Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Avalon Critical

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Oh good, I thought it was just me. Yes, I've noticed that also.
However my pets cast sprite way more in higher worlds

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
no i got 2 criticals in 2 turns :). maybe your gear needs a better critical rating. if you are starting avalon you wanna use your waterworks gear for damge and critical. :D

wolf ashstrider
transcendent pyromancer

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
A lot of the normal enemies ahead will always block unless you have a high critical.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2012
maxt617 wrote:
has anyone notices criticals seem to happen even less in Avalon
not true almost all the people have critical my friend has 290

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
Really because my critical happens all the time in Avalon and I'm a balance wizard, my critical is around 200 and it rarely critical in Zafaria and the other world's except for Grizzelheim. So I think they rose the critical rating. :)

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
yep i noticed it, i don't get many criticals on them, - but they seem to get tons of criticals on me :)

oh well, i'm so happy with the world they can kill me a million times with their criticals lol :)

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
Well the way i see it waterworks is the best gear around so far, so its kind of unfair to give away good stats for a gear that only gives high critical stats am i right?

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
You are correct :) I do agree with what you're saying- kinda like a waste of gear, when that is the whole purpose of it.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2011
Thank You for noticing My critical is always blocked in Avalon. But I'm fine with it What makes me really angry is that I hardly block the enemies' critical :x And my critical block is 83. And yes I have waterworks gear.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
i will rather keep my waterworks clothing because it's the best
if you have more than 200+ critical that means you are always needing help
i have 37 defense and 45 health defense due to my pet and clothing.now lets talk about
crafting clothing :P

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
towerdefence2 wrote:
no i got 2 criticals in 2 turns :). maybe your gear needs a better critical rating. if you are starting avalon you wanna use your waterworks gear for damge and critical. :D

wolf ashstrider
transcendent pyromancer

but I don't have my waterworks gear, I'm too weak. :(

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
maxt617 wrote:
has anyone notices criticals seem to happen even less in Avalon
I have, but criticals are really only chance and there isn't really anything you can do to make an assured critical each time. If you critical less that means that your level is high but your critical rating isn't rising with it. The times you critical all depend on your level-to-critical-rating proportion. For instance, if you had a critical rating of 50 at about level 10 (don't ask me how this is possible, it's just an example), you would be throwing criticals left and right, whereas if you have a critical rating of 50 at level 80, it wont do you much good, and you will critical extremely rarely. The same rules apply to block. Long story short, your criticals don't happen as often because your critical rating may be not very high in proportion to your level. My life's critical rating is 132, but he is a level 80 so I very rarely see him critical. This doesn't mean you should switch out all your gear for critical gear, because all your other stats are just as important, trust me. All in all, the number of times you critical depends on your critical rating vs. your level. Hope I helped.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009