Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How come I never win a PvP match?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I think this because I'm Balance and it seems like every school is better than it. And it seems like Storm/Life wizards always win. Why is Balance so bad? :(

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
Balances aren't bad, and the classes are equal all of them, having own weaknesses and advantages.
Now it depends what level you are, since if you are a level 5 and you fight in ranked with other people, they would most likely use a lvl 48 pet spell or a triton, storm spell or something.(Treasure cards)
I suggest you to firstly practice pvp so you can make an idea about it. It is sometimes about luck, for example, when you are first and you are almost dead but you heal and the person can't kill you, when if you weren't the first one, the person would have killed you. Also, search around for your class and other classes's strategies, it will help you a lot.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Balance is not an easy one to use in PVP, but it is possible to win.

What level in the game are you? Are you playing 1v1 or playing on teams?

When you are playing, take the time to see what the other players are using. Blades, traps, types of spells, etc. Even though you lose, you can learn from the experience to be able to build a better deck to play PVP. It's not going to be the same as fighting monsters, so you need to rethink about what you can use. What will work? What will not work?

Read through the PVP player guides on the message board on here and wizard101central. This will help you reorganize your deck, and help make you a better player.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
bubbs22 wrote:
I think this because I'm Balance and it seems like every school is better than it. And it seems like Storm/Life wizards always win. Why is Balance so bad? :(

Balance is not weak, it's just complicated. Before i can give you a direct response, i think it would be helpful for us to know your lvl and strageties first so we can pin point the weaknesses of it, no pun intended.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
When you start a pvp match, you better be prepaired to fight because they are not like normal fights. People load their treasure cards with tower shields, ( and insane bolt before it was banned). There are just so many ways to increase your chances to win. People use pets that seem perfect with spritely spell proof, and defying with even may cast unicorn. If you are losing to storm, it is most likely because you arent slowing the pace down. From personal experience diviners like to attack and kill within a few rounds,if you are balance, then i suggest packing weakness and tower shield treasure cards to try and get them out of their comfort zone and ultimatley slow the pace down. If you are losing to life then i suggest infection treasure cards, life dispels, or even doom and gloom. How it may be difficult to predict your opponent in a player vs player match, you need to learn from your mistakes and fix them. You can find pages worth of guides on how to beat each and every school, and if you are seeing a pattern where most of your losses are coming against storm and life, find a way to contrast their abilities into your control and favor.

It isnt that balance is bad, its how you use it.

I will need more info on your level and your second school(s) to further explain strategies, but for now this is all the help i can offer

Kevin Deaththorn level 71 storm

Defender
May 24, 2009
bubbs22 wrote:

I see you getting some rude comments from some people in the near future. I suggest you buy back your training points if you dont have really helpful cards. A good strategy for balance is to stack blades and keep using tower shields than use judgement.

P.S (if you face myth turn and run)

JOSEPH WYRMBANE lvl 70 conjurer

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
There are definitely some things you can do to increase your chances of victory. More than likely some deck tweaking and gear preparation .

Like others have mentioned give us some more details :) The most important being the level of your balance character.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
bubbs22 wrote:
I win as a life but I also lose to a balance so you can win well balance,

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
bubbs22 wrote:

I can't believe I just read that. Balance is EPIC!

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Oh just spam mana burn. That's what everybody else is doing, right? So why not you? Why not hop on the band wagon to mass destruction.

well I can tell you one thing, DONT spam mana burn, ever.
It won't get you anywhere.

My suggestion would be to summon a minion, and kinda just take your opponent down slowly. Unless they dont have tower shields, Then judgement them of course.

Hope I helped!

@jackflame

Defender
May 15, 2010
Life loses? I try to heal so much they run out of cards, but what with the treasure cards that deal 2,500 damage (Stop blading! No! Not judgement! Your level 9! come on!). I just wanna equip a ring. It's not going well.

Defender
May 15, 2010
I can easily win on my ice wizard. Here is the strategy they use:
You know those tri-shields you get at like level 5? Use them.
Summon a mander minion.
Save up your pips, and attack on the same round of the minion with lots of blades.
Higher level?
Super Nova and Mana Burn are great spells. Abuse them.
And the key to pvp:
Have a good pet.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
all schools are pretty equal in pvp, its not the school, its just that your bad at pvp

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
if i were you i would 2v2 with a storm and you blade them and shield them while they blade some also and save pips to do a big attack.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
bubbs22 wrote:

balance isnt bad i have battled balance before and gotten beaten with there spell judgement just think of every lost as a learning experience ; learn from your mistakes and try to change up your strategy you guys have great spells that are usefull for pvp

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Defender
Apr 08, 2011
Balance can be BOSS in PvP, you just need the right strategy and spell deck set-up. :]

"Normal? That's a setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that." -Ashley Purdy

Melissa DayDreamer, Level 49
Jasmine IceCloud, Level 8

Survivor
May 06, 2010
bubbs22 on May 3, 2012 wrote:
How come i can't win pvp i' m fire wizard and i tried so hard beating pvp is fire the worst in pvp?