon's gears offered. Some of my gears can even be bought in your friendly neighborhood bazaar

plus you only critical as much as any ww gear person has. i know you would like to think other wise but you really just cant critical every 2 or 3

I offered you my stats but you gave me what? whimsical approximations? Are you telling me that my critical rating of 243 is the same with another storm wizard with WW gear on at my level of around what 150 - 170 ? And Im sure you will be nitpicking til the end but I just can't accept your claim that only WW gear works in avalon because I've been there and i know for a fact that it isn't.

i may have quoted on this same post twice now but you said that your critical rating is quick enough to not be blocked. now that doesnt make sense. no matter how high your critical is it will never change the amount of block the enemy has just in case you didnt know that

I said quick enough to take a chunk out of an average Avalon Boss whose Life points are around 10 - 12K because my critical rating makes me do so more often than not. Why would it change the amount of block of an enemy? They maybe able to block it to but the high critical rate makes me able to "try" getting one critical hit more often compared to a low critical rate provided by your WW gear. Im not in any way against WW gear anyhow its just that players should know that there are alternatives.

Try this for a change. get out of the forums, make crafted gears and see for yourself

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane
first of all when i was with my friend who had 210 critical, we were fighting a boss and i had ww gear on and i ciritcaled 3 times and he only did once so its chance plus if you really want your critical to significantly change get it to 300 or above other wise its still luck just a little but less amount of luck. and i have no probelm with other gear man i am not predijudice to everything but ww gear. and btw water works gear is the most balanced gear in the game so i would like better gear that has all that ww gear has but better so that i dont have to go waste a ring on heal boost cause guess what i would rather stick with my ring from the tower of the helephant. and btw i crafted the helmet from dun dara and i am trying it out. now i lose 9 universal resist but still have 20 across the board and 40 for storm and 30 for ice. i actually gain 1% of damage boost but lose a little health boost but gain a little extra hp. now my critical is 210 like my friend just because of that helmet. so far i dont see a difference in how i critical. i criticaled once last night but after today i will know if there is a change or not. and while im at it it may have seemed like i said no other gear doesnt work but i really didnt think that i see lots of people with different gear then me and they make it around just fine. but you cant denie that ww gear is the most balanced gear in the game still. cause with ww gear i dont have to give up a good ring or atheme because i need health boost or damage upgrade. cause the best rinf and antheme in the game are still from the tower of the helephant now i am going to display my gear states and if you want to show your stats then i guess we will see if you really know what your doing now heres my stats

3544 health 60% damage boost 29 global resist 19% global accuracy boost 154 critical( 210 with dun dara helmet) 95 global block( like you actually only i havent lost a battle since morganith hit me with mammoth over and over) 67% power pip chance and my healing boost is 30% in 15% out

You make sweeping statements that i cant fathom really. no one is telling that WW gear is not balanced. No one is saying that WW gear is not good. Even told you to stick with it Not even denying anything LOL. But your problem is you only want to see what you want to see so Its useless to try and point out things to you. Not even going to prove you if I know what I'm talking about because after three Archmages I think I know what I'm talking about.

So glad you crafted though. big improvement on your part :D

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011

i got almost like you ( those stats ). and they're good! i critical almost every attacks, and block nicely. attack boost is just the right, and resist gives me time to kill the boss. so its good to get balanced stats :D . from: luke stormgem, level 78 fire wizard, and proud of it!

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Sarahnimo wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
Sarahnimo wrote:

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

You make sweeping statements that i cant fathom really. no one is telling that WW gear is not balanced. No one is saying that WW gear is not good. Even told you to stick with it Not even denying anything LOL. But your problem is you only want to see what you want to see so Its useless to try and point out things to you. Not even going to prove you if I know what I'm talking about because after three Archmages I think I know what I'm talking about.

So glad you crafted though. big improvement on your part :D
lol nice way to secrelty insult me and i guess i did go on a rant of ww gear there and btw i crafted before you told me to and i did notice a slight change in how i criticaled(only the helmet) so i will give you that but its not much. now if i see what your trying to say correclty you think that its an awesome solution for the lack of good gear to get gear the has the best critical and block then try to find something that will make up what you lost correct? now yes you do critical a more often then people with ww gear naturally but is it enough to truly expect it when you want it. untill there is gear that will get critical to over 300 only then can you count on it like getting a power pip. now my critical max is 210 but you have arounf 250 so i dont know if at 250 you can count on it but you do so why dont you tell me if you count on critical when you need it most.(personally i prfer damage boost and critical together thus why i crafted the helmet)

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
gweedoboy wrote:
lol nice way to secrelty insult me and i guess i did go on a rant of ww gear there and btw i crafted before you told me to and i did notice a slight change in how i criticaled(only the helmet) so i will give you that but its not much. now if i see what your trying to say correclty you think that its an awesome solution for the lack of good gear to get gear the has the best critical and block then try to find something that will make up what you lost correct? now yes you do critical a more often then people with ww gear naturally but is it enough to truly expect it when you want it. untill there is gear that will get critical to over 300 only then can you count on it like getting a power pip. now my critical max is 210 but you have arounf 250 so i dont know if at 250 you can count on it but you do so why dont you tell me if you count on critical when you need it most.(personally i prfer damage boost and critical together thus why i crafted the helmet)

I don't know where you got that 300 "reliable" critical rating but Its like saying WW gear is the only gear for avalon all over again . And you cant even "count on" pips even with a high pip chance. Stop hanging on to things that isn't just there (e.g. 300 critical rate gear). Even if someone here reaches that, Im sure it will be at a cost of another stat so your arguments will be endless. You cant "expect" out of a rate but you can count on me saying that my critical rate (at present 255 w/ archmage storm) is a very good stat not only damage wise but also with healing ;) .

Try not to look so hard on your wizard on paper. its good that you agreed with the increase in your critical rating though even if its "not much"...again Im happy for you .

Good things happen to those who try something out of the norm.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Sarahnimo wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:

I don't know where you got that 300 "reliable" critical rating but Its like saying WW gear is the only gear for avalon all over again . And you cant even "count on" pips even with a high pip chance. Stop hanging on to things that isn't just there (e.g. 300 critical rate gear). Even if someone here reaches that, Im sure it will be at a cost of another stat so your arguments will be endless. You cant "expect" out of a rate but you can count on me saying that my critical rate (at present 255 w/ archmage storm) is a very good stat not only damage wise but also with healing ;) .

Try not to look so hard on your wizard on paper. its good that you agreed with the increase in your critical rating though even if its "not much"...again Im happy for you .

Good things happen to those who try something out of the norm.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane
i dont know if i quoted on this twice or not becuase my computer spazed out on me when i hit submit. now i cant see how you thought i was saying ww gear is the only gear that works for avalon when i said only when we get 300 critical can we expect it. and you kinda dodged my question witch was can you depend on your critical. the 300 i said becuase i was trying to make a point about how only when there is gear that raises critical to 300 will it make a slightly big difference in how we critical. now i was kinda exaturaiting the 300 critical because even then you cant really count on it to show up almost every round like a power pip because almost anyone who is a high level can get 7 power pips in a row fairly easily. now you might go off on me about how its not easy to get 7 power pips in a row but it happenes often enough if you actually try to. im getting of track here but next time you post awnser my question. can YOU depend on your critical every battle when you need it most(lol might have mentioned power pips to much but thats just part of my point

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
next time you post awnser my question. can YOU depend on your critical every battle when you need it most(lol might have mentioned power pips to much but thats just part of my point

the answer will be not always...and so is critical block, pip chance, spritely from a pet, unicorn from a pet, insane bolt, life current, wild bolt, casting accuracy, hatching, which happens to be all part of the game , the "uncertainty" of things left to chance, affected by modifiers and executed with a degree of risk-taking.

Im disappointed that all this time thats the only thing you wanted to point out . Now tell me between a critical rating of 255 and 160, which one will you most practically depend on?

And im sorry but your posts are not only wandering off the topic already but to "exaggerate" just to make a point is not even amusing anymore. So ill let you ramble on after this post.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
i guess you see part of my point but critical is pure chance unlike damage boost heal boost and resist. while i do get there is chance all over going on critical based gear just increases the amount of luck you need dramaticly. and btw a power pip comes very often and i was trying to say untill critical gets high enough to come that freakin often i am afraid most wizards dont wanna offer themselves to luck almost entirely plua the way enemies critical in avalon almost everyone needs universal block that so far only water works or some ultra rare gear gives i checked a lot of boss drops both in my backpack and my bank i did not see any gear that gave universal block. some of the crafted gear maybe but i forgot if it gave universal block or not. but we need a new water works that gives everything water works gear has but better so that we dont have to praticly throw our selves into luck even though we depend on it so much already. now i am not saying that a new ww would save everyone from bad gear because anyone can be happy with whatever gear they want but i know fore sure that a lot of people including me want a new water works that has better gear 8)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Sarahnimo wrote:
next time you post awnser my question. can YOU depend on your critical every battle when you need it most(lol might have mentioned power pips to much but thats just part of my point

the answer will be not always...and so is critical block, pip chance, spritely from a pet, unicorn from a pet, insane bolt, life current, wild bolt, casting accuracy, hatching, which happens to be all part of the game , the "uncertainty" of things left to chance, affected by modifiers and executed with a degree of risk-taking.

Im disappointed that all this time thats the only thing you wanted to point out . Now tell me between a critical rating of 255 and 160, which one will you most practically depend on?

And im sorry but your posts are not only wandering off the topic already but to "exaggerate" just to make a point is not even amusing anymore. So ill let you ramble on after this post.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane
your not even aruging with me your just taking my words and twisting them to your hearts content. btw you did say ww gear is not the best gear for avalon FACT so thats why i got defensive for ww gear witch is still the best gear for avalon becuase it gives you pure 100% working damage boost resist heal boost and the needed global accruracy boost and critical block. btw if i wanted to i could get my block to 130 with the right wand. plus again critical goes off of a huge amount of luck rather then counting on your damage boost with the critical to be a nice supprise and then ensure the kill and frankly i dont see you criticaling almost everyround and hitting bosses with huge damage. now if you say im off topic then thats just you mulipuating more words. and btw the parts i am off topic are off topic because i am retaliating to what you say to me.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Sarahnimo wrote:

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane
i know i quoted on this twice already but i just cant let you get away with insulting me like that. now you call me unresorseful when i did both ww and tower of the helephant and got the gear, ring, and antheme when you were obvilouslly to lazy to do either. :? in fact you said some of your gear is from the bazaar and the bazaar gear now is not very good so either you got lucky with someone selling something good or you are bad with gear. you know you just wouldnt understand how ww gear is the best becauseyou were to lazy to do ww and get the gear. you say your not saying ww gear is bad yet you say things like ww gear is not the best gear for avalon and when i crafted you said it was a big improvement on my part witch was like saying oh great you got something actually good. now you can have fun with your gear that depends on luck entirely and die half the time you fight a boss while i kill almost every boss i want to first try

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
I know people already gave me some good clothing to find, but, why are people talking about critical rating all of a sudden?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
woot000 wrote:
I know people already gave me some good clothing to find, but, why are people talking about critical rating all of a sudden?
me and sar were arguing but its over

Survivor
Jun 18, 2011
Anyone who thinks ww gear is the best and should stick with it forever is uninformed or just stuborn.
I crafted Avalon gear for all my wizards and it is sooooo much better than lvl 60 water works gear. Come on people we are level 70 plus and we deserve better than lvl 60 gear. Crafting tables are given to us so we would be able to craft our own gear, look around you will find good recipes that fit you not just one school but both!
Do not sell yourself short, you would be amazed at what you can make for yourself. Leave the WW gear back in the 60's where it belongs

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Honestly, critical rating isn't such a big deal. Once you get to higher levels, some in Celestia (bosses), Definitely in Zafaria (bosses), and it seems like all the bosses AND many of the mobs block critical.

Getting critical is such a random chance, no matter how high it is, that would be more efficient to get better stats in other areas, especially critical block.

Damage boost, power pip chance, healing, accuracy, resistance, critical block, and health are more important, and are pretty much guaranteed.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
belindamea wrote:
Anyone who thinks ww gear is the best and should stick with it forever is uninformed or just stuborn.
I crafted Avalon gear for all my wizards and it is sooooo much better than lvl 60 water works gear. Come on people we are level 70 plus and we deserve better than lvl 60 gear. Crafting tables are given to us so we would be able to craft our own gear, look around you will find good recipes that fit you not just one school but both!
Do not sell yourself short, you would be amazed at what you can make for yourself. Leave the WW gear back in the 60's where it belongs
well guess what dude i did craft it and i didnt like it ww gear still better the extra critical just doesnt do it when you forfiting other things

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
QueQueg wrote:
Honestly, critical rating isn't such a big deal. Once you get to higher levels, some in Celestia (bosses), Definitely in Zafaria (bosses), and it seems like all the bosses AND many of the mobs block critical.

Getting critical is such a random chance, no matter how high it is, that would be more efficient to get better stats in other areas, especially critical block.

Damage boost, power pip chance, healing, accuracy, resistance, critical block, and health are more important, and are pretty much guaranteed.
thats exaclty what ive been trying to say

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
belindamea wrote:
You tell me this now? I was almost done with te firestarter clothes set! Ugh....

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
There is lvl 78 gear but I like the waterworks gear better i can't get the boots yet but i got lvl 72 boots that are good.Also the sword of kings is a great wand. ;)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
woot000 wrote:
belindamea wrote:
You tell me this now? I was almost done with te firestarter clothes set! Ugh....
no dont listen to him he is wronf and is desprate for new gear. water works gear is still the best

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
903251 wrote:
There is no good gear in avalon anyways, the waterworks gear is still epic :) :)and you should just keep it. It is really good!

TOTALLY agree My Death did whole world in the WW gear avalon drops just not good enough to keep you fighting and i tried all the stuff 72's 76's 78's all terrible Archmage Death Wiz

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
The Waterworks gear is viewed as the best gear in the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if a new instance (dungeon) would arrive with level 80 gear.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Skan123 wrote:
The Waterworks gear is viewed as the best gear in the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if a new instance (dungeon) would arrive with level 80 gear.
oh man i hope that happenes. if it doesnt so be it i will craft better gear if theres anything better

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
stanklepoot wrote:
The only gear that I'd even consider replacing my waterworks gear for is gear that you have to craft. The recipes can be bought from a guy in Dun Dara, but you have to be a legendary crafter in order to do so. I'm still trying to get enough fossils to get that crafting bump.

I totally agree, I've never worn WW gear on any of my wizards, I always craft and I have critical in the 200's 4120 health, resist only in ice and storm, %50 incoming health, %68 damage for my school only, and 170 block in all schools. I don't know why KI hates us and doesn't want to give us good clothes that we can buy at the bazaar like pre level 60 wizards can, but crafting is the best way to go in my opinion.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
There is level 80 gear and it is totally awesome in every respect. The only problem is that you get it on a hit or miss when you purchase the hoard of hydra pack in the crown shop. You get six items that can range from mounts to pets to gear to everyday common items. That is why it is a hit or miss kinda deal. But the gear does exist I ought to know since i now have everything but a ring. As a pyromancer this gear is very handy to have.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
belindamea wrote:

Yes and YES! Couldn't agree with you more, especially with the part in bold (I had to underline one sentence because it basically sums up my feelings for the whole 'WW Gear Vs. AV Gear' debate). People look at AV's crafted gear's lower Pip chance and resistance and think that the gear's automatically trash, but not so imo. In my experience, 68% Pip chance has turned out to be pretty good for me, and having 18% resistance to all but two Schools isn't bad either. My Myth has 222 Critical, 209 Block vs. Life and Death, 199 Block vs. Balance, and 154 Block against the remaining Schools and I've had minimal problems with AV mobs and bosses; the high Critical boost really helped me out a lot as I didn't have to worry about my Critical attacks being blocked nearly as much as when I had the WW gear on.

But unfortunately, I'll still be seeing many people clinging onto the level 60 gear...even when the level cap is raised to 90...